PostgreSQL is an open-source object-relational database system with an emphasis on extensibility and standard compliance. ERP, CRM, marketing, and finance applications are among the most popular PostgreSQL integrations.
It can be difficult to strike the right balance between sales data accessibility and maintaining control over your Pipedrive account. PostgreSQL Pipedrive Integration can be useful in any kind of situation,
This article will assist you with PostgreSQL Pipedrive Integration. If you want to get analytics-ready data without the manual effort, you can integrate Pipedrive to PostgreSQL, allowing you to focus on what matters most: extracting value from your business data.
Table of Contents
- What is PostgreSQL?
- What is Pipedrive?
- How to Connect PostgreSQL Pipedrive?
- Limitation of Manual PostgreSQL Pipedrive Integration
- Benefits of PostgreSQL Pipedrive Integration
What is PostgreSQL?
PostgreSQL is an Open-Source advanced Relational Database System Model. PostgreSQL is a dependable Database that has been developed for more than two decades by the Open-Source Community.
Only PostgreSQL, among the existing Open Source DBMS, provides enterprise-class performance and functions, as well as limitless growth opportunities. It is a Large Database that is used to support applications and products by both Large Organizations and startups. It is commonly used as a powerful back-end database that supports a diverse set of Dynamic Websites and Web Applications.
Postgres supports querying as well as Windowing. It supports both relational and non-relational querying. Because of its adaptability, it can be used as both a Transactional Database and an Analytics Data Warehouse.
PostgreSQL was created with the intention of allowing for the addition of new capabilities and functionality. PostgreSQL allows you to create your own data types, index types, functional languages, and other features.
Key Features of PostgreSQL
Listed below are some features of PostgreSQL:
- Inheritance of a Table: Inheritance is a powerful object-relational feature supported by PostgreSQL. This allows a table to inherit some of its column properties from one or more other tables, forming a parent-child relationship. The child table inherits the same columns, constraints, and defined columns as its parent table (or tables).
- Integrity of Foreign Key Referential: The foreign key concept in PostgreSQL is based on the first table’s column combination with primary key values from the second table. It is also referred to as a constraint or a referential integrity constraint. The values of the foreign key constraints column, which corresponded with the actual values of the primary key column from another table, are specified.
- Replication Asynchronous: Asynchronous replication in PostgreSQL provides a dependable and simple method of distributing data and making your setups more failsafe. Administrators can easily create read-only replicas of a primary server in the event of server failure or disaster.
What is Pipedrive?
Pipedrive is a web-based Sales CRM and Pipeline Management solution that helps companies plan and track their sales activities. Pipedrive, which was developed using an activity-based selling methodology, automates every step of the process of converting a potential deal into a successful sale. Because Pipedrive is completely customizable, you can create your own distinct Sales Processes and Patterns without relying on any pre-existing standards. Pipedrive’s incredible flexibility is one of its most significant advantages.
Pipedrive not only reminds and reports users on pipeline stages, but it also efficiently correlates them with data. Many sales professionals come to Pipedrive with a slew of spreadsheets and perplexing data patterns to convert into actionable information.
Key Features of Pipedrive
The following are some of Pipedrive’s key features:
- Reporting: Pipedrive helps to improve insight and active reporting. When developing an optimized Sales technique, measuring a company’s performance against a specific set of objectives becomes critical.
- Automation: Pipedrive is popular among businesses because it automates various sales operations.
- Integrations with Third Parties: Pipedrive can be used by businesses in conjunction with a variety of third-party applications to increase sales and generate invoices. This is a standard requirement, particularly when a company’s management attempts to access customer information and make changes via their mobile phones. Pipedrive also allows employees to use their existing applications alongside it.
- Templates that are Unique: Pipedrive allows employees to create their own templates and insert images and context to improve their Sales Funnel. A personalized format or template can also help employees fine-tune metrics that must be observed when comparing.
Explore these Methods for PostgreSQL Pipedrive Integration
Pipedrive handles new leads, sales calls, user engagement, and so on. To receive notifications on other messaging platforms, any specific event trigger allows users to organize their workflow and avoid checking the Pipedrive dashboard on a regular basis. It also aids in the concentration of other business activities. In this article, we will discuss two approaches to accomplishing this:
Hevo Data, an Automated No-code Data Pipeline, helps you load data from PostgreSQL to Pipedrive in real-time and provides you with a hassle-free experience. You can easily ingest data using Hevo’s Data Pipelines and replicate it to your desired Data Warehouse without writing a single line of code.GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
One major drawback is that you need to do manual integration of each field from the source to the destination which is a time-consuming and error-prone operation.
How to Connect PostgreSQL Pipedrive?
To perform insightful analysis, you can set up PostgreSQL Pipedrive and transfer data from PostgreSQL to Pipedrive in a variety of ways. You can do so by using one of the two methods listed below:
Method 1: Using Hevo Data’s No-code Data Pipeline to Connect PostgreSQL Pipedrive
Hevo provides an Automated No-code Data Pipeline that helps you move your PostgreSQL data swiftly to Pipedrive. Hevo is fully-managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Manually mapping fields from source to destination, as mentioned in the previous method, is a time-consuming process. Hevo has a feature called Automapping that can help you avoid this hassle. When you enable Automapping, Hevo will automatically create a table in the destination and map it to the source.
It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination. It allows you to focus on key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools.
To integrate PostgreSQL Pipedrive with Hevo, simply follow these steps:
Step 1: Set up the Source
- To use PostgreSQL as the source, follow these steps:
- In the Asset Palette, select PIPELINES.
- In the Pipelines List View, click + CREATE.
- Select the PostgreSQL variant on the Select Source Type page.
Step 2: Setting up the Destination
The ingested data from the source is first stored in a Hevo-managed Data Warehouse before being loaded to the destination, such as databases, business intelligence tools, or business applications. Check out Load Data from PostgreSQL to Pipedrive in Minutes using Google BigQuery DWH.
Here are more reasons to try Hevo:
- Smooth Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to your schema in the desired Data Warehouse.
- Exceptional Data Transformations: Best-in-class & Native Support for Complex Data Transformation at fingertips. Code & No-code Fexibilty designed for everyone.
- Quick Setup: Hevo with its automated features, can be set up in minimal time. Moreover, with its simple and interactive UI, it is extremely easy for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Try Hevo for PostgreSQL Pipedrive Integration!SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL!
Method 2: Manually Integrating PostgreSQL Pipedrive
To get started with the manual PostgreSQL Pipedrive Integration, you have to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Connect Postgres
- Step 2: Attach Pipedrive
- Step 3: Identify the Critical Data for your Business
- Step 4: Plan your Sync
Step 1: Connect PostgreSQL
Use standard API and ODBC credentials to connect to PostgreSQL.
Step 2: Attach Pipedrive
You can connect to Pipedrive by creating an API key in Pipedrive and supplying it to Census through an easy-to-use interface.
Step 3: Identify the Critical Data for your Business
Make a SQL statement. Select the Postgres records you want to sync. Census will use the unique identifier you provide to match records (like email or ID).
Step 4: Plan your Sync
Select your sync frequency, with options to transfer data continuously, on a schedule, or via our API.
These are just the overview of what PostgreSQL Pipedrive Integration is capable of and how to load data into it so far. When you want to integrate data from multiple sources, things can get even more complicated.
Limitation of Manual PostgreSQL Pipedrive Integration
The following are some of the limitations of Manual PostgreSQL Pipedrive Integration:
- Creating a Data Pipeline: Building an in-house data pipeline requires extensive experience, time, and manpower, as well as a high risk of error.
- Error-Prone: You must extract data and then connect it to the Data Warehouse correctly.
- Hard coding: Analysts must write code and manage infrastructure, but they cannot access data within hours.
Benefits of PostgreSQL Pipedrive Integration
- Transferring Data: Data replication can be used to simply copy Pipedrive data to PostgreSQL without the need for mapping configuration. It enables you to create a copy of Pipedrive data in PostgreSQL and keep it up to date with minimal configuration.
- PostgreSQL data to Pipedrive and vice-versa: PostgreSQL Pipedrive Integration provides several advantages when importing Pipedrive data to PostgreSQL or vice versa. The Import allows you to perform any DML operations on imported PostgreSQL data in Pipedrive, import data from multiple PostgreSQL objects at once, and so on. These capabilities are available in both directions.
- 2 Way Synchronization: PostgreSQL Pipedrive makes it simple to perform bidirectional data synchronization between Pipedrive and PostgreSQL. It does not load all of the data each time it performs the synchronization. It monitors changes in the synchronized data sources and only makes necessary data changes.
In this article, you gained a basic understanding of Pipedrive and PostgreSQL. You also explored the 2 methods to set up PostgreSQL Pipedrive Integration. At the end of this article, you discovered the various advantages of setting up the PostgreSQL Pipedrive Integration.
However, migrating complex data from a wide range of data sources such as DynamoDB, other databases, CRMs, project management tools, streaming services, and marketing platforms to your PostgreSQL database can appear to be a daunting task. However, knowing where to start and how to combine consumer data from various applications can be a challenge for many companies. This is where Hevo can help save your day!VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO EXPLORE HEVO
Hevo Data is a No-Code Data Pipeline that offers a faster way to move data from 100+ Data Sources such as Pipedrive to a destination of your choice. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin?
Share with us your experience of learning about the methods used for setting up PostgreSQL Pipedrive Integration in the comments below.