Do you want to set up Salesforce Webhook Integration? Are you struggling to find a secure way to use Webhooks to load your Salesforce data? If yes? You’ve landed at the right page! Follow our easy step-by-step guide to help you successfully integrate Salesforce with Webhooks.
This article aims at teaching you how to set up the Salesforce Webhooks Integration and load your Salesforce data to a data warehouse/ destination of your choice with ease.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Webhooks
- Introduction to Salesforce
- Methods to achieve Salesforce Webhook Integration
Introduction to Webhooks
There are two ways in which your apps can communicate with each other to share the latest information, Polling and Webhooks. A Webhook will transfer (PUSH) information as soon as it has it, similar to a notification you receive when you get a new email/payment/order etc. Just like the notifications you get from your bank or social media, Webhooks work in the same way and always keep your applications abreast with the latest data.
Today, any properly configured data warehouse which gives you useful insights; would invariably interface with Webhooks from a multitude of sources; like your business website, social media accounts, statistics from CRMs/marketing/sales/billing/footfalls etc.
For further information on Webhooks, you can check the official documentation here.
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is the world’s leading CRM solution, offered on a PAAS model. Salesforce offers various tools such as Data Export Wizard, Data (Apex) Loader, etc. allowing you to load your Salesforce data into other applications. To use your Salesforce data for analytics and business insights, you will have to transfer it (via an ETL process) to a data warehouse and then use a BI tool to analyse your data. Salesforce automatically transfers the latest data to your data warehouse, keeping you up-to-date with your business activities.
Key features of Salesforce:
- Contact Management: Salesforce offers smooth contact-management by providing access to critical customer data and interaction history. It provides great insights on how to use customer data to get a better understanding of their behaviour using various trends, metrics, etc.
- Dynamic Dashboards: Salesforce’s interactive dashboards provide a complete view of how well the business is performing using key factors such as market trends, customer behaviour, etc. You can easily create dashboards and generate real-time reports for your business.
- Opportunity Management: It is one of the best features of Salesforce. It provides you with an in-depth view of the customers’ timeline, their buying patterns, metrics, etc. and lets you strategize your next move.
- Email Integrations: Salesforce supports full integration with applications like Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, etc. and lets you synchronize your calendars and schedules. It even provides offline access to important emails and lets you develop personalised templates for potential customers.
For further information on Salesforce, you can check the official site here.
Methods to set up Salesforce Webhook Integration
Using custom ETL code snippets is one such way to transfer data from Salesforce using Webhooks. This method requires users to develop ETL pipelines, that will access data using Salesforce REST APIs. Users can then transform and load this data into a data warehouse of their choice.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline, provides a hassle-free solution and helps you directly transfer data from Salesforce to a data warehouse of your choice in an effortless manner using its Webhooks functionality for free. Hevo is fully-managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Hevo’s pre-built integration with Salesforce (among 100+ Sources) and its Webhooks functionality will take full charge of the data transfer process, allowing you to focus on key business activities.Get Started with Hevo for Free
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.
- Working knowledge of Webhooks.
- A Salesforce account.
- A general idea of APIs.
Methods to achieve Salesforce Webhook Integration
There are multiple ways in which you can set up Salesforce Webhook Integration, and transfer your Salesforce data into a data warehouse to perform an insightful analysis. You can use either of the following two methods to achieve this:
- Method 1: Using Custom ETL Scripts to achieve Salesforce Webhook Integration
- Method 2: Using Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline
Method 1: Using Custom ETL Scripts to achieve Salesforce Webhook Integration
Integrating Salesforce with Webhooks using custom ETL scripts requires having expertise in writing code snippets using a programming language, along with an idea of using APIs to load data.
Using the custom ETL scripts, you will develop code to extract data from Salesforce via Salesforce REST APIs, transform the data into an analysis-ready form and then load it into a data warehouse of your choice. You can then connect with a Business Intelligence tool to start analysing your data.
Using custom ETL scripts to load your data from Salesforce to a data warehouse of your choice, requires users to manually carry out data refreshes, to ensure that they always have fresh and up-to-date data and trends in their data warehouse.
This is how you can achieve Salesforce Webhook Integration using custom ETL scripts.
Method 2: Using Hevo Data, a No-Code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps you set up Salesforce Webhook Integration, to load Salesforce data into a data warehouse of your choice and visualize it in your desired BI tool for free. Hevo is fully-managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination. It allows you to focus on key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools.
Step to use Hevo Data’s Webhooks Functionality
Hevo Data focuses on two simple steps to get you started and helps you set up Salesforce Webhook Integration without any hassle as follows:
Step 1: Creating a Data Pipeline
Create a new Data Pipeline for your Salesforce data. Select Webhooks as the medium to transfer data from your data source. In case you already have a Data Pipeline set up, you need to switch to a new Webhooks URL, as the old Webhooks URL will get depreciated on 31st October 2020.
Step 2: Configuring the Data Source
Hevo Data will now provide you with an HTTP endpoint, that you need to specify in your Salesforce account, through which Salesforce can push data via a Webhook to the data warehouse of your choice.
Connect Hevo Data with Salesforce by providing your credentials such as account Id and password, along with a name for your data source. You can also specify the events that you want to transfer from Salesforce.
Once you’ve provided all the details, a new dialogue box will now open up, where you need to provide your Salesforce credentials to authorise Hevo to access your data as follows:
You can now start transferring your data in the JSON format of size up to 16 MB, to a data warehouse of your choice using Hevo Data’s Webhook Functionality, without writing any code. Hevo will automatically perform data refreshes to ensure that you always have up-to-date data in your data warehouse.
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo with its strong integration with 100+ sources, allows you to transfer data quickly & efficiently. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Simplicity: Using Hevo is easy and intuitive, ensuring that your data is exported in just a few clicks.
- Completely Managed Platform: Hevo is fully managed. You need not invest time and effort to maintain or monitor the infrastructure involved in executing codes.
- Webhook Security: Webhooks deliver data to a public URL. To ensure secure data transfer, Hevo uses SSL encryption and accepts only 128-bit encrypted data, and allows transferring data only through your Salesforce URL.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
This article teaches you how to successfully set up Salesforce Webhook Integration. It also provides in-depth knowledge about the concepts behind every step to help you understand and implement them efficiently. This method, however, can be challenging especially for a beginner & this is where Hevo saves the day. Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps you transfer data from a source of your choice like Salesforce in a fully-automated and secure manner without having to write the code repeatedly for free. Hevo with its strong integration with 100+ sources & BI tools, allows you to not only export & load data but also transform & enrich your data & make it analysis-ready in a jiffy.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for the 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Tell us about your experience of working with Salesforce Webhook Integration! Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.