Salesforce is a powerful cloud CRM tool that helps you maintain and manage your customer interactions across your organization. It also offers a myriad of other cloud-based technologies including Internet of Things (IoT) infrastructure, Data Analytics products, and Marketing products. There are many tools in the market that can be used to transfer data from Salesforce. This blog post lists down some of the highly-rated Salesforce ETL tools that are available in the market.
However, before getting into the specifics, we will introduce you to ETL and its applications.
Table of Contents
What is ETL?
ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) is the process of obtaining data from a single or varying location(s), cleaning it to fit your specifications, and loading it into a data repository. ETL tools are used to simplify and expedite this process. Inaccuracies or inefficiencies with organization-wide ETL practices can have severe consequences as they can render your data insights meaningless.
What are the benefits of Salesforce ETL?
Listed below are the benefits of ETL in Salesforce:
- Improved Insights: Siloed data has much lesser value than Data Integrated from multiple sources. Salesforce stores important information about your customers, which when integrated with data from other platforms helps you gain critical insights, patterns, or trends.
- Increased Efficiency: Data Integration lets you pull data in an automated and unified fashion from new applications as and when they are onboarded. This plays an important role in saving time at the time of reporting and analysis since there is no longer a need to log in to multiple systems to gather data.
- Better Data Quality: Data Integration provides a single source of truth, discarding any data inconsistencies that may arise. This helps build higher confidence in the data because conflicts are resolved during the integration process.
Best Salesforce ETL Tools
Below is a well-researched list of Salesforce ETL tools. This list was compiled by taking into account factors like the tool’s suitability for use with Salesforce, its user interface, flexibility, and reliability. You may use the navigation links below to traverse to your point of interest and choose the best Salesforce ETL tool for your business.
1) Hevo Data
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline reliably replicates data from any data source with zero maintenance. You can get started with Hevo’s 14-day Free Trial and instantly move data from 150+ pre-built integrations comprising a wide range of SaaS apps and databases. What’s more – our 24X7 customer support will help you unblock any pipeline issues in real-time.
Get started for Free with Hevo
With Hevo, fuel your analytics by not just loading data into Warehouse but also enriching it with in-built no-code transformations. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
- Near Real-Time Replication: Get access to near real-time replication on All Plans. Near Real-time via pipeline prioritization for Database Sources. For SaaS Sources, near real-time replication depend on API call limits.
- In-built Transformations: Format your data on the fly with Hevo’s preload transformations using either the drag-and-drop interface or our nifty python interface. Generate analysis-ready data in your warehouse using Hevo’s Postload Transformation.
- Monitoring and Observability: Monitor pipeline health with intuitive dashboards that reveal every stat of pipeline and data flow. Bring real-time visibility into your ETL with Alerts and Activity Logs.
- Reliability at Scale: With Hevo, you get a world-class fault-tolerant architecture that scales with zero data loss and low latency.
Hevo provides Transparent Pricing to bring complete visibility to your ETL spend.
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
Dataloader is a very popular Salesforce ETL tool for transferring data into and out of Salesforce. Dataloader enables you to securely and quickly move unlimited amounts of data in and out of Salesforce. In addition to its free version, Dataloader offers a professional and enterprise version at $99/month/user and $299/month/user respectively.
- It has a very navigable and easy-to-use interface. It also seamlessly maps to Salesforce fields.
- Dataloader also enables group-related objects to hasten your data pulls, search filters, and automatic Data Extraction Scheduling.
- You don’t need to create an account for Dataloader and use your Salesforce account credentials to sign in.
- Dataloader also provides support for large file exports of up to 5 million records.
3) Talend Open Studio
Talend Open Studio is an open-source Salesforce ETL platform that enables you to integrate your Salesforce data into your existing Data Warehouse environment. Open Studio is free to download. However, Talend also offers enterprise versions that are flexibly priced depending on the use cases and size of your organization.
- File management component that enables you to compress, open, move, and decompress without scripting.
- Open Studio has a unified Eclipse IDE which provides data integration features like aggregate, sort, merge, enrich, map, etc. to help you develop your data integration jobs.
- It has a simple and fairly straightforward Graphical User Interface.
- Performs data transformation functions like data cleansing very well.
4) Jitterbit Data Loader for Salesforce
Jitterbit Data Loader for Salesforce is a free, open-source Data Integration platform that automates the process of ingesting and extracting data to Salesforce.
- Provides support for upsert, insert, create, delete, hard delete, query, and bulk loading.
- Jitterbit Data Loader is designed for Salesforce administrators and so could potentially relieve the burden on your IT administration team.
- Scheduling feature that enables you to easily automate data uploads to Salesforce.
- Jitterbit also provides monitoring, management, and reporting functionality to help you track your data loads.
Configero is a free web-based Salesforce ETL Tool for loading data into Salesforce. Configero speeds up the process of inserting, upserting, updating, and deleting your salesforce data.
- Configero provides external ID support and also enables users to save field mappings.
- Has multi-column filtering and mass-editing which allows users to perform final edits before they load their data into Salesforce.
- The advanced error-handling feature allows direct and efficient handling of errors.
- Configero’s interface comprehensively displays the mapping step allowing users to see it before the data is finally loaded.
6) Informatica Cloud Data Wizard
Informatica Cloud Wizard is a Salesforce ETL native app. It lets you sync Salesforce objects and custom objects with CSV etc. There is no cost for using the data wizard.
- Provides prebuilt integration templates and automatic Data Mapping.
- Informatica Cloud Data Wizard also provides support for Salesforce custom objects.
- Has in-app integration which enables users to carry out jobs more efficiently.
- Provides support for advanced data transformations that can be done on the fly by Salesforce administrators.
7) Salesforce Data Loader
Salesforce Data Loader (formerly Apex Data Loader) is a Java-based Salesforce ETL tool that helps you process bulk inserts, deletes, and updates on your data objects. Data Loader is known for being a particularly fast option when it comes to importing and exporting Salesforce data. There is no charge for Data Loader.
- Provides an inbuilt CSV file viewer.
- It has a Graphical Interface that is easy to use once users become familiar with it.
- Provides support for importing and exporting up to 5 million rows of data.
- Has support for both local and custom objects.
Actiondesk is a Spreadsheet application that natively integrates with all your business applications and Salesforce. Actiondesk enables you to import and refresh your Salesforce data. Its Spreadsheet layout makes it very easy to use and access but it may lack the functionality of many of the aforementioned Salesforce ETL tools. Actiondesk’s pricing starts at $150/month for its professional offering, $350/month for its business offering, and $1500/month for its enterprise offering.
- The Spreadsheet interface makes it very easy to use.
- It allows you to operate independently from your IT infrastructure team.
- It automatically refreshes your data ensuring that you have access to the latest records (as often as every 5 minutes).
- Simple Spreadsheet functions like pivot tables can be used to assist with your Data Transformations.
Skyvia is a Cloud Application that helps with Data Integration, Backup, and Data Management. Skyvia is developed by Devart and does not require any coding to complete your data integration activities. Skyvia has a free version (for up to 5000 records) and paid plans that range from $19 to $999 per month. It helps you perform ETL with Salesforce easily.
- Provides secure Cloud to Cloud Data Backup which requires only a few clicks.
- It provides code-free and fast-import, export, synchronization, replication, migration, etc. between Salesforce and Databases like Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, etc.
- Has a simple GUI that should be easy to navigate even for programmers and non-programmers alike.
- Provides support for both automatic and manual data pulls.
The article introduced you to Salesforce, ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load), and the best Salesforce ETL Tools of 2021. It gave a comprehensive description of each of these Salesforce ETL Tools. With the complexity involves in Manual Integration, businesses are leaning more towards Automated and Continous Integration.
This is not only hassle-free but also easy to operate and does not require any technical proficiency. In such a case, Hevo Data is the right choice for you! It will help simplify the Marketing Analysis. Hevo Data supports platforms like Salesforce, etc., for free.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to take Hevo for a ride? Sign Up and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
What are your thoughts on the Salesforce ETL tools discussed in this blog post? Which is the Salesforce ETL tool of your choice? Let us know in the comments section below how you would perform ETL with Salesforce.