ShipStation is a fast and simple web-based Shipping software that makes your life easier. It helps online sellers to save time and money through efficient Shipping. On the other hand, Magento(Adobe Commerce) is one of the most widely used E-commerce shopping carts in the market. It is a great tool for online retailers that want to quickly set up a store and add products and shipping options. Thus, an integration between Magento(Adobe Commerce) and ShipStation can be very useful.
This article will guide you through the process of setting up ShipStation Magento(Adobe Commerce) Integration using 2 simple steps. It will provide you with a brief overview of ShipStation and Magento(Adobe Commerce) with their key features. You will also explore the key benefits of setting up ShipStation Magento(Adobe Commerce) Integration in further sections. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
You will have a much easier time setting up your ShipStation Magento(Adobe Commerce) Integration if you have gone through the following prerequisites:
- An active ShipStation account.
- An active Magento(Adobe Commerce) account.
Introduction to ShipStation
Shipping is part of an order fulfillment process. ShipStation is a web-based software that makes order processing and Shipping efficient. It handles orders from the top online marketplaces and shopping carts using the top carriers. It also helps online sellers to save time and money through efficient Shipping.
ShipStation is suitable for all sizes, including small, medium, and large enterprises. It can help you handle all of your shipping needs, whether you have a small Etsy business that ships a few dozen products per month or multiple Warehouses across the country that ship thousands of packages every day.
Key Features of ShipStation
Some of the key features of ShipStation include:
- Robust Order Management: ShipStation’s robust Order Management features allow E-commerce businesses to spend less time on minor tasks and more time on more vital elements of their business.
- Automation: By utilizing ShipStation’s Customizable Shipping Presets, you can automate repetitive tasks, eliminate manual data entry, and reduce the chance of human errors.
- Mobile-Friendly: ShipStation also has a mobile app that allows you to get real-time access to order details and tracking information from your smartphone or tablet.
To know more about ShipStation, visit this link.
Introduction to Magento(Adobe Commerce)
Magento(Adobe Commerce) is an E-commerce platform that enables sellers to make money online by selling their products. With Magento(Adobe Commerce), you don’t need to set up a physical store for your business. You only have to list your items on your Magento(Adobe Commerce) store for customers to find them. The customers can make orders after which you can supply them with the ordered products. It also comes with a Marketplace full of apps that you can use to extend your online store’s functionality.
Magento(Adobe Commerce) is also considered as a Content Management System (CMS) for developing online businesses in the world, thanks to its robust and scalable architecture. It offers a wealth of out-of-the-box features that allows you to customize your store, effortlessly integrate third-party solutions, and create unique consumer experiences.
Key Features of Magento(Adobe Commerce)
Some of the key features of Magento(Adobe Commerce) include:
- SEO Optimized: Magento(Adobe Commerce) broadens your customer base and improves your search engine visibility. It is designed to help your website rank better in search engines by offering SEO (Search Engine Optimization) optimized content.
- Customizable Themes: It features a theme store with a wide range of themes for all types of businesses and industries. These themes make creating an E-commerce site much easier.
- User-Friendly Interface: The User Interface is simple and elegant. The navigation tools have been made more user-friendly and simple to use.
To know more about Magento(Adobe Commerce), visit this link.
Hevo Data helps you directly transfer data from Magento(Adobe Commerce) and 100+ other data sources (including 40+ free sources) to Business Intelligence tools, Data Warehouses, or a destination of your choice in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo takes care of all your data preprocessing needs required to set up the integration and lets you focus on key business activities and draw a much more powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set Up ShipStation Magento(Adobe Commerce) Integration
In this section, you will get to know how to set up an integration between ShipStation and Magento(Adobe Commerce). For you to integrate ShipStation and Magento(Adobe Commerce), you should begin by setting up your Magento(Adobe Commerce) account. Once done, you can continue to connect your Magento(Adobe Commerce) store to ShipStation. Let’s discuss the steps necessary to perform a ShipStation Magento(Adobe Commerce) Integration:
Step 1: Setting Up the Magento(Adobe Commerce) Plugin
Before connecting your Magento(Adobe Commerce) site to ShipStation, you should install and enable the Auctane Extension, and generate an API (Application Programming Interface) key that ShipStation will use for communication with your store. The following steps will help you to install the extension and generate an API key:
- Download the Auctane-ShipStation module by clicking here. Extract and store the contacts in the Magento(Adobe Commerce) folder.
- Log into your Magento(Adobe Commerce) site as the Administrator user.
- Click System from the left, and then choose Cache Management as shown below.
- Choose Flush Magento(Adobe Commerce) Cache.
- Click System from the left, and then select Web Setup Wizard as shown below.
- Choose Extension Manager or Component Manager then proceed with Manage your components.
- Open the Auctane_API module from the Listing then select Enable from the Actions column.
- Click Next, and then Enable.
- Click through Stores->ShipStation->General Settings. Next, click “Generate and save api key” as shown below.
You can copy the generated API key and store it in a safe location.
Step 2: Connecting Magento(Adobe Commerce) Store to ShipStation
You have successfully set up the Auctane module in your Magento(Adobe Commerce) store and created an admin user. Now, you will have to perform the ShipStation Magento(Adobe Commerce) Integration by connecting your Magento(Adobe Commerce) store to ShipStation. Follow the steps given below:
- Log into ShipStation.
- Click the settings gear to open the account settings page.
- Click Selling Channels from the sidebar on the left and choose Store Setup as shown below.
- Click the Connect a Store or Marketplace button located on the right.
- Scroll downwards as you look for Magento(Adobe Commerce). Alternatively, you can simply search for it.
- Click the Select Magento(Adobe Commerce) Version dropdown button and choose Version 2.3+ as shown below.
- Enter the API key that you generated in the previous section.
- Enter the URL of your Magento(Adobe Commerce) store in the connection window. If possible, use HTTPS. You can find the store URL at Stores > Configuration > General > Web > Base URLs (Secure).
- Click the Test Connection button. This should tell you whether the above steps were successful or not.
- Adjust the custom status mappings if necessary.
Note: Most of the Magento(Adobe Commerce) status mappings will be filled automatically. However, if you choose to use custom status mappings, make sure that you update them in the status fields that are provided.
- In the connection window, choose options for Invoice after shipping, Product Weight Units, and Enable Partial Shipping as shown below.
The Warehouse Location Attribute field should have been configured as a custom attribute in Magento(Adobe Commerce). If you configure it later as a custom attribute, you should reconfigure your store connection in ShipStation, otherwise, the attribute will be imported incorrectly.
- Click the Connect button at the bottom to activate the store in ShipStation.
After completing the above steps, you have successfully set up your ShipStation Magento(Adobe Commerce) Integration. Moreover, the settings page of the store will be opened. You can then set specific settings like notification preferences, branding, and product handling.
Note: Magento(Adobe Commerce) allows you to manage multiple stores from one Magento(Adobe Commerce) account. In such a case, you may need to perform a ShipStation Magento(Adobe Commerce) Integration and ensure that the integration is for one, specific Magento(Adobe Commerce) store. You can achieve this using a special Store URL that comes with a Magento(Adobe Commerce) Store View Code parameter.
Key Benefits of Setting Up ShipStation Magento(Adobe Commerce) Integration
Some of the key benefits of setting up ShipStation Magento(Adobe Commerce) Integration include:
- ShipStation Magento(Adobe Commerce) Integration will help you to sync all orders from your Magento(Adobe Commerce) store and start to print labels from the major carriers in just a few clicks.
- ShipStation Magento(Adobe Commerce) Integration will help you to import all the orders from your store, process them with automation rules, and ship them with the best carrier and rates to meet your needs.
- ShipStation Magento(Adobe Commerce) Integration will make it easy and efficient for Magento(Adobe Commerce) users to ship items to their customers.
In this article, you learned how to set up ShipStation Magento(Adobe Commerce) Integration. It also gave an overview of ShipStation and Magento(Adobe Commerce) with their key features. You also learned about the key benefits of setting up ShipStation Magento(Adobe Commerce) Integration. You are now in the position to create your ShipStation Magento(Adobe Commerce) Integration.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Businesses can use automated platforms like Hevo Data to set the integration and handle the ETL process. It helps you directly transfer data from Magento(Adobe Commerce), Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence tools, or any other desired destination in a fully automated and secure manner without having to write any code and will provide you with a hassle-free experience.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of setting up ShipStation Magento(Adobe Commerce) Integration in the comments section below!