Creative website designing and secured payment gateway solutions are the true enablers in today’s eCommerce business management processes. A WooCommerce-Square integration helps you achieve the same. Both are the industry standard products, making business owners’ lives easy.
This union enables eCommerce businesses to create a convenient and secured online payment environment for their customers. And with other benefits included — sales, inventory, and customer data management — in one centralized platform, business operations become smoother. Today’s eCommerce businesses love WooCommerce-Square integration because of the following three reasons:
- It helps your business grow faster: Square currently operates in 6 countries, three continents — the US, Canada, Australia, Japan, the UK, and Ireland. This gives businesses an option to expand their footprint into these regions too. Though convenience fee charges vary from region to region, the pricing is fair and low — not to mention quick and secured payment processes which are PCI-DSS compliant.
- Inventory management made easy: It’s easy to manage inventory with WooCommerce-Square Integration. You can manually set up product quantities sync-ups for effective inventory management at regular intervals.
- Fraud Mitigation with advanced security features: Square’s fraud detection methods account for all the security aspects behind its secured payment gateway solution. With its advanced AI & ML features, Square successfully detects fraud before it happens. 2-step verification, access permissions, and threat notifications also help maintain security, keeping your business safe from malicious software attacks and hostile user takeover scenarios.
Table Of Contents
- What is WooCommerce?
- What is Square?
- WooCommerce-Square Integration Process
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce, launched on September 27, 2011, is an open-source (free) eCommerce plugin for WordPress. WooCommerce transforms the default WordPress website into a full-fledged eCommerce website. Moreover, the plugin makes online selling easy, reflected in its market share percentage. In 2021, 29% of the top 1 million websites will use WooCommerce. The plugin has more than 27,000,000 downloads and millions of active users worldwide. Yes, it’s the popular choice, ahead of Shopify and Magento. But what makes WooCommece this popular? Let’s discuss some features in brief.
- It’s SEO friendly: Running on WordPress gives WooCommerce an advantage, but on the other hand, compliance with other plugins helps improve website performance in terms of organic growth, too. You can implement SEO best practices while uploading the product’s details, making the optimization process equitable and fast. See this blog post if you want to know more about how SEO works on WooCommerce, best practices, and prerequisites.
- Multiple extensions support is always better: WooCommerce’s extension library has more than 400 extensions that offer your website a wide variety of added functionality. The extensions can help you set up secured payment gateways and integrate business intelligence tools to help you with your marketing and budgeting efforts.
- Added flexibility while selling begets added opportunities for businesses: With the extended flexibility that WooCommerce offers, businesses can diversify their offerings — from selling physical products to selling software services and consultancy services.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline service provider offers a fully managed solution to set up a data pipeline for WooCommerce, and more than 100+ Data Sources (Including 40+ Free Sources). Hevo Data’s fault-tolerant architecture assures data security and consistency. In short, Hevo provides you with a truly efficient, fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and analysis-ready format.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Let’s look at some of the salient features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ integrations to SaaS platforms (Including Free Sources like Stripe & WooCommerce), files, Databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL Databases to name a few.
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
What is Square?
Square Inc. is a financial and digital payment services provider in the US, Canada, Australia, Japan, the UK, and Ireland. Former CEO of Twitter, Jack Dorsey, along with Jim McKelvey, launched the company in 2009. Now traded as a public company on NY Stock Exchange, in 2020, Square Inc recorded USD 9.49 billion in revenue. In a nutshell, the company develops ‘point-of-scale‘ software that helps businesses with secured, reliable online transactions. Also, the company offers analytics, feedback, financial, and marketing services, too. Now, let’s see how Square Inc’s offerings/features assist you, from managing payments in specific to envisioning a holistic identity for your eCommerce business.
- Fast payment services: Square has the most powerful payment processor. But, Square Inc. works as an aggregator, which means it functions with one big merchant account. So, expect a delay in payments to merchants — it takes 24 to 48 hours to process payments. And, Square also requires businesses to comply with its TOCs.
- Manage your inventory better: ECommerce businesses can leverage the Square for Retail app, an extended offering from Square, to provide your inventory team with a holistic view of inventory. The app generates, tracks, and transfers stock location information, manages purchase order, and receives notifications. It can help make business decisions quicker and business operations smoother.
- Seamless customer relationship management: The Square POS app automatically creates customer profiles while processing payments. With enough data, businesses can track customer behavior, engage with contextual intent based on buying history. Businesses also leverage Square Marketing, a Square product, to enhance marketing capabilities.
WooCommerce-Square Integration Process
Before heading into the tutorial section of the blog, let’s list out some prerequisites:
- Make sure you’ve downloaded the official Square Puglin from WooCommerce Marketplace
- Make sure the plugin is working correctly, enabled.
Let’s begin with the integration process…
Step 1: Connecting to Square
Once you are done with the installation process for WooCommerce Square, on the left side of WordPress’s dashboard, click on WooCommerce. Now, click on settings, then under ‘General,’ a pop-up will emerge, “Thanks for installing WooCommerce Sure! To get started, connect with square” — click on it to continue.
Now, start the connection process by logging into your Square account. After signing up, a permissions screen will appear. Click on ‘Allow’ to continue.
Now that the authentication process is complete click on the ‘Redirect me’ option to go back to your WordPress website.
Now, under WooCommerce’s settings, you will need to configure Square settings by selecting ‘Business location’ and ‘Product system of record,’ Checking onto the ‘Sync inventory’ and ‘Handle missing products’ checkboxes. Then click on ‘Save Changes to continue.
Step 2: Enable Square Payments in WooCommerce
Under WooCommerce Settings, click on the ‘Payments’ section, enable Square and click on ‘Set up.’
Now, click on the ‘Enable this gateway’ checkbox on the pop-up screen. And, under ‘Transaction Type’ select ‘Charge.’ Click on ‘Save Changes to continue.
Step 3: Let’s test if the integration is working or not
To check whether the WooCommerce-Square integration is working, do a transaction test using Square. Please select a product on your website. After adding it to the cart, select a payment option, preferably Credit Card. That’s it. The payment transaction will show in the transaction history if the integration is successful.
The WooCommerce-Square integration is a powerful upgrade over WooCommerce’s default payment gateway method. And, we hope the importance of which we were able to make clear with this tutorial article successfully. You can leverage this article to get an impeccable understanding of both the products and in-depth knowledge of the WooCommerce-Square integration process.
Wish you all the best with your integration experience. You can further expand your knowledge by reading these two resources, too:
On a side note, with an increase in number sales data generated from transactions multifold. And, a secure way to transfer data into a data warehouse is essential — that’s where Hevo comes in!
Hevo Data, a No-Code Data Pipeline can accurately transfer your data from a collection of sources like Square and WooCommerce into a Data Warehouses or a destination of your choice. Our services are reliable, efficient, and fully automated.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to Take Hevo for a ride? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and simplify your Data Integration process. Check out the pricing details to get a better understanding of which plan suits your best interest.
Share with us your experience of setting up the WooCommerce-Square Integration. Also, let us know in the comments section below!