Having a robust Visualising Tool is crucial for any business user to gain holistic insights about the relation between Data and their Market/Sales outcomes to help analyse & predict Sales. One of the biggest challenges that most organisations face today is how to get insights for their Marketing Campaign. Every organisation markets their product either Digitally or Off-site to increase their Customer Base and maximise their sales but fail to evaluate the ROI they achieved from their Marketing.
Social Media like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc., are the best way to promote the products digitally. LinkedIn is one of the widely used platforms to display Ads to professional audiences. To get detailed reporting from this platform users need to Connect LinkedIn Ads to Google Data Studio.
This article focuses on LinkedIn Ads & Google Data Studio Platforms & aims at providing you with in-depth knowledge of how to Connect LinkedIn Ads to Google Data Studio with ease. Upon a complete walkthrough of the content, you will be able to visualise your LinkedIn Ads data using Google Data Studio with ease! It will help you draw crucial insights about your Marketing Performance and Customers.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to LinkedIn Ads
- Introduction to Google Data Studio
- Methods to Connect LinkedIn Ads to Google Data Studio Integration
Introduction to LinkedIn Ads
LinkedIn is an extensively used online Social Media Network built for professionals to connect with other professionals seamlessly. LinkedIn majorly focuses on Work openings, Professional tutorials, and Professional connections. LinkedIn is also used for Business Campaigning, Promoting Organisations, Skill-Showcasing, Achievements and a lot more.
LinkedIn is an extraordinary stage that is efficiently utilised by Businesses, Corporates and Individuals. The Website allows Advertisers to promote their Content through Paid Social Promotions and in-mail posts. LinkedIn has a vast customer base, and with more than 690 million individuals, it is one of the most prominent organisations on the internet. LinkedIn Ads has an exceptionally well-built interface that shows how your campaigns perform and how many returns/conversions you get.
If as a LinkedIn Ads User, you would like to Integrate your Marketing Data to Data Warehouse like Google BigQuery. you can check our detailed guide on Linkedin Ads to BigQuery.
Different Types of LinkedIn Ads Campaigns
- Sponsored Content: LinkedIn Ads allow users to set up paid campaigns that provide the look and feel of organic posts and allow users to promote their content with ease.
- Sponsored InMail: InMail contents communicate directly via the user’s LinkedIn mailboxes. Recruiters send personal InMail messages to specific individuals to promote their content/requirements.
- Text Ads: LinkedIn Text Ads show up on the sidebar of LinkedIn pages and work in a way similar to Google AdWords.
- Dynamic Ads: These allow organisations to leverage dynamically generated custom content to target a particular audience section.
- Programmatic Display Ads: LinkedIn allows users to analyse user preferences and leverage such insights to produce customer-centric insights.
For further information on LinkedIn Ads, you can check the official website here.
Introduction to Google Data Studio
Google Data Studio is entirely a Cloud-based Offering provided by Google. It is free to use and houses more than 240+ Data Sources to connect with. These connectors help connect to Google offered services like Google Adwords, YouTube, Google BigQuery, and third-party sources like Shopify, HubSpot, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
Google Data Studio provides a graphical canvas onto which users drag and drop datasets. Users can set dimensions and metrics, specify sorting and filtering, and tailor the way reports and charts are displayed. Google Data Studio offers multiple pre-built Templates and visual aids that can help you unleash the full power of visualisation by using those visual aids.
Key Features of Google Data Studio
- Unlimited Reports: Google Data Studio provides users with numerous in-built Templates and layouts, allowing them to create various reports to analyse their data and gain crucial insights.
- Live Data Connection: Google Data Studio houses a diverse set of connectors that let users connect with live data sources and stream data records with ease. It also has an option for a periodic refresh of data.
- Easy Collaboration: Google Data Studio houses the support for collaborative analytics & reporting and allows users to share business reports with others in real-time.
- Dynamic Controls: Google Data Studio has a feature to add data controls and filters over the charts & dashboard to control the visualisations dynamically.
- Vast Library of Connectors: Google Data Studio houses 240+ in-built connectors that allow users to connect and stream records from various Google and non-Google data sources such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Google Analytics, etc.
For further information on Google Data Studio Charts, you can check our all-inclusive blog here.
Ways to Connect LinkedIn Ads to Google Data Studio
Using the Supermetrics plugin to Connect LinkedIn Ads to Google Data Studio is one such way. This method requires you to add the Supermetrics connector for LinkedIn Ads to your Google Data Studio account and then leverage the LinkedIn Ads+Google Analytics or LinkedIn Ads Overview Template to start visualising your data.
A fully managed, No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data, helps you integrate data from LinkedIn Ads (30+ free data sources) and numerous other marketing applications and visualize it in your desired BI tool such as Google Data Studio effortlessly. Hevo, with its minimal learning curve, can be set up in a matter of minutes making the users ready to load data without compromising performance.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Its strong integration with various sources such as databases, files, BI tools, marketing applications, etc. gives users the flexibility to bring in data of all different kinds in a way that’s as smooth as possible, without having to write a single line of code.
Hevo can help you simplify your data integration today!
- Working knowledge of Google Data Studio.
- Working knowledge of LinkedIn Ads.
- A Google Data Studio account.
- A LinkedIn Ads account.
Methods to Connect LinkedIn Ads to Google Data Studio Integration
There are multiple ways in which you can set up the LinkedIn Ads Google Data Studio integration:
- Method 1: Using Supermetrics Plugin to Connect LinkedIn Ads to Google Data Studio Integration
- Method 2: Using Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline
Method 1: Using Supermetrics Plugin to Connect LinkedIn Ads to Google Data Studio Integration
The LinkedIn dashboard offers limited Visualisation and Metrics to perform Impact Analysis. However, users need more granular level details for their Campaign to understand the Conversion Rate and Market Trends. In such cases, third-party tools such as Google Data Studio & Google Sheets are popular choices among individuals. Supermetrics provides several Tools/Plugins to Connect LinkedIn Ads to Google Data Studio and help in create appealing visualizations.
Some of the most popular Supermetrics Templates that help users set up the LinkedIn Ads Google Data Studio integration are LinkedIn Ads + Google Analytics & LinkedIn Ads Overview Templates. You can learn more about these from the following sections:
Using the LinkedIn Ads + Google Analytics Template
“LinkedIn Ads + Google Analytics” Template by Supermetrics, is a 3-page Template that allows users to gain holistic insights about the impact of the LinkedIn Ads Campaigns on the Conversion Rate and Customer Retention.
To start using this Template, you first need to log in to your Google Data Studio account. To do this, go to the Official website of Google Data Studio and log in using your credentials such as Username and Password.
Once you’ve logged in, locate the Linkedin Ads + Google Analytics Template and click on the “Use template” option found at the top right corner of your screen. In case you are not able to locate the Template, you can also click here to go to the Template page directly.
Once you’ve found the Template, click on the “Add Connector” option. You will now be able to see a page, providing a comprehensive preview of crucial LinkedIn Metrics and Market Trends.
The second page will further provide crucial insights about 12 Key Metrics by leveraging the Line Charts and Graphs as follows:
The third and the last page allow users to keep track of the Top Campaigns, along with granular control over Clicks and Sessions. You will also be able to see a table at the bottom of your screen, containing information from Linked Ads and Google Analytics about the Customer journey, starting from the very beginning of viewing an Ad to the Customer Conversion.
This is how you can use the LinkedIn Ads + Google Analytics Template to set up LinkedIn Ads Google Data Studio Integration.
Using LinkedIn Ads Overview Template
LinkedIn Ads Overview Template by Supermetics is a 2-page Template that allows users to gain holistic insights about Customer Demographics and crucial LinkedIn Ads Metrics.
The first page of the LinkedIn Ads Overview Template helps users keep track of important Metrics, Trends, etc., along with granular-level information of the Campaigns and Types.
The second page further helps provide insights about the Traffic Distribution, Industries, Countries, etc., along with information about the Campaign Click Breakdown at the Demographic level.
This is how you can use the LinkedIn Ads Overview Template to set up LinkedIn Ads Google Data Studio Integration.
Advantages of Using Supermetrics Templates
- Using the Supermetrics Templates, allow you to fetch and analyse over six months of data in Google Data Studio.
- It allows users to create comprehensive and compelling reports for LinkedIn Ads.
- It allows users to fetch and leverage numerous statistics from a diverse set of Social Networks such as Facebook, Twitter, etc., allowing users to analyse data from different Social Networks.
- Supermetrics Templates further allow users to analyse how Visitors spend time on their Websites, Services, Products, etc.
Method 2: Using Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline
Say goodbye to the tedious challenges of unifying your marketing data! Use Hevo Data, a No-code Data Integration Platform, to connect LinkedIn Ads free of cost with various marketing applications to bring in integrated data in a matter of minutes and visualise it in Google Data Studio. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only bringing in your data from multiple sources but also transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Gone are the days of sitting down and manually optimising your data to get rid of inconsistencies, silos and managing data losses. Hevo takes care of all your pre-processing needs and lets you focus on key business activities and develop a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers and take your business to new heights of profitability.Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
Steps to use Hevo Data
Hevo focuses on three simple steps to get you started:
- Connect: Connect Hevo with LinkedIn Ads and various other sales & marketing data sources by simply logging in with your credentials.
- Integrate: Consolidate your marketing data from several sources in Hevo’s Managed Data Integration Platform and automatically transform it into an analysis-ready form.
- Visualise: Connect Hevo with your desired BI tool such as Google Data Studio and visualise your unified marketing data easily to gain better insights.
Check out what makes Hevo amazing
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a safe & consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its interactive UI, is simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Robust Integration with BI tools: Hevo supports connecting with numerous BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, etc. in a matter of minutes and lets you analyse your sales & marketing data in a completely secure and hassle-free manner in real-time.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilisation of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
This article teaches you how to set up the LinkedIn Ads Google Data Studio Integration with ease. It also provides in-depth knowledge about the concepts behind every step to help you understand and implement them efficiently. Carrying out an in-depth analysis of your Marketing Data requires you to integrate data from a diverse set of Marketing Data Sources.
Integrating such diverse data can be challenging and tiresome, especially for a beginner & this is where Hevo saves the day.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data, helps you easily integrate data from multiple marketing sources and applications and visualise it in your desired BI tool. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only bringing in your data from multiple sources but also transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. You can easily visualise your unified marketing data using your desired BI tool and create informative business reports.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for the 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!
Tell us about your experience of setting up the LinkedIn Ads Google Data Studio integration! Share your thoughts in the comments section below!