Traditional MySQL implementations are probably the safest option for your Magento(Adobe Commerce) installation, but if you want to get the most out of your database, consider upgrading to MariaDB. MariaDB is better suited to users who value features above pure performance.
Magento is an Adobe-owned E-Commerce website platform that specializes in E-Commerce websites. Magento users have access to hundreds of unique features that aid in engaging with consumers and selling products. MariaDB, on the other hand, is an open-source relational database management system that provides an SQL interface for accessing data.
In this article, you will learn the various methods to set up Magento MariaDB Integration. You will also explore why you need it and discover the key benefits offered by the Magento MariaDB Integration. Before jumping directly to methods, let’s get familiar with Magento(Adobe Commerce) and MariaDB and why are they so popular in the market.
Table of Contents
- What is Magento(Adobe Commerce)?
- What is MariaDB?
- What are the Methods to Set Up Magento MariaDB Integration?
- Key Benefits of Magento MariaDB Integration
What is Magento(Adobe Commerce)?
Magento (Adobe Commerce) is an open-source E-Commerce platform that provides merchants with a comprehensive online shopping system, product listing, and store customization features. It also comes with powerful Marketing, catalog management, and discounting features. It offers the greatest E-Commerce platform and versatile Cloud solutions to thousands of merchants and brands, allowing them to swiftly innovate and develop.
Magneto, an Adobe business, is a major participant in the area of B2B E-Commerce for companies of all kinds. With its interesting features and open-source agility, it stands out from the pack. The PHP framework used by Magento (Adobe Commerce) allows programmers to develop both static and dynamic websites, allowing for tremendous customization.
Key Features of Magento(Adobe Commerce)
Magento (Adobe Commerce) allows developing an enterprise-level E-Commerce site easy for retailers. It offers a lot of notable features, including:
- User-Friendly Interface: This might be one of the most important Magento(Adobe Commerce) upgrades. The new user interface is simple and intuitive at the same time. The navigation tools have been made more user-friendly and accessible.
- SEO Optimization: Magento E-Commerce has been updated to include the most recent SEO ranking parameters. It has excellent URL structure and meta-implementation choices, which are essential for SEO. Magento (Adobe Commerce) also has analytics built in to track website traffic.
- Scalability: Magento (Adobe Commerce) is completely scalable and expandable because of its modular core and headless capabilities. Magento 2.0 has a layered design with 4 performance-optimized layers, as well as many improvements to reduce page weight and increase response times as your shop website expands.
- Streamlined Common Admin Tasks: Magento 2 is noted for its efficiency and quickness. You can automate regularly performed operations in the admin user panel, which can save you a lot of time in the long run.
- Security & Reliability: The Magento (Adobe Commerce) Platform is exceptionally secure. It adheres to the industry-accepted standards, regulations, and certifications. Enhanced password management and better cross-site scripting (XSS) attack avoidance are among the built-in security features. Magento 2 now contains a Security Scan Tool that can be used to discover security concerns, update malware, and detect unauthorized access.
What is MariaDB?
MariaDB is a prominent open-source Relational Database Management System (RDBMS). It was created as a software fork of another prominent Open-source Database, MySQL. MariaDB was created with ease of use, speed, and reliability in mind for all of its users.
MariaDB is built on a client/server design, with multiple clients requesting and manipulating data. Clients employ SQL statements to communicate with the server, obtain data, and display the results of client-side modifications. It employs security mechanisms that are comparable to those employed by MySQL.
MariaDB is simple to set up and is used for data processing by both small and large businesses. It’s compatible with Windows, Linux, and macOS. Industry giants such as Wikipedia, Google, Amazon Web Services, Ubuntu, and others leverage MariaDB Database. You can access data via MariaDB’s Storage Engines, Plugins, and SQL Interface, which makes it safe, convenient, and simple to use the Database.
Key Features of MariaDB
MariaDB is a GPL-licensed Database that is available to everyone. It is presently among the top 10 most extensively used database management systems in the world. The following are some of the MariaDB’s key features:
- Robust Transactional Support: The ACID properties which are Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability are supported by MariaDB. These ensure that no data is lost or inconsistent. All transactions support rollbacks, commits, and crash recovery.
- Ease of Use: Since MariaDB uses SQL to query data, anybody with a basic understanding of SQL can easily do the essential tasks.
- Scalable: Due to its multithreading capability, MariaDB is considered to be highly scalable.
- High Performance: MariaDB has many performance-enhancing features, including Table Index Partitioning and Distinct Memory Caches.
- Thread Pooling: This feature speeds up MariaDB processing when there are a lot of connections to the Database. It provides a pool of open threads rather than having to launch a single thread for each connection.
- Parallel Query Execution: This feature is included in the most recent versions of MariaDB, starting with version 10.0. You can run many queries at the same time. It becomes easier to do tasks in it as a result of this.
Explore Various Methods to Migrate Data From Magento(Adobe Commerce) to MariaDB
Due to features and performance needs, organizations need to set up Magento MariaDB Integration. Here, you will learn 2 methods that will help you achieve the Magento MariaDB Integration.
Hevo Data, an Automated No-code Data Pipeline, helps you load data from your Magento(Adobe Commerce) to MariaDB in real-time and provides you with a hassle-free experience. You can easily ingest data using Hevo’s Data Pipelines and replicate it to your desired Data Warehouse without writing a single line of code. From there you can transfer your data to your desired destination.GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
In this method, you will learn about how to connect the available Magento APIs with the MariaDB Database.
What are the Methods to Set Up Magento MariaDB Integration?
In this section, you will understand how to move your data from Magento to MariaDB using the following 2 methods:
- Method 1: Set Up Magento MariaDB Integration using Hevo’s No-Code Data Pipeline
- Method 2: Set Up Magento MariaDB Integration using Magento APIs
Method 1: Set Up Magento MariaDB Integration using Hevo’s No-Code Data Pipeline
Hevo provides an Automated No Code Data Pipeline that helps you move data from your Magento(Adobe Commerce) to MariaDB. You can set up a Data Warehouse managed by Hevo on the fly, as part of the Integration process. The ingested data from the source is first stored in a Data Warehouse managed by Hevo and then loaded to the destination such as Databases, BI tools, or Business Applications. Check out Load Data from MariaDB to any Data Warehouse Without Writing any Code and Load Data from Magento via MySQL Amazon RDS to any Data Warehouse in Minutes.
Hevo’s fault-tolerant architecture will enrich and transform your data securely and consistently and load it to your destination without any assistance from your side. You can entrust us with your data transfer process by both ETL and ELT processes to a data warehouse, Reverse ETL processes to CRMS, etc and enjoy a hassle-free experience.
Here are more reasons to try Hevo:
- Smooth Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to your schema in the desired Data Warehouse.
- Exceptional Data Transformations: Best-in-class & Native Support for Complex Data Transformation at fingertips. Code & No-code Flexibility, designed for everyone.
- Quick Setup: Hevo with its automated features, can be set up in minimal time. Moreover, with its simple and interactive UI, it is extremely easy for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Try Hevo to easily work with Magento MariaDB Integration!SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL!
Method 2: Set Up Magento MariaDB Integration using Magento APIs
To successfully set up the Magento MariaDB Integration using Magento APIs, you need to meet the following requirements:
- If you’re using token-based authentication, go to Magento Admin. Now, create a web services user by navigating to System > Permission > All Users > Web Services User.
- Now, create a new integration. Click System > Extensions > Integration > Add New Integration.
- Authentication can be configured via REST or SOAP clients. You can find a step-by-step guide on getting the process up and running here.
- A MariaDB Database has to be set up in your local system. To set up on Ubuntu- refer to Installing MariaDB on Ubuntu: 6 Easy Steps, to set up on Mac, refer to MariaDB Mac Installation: 10 Easy Steps.
Following the completion of the above prerequisites, the steps below must be followed to complete the Magento MariaDB setup:
- Make a connection to the Magento API.
- Extract input from the Magento platform and analyze it.
- Utilize the JSON data configured via the XML file.
- Push the data values to the corresponding MariaDB table database.
To read more about the Magento(Adobe Commerce) APIs, refer to Getting Started with our Web APIs | Adobe Commerce Developer Guide.
Limitations of Connecting Magento MariaDB using Magento APIs
Some of the limitations faced with Magento(Adobe Commerce) APIs are:
- Effort Intensive: Using custom code to migrate data from Magento to a MariaDB database necessitates knowledge of and integration of a variety of technologies. Your data projects’ deadlines may be impacted due to the learning curve.
- Not Real-Time: The method outlined above will not help you bring data into real-time. You’ll need to create a cron job and write additional code to transmit data in real-time, as well as set up several files.
- Constant Monitoring & Maintenance: Any modifications to the API at Magento’s end will result in data loss that cannot be recovered. As a result, this strategy necessitates continuous monitoring and maintenance of the systems involved.
Key Benefits of Magento MariaDB Integration
MariaDB is more community-oriented and better suited to users who value features above performance. MariaDB offers a diverse set of database engines, as well as disc encryption, horizontal interconnection, and scalability capabilities that could be useful for large Magento businesses. Apart from these, some of the benefits of the Magento MariaDB setup are mentioned below:
- Support for advanced Magento sharding (Spider storage engine or Galera cluster).
- In-depth horizontal replication, sophisticated scaling, and connection across various sources.
- In comparison to the default MySQL configuration, MariaDB’s performance is better.
In this article, you explored the key features of Magento(Adobe Commerce) and MariaDB. You also understood the various methods to load your Magento data to MariaDB. At the end of this article, you discovered the key benefits of using the Magento MariaDB Integration.
However, knowing where to start and how to combine consumer data from various applications can be a challenge for many companies. This is where Hevo can help save your day!
Hevo Data is a No-Code Data Pipeline that offers a faster way to move data from 100+ Data Sources including Magento(Adobe Commerce), MariaDB, and other 40+ Free Sources, into your Data Warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO EXPLORE HEVO
Want to take Hevo for a spin?
Share your experience with Magento MariaDB Integration in the comments section below!