Businesses in today’s world are relying on Online Marketing more than ever before. This is simply due to the fact that most Online Marketing channels follow a simple Pay-as-You-Go Pricing strategy along with a targeted audience approach which means that a person will only be shown advertisements for a product if they’ve shown some interest in it in the past. This has allowed businesses to expand their customer volume massively since the product is being advertised to people who they know are interested in paying for their service.
As a result, Digital Marketing has become one of the most popular and effective techniques that businesses rely on to market their offerings since these techniques allow businesses to reach a wider audience and efficiently measure the performance of their Marketing efforts in a way that can be easily visualized and communicated to decision-makers. This allows them to plan future Marketing strategies and campaigns accordingly.
One of the most popular Digital Marketing tools is Taboola Ads. This article will provide you with an in-depth understanding of what Taboola Ads is and how you can implement it to advertise your offerings.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Taboola Ads
- Introduction to Taboola Ads Predictive Engine
- Working with Taboola Ads
Introduction to Taboola Ads
Taboola Ads is one of the world’s largest discovery platforms. It serves more than 360 billion content recommendations to more than 1 billion people across the Internet each month through exclusive partnerships with many of the world’s top publishers such as NBC News, Bloomberg, Bild, MSN, Le Figaro, The Independent, etc.
Taboola Ads houses a robust Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology with a high volume of unique content consumption data that can help numerous advertisers reach their target audiences with compelling native ads in a seamless manner. Taboola Ads offers the following functionalities to advertisers:
- Taboola Content and Ads are recommended to audiences of thousands through top applications and websites.
- Ensures high user engagement across a variety of advertising formats.
- Taboola offers support for all advertiser goals such as driving sales, creating awareness, generating leads, driving traffic to a website, etc.
- Taboola offers advertisers access to more than 1 billion users who are yet to discover their offerings.
- Advertisers can derive valuable insights and targeting information about past campaigns to plan future strategies accordingly.
- Taboola offers Advanced Targeting options which means that advertisers can target their Taboola campaign to an audience based on their location, browser type, time, audience segments, connection type, etc.
- Taboola’s Advanced Predictive Engine gives publishers the ability to personalize the on-site experience, encouraging users to remain on-site for longer periods of time and return again in the future. Publishers can use Taboola Ads to recirculate organic content, optimize homepage or section front layouts, and direct users towards higher-value pages.
More information about Taboola can be found here.
Simplify ETL Using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up data integration from 100+ data sources (including 30+ free data sources) like Taboola for free to numerous Business Intelligence tools, Data Warehouses, or a destination of choice. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully-automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
Let’s look at Some Salient Features of Hevo:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Simplify your Data Analysis with Hevo today!SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL!
Introduction to Taboola Ads Predictive Engine
Taboola Ads platform is powered by an advanced Deep Learning technology that leverages consumer data on interests and information consumption to advertise the right content to them based on their interests.
Once advertisers set up a campaign on Taboola, the platform analyzes all aspects to understand the target audience for it. This is done by extracting thousands of metrics from the campaigns that allow the platform to form an initial understanding of the audience that will most likely engage with the content and take suitable actions accordingly. The content is then recommended to all matches across Taboola’s Publisher Network and is tracked to understand the level of user engagement. With time, the algorithm further optimizes the target audience to ensure maximum user engagement. The information about the audience that helps the algorithm find the right fit includes browsing history, reading preferences, device, time of day, location, etc.
However, it is crucial to give the algorithm some time to optimize the campaign and test multiple content items, titles, and images in parallel to understand what content your audience engages with the most. Taboola Ads houses numerous in-platform tools and features that further provide advertisers with performance suggestions to read the right audience efficiently. The Taboola Ads algorithm takes two essential factors to understand where to reach your target audience. These two factors are as follows:
- Click-Through Rate (CTR): Click-Through rate (CTR) is the ratio of the number of clicks on a specific advertisement (number of engagements) to the number of times people were exposed to the advertisements (number of impressions). The Click-Through Rate (CTR) indicates how interested the targeted audience is in your content. As the CTR of a campaign increases, the number of users the campaign is recommended to also increases.
- Cost Per Click (CPC): The Cost per Click (CPC) indicates how much advertisers are willing to pay for each engagement on their advertisement. As the Cost per Click (CPC) increases, your campaign items become more competitive as they are valued more and hence, will be shown more often.
Taboola Ads houses a feature called the Smart Bid that ensures that advertisers are getting their most effective engagements at the lowest cost by taking the guesswork out of manual bid adjustments. Taboola Smart Bid has access to data from billions of conversions that is leveraged to bid intelligently across Taboola’s Publisher Network. This bid is implemented competitively on higher-converting publishers and lower on lower-converting publishers to ensure that advertisers do not overpay.
Working with Taboola Ads
Advertisers can perform the following operations on Taboola Ads:
- Creating a New Campaign
- Editing Campaign Settings
- Playing and Pausing Campaigns
- Deleting Campaigns
- Duplicating a Campaign
1) Creating a New Campaign
- Log in to your Taboola Ads account.
- Click on Campaigns in the top Menu Bar.
- Click on the Create button on the right side and select Campaign from the drop-down menu.
- On the New Campaign screen, enter your Campaign Settings information, click on Next and enter a suitable Campaign Name and Brand Name. You also have to set your Marketing Objectives in this step. You can use one of the following Marketing Objectives:
- Lead Generation: Ideal for advertisers who want to get new email signups from users.
- Online Purchases: Aims at maximizing online sales.
- Website Engagement: Helps brands drive more traffic to their websites.
- Brand Awareness: Focuses on helping advertisers reach potential prospects and new consumers.
- Mobile App Installs: Ideal for advertisers who want new users to install their Android or iOS applications.
- Once you’ve set your objectives, you have to schedule when your Campaign will start and end. Taboola Ads offers a lot of versatility when it comes to scheduling. For example, you can choose specific days or hours when your Campaign will be active.
- Finally, you have to set a Campaign Bid. This is the amount that you will be paying for each click on your advertisement. You can either choose to go for a Fixed Bid or a Smart Bid. If you select Fixed Bid, then you will have to adjust your bid manually. Taboola will charge you the exact amount of your bid for each click. However, if you select Smart Bid, Taboola will maximize the number of clicks it delivers against your bid and adjust the amount accordingly based on the publisher’s traffic.
2) Editing Campaign Settings
- Open the Campaign Management page, and find the Campaign you wish to edit.
- Click on the Edit icon corresponding to the Campaign.
- This will now open the Edit Campaign page where you can make changes based on your requirements.
3) Playing and Pausing Campaigns
- Open the Campaign Management page, and find the Campaign you wish to pause or continue.
- Click on the first of the four buttons on the right side corresponding to the Campaign.
- Once updated, the value of the status column for that Campaign will change.
- You can also choose to pause or continue multiple Campaigns at once by selecting the Campaigns based on your requirements and clicking on Pause or Play at the top of the page.
4) Deleting Campaigns
- Open the Campaign Management page, and find the Campaign you wish to delete.
- Click on the Inventory button corresponding to the Campaign. This will take you to the Campaign Inventory page.
- You will now see a list of Campaign items. Find the Campaign item that you wish to delete.
- Click the Red X button to delete the Campaign item.
- You can also choose to delete multiple Campaigns items at once by selecting them based on your requirements and clicking on Delete at the top of the page.
- Click the Finish button to save all changes, and return to the Campaign Management page.
5) Duplicating a Campaign
- Open the Campaign Management page, and find the Campaign you wish to duplicate.
- Click on the Duplicate Campaign button corresponding to the Campaign.
- You will now see the New Campaign page with all settings of the Campaign you’re trying to duplicate. You can now choose to make any changes that you wish to.
- Once you’ve made all necessary changes, click Continue.
This article provided you with an in-depth understanding of what Taboola is, how Taboola Ads, and its Predictive Engine works. In addition, it also provided you with a step-by-step guide on how you can perform various operations on Taboola Ads, such as creating, editing, playing, pausing, deleting, and duplicating Campaigns.
Most modern businesses use multiple platforms for their Marketing Campaigns to reach a wider audience. This results in a complex situation since Marketing data is spread across the databases of all the platforms used, and a common analysis cannot be performed without integrating data from all these sources first. Making an in-house data integration platform is a complex task that will require high resources. Businesses can instead use automated data integration platforms like Hevo.VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO EXPLORE HEVO
Hevo helps you directly transfer data from Taboola or other free data sources to a Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence tool, or desired destination in a fully automated and secure manner without having to write the code or export data repeatedly. It will make your life easier and make data migration hassle-free. It is User-Friendly, Reliable, and Secure.
Tell us about your experience with Taboola Ads! Share your thoughts in the comments section below!