Taking your business online has its own set of advantages such as lower setup & running costs, operating from anywhere, scalability, 24/7 availability of your products to customers, etc. With a global audience, you can sell your products profitably via an eCommerce platform. WooCommerce is such a brilliant Open-Source eCommerce plugin for WordPress. Incorporating the basic WordPress Operating System functionalities, WooCommerce has become immensely popular for creating and managing an online store. It offers a complete package of e-commerce features for adding products, Managing Inventory, Tracking Sales, and provides a variety of checkout options.
At times you would require to perform WooCommerce Export Products operation to either migrate to another platform or simply for your business analyses. With the easy-to-use interface and simple integrations, you can comfortably perform the WooCommerce Export products process.
In this article, you will learn how to seamlessly execute the WooCommerce Export Products operation for your business via 2 easy methods.
Table of Contents
- What is WooCommerce?
- How to WooCommerce Export Products: 2 Key Ways
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is a Scalable E-commerce platform available in WordPress. Introduced in 2011, WooCommerce is a free Open Source platform with full control over your data. Thanks to its user-friendly interface, you can design, customize and start your online shop with just a few clicks. The WooCommerce plugin provides clear instructions from the beginning, making it easy to install and configure.
You can add several functionalities to your e-commerce store using built-in tools and applications. Focusing on the central interests of the developers, WooCommerce enables integration with a variety of services via its REST API. You can modify the plug-in code to suit your customers and use React to create custom blocks of content.
Comprehensive documentation for all inquiries is updated regularly with each new version of WooCommerce. Elegant Dashboards and Reporting features provide an overview of your company’s Sales and Growth. You can access your website remotely anytime via the WooCommerce mobile app and instantly customize your online shop.
Key Features of WooCommerce
WooCommerce has evolved constantly over the years with each version. To simplify the designing and managing process of your E-Commerce store, WooCommerce offers the following eye-catching features:
- Flexibility: With no restrictions on the type of products, you can sell anything anytime. Unlike other E-Commerce platforms, WooCommerce is a great place to sell both physical and digital products with any number of variations. You can even display affiliate links to products available on other sites for your customers to purchase.
- Open-Source: The WooCommerce plugin is available at no cost on WordPress. Being an Open-Source solution, WooCommerce provides you the complete ownership of your store. With the WooCommerce REST API, you can easily integrate with virtually any service.
- In-Built Payment Processing: WooCommerce provides you with a safe, secure, and fluid payment process. It supports all major Credit Cards, Bank Transfers (BACS), checks, and cash on delivery. WooCommerce also accepts payments via 140 region-specific gateways such as WooCommerce Payments, Stripe, PayPal, Square, and Amazon Pay. Apple Pay, Google Pay, subscriptions, and deposits are also supported.
- Customizable: A vast collection of free and paid themes are available allowing you to switch back and forth between appearances and design your website according to your style. Using WooCommerce Blocks you can display products across various categories such as Bestsellers, Top-Rated, New Products, On-Sale Products, etc.
- Manageability: You can efficiently track Track stock levels, hold stock after an order is canceled, hide out-of-stock items, edit stock manually, mark items you shipped, and manage the fulfillment process. From the visually stunning and informative Dashboards, you can keep a close eye on sales, orders, and at-a-glance status summary to easily see how your business is performing.
- Optimization: Being on WordPress, you can automatically leverage the best SEO practices. From WooCommerce, you can market your product on Facebook or even set up email campaigns via MailChimp. You can track your Marketing performance on Google Analytics and optimize your workflow accordingly. WooCommerce is 100% translated into 24 languages and supports prices in multiple currencies.
- Standard Customer Support: You can get detailed answers to all your queries in the extensive WooCommerce Documentation and the public forums. For all the WooCommerce.com account holders, a dedicated Support Team can handle all your doubts and provide in-depth consultations and custom design and development.
Methods to Export WooCommerce Products
This method involves using the in-house WooCommerce CSV Exporter to manually Export WooCommerce Products in a .CSV file.
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up Data Integration for 100+ Data Sources (Including 40+ Free Sources) and will let you directly load data from WooCommerce to a Data Warehouse or the Destination of your choice. Hevo further provides a Native REST API connector that allows loading data from non-native or custom sources for free automating your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.Get Started with Hevo for Free
How to WooCommerce Export Products: 2 Easy Methods
You can set up the WooCommerce Export Products process in the following 2 key ways:
- WooCommerce Export Products: Using in-built Product Exporter
- WooCommerce Export Products: Using Hevo Data to Export WooCommerce Products
A) WooCommerce Export Products: Using in-built Product Exporter
WooCommerce comes with an in-house CSV Exporter to easily export hundreds or thousands of products and its variations in your WooCommerce store in a single .CSV file. To perform the WooCommerce Export Products process using this tool, follow these simple steps given below:
- Step 1: Navigate to WooCommerce > Products.
- Step 2: Click on the Export button at the top. The WooCommerce Export Products screen will pop up on your screen.
- Step 3: From the drop-down menu, select which columns to export or directly click on the Export All Columns option to select all the columns.
- Step 4: In the next field, select the Product Types to export from the drop-down menu or click on the Export All Products option to add all the products.
- Step 5: In the categories filed, click on the categories you want to export from the drop-down menu or select the Export All Categories option to export all categories.
- Step 6: Click on the box next to the Export Custom Meta field, if you need all the custom meta. Other plugins typically provide metadata for your products. No additional metadata is exported by default.
- Step 7: Click on the Generate CSV button and wait for the export process to complete.
- Step 8: After the WooCommerce Export Products process is finished, exit the exporter.
Limitations of Manually Exporting WooCommerce Products
This method of manually performing the WooCommerce Export Products process can be time-consuming and has the following limitations:
- In this WooCommerce Export Products process, there is no scope for transformation (Data Standardization and Data Cleaning).
- Every time you need to set up WooCommerce Export Products, you have to manually redo the process. This method lacks automation capabilities.
- Here, you can only execute the WooCommerce Exports Products operation in the form of .CSV files. In order to directly transfer data from WooCommerce to another Database or a Data Warehouse, you have to write custom scripts, set up a data pipeline, and manage it.
To overcome all the challenges mentioned above, you can automate your WooCommerce Data transfer process by using Hevo Data.
B) WooCommerce Export Products: Using Hevo Data to Export WooCommerce Products
Hevo is a No-code Data Pipeline that helps you directly transfer data from WooCommerce & 100+ Data Sources (including 40+Free Sources) to any Business Intelligence tools, Data Warehouses, or a destination of your choice in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo further provides a Native REST API & Webhooks connector that allows loading data from non-native or custom sources for free automating your data flow in minutes and also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo takes care of all your data preprocessing needs required to set up your WooCommerce Data Integration Process and lets you focus on key business activities and draw a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and map it to the destination schema.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ Integrations (Including 40+ Free Sources such as WooCommerce) with SaaS platforms, Files, Databases, Analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Firebolt Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL Databases to name a few.
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within Data pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
In this article, you have learned how to set up the WooCommerce Export Products process via 2 easy methods. The in-built WooCommerce CSV Importer and Exporter is a simple method to manually perform the WooCommerce Export Products process. This is a good method if the data extraction process needs to be done rarely without the need for any data cleaning and transformation. If you want to effortlessly automate your WooCommerce Data Extraction and Integration process, you can surely opt for Hevo Data.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Apart from WooCommerce, you would be using various applications across your business for Marketing, Customer Relationship Management, Human Resources, etc. To gain a better understanding of your company’s health and performance, you need to integrate data from all these applications and perform rigorous business analysis. To efficiently handle this massive volume of data, you would require to invest a section of your Engineering bandwidth to Integrate, Clean, Transform, and Load your data into your Data Warehouse or a destination of your choice. All of these challenges can be effectively solved by a Cloud-Based ETL tool such as Hevo Data.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline can help you transfer and integrate your data from a vast sea of Data Sources into a Data Warehouse or a Destination of your choice. It is a fully automated and secure platform that doesn’t require you to write any code!
If you are using E-Commerce platforms such as WooCommerce, Shopify, WordPress, REST APIs, etc in your business and searching for a Stree-Free alternative to Manual Data Integration, then Hevo can comfortably automate this for you. Hevo with its strong integration with 100+ sources & BI tools (Including 40+ Free Sources) allows you to not only export data from your desired data sources & load it to the destination of your choice, but also transform & enrich your data to make it analysis-ready so that you can focus on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools.
Share with us your experience of performing the WooCommerce Export Products process. Let us know in the comments section below!