Email Marketing is a popular way of Marketing products, leveraged by most brands. It helps businesses reach out to their current and new customers and market their products to them. If done properly, Email Marketing can help a brand to grow its followers and generate revenue for growth.
However, Email Marketing can be difficult when done manually. Again, if done wrongly, Email Marketing can ruin the reputation of your brand. That’s why there is a need for a tool for running Email Marketing campaigns.
Mailchimp is one of the most widely known Email Marketing Tools. It helps Marketers run their Email Marketing campaigns and track the success of the campaigns. This helps the Marketers to know what is working as well as what is not working so that they can customize their campaigns.
However, Mailchimp might not be the best Email Marketing software for all businesses. Such businesses should consider looking for alternative Email Services like Mailchimp. In this article, you will gain information about the best Open-Source and Paid Alternative Email Services like Mailchimp.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Mailchimp
MailChimp is a software tool used to create and manage Mailing Lists, Automate Campaigns, Newsletters, and more. It gives its users an opportunity to exercise full control over their Email Marketing efforts from the start to the end.
Mailchimp is easy to use and it gives its users access to many Email Marketing tools all located in one place. It comes with pre-built and customizable email automation that make it easy for businesses to connect to the right people at the right time without having to re-do the work every time. Other useful features offered by Mailchimp include Welcome Automation, Order Notifications, and Happy Birthday Messages.
With Mailchimp, you can remind your customers about the items they abandoned in their shopping carts, recommend items of interest to customers, notify customers after receiving their orders, and remind customers to come back to purchase items they saw on your website.
The Free Plan supports 2000 subscribers with a monthly cap of 10,000 emails. Moreover, it also has 3 different plans called Premium, Standard, and Essentials based on usage and features accessible. For further details on the pricing plans of Mailchimp, visit here.
For further information about Mailchimp, you can follow the Official Documentation.
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data helps you integrate and load data from 100+ different sources such as Email services like Mailchimp, to a Data Warehouse/Destination of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner. Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources allows users to bring in data of different kinds in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Transformations: Hevo provides preload transformations through Python code. It also allows you to run transformation code for each event in the Data Pipelines you set up. You need to edit the event object’s properties received in the transform method as a parameter to carry out the transformation. Hevo also offers drag and drop transformations like Date and Control Functions, JSON, and Event Manipulation to name a few. These can be configured and tested before putting them to use.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ Integrations to SaaS platforms such as Email Services like Mailchimp, files, Databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL Databases to name a few.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources (including 30+ free sources) including Email Services like Mailchimp, that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Understanding the Need for Email Services like MailChimp
Mailchimp used to be the most popular Email Marketing Service in the market. Businesses all over the world have been using Mailchimp to automate and analyze their Email Marketing initiatives. But with time, due to lack of innovation and a few other limitations in the flexibility of usage, people have started opting for alternative Email Services like Mailchimp but with better flexibility and efficiency.
Some of the limitations of Mailchimp are:
- MailChimp has the right to suspend or terminate your account. If you get an excessive number of unsubscribe notifications or spam complaints about your emails, MailChimp has the right to suspend or terminate your account without prior notice. This implies that users must test every email before sending it out in order to limit any possible damage.
- Mailchimp’s setup and configuration are fairly complicated. Although this platform has a simple design with easy navigation, the initial user registration procedure is complex.
- The payment structure is based on the number of email addresses saved on Mailchimp, therefore users must remove lists of stored email addresses on a regular basis to keep below a certain billing threshold. This becomes inconvenient since it necessitates the constant deletion and re-uploading of many of the same lists of persons.
- MailChimp’s anti-spam technology has been known to malfunction on occasions. When users send public campaigns via social media, they may obtain fraudulent access to the campaigns from bots or malicious people, which has a direct influence on the impact or traffic that they may gather in a campaign.
- MailChimp’s templates are ready-made but quite basic i.e, they do not meet sufficient visual quality. This means you’ll have to spend extra resources importing your own forms or spend time altering the existing forms. Thus, you would have to spend extra resources apart from Email Automation.
- Their pricing approach is not user-friendly as they are now charging businesses for unsubscribed users on their accounts. Businesses must pay Mailchimp for subscribers who no longer get messages.
- MailChimp has many native forms that you can copy and paste into your website or social network. However, to get things correct, you still need to have knowledge of CSS. There is no drag and drop or adjustment functionality.
Top 5 Alternative Email Services Like Mailchimp
Mailchimp is one of the most popular names in Email Marketing, but that doesn’t make it the right Email Marketing Software for your business. There are numerous Email Services like Mailchimp but with better customization, efficiency, and flexibility. You can choose which tool would best align with your business requirements.
The list of the 5 best alternative Email Services like Mailchimp are:
Sendinblue is one of the greatest alternative Email Services like Mailchimp. It comes with tools for doing Email marketing and Transactional Emailing. Sendinblue has a mobile-friendly Email builder with high-quality templates. It also supports Behavioral Targeting, Segmentation, Remarketing Audience, and more.
Sendinblue comes with powerful functionality for creating Email Newsletters, SMS Campaigns, Email Marketing Automation, Facebook Ads, Live Chat, Landing Pages, and more. They have a personalized Marketing Automation solution that allows you to send unlimited emails to your target audience based on user behavior.
Sendinblue has a free plan that supports a maximum of 300 emails per day and four other pricing plans whose costs vary based on the number of emails that you can send per month. For further details on the pricing plans of Sendinblue, visit here.
Constant Contact is an Email Marketing tool for small businesses and non-profits. It provides you with a drag & drop editor that you can use to create professional email newsletters.
You also get additional features like the ability to manage your Email lists and track the Email deliverability and open rates. Constant Contacts can generate powerful reports to show you the performance of your Email Marketing Campaigns.
It has two subscription plans, Email and Email Plus that cost $45/month and $70/month respectively. For further information on the pricing plans of Constant Contact, visit here.
ConvertKit makes a good Email Marketing software for Authors, Creators, and Bloggers. It provides advanced automation features with a simple drag & drop Email Sequence Builder, making it possible for you to send automated emails based on user behaviour.
It has an advanced segmentation feature that you can use to segment your contacts based on their interaction with your emails. Convertkit also comes with a drag & drop Landing Page Builder and beautiful Landing Page Templates.
It has a free plan that supports up to 1000 subscribers and two other priced plans with advanced features. For further details on the pricing plans of ConvertKit, visit here.
Aweber is another one of the alternative Email Services like Mailchimp. It helps you to connect with your customers through emails and accelerate your business growth.
It has many features like Email Templates for HTML Newsletters, Auto-fetch Articles for creating Automated Blog Newsletter Emails, Email Analytics, Smart Subscriber Management, Automation Tools, and Segmentation. It also comes with other standard features like List Management, A/B Split Testing, Autoresponders, and more.
It has a 30-day free trial plan and three other Pro subscription-based plans. For further details on the pricing plans of Aweber, visit here.
Drip is a great Email Marketing software for eCommerce Stores. It has Multichannel touchpoints for reaching customers by sending SMS text messages and emails. Drip helps you to store and manage users, depending on how they interact with your website. Its API Script makes it easy for you to collect user data and store it in Events, Tags, and Custom Fields.
It comes with an Automation Workflow Builder to help you automate how you reach your customers at their most impact time when interacting with your brand. Drip has advanced personalization features that allow you to use client’s data to create Custom Product Recommendations, Discount Codes, Price-drop Notifications, etc.
If your goal is to integrate your Email Marketing service with eCommerce solutions like BigCommerce, Shopify, or WooCommerce, then Drip might be the best option.
You can try Drip for free for 14 days after which you will be required to pay a monthly subscription fee of $19. Apart from that, it also provides features to send SMS and MMS and is priced based on the number of sends. For further details on the pricing plans of Drip, visit here.
In this article, you have learned about Mailchimp Email Marketing software and its limitations. This article also provided a detailed list of Open-Source and Paid Alternative Email Services like Mailchimp.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to manage data transfer between a variety of sources such as Email Services like Mailchimp, and a wide variety of Desired Destinations with a few clicks.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data with its strong integration with 100+ sources (including 30+ free sources) and Email Services like Mailchimp allows you to not only export data from your desired data sources & load it to the destination of your choice, but also transform & enrich your data to make it analysis-ready so that you can focus on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools.
Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You may also have a look at the amazing price, which will assist you in selecting the best plan for your requirements.
Share your experience of understanding the alternative Email Services like Mailchimp in the comment section below!