Do you or your company use Mailchimp to send bulk emails to engage customers? Do you have an email template that you want to upload and modify and share with others? If the answer to the above question is yes, then you’ve landed in the right place. This blog aims to target how you can export Mailchimp data to HTML, which can then be modified or shared with others for better collaboration.
Here’s the outline of what you’ll be covering:
Table of Contents
Introduction to Mailchimp
Mailchimp is a marketing software that gives you the ability to create and manage your customer mailing list, marketing campaigns, product/organization newsletters, etc. Mailchimp is a web-based framework that allows you to manage and control your end to end email marketing efforts with their excellent email marketing tools. Mailchimp has a central dashboard to manage online marketing campaigns and it also assists in crafting emails and campaigns with the help of its out-of-the-box marketing tools.
Email Marketing is a critical way to communicate the campaigns to the customers and to reach out to a broader customer base. Companies can grow their revenue to a great extent by targeting a correct and large audience with the help of email marketing. Digital Marketing, when done right, has enormous potential to make or break the business in this competitive world.
Key Features of Mailchimp
- Ease of Designing – Mailchimp has a very user-friendly UI to create and customize your campaign. You do not need to know any coding language or HTML to build newsletters or campaigns. You can pick the template, design it and send or schedule the emails at your convenience.
- Pre-built Templates – Mailchimp has a vast collection of pre-built templates that can be easily customized to get you started. Simply choose the template that suits your needs and start customizing it with hundreds of available options
- Automated Email Campaigns – Mailchimp provides you with the flexibility to automate your email campaigns. The email can be the one mail content that you send to users when they sign up or the content when they buy your services or any other marketing emails for your campaigns. Automated campaigns help you increase your brand’s value and enhance the interaction between you and your subscribers.
- Geotargeting the Customer – Mailchimp offers you the facility to tag your customer based on their geographical locations. This feature is useful when you want to run your promotional offers for a particular city, state or geographic location. By tagging the customers or subscribers geographically, you can maximize the customer base’s reach for your campaign.
- Email Beamer – This feature allows you to create campaign drafts without logging in to Mailchimp. You can write your content on your email and send it to the personalized email address that Mailchimp provides.
- Data Analytics – Mailchimp allows you to see how your campaign performs by analyzing the various metrics like how many subscribers signed up, which link has more interaction and many more. This information will help you to explain your campaign as to what worked and what didn’t.
- E-Commerce Integration – Mailchimp works on RESTful principles and has API endpoints that integrate with eCommerce platforms like Magneto, Shopify, Prestashop, etc. that can help you track purchases, revenue, sales, etc.
- Ease of Access – Mailchimp is available on the website interface as well as a mobile app that allows you to connect to your campaigns on the fly. You can manage lists, subscribers, send/receive campaigns and view analytics charts and reports.
Hevo is a No-Code Data Pipeline. Hevo also offers pre-built integrations from Mailchimp and numerous other free data sources. It offers a fully-automated platform that extracts, transforms and loads data to your data warehouse.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Let’s look at some unbeatable features of Hevo:
- Simple: Hevo has a simple and intuitive user interface. The learning curve for Hevo is minimal and can be set up in minutes.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Secure: Hevo offers two-factor authentication and end-to-end encryption. Your data is safe and secure with Hevo.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo offers live monitoring of your data. So, you can check the status of your data at any particular point.
- Fault-Tolerant: Hevo can automatically detect anomalies in the incoming data and inform you about it simultaneously. If there is an affected record within the pipeline, it is kept aside for corrections.
Give Hevo a try by signing up for a 14-day free trial today and enjoy the seamless experience of migrating data from Mailchimp.
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
Introduction to HTML
HTML is an abbreviation for Hypertext Markup Language and is a language to create websites. Every website over the internet has the HTML language to view the pages, and it can be combined with other languages to create your custom CSS and templates. HTML is easy to learn and deploy; you can create simple web pages within minutes.
Hypertext means “Text within Text,” i.e. if any text has a link associated with it that redirects to different text/pages, it is a hypertext. Hypertext binds the two texts/pages with each other. Markup Language is used to apply text formatting and layout to texts that make texts more dynamic and interactive.
Let’s see a simple example of HTML:
<title>Web page title</title>
<h1>Write Your First Heading</h1>
<p>Write Your First Paragraph.</p>
Steps to Export Mailchimp Data to HTML
- An active Mailchimp account.
- A basic idea/knowledge about email and marketing campaigns.
- A general thought process to create or modify email and marketing templates.
To begin with exporting data from Mailchimp, first, you have to save your current configurations or design to a template. Once the design is saved, follow the given steps to export the template to HTML format on your computer.
Step 1: Click the Campaigns drop-down and choose Email Templates.
Step 2: Locate the template you’d like to export by browsing the template list or using the search option
Step 3: Click the drop-down menu next to the Edit button and choose Export as HTML.
Using the Exported HTML Data
The template will be downloaded to your computer as an HTML file. You can use any preferred HTML editor such as notepad ++, Visual Studio, or other available tools to view the content and modify it as per your need.
Once you modify the content, you can import the template to another Mailchimp account that can be used for further campaigns or share it with your colleagues for better collaboration.
In this blog post, you have learnt about the various features that Mailchimp provides to simplify your email marketing efforts. You have also seen the importance and benefits to export Mailchimp data to HTML. Moreover, you also learnt the simple steps to do the same.
Hevo is a No-code Data Pipeline. It can set up data export from Mailchimp (Free Source Connector with Hevo) and numerous other free data sources in a matter of a few clicks without using any custom code. It supports several target databases and can execute complex transformations on the fly using a simple user interface.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Give Hevo a try and Sign Up up for a 14-day free trial today.
Share your experience of learning how to export Mailchimp Data to HTML with us in the comments section below!
No-Code Data Pipeline for Mailchimp