Today companies tend to generate more business than they can handle. The heavy competition in the market acts as the driving force behind this trend of overloading your business with work and frequent new projects. Unlike traditional to-do apps, Trello allows you to organize tasks into a to-do list while taking a bird’s eye view of the day. This makes it an ideal tool for businesses for planning their future tasks.
Now, to go a step further, employers are looking for ways to implement Trello Time Tracking which is the process of tracking your work and progress while you are working on Trello. Managers today, want to track their team’s work and efficiency so that they can find better ways to optimize the general productivity of the company. Managers want to monitor, how their employees are utilizing their time and decide whether or not the current work distribution is optimal.
This blog will give a brief introduction to Trello and its major components. It will then move on to the benefits that Trello Time Tracking has to offer. Since there is no in-built feature in Trello that can be used for this purpose, the article will list down the 4 most popular tools which can be easily integrated with Trello and seamlessly perform Time Tracking work for you. Read along to understand the features of each tool and study their pricing models to decide which Trello Time Tracking tool suits you the best!
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Trello
- Benefits of Trello Time Tracking
- Tools for Trello Time Tracking
Introduction to Trello
Trello is a Task Management software tool that is popular among companies and is used to manage their project workflows. Its simple Card-based User Interface(UI) makes it an excellent choice for teams looking for Project Management and Collaboration tools. Furthermore, it is convenient to use for your day-to-day tasks.
While using Trello, you can view all the information about a specific item on Trello Dashboards. For example, you can have a different Dashboard for managing Software Development projects and a different Dashboard for Marketing projects. Another constituent of Trello is the Trello Cards, known as the building blocks of any Trello Dashboard, which are used to represent various tasks and ideas. A Card can be anything, such as a task that needs to be completed or something that needs to be remembered. These Cards also contain other useful information, such as Expiration Dates, Tags, and Attachments.
Another important component of Trello is Lists. They are a part of Dashboards and help you to keep track of Trello Cards. These components make Trello a convenient Project Management tool and you can use your Trello Dashboards to monitor the progress of your tasks.
To learn more about Trello, visit here
Simplify your Data Analysis with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to Load Data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources like Trello and loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse, enriches the data, and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without writing a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Benefits of Trello Time Tracking
With Trello Time Tracking, users can monitor the time they spend on a particular card and generate reports based on this information. This can be implemented by using a separate tool as Time Tracking is not part of the main features of Trello. Following are the major benefits of Trello Time Tracking:
1) Precise Billing of Customers
If your company uses Trello as a continuous Task Management tool, you can expect your team to spend countless hours on Trello Tasks. Remember that the time you spend on Trello Tasks is working time and should be considered for that particular project. Trello Time Tracking allows you to track the time you spend on the Cards and enables you to bill customers based on the number of hours spent on each item, thereby avoiding any chances of underbilling them.
2) Optimizing the Team’s Progress
By monitoring the time your team spends on Trello, you will know exactly how much time your employees spend on individual tasks. Once you have tracked when employees complete the Standard Tasks listed on the Trello Cards, you can use it as a starting point to measure their level of performance. So, with Trello Time Tracking, the next time your team tries a similar task, you can track the time spent and compare it with the calculated time of their previous assignment.
3) Using Tracking Records as Proof
When you share Trello Time Tracking data with your employees, they realize that you can hold them accountable for the time they spend on Trello Tasks because you are now capable to sync their time and attendance directly to each Card. In this way, Trello Time Tracking keeps your employees’ downtime will be kept separate from their business hours.
Moreover, Trello Time Tracking can help you be more transparent with your customers. If a client is distressed by the time it takes to complete a particular project, you can show them an accurate report of the time your team took to complete the task. This will increase the mutual trust between your company and the customer.
Tools for Trello Time Tracking
Trello is a great Project Management tool, but it lacks an important thing, that is, Time Tracking. It is impossible to know how much time you spend on a particular Trello Card. However, you can use different tools to track your employees’ time while they are working on Tello. Following are the 4 tools out of many, that can be used for Trello Time Tracking:
Hubstaff is a Management Platform that uses Proof of Work, Time Tracking, and Payroll to track and manage employee performance. The software also provides remote Talent Search and Project Management tools for your business. After the Hubstaff application is launched, users will be notified immediately and can decide which data to share with the employer.
Features of Hubstaff
The following features are responsible for the increasing popularity of Hubstaff as a Trello Time Tracking application:
- Effective Tracking: Hubstaff offers its own Time Tracking application which is developed for specific Operating Systems. Remote workers can manually enter the time they spend on the project or enable the automatic Time Tracking option. You can also enable multi-monitor support to track the activity on all Digital Monitors you use. Moreover, it allows you to add notes and comments about your work directly from the Hubstaff Desktop application or the Cloud.
- Regular Screenshots: When it comes to accurately record and display the time spent on the project, records that contain screenshots are considered the most reliable. Hubstaff, when used for Trello Time Tracking will regularly take screenshots of each team member’s work screen to track activities and provide accurate records. Hubstaff provides the facility of capturing up to 3 screenshots every 10 minutes.
- Automated Payrolls: Hubstaff helps you to reduce the actual time your company’s managers spend on payroll and use automated payroll tools to improve the accuracy of payments. These payments can be processed through services like Paypal, Payoneer, or Transpay. You only need to set up a payment rate before Hubstaff is ready to take over. Set the hourly or flat rate that each contractor should receive, and Hubstaff will automatically pay everyone based on the time they log in.
To learn more about Hubstaff, visit here.
Pricing Models of Hubstaff
When it comes to pricing Hubstaff offers 4 different plans namely Desk Free, Desk Starter, Desk Pro and Enterprise. The difference in these plans lies in the number of users allowed and the features offered. The Desk Pro Pricing Model is used most often because of the long list of features and services that accompanies it.
To learn more about Hubstaff Pricing Models, visit here.
Planyway is a software tool that can be used as a Team Calendar to manage various tasks related to your team’s daily work plan. With Planyway, teams can organize their workflow in minutes and have a simple workspace to collaborate on multiple tasks. Furthermore, it provides you with multiple ways to visualize your workflow so that you can decide which method is best for you. The application can also be used as a Trello Time Tracking tool to see how much time you spend on each of these tasks while working with Trello.
Features of Planyway
Planyway offers the following features that make it a good option for your Trello Time Tracking objective:
- Project Planning: Planyway enables you to coordinate your tasks from start to finish and get a high-level visual overview of the project. Furthermore, you can track task progress during various phases of project development.
- Setting Up Metings: You can speed up your meeting preparations by inviting everyone you want to join directly on Planyway. The guests will receive an e-mail invitation and a schedule in their calendar. Moreover, you can prioritize your tasks and projects to focus on the things that require the most attention.
- Workload Balance: Planyway helps you to delegate tasks to your employees based on their aptitude and availability. This way you can make sure that your team solves the right problem at the right time. Using Planyway for Trello Time Tracking will allow you to view all tasks and subtasks in a timeline to understand who is doing what and when. Also, it can be used to distribute workload across projects, track progress, and get results on time.
To learn more about Planyway, visit here.
Pricing Models of Planyway
Planyway offers a free trial period of 1 month in which you can use features like Gantt Charts, Archived Cards, etc. Furthermore, 3 Pricing Models namely PRO, TEAM, and Enterprise are available for you to choose from, depending on your requirements and budget.
For more information regarding Planyway’s Pricing Model visit here.
DeskTime is a software application that enables you to track the real-time progress of your employees. You can use DeskTime to track employees’ working hours, the status of the assigned task, etc. Using this software, you can optimize the overall employee productivity, and eliminate delays from their tasks.
DeskTime does not require manual data entries as it automates the productivity tracking process. Moreover, DeskTime can calculate how much each of your projects costs to the company, and its integrated Time Billing feature can determine what amount you should charge your customers. These calculations are done by taking into account the time that is spent on these projects.
Features of DeskTime
The following features set DeskTime apart from the other Trello Time Tracking tools available in the market:
- Tracking the Document’s Title: On top of recording the total time spent on documents such as Excel, Word, Photoshop, etc., DeskTime also records the titles of these documents. Document Title Tracking is compatible with tools such as Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, etc. Note, however, that DeskTime can see the Document Title, E-Mail Title, and Chat Group Name, but not their contents. So the privacy of your documents is not breached.
- Tracking Employee’s Absence: DeskTime helps you schedule weekends through the Employee Absence Calendar function. So, by using DeskTime for Trello Time Tracking, employees can plan their roster and notify the team when they are on vacation or sick. This avoids unnecessary questions about the whereabouts of absent employees and helps you to plan everyone’s workload in a better way.
- Employee Privacy: The Private Time option in DeskTime provides employees with some privacy. When employees need to do something outside of work during working hours, they can use this feature. When this feature is activated, the Trello Time Tracking will be paused for all tasks done during this period. This implies that the employees should remember to switch off the Private Time option when they return to work.
To learn more about DeskTime, visit here.
Pricing Models of DeskTime
The free plan offered by DeskTime contains very limited features which can perform only the basic Trello Time Tracking. The Pro, Premium, and Enterprise Pricing Models come with their own set of features and prices which you can select depending upon your needs. Ideally, the Premium plan provides a good balance of various features and is the most popular plan among the 3 available.
To learn more about the Pricing Models of DeskTime, visit here.
Everhour is a robust Time Tracking software that helps companies track their progress. Everhour includes easy-to-use features, making it a popular choice for today’s users who want to stay up-to-date on the progress and activities of their subordinates without leaving the work environment. Everhour also aims to make Project and Task Management easier for companies of all sizes. With this solution, companies can easily track project progress, delegate tasks, and generate detailed reports with actionable insights.
Features of Everhour
With the following features, Everhour can be a great way of implementing Trello Time Tracking for your projects:
- Seamless Integration: Everhour is designed in such a manner that it integrates easily with Project Management systems like Trello, Asana, GitHub, etc. This simplifies your work of tracking employee time or managing tasks. Its robust integration also ensures an effortless implementation of this tracking software directly into the Project Management software that your company uses.
- Sophisticated Reporting: Everhour comes along with strong reporting capabilities. Reporting tools are customizable and flexible, therefore, users can easily generate reports that suit their individual needs. For example, users can rearrange, add columns, and apply formats and filters to create custom reports. In addition, Everhour collects data on all aspects of each project, and users can easily analyze this information to obtain practical insights.
- Optimized Project Tracking: Everhour enables the company to make accurate estimates related to projects. This enables the Project Manager to track each task and team member, making it easier to track the project. By using Everhour for Trello Time Tracking, the managers can control the progress of each task and the overall progress of the team in a more convenient manner.
To learn more about Everhour, visit here.
Pricing Models of Everhour
The various Pricing Models of Everhour provide almost similar features. The difference however lies in the number of users allowed to access these features. Moreover, you can use the 14-day free trial provided by Everhour to test these plans out!
To learn more about these Pricing Models of Everhour, visit here.
This article introduced you to Trello and discussed the advantages that Trello Time Tracking can add to your business. Since there is no in-built feature in Trello that can be used for this purpose, the article listed 4 popular tools: Hubstaff, Planyway, DeskTime, and Everhour, that can be used for efficient Trello Time Tracking. Furthermore, it explained each of these tools and their Pricing Models so that you can have a comparative overview and decide which one fulfills your requirements better.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Now, you may want to go one step further and perform analysis on this Trello Time Tracking data. This will require you to transfer data from these tools to a Data Warehouse using various complex ETL processes. Hevo Data will automate your data transfer process, hence allowing you to focus on other aspects of your business like Analytics, Customer Management, etc. This platform allows you to transfer data from 100+ multiple sources to Cloud-based Data Warehouses like Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, etc. It will provide you a hassle-free experience and make your work life much easier.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your understanding of Trello Time Tracking in the comments section below!