Marketing is all about putting across the right message at just the right time. Marketing, over the last few years, has evolved from being an art to being more scientific. From the invention of the Printing Press, the first big break, to the invention of the Internet, the golden age, Marketing has come a long way. With the stores moving online, you have a constant environment where you can observe, adjust and improve your business in such a way that the needs of your customers are met accordingly.
It’s your job to help your business grow, and a big part of making that happen is knowing what’s working. Marketing Reporting Tools help you make sense of the collected Market Data to make informed Marketing decisions. This article examines what marketing reporting means, the different techniques used in marketing reporting, and the top 9 marketing reporting tools.
Table of Contents
What is Marketing Reporting?
This is the age of Data-Driven Marketing. The meaning of the term is really in the name itself, it basically means collecting and using relevant information to drive your Marketing decisions. In today’s environment, organizations are generating data from a wide array of sources, it’s coming from your Website, it’s coming from your Mobile Application and it’s even coming from your own Business Systems. Having a large amount of data isn’t a problem, but extracting useful information out of it can be a daunting task. That’s where Marketing Reporting comes into the picture.
When a company needs to realize the impact of their Marketing Strategies, they turn to Marketing Reporting to model and graph their effects. Marketing reporting is the management process of measuring, analyzing, and optimizing marketing performance to maximize its effectiveness and the return on investment (ROI). It involves the sophisticated Marketing Reporting tools, technologies and processes, marketers and brand managers use to evaluate the success and value of their marketing efforts. Understanding marketing reporting allows marketers to be more efficient at their jobs and minimize wasted marketing dollars by getting deeper insights into the health of their marketing campaigns.
Marketing reporting tools may track a variety of key metrics to help a marketer evaluate which marketing actions are working, which aren’t, and why. Some of these tools focus on analyzing individual marketing channels such as email marketing, social media marketing, display advertising, or search marketing — while others can analyze all of your marketing data and channels.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to integrate data from 100+ sources and load it in a data warehouse of your choice to visualize it in your desired BI tool. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination. It allows you to focus on key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools such as Tableau and many more.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Why Marketing Reporting is needed?
Before getting to know about the Marketing Reporting tools, it is essential to understand the need for such Marketing Reporting. Here are a few benefits of Marketing Reporting.
- Marketing Reports play a very important role in planning your sales stratergy.
- These reports helps you monitor the overall performance of your Sales and Marketing teams.
- Marketing Reporting helps you to maintain a proper sales cycle.
- You can understand which of your strategies actually works and which does not.
- You can visualise the success rate of your campaigns with the help of Marketing Reporting.
- With the help of Marketing Reporting, you can actually keep a track of your entire business on a weekly, monthly, or yearly basis.
Metrics Used by Marketing Reporting Tools
Show your team the numbers, the Return of Investment, the Key Performance Indicators, the current trends, the future trends, the Sales Volume, and other important factors through Marketing Reporting Tools.
Marketing reporting tools use a variety of metrics to measure the performance of marketing initiatives. Let us look at some of the different techniques used in marketing reporting.
1. Frequency of Purchase Analysis
This is the analysis of the number of times a particular brand is purchased by different outlets. This reporting helps in understanding the average buying patterns of consumers.
2. Market Share, Brand Reach, and Value per Call Analysis
- Market Share: Sales share or sales volume of a brand with respect to total category sales gives you the market share of that brand. For example; if we say that the market share of Toyota is 60%, then 60 cars out of every 100 cars sold would be of the Toyota brand.
- Brand Reach: This is the measure of the number of people who see you and hear about your brand.
- New Brand Area: In this analysis, the placement of a new brand is tracked by brand managers over a period of 3 to 6 months.
- Share of Wallet: This is the number of money customers regularly spend on a specific brand as opposed to other competing brands in the same product category.
- Share Amongst Handlers: This is the indication of the market share in value terms within the stores where the brand is present.
- Return on Investment (ROI): ROI is the reporting of return on the investment done on particular marketing campaigns.
- Next Best Product: Next best product reporting helps brand managers to cross-sell different company brands within the same outlet.
Types of Marketing Reporting Tools
The need for different types of marketing reporting tools varies by company and marketing strategy. Let us look at the best Marketing Reporting tools and platforms available in the market.
Social Media Reporting
Top 9 Marketing Reporting Tools
Now that you have a basic understanding of what Marketing Reporting tools are, let’s discuss some of the best Marketing Reporting tools used by companies over the world to extract actionable insights from Market Data to make informed Marketing Decisions.
1. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a tool that allows you to track and analyze all of your website traffic. It is a must-have tool for anyone looking to grow their website using digital marketing. When you log in to Google Analytics, by default Google Analytics allows you to see a lot of things, for example; how many visitors you’re getting to your website over a specific date range, where they’re coming from e.g. YouTube, Facebook, how long they’re spending on your website, which pages are they’re clicking on, what is your age, are they male or female, the location- from which city or country, etc.
In simple words, Google Analytics 360 enables you to develop a better understanding of your customers like other Marketing Reporting Tools. This way you can get valuable insights into their requirements and that can lead you to make better business decisions.
With the help of different features of Google Analytics, one can achieve higher ROAS (Return on Ads Spend). You can check out our guide to learn about some of the Powerful Features of Google Analytics in detail. However, some Key Features of Google Analytics that one must use to optimize their website performance are given below:
- See where your traffic is coming from.
- Identify top-performing locations/regions that are driving the most impact.
- Look for changes in traffic volume.
- Compare mobile and desktop traffic.
- Get insights on your bounce and exit rates across different sources of traffic.
- Uncover where traffic is coming from.
- Review source of traffic and historic trends.
- Compare traffic to your overall marketing spend.
- Look at bounce and exit rates for mobile vs desktop.
- Review source of traffic.
- Review quantity of traffic.
- Internally track and gauge the quality of traffic (placements).
- Goal tracking.
- Campaign tracking.
Next up in the list of Best Marketing Reporting tools is HubSpot. HubSpot Reporting gives you easy answers to the most important questions about your sales and marketing performance. You can make use of HubSpot reporting to understand valuable insights. HubSpot lets you segment your customers using various set criteria. You can then go on to create a Customized Workflow for each segment. The reporting Add On can be used with HubSpot Marketing or HubSpot CRM for greater visibility into your Sales Pipeline as a whole. Any new information available on your leads is automatically synced, keeping your HubSpot reports up to date.
- At the heart of the reporting add on are dashboards with pre-built reports that answer the most common questions about your contacts, companies, deals, engagements, and revenue data.
- The custom report builder reports on data stored in your HubSpot database using a variety of chart types e.g. bar graphs, line graphs, etc.
- HubSpot can integrate with Google Search Console which allows marketers to measure the performance of their brands on search. Brand managers can then use this information to create a tactical plan for improving ranking on search engines.
- Campaign reporting tools that allow you to measure real-time marketing ROI using A/B testing tools that help you understand which pages, channels, and campaigns drive the most traffic and conversions.
3. Facebook Insights
Facebook Insights is Facebook’s built-in reporting feature of your Facebook page. This is also one of the Marketing Reporting Tools. In other words, it’s a free tool that you can use to track how well your Facebook page is performing as well as providing detailed information about your audience.
- Collects information about your audience e.g. Age, Gender, Location. This information is useful since it lets you know who to target with your Facebook Ads. Facebook Insights will show you what demographics your business attracts so you don’t have to spend too much time and money with trial and error.
- Gives you the ability to fine-tune your content accordingly, for example; if you find that you’re attracting a majority of women over 20, you might want to ensure that your posts are geared more towards this demographic.
- Gives you the ability to see which posts are performing the best and which ones are performing the worst. This will allow you to know which content to create for future posts so that you can always maintain a high level of engagement. If you notice a post has performed particularly well, you can then turn that post into an Ad.
4. Twitter Analytics
As a marketer, it’s important to get insights into how the content you share on your Twitter account helps to grow your business. Twitter Analytics is an essential tool for any business with a social media presence on Twitter. It is a free tool that is accessible inside the Twitter platform and can be used as one of the Marketing Reporting Tools.
- Let’s you know the demographics that your tweets or business attracts. It gives you insights into your audience’s interests, gender, occupation, or buying style.
- You get real-time insights into how your audience is engaging with your Tweets.
- You can use Twitter Analytics to determine the top performing tweets and it will show you how many impressions it generated.
- Twitter Analytics helps you identify which is the best time to post your tweets and get the most engagement from your followers.
- It helps you analyze all of the social conversations that are relevant to you.
5. Google Search Console
Next one such best Marketing Reporting Tools is the Google Search Console. It is a free reporting tool provided by Google. It helps website owners, SEO professionals, developers, and marketers to understand how they are performing on the Google Search Engine and what they can do to improve their appearance on Google Search to bring more relevant traffic to their website.
- Helps you monitor and optimize how Google crawls, indexes, and serves your website to users.
- You can use the Search console to identify and fix errors that Google finds when crawling your pages.
- Submit updated content to the Google Index.
- Monitor search performance trends by queries, countries, pages, and more.
6. Alexa Site Rank
Alexa Rank is a great tool for simplifying your website reporting. It helps you audit and understands how your website is performing relative to all other sites using certified metrics. Like other Marketing Reporting Tools, you can use Alexa Rank to gain insights into a site’s strengths, weaknesses, and digital marketing opportunities. It is therefore a great KPI tool for benchmarking and competitive analysis.
- Find competitors and analyze their strategy and performance.
- Gives you insights into the topics and sites that your audience is most interested in.
- Compare traffic sources.
- Compare share of voice.
- Helps you uncover exactly what you’re doing wrong and what needs to be addressed so that you can rank well in search.
- Alexa Rank has rich data visualizations that make digesting information quick and easy.
7. Moz Pro
Keywords are incredibly valuable for SEO, but only if we’re using them right. Moz Pro is a powerful all in one Search Engine reporting tool to max out your keyword research. Created by leading industry experts, Moz Pro is a great tool for helping you diagnose potential issues on your site’s SEO. It is designed to remove SEO complexity and to help marketers strategically measure and track the performance of organic keywords. It’s also helpful for finding out what’s working. Although the SEO suite offers much more, one of its key highlights is serving as a keyword research tool.
Unlike other Marketing Reporting Tools, Moz Pro can be used to crawl and audit your website in order to identify any potential issues which may stop you from ranking at the top in organic search results such as Google. It also offers powerful on-page Search Engine Optimization suggestions and indexes, basically covering all aspects of SEO. With its link building resources and research tools, and you can start to see why this is one of the best Marketing Reporting tools when it comes to SEO.
- Helps in diagnosing potential issues on your site’s SEO.
- The ability to analyze your site’s performance over time by tracking and reporting on keyword rankings.
- Helps you find what’s working best for you, and even for your competitors by benchmarking your performance.
- Moz Pro offers 70% off for Non-Profit Organizations.
- Comes in handy as a Keyword Research Tool.
8. Google AdWords
Google AdWords analytics helps you turn information into insights by generating reports that can help guide budget planning and lead to well-performing campaigns. Like other Marketing Reporting Tools, it gives insights on clicks, cost, users, sessions, bounce rate, and conversions so that you can make better decisions.
- Conversions report.
- Google Ads keywords report.
- Google Ads campaign report.
- Budget performance report.
- Age range performance report.
- Gender performance report.
- Geo performance report.
- Video performance report.
9. Facebook Ads Manager
Running Ad Campaigns on Facebook is not enough to reach your goals. To ensure your ads generate traction and attract the right users, it is essential to analyze ads. Last in the list of Best Marketing Reporting Tools is Facebook Ads Manager. Facebook Ads Manager is a great tool for analyzing the performance of your Facebook Ads. The reports are provided by default, but you can customize them with filters and Metrics that you want to track.
Facebook Ads Manager has a reporting tool that allows you to create reports and drive insights about your ad campaigns’ performance. Facebook Ads Reporting reveals whether your advertising is helping you to achieve your business objectives across Facebook, Instagram, and Audience Network. You can use the data from the reports in Ads Manager to make more informed decisions as you create new campaigns.
- ROI snapshot report for measuring your sales results.
- Lead progress report for measuring your lead cost.
- Engagement report for measuring how engaging your Facebook Ads are and the number of people who view your ads.
- View how many people are clicking on your ads.
- Get a summary of the amount of money you spend on your ad.
Tableau is one of the most comprehensive Marketing Reporting Tools which is used to visualize data in a dashboard view. Tableau is widely used as it allows users to analyze the required data seamlessly. Visualizations in Tableau are generated as Worksheets, Dashboards, and Stories. Users can create custom dashboards that provide actionable insights and help drive the business forward. When configured with the proper underlying hardware and operating systems, all products by Tableau always operate in virtualized environments. Tableau can be used to explore data with limitless visualizations.
- Advanced Tableau Dashboards provide an in-depth view of the data using advanced visualizations.
- Tableau ensures seamless connectivity with data extracted from numerous external data sources in the form of In-memory or live data sources.
- Tableau gives users the ability to create different types of data visualizations.
- Tableau implements special measures to ensure user and data security.
- Of all the Marketing Reporting Tools, Tableau houses several data modeling capabilities, including forecasting and trending.
Typeform is a versatile Data Collection tool that you can use to create Forms and Surveys. It is a powerful tool when compared to tools like Google Forms, Survey Monkey, etc. With Typeform, you can get information & feedback and also give instructions to your participants before and after the program. Typeform is also very helpful while doing sessions (virtual or in-person).
Typeform is said to be one of the Marketing Reporting tools because of its Report generating option. All the responses within Typeform are categorized by Responses, Totaal visits, Unique visits, Completion rate, and average time to complete. With all these categorized data, Typeform generates Marketing report.
- Unlike other Marketing Reporting Tools, With Typeform, you can create unlimited forms and surveys. There is no upper limit to it.
- Typeform gives you the option to choose from 100s of free templates in their gallery to enhance user experience. It also gives you the ability to design your own themes for each form.
- Typeform easily integrates with your Customer Relationship Management platform (CRM) like Salesforce, etc., which gives you the ability to effortlessly follow up with your customers.
- With Typeform, you can personalize the flow of your form. This gives your respondents a better experience and also results in better data via your forms. As a respondent, the response to your current question will decide your next question.
Cyfe is an all-in-one dashboard that allows marketers to integrate data from various marketing tools and see all of it in one place. Cyfe is one of the well-knowm Marketing Automation Tools.
You can use it to track data from all your social media marketing platforms, sales platforms, pay-per-click marketing channels, and others. It has pre-built widgets that you can use to connect to Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and SalesForce accounts.
Unlike other Marketing Reporting Tools, Cyfe can then collect all the data that you need from these platforms and display it on one dashboard. Cyfe has a free plan and three other plans that require you to pay a monthly subscription fee.
- Cyfe consists of custom data sources with inbuilt dashboard templates.
- Like other Marketing Reporting Tools, this has automated reports and Widget alerts.
- This custom data dashboard has analytics embedded in it.
- Unlike other Marketing Reporting Tools, Cyfe supports 15 different languages.
JotForm is one of the extensively used Marketing Reporting Tools that allows users to create and manage online forms as well as track customer responses. It assists users in Generating Leads, Collecting Order Payments, Conducting Customer Surveys, Managing Job Applications, and Registering Guests for Events. It has a One-Page-Per-Question survey format as well as several built-in templates and themes to help users customize their forms. Jotform also houses a central Dashboard, and the form builder further supports Emojis, Icons, Animations, Video Backgrounds, and other features.
- JotForm allows the users to collect multiple form responses through a single device during trade shows, conferences, and events.
- It allows the users to send specific forms to different members of a team allowing them to view, send and manage responses.
- JotForm enables the users to customize notifications to filter the form submissions and reduce clutter. It triggers a notification whenever a new response is submitted.
- Like other Marketing Reporting Tools, You can integrate JotForm with various third-party applications like Google Sheets, Slack, Salesforce, etc to increase the productivity of a group.
Supermetics is one of the Marketing Reporting Tools similar to Cyfe. Using Supermetrics, you can combine data from multiple resources into a single detailed dashboard. This depends on the Google Data Studio for displaying metrics and data. It complies data with the help of PPC tools, SEO tools, social and website analytics.
- Supermetrics has Business Intelligence as one of its important feature.
- It has a Search Engine Marketing system inbuilt.
- Supermetrics has report scheduling and automation options in it.
- Data Analytics and Data Visualisation can be performed in Supermetrics.
TapClicks is one of the easy to use among the Marketing Reporting Tools. You can create custom branded reports for your agency using TapClicks. You can easily get insights about the metrics that are very essential.
- TapClicks has a dedicated system for Analytics.
- Out of all the Marketing Reporting Tools, TapClicks can be used create impressive Reports.
- The entire process can be tracked with Tap Workflow option in TapClicks.
- This has special options to uncover your digital marketing blindspots using Competitive intelligence.
This brings us to the end of Best Marketing Reporting tools.
Corporates are constantly on the lookout for ways to ramp up their Sales and Productivity. Marketing Reporting Tools can strengthen the ability of organizations to make the right Marketing decisions. This article took you through the 9 essential Marketing Reporting Tools that you should have in your reporting stack in order to be successful in taking your data to the next level. Obviously, there might be other tools that you might be currently using so please feel free to share them in the comments section below.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Reporting results are improved if you integrate your data from multiple sources. If you’re looking for an all-in-one solution, that will not only help you transfer data but also transform it into analysis-ready form, then Hevo Data is the right choice for you! Hevo Data with its strong integration with 100+ Sources & BI tools allows you to not only export data from sources & load data in the destinations, but also transform & enrich your data, & make it analysis-ready so that you can focus only on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools. In short, Hevo Data can make the job of a Market Data Analyst easier.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. Hevo offers plans & pricing for different use cases and business needs, check them out!
Are you a Marketer? Share your experience of working with the Best Marketing Reporting tools in the comments section below. Also, drop in your queries, if any.