As with most e-commerce platforms, merchants need to deal with a lot of products that they sell online. Online buying offers so much convenience, and WooCommerce is a customizable, open-source eCommerce platform built on WordPress.
A common question among online merchants is – how to make WooCommerce SQL Server Connection? You can find the answer here in this article.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is a WordPress-based eCommerce system. With over 27 million downloads, WooCommerce powers 99 percent of all WordPress stores. It makes the process of setting up and running an online store much easier by allowing for a lot of flexibility. Inventory and tax management, secure payment processing, and shipping integration are just a few of the key features.
You also get standard e-commerce platforms features like order tracking, customer engagement, delivery status updates, inventory management, and other capabilities within WooCommerce. WooCommerce is a simple-to-use platform, and any merchant may need to transfer data by connecting WooCommerce SQL Server or other databases.
Key Features of WooCommerce
- Content Management System: WooCommerce is a content management system that effortlessly mixes commerce and content. It is built on top of WordPress, the world’s most popular content management system. Everything you require is conveniently located.
- Modular System: WooCommerce is kept simple so that you may add only the features you need. It’s also designed to integrate with your favorite WordPress plugins, allowing you to preserve the features you already like.
- Sell Anything: You can sell anything with WooCommerce, from physical objects and digital downloads to subscriptions, content, and even appointments.
- No Limitations: WooCommerce is completely open source, which means you may change and tweak anything. You can add an endless number of products and users, as well as accept an unlimited number of orders because you have complete control.
- Community: Stores and developers for WooCommerce come from all over the world, from Norway to South Africa, Canada to Japan.
What is SQL Server?
The SQL Server is a relational database management system that is built to manage and store information. The system from Microsoft supports various business intelligence operations, transaction processing, and analytics operations.
SQL Server is as fast as a database product, and it delivers data sets rapidly when requested. Many of the company’s best programmers labor around the clock on the query engine to ensure that it generates ‘optimal’ query strategies that function rapidly.
The SQL database is vertically scalable, which means that by adding more RAM, SSDs, or CPUs, you can increase the load on a single server. SQL databases often offer vertical scalability due to how data is stored (related tables versus unconnected collections). Furthermore, simple data manipulation tasks such as inserting, removing, and modifying data can be completed quickly. SQL Server is a popular option for e-commerce website operations.
Key Features of SQL Server
- SQL instructions can control how a client program is allowed to access the database remotely via client-server execution and remote database access.
- SQL can ensure that just specified details of the database are available to the user, while the full database is safeguarded by the database management system.
- SQL can query at runtime using languages such as COBOL, C, Java, and others.
As the ability of businesses to collect data explodes, data teams have a crucial role to play in fueling data-driven decisions. Yet, they struggle to consolidate the data scattered across sources into their warehouse to build a single source of truth. Broken pipelines, data quality issues, bugs and errors, and lack of control and visibility over the data flow make data integration a nightmare.
1000+ data teams rely on Hevo’s Data Pipeline Platform to integrate data from over 150+ sources in a matter of minutes. Billions of data events from sources as varied as SaaS apps, Databases, File Storage and Streaming sources can be replicated in near real-time with Hevo’s fault-tolerant architecture.
What’s more – Hevo puts complete control in the hands of data teams with intuitive dashboards for pipeline monitoring, auto-schema management, and custom ingestion/loading schedules.
All of this combined with transparent pricing and 24×7 support makes us the most loved data pipeline software on review sites.
Take our 14-day free trial to experience a better way to manage data pipelines.
Import CSV files to SQL Server
You can import data in CSV files to an SQL server. Many times, banks or other providers may provide data on customers, transactions, or any other data. A business may need to use it in its systems. Here’s where a CSV file can help to import data to a database like SQL Server.
In the next section, we look at how we can connect WooCommerce to SQL Servers. You can go with fancy third-party connectors or alternatively use the export-import method here like the Bulk Insert command.
WooCommerce SQL Server Integration Methods
Here are the methods for WooCommerce SQL Server Integration:
WooCommerce SQL Server Integration Method 1: Exporting WooCommerce Data into CSV
WooCommerce platform features a built-in CSV importer and exporter for products to seamlessly perform WooCommerce SQL Server data transfer. You can import, export, or edit hundreds or thousands of goods in your WooCommerce store with a single CSV file. Most product kinds, including variants, are supported by this tool.
- Step 1: Go to WooCommerce > Products to get started. At the top of the page, click export. The screen for exporting products appears.
- Step 2: Select Export All Columns from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, you may use the drop-down menu to pick which columns to export.
- Step 3: Select “Export All Categories” from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, you may use the drop-down menu to pick which categories to export.
- Step 4: Select “Export All Categories” from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, you may use the drop-down menu to pick which categories to export.
- Step 5: If you require this information, check the option to Export Custom Meta.
Other plugins are usually responsible for the metadata on your items. The metadata columns are exported using the meta:-prefix standard in the importer mapping stage. No further metadata exporting happens by default.
- Step 6: Select Generate CSV from the drop-down menu. Wait for the export to complete before proceeding.
- Step 7: Exit the exporter program. This marks the completion of WooCommerce SQL Server – importing data from WooCommerce in CSV format.
Importing CSV to SQL
Because most programs support exporting data into.csv format, importing CSV into SQL or other relational databases has become an important aspect of data upkeep for many enterprises. Different departments in a company use different import tools to keep data up to date.
Organizations can save organizational-level data in one place by
- Exporting data into CSV files and
- Importing the CSV files into the SQL server.
For example, each store’s ERP system can record information on the store. Each store may export its data to a CSV file, which can then be imported into SQL to create a consolidated database. The company may use this aggregated data to make educated and data-driven choices.
The organizations also use visualization technologies that link to various databases. The business will be able to analyze the data using these visualization tools after importing the CSV files into SQL.
This strategy is best suited for database developers since they are experts at accessing and utilizing databases, and they are already familiar with the SQL command-line interface. We can also load big CSV files into the table using this strategy.
Exporting data to the SQL server can be done using Bulk Insert or using the SQL Server Management Studio Import CSV Tools.
Here you can learn how to use the ‘Bulk insert’ command to move CSV data to the needed table.
The data may be imported into the SQL table in the following way:
Once you have data in a CSV file, you need to ensure that the target table is structured the same in SQL Server.
BULK INSERT is a command in SQL Server that gets used to import data files like CSV into a database table.
-- truncate the table first
TRUNCATE TABLE dbo.Actors;
-- import the file
BULK INSERT dbo.Actors
The first truncate command deletes all the records in the target table. The following BULK INSERT command has information on the target table and the CSV file.
The location path of the CSV file should follow the parameters of the Universal Naming Convention (UNC).
WooCommerce SQL Server Integration Method 2: Using Hevo’s No-Code Data Pipeline
Hevo helps you directly transfer data using a WooCommerce SQL Server Integration to Data Warehouse in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
Hevo takes care of all your data preprocessing needs required to set up WooCommerce SQL Server Integration and lets you focus on key business activities.
The following steps can be implemented to convert WooCommerce SQL Server Database using Hevo:
- Configure Source: Connect Hevo with WooCommerce providing a unique name for your Pipeline, along with details about your Data Source.
- Integrate Data: Establish a connection to SQL Server by providing information about your SQL Server Database and its credentials such as database host, destination name, database user, database port, database password, database schema, and database name.
Follow Hevo’s WooCommerce SQL Server Integration guide for connecting WooCommerce SQL Server using No-Code Data Pipeline.
Advantages of using Hevo Platform:
Sign up here for a 14-day free trial!
- Minimal Setup: You will require minimal setup and bandwidth to load data from WooCommerce SQL Server using the Hevo platform.
- No Data Loss: Hevo architecture is fault-tolerant and allows easy, reliable, and seamless transfer of data from WooCommerce SQL Server without data loss.
- 100’s of Out of the Box Integrations: Hevo platform brings data from other sources such as SDKs, Cloud Applications, Databases, and so on into Data Warehouses and Databases. So, Hevo is the right partner for all your growing data needs.
- Automatic Schema Detection and Mapping: The schema of incoming data is scanned automatically. If there are changes detected, they are handled seamlessly and the changes are incorporated into the Database or Data Warehouse.
- Exceptional Support: Hevo has 24×7 Technical support through emails, calls, and chat.
WooCommerce platform seamlessly integrates with WordPress and provides store owners and developers total control over the online store. Moving data between WooCommerce SQL Server is an easy and flexible operation. Using the approach described above, you can simply integrate woo-commerce data in an SQL server.
However, as a Developer, extracting complex data from a diverse set of data sources like Databases, CRMs, Project management Tools, Streaming Services, and Marketing Platforms to your Database can seem to be quite challenging. If you are from non-technical background or are new in the game of data warehouse and analytics, Hevo can help!
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo will automate your data transfer process, hence allowing you to focus on other aspects of your business like Analytics, Customer Management, etc. Hevo provides a wide range of sources – 150+ Data Sources (including 40+ Free Sources) – that connect with over 15+ Destinations. It will provide you with a seamless experience and make your work life much easier.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
You can also have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!
Share your methods of WooCommerce SQL Server integration in the comment box below!