Gone are the days when people used to have only cash as a payment option. Now with more and more E-Commerce websites, online and retail stores, new payment methods emerged. Among many E-Commerce platforms available in the market, Shopify is one of the leading easy-to-set-up E-Commerce platforms. It allows users to easily set up online stores of any size.
Sellers can sell their products both on online stores and in person via Point of Sale. The store needs a versatile and robust payment system that allows them to accept payments via multiple modes. Square is a digital payment and financial service company that can integrate with Shopify to make Sales hassle-free. Square Shopify Integration is one of the widely used combinations by online stores.
Square Shopify Integration allows sellers to accept payments on online stores and at Point of Sale (POS). It automatically syncs orders and transaction details between Square and Shopify stores. In this article, you will go through the brief introduction to Shopify and Square, then learn about the steps to set up Square Shopify Integration and read about some of its benefits.
Table of Contents
- An active Shopify store.
- An active Square account.
Introduction to Shopify
Shopify is an E-Commerce platform that allows non-tech savvy people to effortlessly set up their online store within a few minutes. It is a leading online store builder widely used by beginners and professionals. Users don’t require any technical knowledge to set up their online store because it offers easy to navigate graphical user interface. Shopify comes with hundreds of pre-built themes and templates that users can use to create an online store with the point-and-click method.
Shopify also provides an online retail Point of Sale system (POS) where merchants can sell their products in person. It is designed for all businesses regardless of their sizes. Shopify provides a set of tools and services such as payment gateways, shipping, Marketing, and customer engagement so that users can grow their business easily. Shopify offers 5 subscription packages i.e., Basic Shopify, Shopify, Shopify Advanced, Shopify Lite, and Shopify Plus.
Key Features of Shopify
Shopify helps users set up an online store in minutes who want to enter the E-commerce industry and users who already have offline stores. A few features of Shopify are listed below:
- Analytics and Reporting: The Shopify App store allows access to a wide variety of Marketing Tools, including Email Marketing, Analytics, and Reporting functionalities.
- Shopify Templates: It comes with visually stunning and well-designed themes and templates. You can customize your website and make it user-friendly with features such as Product Filters, Live Search, and Drop-Down Menus.
- App Integrations: Shopify provides an app store where users can find many 3rd party tools and services that can enhance users’ Sales, Marketing, or workflow.
To know more about Shopify, click here.
Introduction to Square
Square is a mobile payment and financial services company that enables sellers to accept card payments on Point of Sale systems and provide Reporting and Analytics features. It aims to simplify the commerce business through technology. Square provides services to both sellers and customers.
With the help of Square, sellers can accept online and offline payments from customers and help access finance. Customers can use Cash App that is an app launched by Square. It let customers pay at retail stores and online payment gateways in supported countries.
Key Features of Square
Square offers many products and services to serve users in retail payments, invoicing, online Sales and ordering, Business and banking management solutions. A few more features of Square are listed below:
- Reporting Tools: Square offers high-level Reporting features that allow users to create reports on transactions according to specific periods and focus on certain item categories. The reports can be exported into CSV file format.
- Multi-Store Management: Square simplifies the management of multiple stores. It allows users to keep track of each store from the same account with ease.
- E-Mail Marketing: Square helps store owners gather E-Mails for E-Mail Marketing opportunities. It automates the E-Mails that will send regular newsletters and Campaigns to customers.
To know more about Square, click here.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Salesforce, Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources including Shopify and 30+ data sources for free and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo not only loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination but also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set up Square Shopify Integration
Now that you have read about Square and Shopify. In this section, you will learn the steps to set up Square Shopify Integration. To successfully integrate Square Shopify and sync data, you need to add your Shopify products into your Square account items with the same SKU number. If there are no common items between Square and Shopify, then the Square Shopify Integration will throw an error and ask you to add common products on both platforms. The steps for Square Shopify Integration are listed below:
Step 1: Installing AutoSync for Square App
- Log in to your Shopify store, here.
- Navigate to the “Apps” in the sidebar menu, as shown in the image below.
- Click on the “Customize your store” button located on the top of the screen, as shown in the image below.
- A new tab will open with the Shopify app store. Here, search for “Square” and hit enter.
- Now, search and click on the “AutoSync for Square” App, as shown in the image below.
- Click on the “Add app” button to install the AutoSync app for Square Shopify Integration, as shown in the image below.
- Now, click on the “Install app” button, as shown in the image below.
- Now, the app will get installed in your Shopify store.
Step 2: Connecting to the Square Account
- Now, click on the “Connect Square” button, as shown in the image below.
- A new pop-up window will prompt you to log in to your Square account and authorize permission to access Shopify data. Provide all the credentials.
- Now, it will show the items in the app if both Shopify and Square products are saved with the same SKU number, as shown in the image below.
That’s it! You have completed the Square Shopify Integration.
Benefits of Square Shopify Integration
Square Shopify Integration helps Shopify store owners sync orders, transactions, and products between Shopify and Square. A few benefits of using Square Shopify Integration are listed below:
- It helps store owners to create centralized reporting that helps in optimizing Sales opportunities.
- Square Shopify Integration helps in gathering leads for E-Mail Marketing purposes that will eventually lead to an increase in sales and revenue.
- Square Shopify Integration enables real-time data sync between Shopify and Square that helps owners keep track of the inventory.
In this article, you learnt about the steps to set up Square Shopify Integration. You also read why it is essential to integrate Square Shopify and the benefits of this integration. Shopify is a leading E-Commerce platform that enables POS features to sellers, and Square allows sellers to accept payments in multiple modes. Square Shopify Integration makes the workflow hassle-free and saves a lot of time from manual data entry tasks.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Shopify handles many orders and payments daily, and all the data is essential for a company. Companies can use this data to analyze and generate insights. Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you transfer data from Shopify for free to desired Data Warehouse. It fully automates the process to load and transform data from 100+ sources to a destination of your choice without writing a single line of code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of learning about Square Shopify Integration in the comments section below!
No-code Data Pipeline For your Data Warehouse