Table of Contents
Introduction to Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a digital marketing automation provider, integrated inside the Salesforce ecosystem, that helps marketers understand their customers better. Using Salesforce Marketing Cloud, marketers can get a unified vision of their customers by bringing together data from multiple sources. By combining data with the Einstein tool, customer interactions can be organized using artificial intelligence.
Marketing Cloud allows marketers to have two-way, real-time interactions with customers. It allows marketers to create tailor-made content for their customers in the form of ads, emails, or user communities.
Marketing Cloud uses tools like Journey Builder, to create tailor-made customer journeys through multiple channels, Email Studio and Social Media Studio for email marketing campaigns and social media marketing campaigns respectively. Other tools like Mobile Studio, Audience Studio, Advertising Studio, Interaction Studio, etc. make Marketing Cloud a very versatile tool.
Hevo offers a faster way to move data from databases or SaaS like Salesforce applications into your data warehouse for Free to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.
GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Real-time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources (including 30+ Free sources) that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Security: Hevo is SOC II, GDPR, and HIPPA compliant. Hevo also enables top-grade security with end-to-end encryption, two-factor authentication, and more.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Simplify your Data Analysis with Hevo today!
SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL!
Data Extract Activity
Automation Studio’s Data Extract Activity is used to convert an XML file into a comma-delimited, tab-delimited, or pipe-delimited file to import it into your account.
Here are the steps to achieve that.
Steps to Extract Marketing Cloud Data
Here are the steps to extract Marketing Cloud Data:
Step 1: Click Create Activity.
Step 2: Click Data Extract.
Step 3: Add for the activity, a name, an external key, and a description.
Step 4: The activity needs to know what name to give to the file it creates. So, enter a naming pattern. These are the personalization strings to be used in your file name: %%Year%% %%Month%% %%Day%% %%Hour%% %%Minute%% %%Second%%
Use when you’ve set up a workflow to drop a file whose auto-generated filename matches a pattern into the file location.
For the date, include placeholders, or enter a static name. Note that they are case-sensitive.
Include a .zip extension for tracking extract and .csv to a data extension extract.
Step 5: Choose an extract type to determine the web-analytics tools used to interpret the extracted file. This will determine what data you can include in the file.
Step 6: Select an extract range to fix the date range that you want to include in the extract file for the information. This range can be 1 day, 7 days, or 30 days.
Step 7: Determine the type of file encoding to use.
Step 8: Choose the fields that appear in the data extract file:
Select a field name that you want to include.
If the data extract has a column delimiter field, insert the character that you want as a delimiter from ‘,’, ‘tab’, and ’|’.
Finally, you can see a summary of your data extract.
In this blog post, you have seen how to extract Marketing Cloud data using in-built integration. However, this process can be tedious and time-consuming. Also, for effective analytics, you need to get data from multiple sources. This is where Hevo Data can help you!
VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO EXPLORE HEVO
Hevo is a No-code Data Pipeline. It supports pre-built integrations from 100+ data sources at a reasonable price. With Hevo, you can integrate Google Analytics and Marketing Cloud data in real-time for free.
Want to take Hevo for a spin?
SIGN UP and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Tell us about your experience with Extracting Marketing Cloud Data! Share your thoughts in the comments section below!