The surge of E-Commerce means that sellers now have the option to display their products online. This has driven the need to create functional and appealing Online Stores. However, setting up an Online Store requires strong technical knowledge and resources which not everyone possesses. A hosted platform like Shopify enables online merchants to build Shopping Websites with great quality, simplicity, and efficiency. Moreover, this platform does not require you to perform complex programming tasks and offers you great results at affordable prices.
Another tool that is widely used to develop Websites is Squarespace. It provides users with a collaborative Content Management System (CMS). Squarespace offers modern templates to help you customize your Website. Nowadays users are looking to set up the Squarespace Shopify Integration to combine the functionalities and tools of these 2 platforms. This can provide numerous benefits to your business and boost your online presence.
This article introduces Squarespace and Shopify and elaborates on their key features. It also provides a step-by-step guide to set up the Squarespace Shopify Integration. Read along to learn these steps and understand the benefits of combining these 2 in-demand tools!
Table of Contents
To set up the Shopify Integration with Squarespace, you must have:
- A Squarespace account.
- A Shopify account.
- A clear idea of your product prices and details.
Introduction to Squarespace
Squarespace is an all-in-one Cloud-based solution for users looking to create and grow their businesses through their Website without learning how to code. It is one of the most popular Website Builders and Content Management Systems (CMS) available today. A CMS allows you to design and build your Website and set options to customize it according to your requirements. Moreover, this tool offers built-in E-commerce and marketing features that can help you set up your online business. If you want an easy way to implement your Website building task, Squarespace is the right tool for you.
Key Features of Squarespace
The following features are responsible for the popularity of Squarespace:
- Search Engine Friendly: The Squarespace platform is designed in such a way that you can create engaging Websites and run them without being an expert in Coding or Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). Moreover, it is mobile-friendly, generates a sitemap, allows you to put alt tags to images, and add meta descriptions on pages. All of this will help your Website pages to be prioritized in search engine results.
- Data Analysis Services: Squarespace provides Website analytics as an easy-to-use option. Also, for many Website owners and marketers, it makes key data accessible in a presented format, allowing them to make more informed business decisions. Furthermore, to use Google Analytics, Squarespace has a built-in integration that can connect it to your site.
- Automated Maintainance: There is no need to worry about backend maintenance. Squarespace is cloud-based, so there’s no need to download, back up, or update the Website to the latest software. This is all automated by the platform for you.
- Easy to Use: It only takes a couple of hours to learn the basics of this tool, even if you’re not from a technical background. Also, it provides simple drag and drop Website builder options with customizable templates.
To learn more about Squarespace, visit here.
Introduction to Shopify
Shopify is a well-known E-Commerce platform that caters to every need for your Online Store. This secure software acts as a complete package for your E-Commerce site and allows you to easily create different pages with a built-in online editor. Shopify is a comprehensive E-Commerce Website development platform that helps users build their shopping Websites. It is simple to use and you do not require a strong technical background to work with it. This makes Shopify a quick and convenient way to build your Online Store. Moreover, it provides you with the integration of support for local language and customization of your business platform.
Key Features of Shopify
Shopify provides the following features to its users:
- Simplify the Designing Process: Using Shopify you can seamlessly design your E-Commerce Website as it takes care of most of the required functionalities. Shopify provides more than 70 themes and in 50 languages to design E-Commerce Website design services.
- SEO Tools: Shopify provides SEO (Search Engine Optimization) services such as assigning the titles and meta tags to your pages. It also offers a range of plugins like SEO Plugin, SEO Plus, etc., that can help you increase your Sales by reporting issues on your site and fixing them.
- High Speed: Shopify is great when it comes to fast load and response times. This will enhance your site experience and will also improve your Google ranking, as Google prefers to list sites faster to load slower sites.
- Security: Shopify protects your site from hackers and encrypts all stored data. Moreover, Shopify is Level- 1 PCI compliant, so you can give the option to your customers to pay using their cards right from the very beginning.
To learn more about Shopify, visit here.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to Load Data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, its and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources like Shopify for free and loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse, enriches the data, and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without writing a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set Up the Squarespace Shopify Integration
You can set up the Squarespace Shopify Integration by creating a Shopify Buy Button. It allows you to integrate your Shopify store on any Squarespace page using a small code. Moreover, the Squarespace Shopify Integration provides you the option to customize the Buy Button and the purchased design view.
Step 1: Add Products to your Shopify Account
Sign in to your Shopify account and add the desired products by navigating to the “Products” menu and clicking on the “Add Products” option. This is shown in the below image.
Step 2: Create a Button to Buy Products
Activate the Buy Button Sales Channel as shown in the below image, then follow the instruction shown on your screen to create and style your Buy Button code
Step 3: Edit and Customize your Buy Button
You can select 3 layout options for your Buy Button. The difference between them lies in the amount of information included in the Squarespace Shopify Integration:
- Basic Layout: The required embed code for this layout will simply create a button for whatever product you choose but it does not include an image. Thus if you have product images on Squarespace and wish to place “Add to Cart” buttons under each one to make them available for purchase, this is the right layout for you.
- Classic Layout: This has an embed code that offers a product image and a price next to the Buy Button for each product. This layout, however, doesn’t provide any product details. So, in the Shopify Squarespace Integration, it is used for embedding on pages where you wish to generate a quick overview of a product.
- Full Layout: This will create a layout that more closely emulates a full product detail page. It will provide an image, price, and description of the product alongside the “Add to Cart” button.
Depending upon your requirements, create a code in Shopify to design a Buy Button for your Squarespace Shopify Integration as shown in the below image.
To learn more about writing this embed code, visit here.
Step 4: Embed the Layout Code in a Code Block
To customize your layout in the Squarespace Shopify Integration, you must use the code block provided on Squarespace and copy the code from Shopify to this code block as shown in the below image.
This code can be of the following 2 types:
- Checking In Entire Collections (Buy Collection Button): You can use the code block to embed the entire collection of products to Squarespace at once. If you own a large Online Store, this approach will benefit your Squarespace Shopify Integration because it automatically includes all products and variations of your products.
- Integrate Individual Products (Product Buy Button): You can also generate integration codes for individual Shopify products one by one. This approach of Squarespace Shopify Integration, allows you to include all product variants or select only the product variants that you want to include in your product Buy Button.
That’s it! Your Squarespace Shopify Integration is ready.
Benefits of Squarespace Shopify Integration
Squarespace Shopify Integration combines the qualities of these 2 platforms to provide you with the following benefits:
- As Squarespace offers 4 pricing options, Shopify adds one more option, so allowing you to choose from 5 plans. Although the Shopify plans are more expensive than Squarespace’s, they do offer more E-commerce features to build an Online Store. Moreover, the Squarespace Shopify Integration provides you with the flexibility required to execute different plans for different projects.
- It allows you to customize your user view according to your business plans. The Shopify tool allows you to customize its theme, at the level of sections and blocks. Also, it enables you to Print pages when using its blogging platform. These 2 functionalities are reflected in the Squarespace platform when the Squarespace Shopify Integration is in place.
- Shopify being a pure E-commerce builder, as compared to Squarespace( which was designed to build non-commercial Websites), is better suited if you want to build a more advanced Online Store. Thus by setting up the Squarespace Shopify Integration, a wide range of features like simple content editors, out-of-the-box workspace, built-in E-commerce features, drag-and-drop authoring tools, etc. will be available to you even in your Squarespace account.
This blog discussed Squarespace and Shopify along with their key features. It also explained the steps that you can follow to set up your Squarespace Shopify Integration easily. Furthermore, it also listed down the benefits that you will experience by connecting these 2 tools.
Now, building your E-Commerce Website and providing great customer service will no longer be a time-consuming and expensive task. The Squarespace Shopify Integration automates most of these tasks and enhances your customer’s journey, making them loyal to you in the long run.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
You may want to go one step further and perform an analysis of the Shopify data. This will require you to transfer data from the Shopify account to a Data Warehouse using various complex ETL processes. Hevo Data will automate your data transfer process, hence allowing you to focus on other aspects of your business like Analytics, Customer Management, etc. This platform allows you to transfer data from 100+ multiple sources like Shopify for free to Cloud-based Data Warehouses like Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, etc. It will provide you with a hassle-free experience and make your work life much easier.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your understanding of the Squarespace Shopify Integration in the comments below!