Modern-day companies need to replicate their siloed data across multiple data sources into a centralized location to generate business-critical insights. Reports with complete and accurate data help business leaders in these companies make strategic decisions for business growth.
However, using the internal engineering team’s bandwidth to replicate data is not the recommended approach. In-house-built pipelines often break or require heavy maintenance as the number of data sources and formats increases.
There are several ETL platforms on the market, such as Stitch Data, Hevo, and Fivetran, that seamlessly automate the process of data replication. However, the selection of the ETL platform depends on your business use case and engineering requirements. Data professionals need to thoroughly evaluate these ETL platforms to ensure near real-time data replication.
While Stitch is widely used as a Modern-Day ETL Platform, the tool has some limitations. We have compiled a list of top 10 Stitch Alternatives along with their Pros and Cons to help you identify the best-in-class ETL Platform.
Table of Contents
What is Stitch Data?
As an integral part of the Talend Data Fabric, Stitch Data is a cloud-based ETL solution that allows you to move data from a list of 120 data sources to a specified destination. Extracting, Transforming & loading your data to a central location, Stitch Data allows your business teams to focus on analyzing data rather than worrying about building and managing a data pipeline.
Key Features of Stitch Data
Stitch Data offers the following set of salient features:
- Stitch Dashboard: You get a complete overview of your current usage data such as the number of rows synced by a data source. This allows you to keep a check on how you’re pacing toward your monthly row limit.
- Historical Data Sync: When you get started with Stitch for the first time, all the historical data from your database and SaaS tools are synced to your destination. .
- Data Selection: Based on your business requirement, you can select the required tables, fields, collections, and endpoints you need in your warehouse.
- Replication Frequency: Stitch allows you to set what intervals you want to replicate data, ranging from every minute, to once every 24 hours.
What are the Drawbacks of using Stitch Data?
While Stitch Data has become a popular ETL tool, you will also find the following limitations while using it:
- Data replication from NoSQL Databases like MongoDB is a challenge in Stitch. Many times, object flattening of unstructured data in NoSQL Databases leads to inaccurate data in your Data Warehouse.
- Replicating data from the same source to several destinations becomes quite a challenge using Stitch Data. For example, loading a portion of your datastore’s tables to Redshift and the remaining to Redshift Spectrum.
- It needs a sufficient learning curve to get used to the UI. For instance, you may find it difficult to navigate through the list of inventories.
- A refined error messaging & notification system is required to assist you in easily identifying the problem in a timely manner.
- Stitch doesn’t have pre-load or post-load data transformation capabilities.
- Doesn’t have a SQL workbench or built-in features for creating reports and dashboards.
In this article, we discuss various Stitch Alternatives you could use to achieve your data goals. Hevo, a fully-managed Data Pipeline platform, offers seamless data replication and transformation. With Hevo, you can replicate data from a growing library of 150+ plug-and-play integrations and 15+ destinations — SaaS apps, databases, data warehouses, and much more.
GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
Here’s a list of Top 10 Stitch Alternatives for 2022:
Key Stitch Alternatives
Stitch Alternatives: Hevo Data
Best Stitch Alternative for teams that need Real-time data.
Hevo, a fully-managed Data Pipeline platform, offers seamless data replication and transformation. With Hevo, you can replicate data from a growing library of 150+ plug-and-play integrations and 15+ destinations — SaaS apps, databases, data warehouses, and much more. Without writing a single line of code, Hevo fully manages and automates the process of not only loading data from your chosen source but also enriching the data and changing it into a form that is suitable for analysis. Due to its fault-tolerant architecture, data is handled securely, consistently, and without any data loss.
It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination. It allows you to focus on the key business needs and perform insightful analysis.
Sign up here for a 14-day free trial!
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Stitch Alternatives: Airbyte
Launched in 2020, Airbyte is one of the Stitch data open-source alternatives that allow you to transfer data from a collection of sources to a Data Warehouse. With 120+ connectors, Airbyte provides you to extract, transform & load data from applications, APIs & databases to data warehouses, lakes, and several other destinations. Owing to Airbyte’s Open-source model, businesses can now support each other by building and maintaining their unique connectors.
Who should use Airbyte?
This is an excellent solution for businesses looking for better control of the data connectors required for the ETL/ELT service. The Airbyte community allows you completely bypass the ETL service provider and lets your Engineering team gain autonomy to debug at will & fix any bugs yourself. Data Engineers can use this Open-Source tool to build custom integrations using the connector development kit (CDK) that contains connector-specific code.
- Since all the Airbyte connectors are running on Docker containers, you can ensure independent operations.
- You can continuously track your custom connectors, refresh whenever you need them, and schedule updates.
- To make sure a full-proof connector is ready for production, Airbyte will certify them for you.
- A very limited number of pre-built connectors are available.
- This still requires you to invest a portion of your engineering bandwidth to develop, monitor & fix any issues.
- There are frequent new releases & lack of effective error handling.
|Airbyte||Stitch Data||Hevo |
|Airbyte offers 120+ data connectors.||Stitch only offers 100+ data sources.||Hevo offers 150+ data connectors (including 40+ free sources) with a reliable & fault-tolerant architecture.|
|It follows Infrastructure pricing that is based on computation time and egress cost. ||Volume-based pricing according to the newly added or edited rows. ||With absolute transparent pricing, Hevo charges you on the number of events ingested per month. Starting from a free plan, you can also opt for a custom plan suitable for your business needs.|
Stitch Alternatives: Panoply
Panoply is a cloud-based solution that makes data synchronization, storage, and access fast and easy. This simple, low-maintenance tool makes it super easy to perform advanced analysis without investing resources in complex data engineering tasks. Panoply gives you access to a no-code interface & supercharges your data analysis using BI tools. It provides data that can be analyzed in minutes and industry-leading 24/7 support.
Who should use Panoply?
As one of the Stitch Alternatives, Panoply is a good solution for businesses that deal with large amounts of data & do not want all users of the company to see or view it. Apart from the ETL solution, it also provides an easy-to-setup Data Warehouse for companies that need to build a complete multipurpose data stack.
- With easy data integrations, importing data into the data warehouse is a seamless process.
- Automated data modeling analysis without any need for continuously monitoring it.
- Automated query optimization speeds up the dashboard analysis.
- Panoply provides comprehensive documentation and online support to solve your queries.
- The user interface can be improved for a better intuitive experience.
- It can be a little expensive compared to other Stitch Alternatives.
|Once data is synced with the built-in ETL integrations, you can query it using Panoply’s workbench or connect your favorite BI tool.||It provides efficient integrations but lacks built-in capabilities to work with data for reporting.||Hevo provides you with drag n drop, python-based & SQL pre-load complex data transformation capabilities. You can also perform post-load transformations using the SQL interface.|
|There are no hidden charges for adding users or the number of queries run i.e. cost is more predictable than with pay-by-the-hour or pay-by-the-row models.||Its standard pricing plan offers monthly rates according to millions of rows of data the user expects they will utilize.||Hevo offers a transparent pricing structure based on the number of records you consumed per month. Starting from a free plan, you can also choose a custom plan based on your business use case.|
Stitch Alternatives: ETLeap
Among the other popular Cloud-Based Stitch Competitors, ETLeap is an ETL solution that brings data from multiple sources to destinations such as Redshift, Snowflake & S3 buckets. It allows you to wrangle data and create no-maintenance data pipelines.
Who should use ETLeap?
ETLeap act as an effective ETL tool for businesses that handle huge volumes of data and want to leverage the power of this data for reporting, modeling, and decision-making. Companies looking to minimize the manual intervention in extracting data from multiple sources with no-maintenance pipelines opt for ETLeap.
- It has a beginner-friendly user interface.
- It has a great support team that can solve your queries over the phone or via in-app support.
- Using the Graphical Interface, you can perform transformations such as parsing, extracting, translating, and filtering in the data pipeline.
- It has a limited number of integrations and APIs.
- It has a significant learning curve.
|It supports about 50 Saas data Sources.||It supports 100+ data sources with the ability that allows users to add their custom ones.||Hevo offers 150+ data connectors (including 40+ free sources) with a reliable & fault-tolerant architecture. |
|ETLeap has limited data transformation functionalities.||Only based on data ingestion, Stitch Data doesn’t support data transformation.||Hevo provides you with a simple SQL query editor to perform complex pre-load & post-load data transformations. Hevo also supports drag n drop & python based pre-load transformations.|
Stitch Alternatives: Xplenty
Xplenty is another great alternative to Stitch Data. It provides a simple ETL tool that requires no coding or deployment. This allows enterprises to implement, process, and prepare data for cloud analytics. With its user-friendly interface, you can quickly get started with this scalable platform without the need for any programming skills. This gives organizations quick access to big data insights without the need to purchase software, hardware, and other tools.
Who should use Xplenty?
Xplenty is a good solution for companies that works with multiple IT systems that are based on different formats. Using Xplenty, you simply extract and merge data from several sources and make it available for BI tools or other IT systems.
- Xplenty has detailed documentation and a team of experts to help you out with your queries.
- The drag and drop interface allows you quickly set up your pipeline.
- You can easily manage data source and destination connections with an added ability to add notes to dataflows.
- You need some technical expertise to get started with the software as it has a significant learning curve.
- You might find it challenging to debug as the error logs lack specificity.
|Xplenty doesn’t offer transparent pricing, though you can opt for the 7-day free trial.||Its standard plans range from $100 to $1,250 per month depending on the scale with a 14-day trial.||You can get started with full feature access 14-day free trial. Offering transparent pricing, you can choose the free plan or go for a custom plan built for your business. |
|It offers multiple in-built features like Dashboard, Expression editor, Schema &Reporting tool.||Stitch lacks an in-built SQL Workbench or a reporting tool.||Loaded with SQL-based pre & post data transformation capabilities. You can also perform drag n drop & python based pre-load transformations.|
Stitch Alternatives: Improvado
Improvado is also counted among widely used Stitch Alternatives. Improvado is essentially an ETL platform designed to help marketing and business teams to transform data into consistent, useful, and meaningful insights across platforms. It provides an easy-to-use & intuitive platform that eliminates the need for developers to assist with implementation and modification creating a data flow. Using Improvado, you can simply retrieve all real-time data in one place using automated dashboards and reports.
Who should use Improvado?
This is a great ETL tool for marketers that allows you to get data from multiple sources and perform in-depth cross-channel marketing analytics. Improvado enables you to gain well-arranged insights into the company’s marketing channel’s performance in real-time. It also helps mitigate risk when tuning your marketing strategy.
- It has a dedicated 24/7 support team that can assist in resolving your queries quickly.
- Improvado supports 200+ marketing sources.
- Improvado dashboard provides you with a holistic view of marketing channels.
- You may need prior technical knowledge as it takes time to adapt to its user interface.
- It lacks integrations with sources that are out of the marketing domain.
|It provides 200+ marketing connectors.||It offers 100+ data connectors and an option for users to develop custom connectors via an open-source toolkit.||Hevo provides 150+ data connectors(including 40 + free sources). You can also request a custom connector & Hevo will build it for you.|
|Improvado provides extensive documentation with a dedicated manager to solve your queries.||It provides support via a live chat portal with phone support only available for Enterprise customers.||You get a team of experts ready to quickly solve your queries 24/7 via Live Chat, Phone, or email. Hevo also provides you with detailed online documentation.|
Stitch Alternatives: Matillion
Another one of the top Stitch Data competitors is Matillion. It is an effective cloud-based ETL tool available on the AWS Marketplace. Billed on an hourly basis, it allows you to easily extract and load data from a comprehensive list of data sources using a user-friendly GUI without programming. This allows you to completely automate most tasks in the ETL process with little manual intervention.
Who should use Matillion?
It is a boon for companies struggling with un-transparent data pipelines and needs to spend a considerable portion of data engineers’ time on developing data connectors. As one of the main Stitch Alternatives, it is also a low-code/no-code platform that everyone can quickly get started with & understand how to connect multiple systems & send data to a centralized location.
- It offers an intuitive & user-friendly workflow orchestration with support for multiple languages such as SQL, Python, bash, and various API connectors.
- Matillion has a team of trained & responsive data experts to help you solve your doubts.
- It provides a smooth approach for handling failures in processes.
- An improved notification & alerting system is required for queued jobs.
- The interface specific to the python script component needs a friendlier window in which to edit your scripts.
|It only offers around 40 data connectors.||Stitch offers more than 100+ data connectors.||Hevo provides 150+ data connectors(including 40 + free sources).|
|It offers multiple data stack components such as Data ingestion, ELT, and business intelligence.||Stitch only focuses on Data Ingestion & lacks data transformation features.||Hevo offers ETL, ELT & reverse ETL solutions. It is loaded with SQL-based pre & post data transformation capabilities. You can also perform drag n drop & python based pre-load transformations.|
Stitch Alternatives: Alteryx
Alteryx is used to effectively automate the process of collecting, preparing, and blending data that is time-consuming or impossible to combine with other tools. Alteryx is a software solution that allows users to quickly access, edit, analyze, and report on their data. Alteryx creates workflows in the form of process documents, allowing users to review, collaborate, support, and improve processes.
Who should use Alteryx?
Alteryx is a great tool that simply helps data engineers automate the data preparation process. This allows the business users to quickly get started with Alteryx without any need for technical knowledge. It is also highly recommended for data science use cases such as predictive and geospatial solutions.
- It provides a transparent data workflow such as cleansing, analyzing, and optimizing the data.
- It offers a beginner-friendly platform.
- You leverage the self-service tools for your reporting needs.
- It only supports a limited number of data connectors.
- It lacks in getting R and Python-based data insights and pulling them directly into downstream tools for reporting.
|It focuses on ETL, transformations, data preparation & data science functionalities.||Stitch is designed only for data ingestion & lacks data transformation functionalities.||Hevo provides you with a simple SQL query editor to perform complex pre-load & post-load data transformations. Hevo also supports drag n drop & python based pre-load transformations.|
|It supports fewer than 10 data connectors.||Stitch offers more than 100 data connectors.||Hevo provides 150+ data connectors(including 40 + free sources).|
Stitch Alternatives: Striim
Striim is an ETL and streaming platform that links clouds, data, and applications with unparalleled speed and simplicity, delivering the right data at the right time, at the right time. Striim allows you to keep a tab on multiple business events in any environment, builds applications, and leverages true real-time analytics to deliver a great customer experience.
Who should use Striim?
Businesses using popular RDBMS can use Striim‘s change data capture feature. You can perform data enrichments on several data sources in the same Striim application. For security operations and audit trails, you can simply install stand-alone agents and start streaming log files to Striim servers.
- Striim scales out to in-memory computing with high availability and failover for maximum uptime.
- Striim’s security features and delivery model give organizations complete control over compliance with industry standards.
- Striim effectively executes long-running transactions with no additional downtime.
- The user interface and the real-time dashboard need to be improved.
- The complete license is a bit expensive.
|Striim||Stitch Data ||Hevo|
|Strim has limited data transformation features.||Acting as a data ingestion tool, Stitch lacks data transformation capabilities. ||It is loaded with SQL-based pre & post data transformation capabilities. You can also perform drag n drop & python based pre-load transformations.|
|Striim is an expensive tool. Its plans ranges from 2,500$/ month for 10M events to 9,000$/month for 1B events.||Its standard plans range from $100 to $1,250 per month depending on the scale with a 14-day trial.||You can get started with full feature access 14-day free trial. Offering transparent pricing, you can choose the free plan, or go for a custom plan built for your business.|
Stitch Alternatives: Skyvia
Skyvia is a universal cloud data platform that gives users complete control over business data from a variety of sources. It allows you to easily consolidate cloud and relational data without any coding. With just a few clicks, you can back up your data securely and restore it when needed. You can simply view and managed data online using SQL or the OData REST API.
Who should use Skyvia?
Skyvia is one of the popular Stitch Alternatives useful for businesses to achieve a unidirectional data sync from one data source to another without any coding.
- It has a great support team that is very responsive and will help you to resolve issues or questions quickly
- Skyvia provides an easy-to-learn user interface.
- It automatically syncs the mapping of the similarly named fields.
- Data synchronization is sometimes a slow process with Skyvia.
- It offers only a limited number of pre-built integrations.
|Skyvia offers limited integrations with 40+ data connectors.||Stitch offers more than 100+ data connectors.||Hevo provides 150+ data connectors(including 40 + free sources). You can also request a custom connector & Hevo will build it for you.|
|Charging 399$/month for 10M records, Skyvia is an expensive solution||Its standard plans range from $100 to $1,250 per month depending on the scale with a 14-day trial.||With full-feature access 14-day free trial, you can also opt for a free plan offering 1M records/month. You can choose from the Starter plan beginning at 249$ for 20M records/ month or select a custom plan built for your business.|
In this article, you have learned about the Top 10 Stitch Alternatives in the ETL/ELT market. Based on your business requirements such as replication frequency, data connectors, technical expertise, and budget, you can select from these best Stitch Alternatives. If you require a seamless data integration that doesn’t require you to code, then Hevo is the right choice for you!
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo, a No-code Data Pipeline provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to manage data transfer between a variety of sources and a wide variety of Desired Destinations, with a few clicks. Hevo has pre-built strong integrations with 150+ data connectors (including 40+ free sources) that connect with over 15+ Destinations. It allows you to simply export, load, transform & enrich your data to make it analysis-ready so that you can focus on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite firsthand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of learning about Top 10 Stitch Alternatives! Let us know in the comments section below!