HubSpot distinguishes itself as a Sales and Inbound Marketing platform that helps companies close customers, attract visitors, and convert leads. HubSpot achieves this by bringing together a variety of functionalities and allowing Sales and Marketing teams to manage all their activities in one place. These activities include Relationship Management, Social Media Sharing, Workflow Automation, Lead Capture, Performance Tracking, and Sales Pipeline Mapping among others.
This blog talks about the different HubSpot Objects in great detail. This includes the key features of Custom Objects HubSpot, Fields, and how to create them for your unique business case.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to HubSpot
- Understanding Custom Objects HubSpot
- Steps to Create Custom Objects HubSpot
- Steps to Create HubSpot Custom Fields
Introduction to HubSpot
As mentioned above, HubSpot provides tools for your Inbound Marketing Campaign, along with an Inbound Sales dashboard. This makes the transfer of leads from Marketing to Sales seamless, supported by the immensely integrated HubSpot CRM. HubSpot also houses CMS software that allows its users to build, optimize, and host websites directly through the platform. Here are a few benefits of using HubSpot for your needs:
- Closed-Loop Reporting: HubSpot’s CRM offers a vast array of Sales tools that also support closed-loop reporting from new lead to evangelist or customer.
- App Integrations: HubSpot integrates with various partners to offer its customers a seamless experience. You can integrate any app of your choice from Slack and Shopify to SurveyMonkey pretty easily with HubSpot’s platform.
- Extensive User Support and Training: HubSpot runs numerous HubSpot User Groups that give you the best chance to learn about the best practices about Inbound Marketing and network with fellow HubSpotters. HubSpot also offers online training through projects, courses, certifications, and software training.
Key offerings of HubSpot alongside associated features are summarized as follows:
- Sales Hub: HubSpot’s Sales Hub offers the innovative solution for all the Sales-related processes of enterprises e.g., live chat, deal & task management, document sharing, rep productivity performance, simple automation, predictive lead scoring, and custom reporting, etc.
- Service Hub: HubSpot’s Service Hub entails service-related features which are very intuitive and easy to use. They include conversation routing, reporting, ticketing, calling, customer feedback surveys, multiple ticketing pipelines, team management, and playbooks, etc.
- HubSpot CRM: HubSpot’s CRM is an integrated, Cloud-based, and free platform that helps enterprises to manage and organize customer relationships via intuitive and easy-to-use frameworks. Its key features include intuitive reports, supple contact management, intuitive dashboards and visualizations, to-the-point task and performance management, automated email and meeting scheduling, and automatic data capturing for lead generation, etc.
- Marketing Hub: HubSpot’s Marketing Hub houses the framework for all the Marketing Activities of enterprises e.g., social media integration, landing pages, email marketing, marketing automation, content management, blogging, traffic and conversion analytics, and search engine optimization, account-based marketing, and adaptive testing, etc.
Understanding Custom Objects HubSpot
Custom Objects HubSpot provides you with complete control and flexibility to match your CRM data to your business. It allows you to visualize the data you need to carry out your best work. You can use Custom Objects HubSpot to primarily organize information that can’t be classified under categories like companies, deals, or contacts.
Here are a few key features of Custom Objects HubSpot:
- Flexible & Easy to Use: You can easily embrace flexibility with the Custom Objects HubSpot by determining the properties of each object and deciding what other Custom Objects HubSpot can be associated with. Since Custom Objects HubSpot feels, looks, and acts like any other Object in HubSpot, you don’t need an adjustment period to figure it out.
- Simple Structure: Custom Objects HubSpot allows you to structure the data exactly the way you need it by leveraging the uniqueness of your business to boost your growth.
- Automation Capabilities: HubSpot allows you to harness the power of automation in HubSpot that is triggered by data from your Custom Objects HubSpot. You can automate virtually anything from sophisticated processes to simple tasks. HubSpot also allows you to easily create Custom Objects HubSpot-based Workflows similar to any other workflow available in HubSpot’s visual editor. You can even set enrollment triggers specific to your Custom Object’s properties to target virtually anything. This can come in handy if you are looking to create team alerts, send email campaigns, or update properties.
- Simple Compilation: You can also easily slice and dice your Custom Objects HubSpot data into reports that highlight exactly what you want to track. HubSpot allows you to compile your Custom Objects HubSpot reports into dashboards to summarize the insights that you care about.
Simplify Customer and Product Analytics using Hevo Activate
Hevo Activate helps you directly transfer data from Data Warehouses such as Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, etc., and various other sources to CRMs such as HubSpot, Salesforce, various SaaS applications, and a lot more, in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo Activate is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled securely and consistently with zero data loss.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Hevo Activate takes care of pre-processing data needs and allows you to focus on key business activities, to draw compelling insights into your product’s performance, customer journey, high-quality leads, and customer retention through a personalized experience.
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo Activate:
- Real-time Data Transfer: Hevo Activate, with its strong Integration with various sources, allows you to transfer data quickly & efficiently. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Secure: Hevo Activate has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled securely and consistently with zero data loss.
- Tremendous Connector Availability: Hevo Activate houses a large variety of connectors and lets you bring in data from numerous Data Warehouses and load it into Marketing & SaaS applications, such as Salesforce, HubSpot, Zendesk, Intercom, etc. in an integrated and analysis-ready form.
- Simplicity: Using Hevo Activate is easy and intuitive, ensuring that your data is exported in just a few clicks.
- Completely Managed Platform: Hevo Activate is fully managed. You need not invest time and effort to maintain or monitor the infrastructure involved in executing codes.
- Live Support: The Hevo Activate team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Users can leverage Hevo Activate to perform the following operations:
- Create User Segments: Creating user segments allows the Marketing and Sales teams to understand how resources should be utilized for different kinds of users. This allows teams to focus on channels that convert better and maximize their Return On Investment (ROI).
- Build 360 View of Customers: This can be used to understand each customer better and plan strategies accordingly to ensure maximum revenue. This information can also be leveraged to help Support teams prioritize Enterprise customers. Businesses can seamlessly sync all customer data into their support software and respond quicker with a holistic customer background.
- Sync Product Data into Sales CRM: Hevo Activate can be leveraged to get all product data in the CRM tool of choice, allowing businesses to track user activity easily. Users can be segmented based on their activity, and that information can be used to improve product adoption and prevent churns.
Steps to Create Custom Objects HubSpot
There are 4 Standard CRM Objects: Contacts, Deals, Companies, and Tickets. Apart from this, HubSpot also has defined a few objects, namely Calls and Products. Based on your need, you can define a Custom Object. You can also create properties for this Object and customize the associations between Custom Objects HubSpot and other Objects.
You can define a Custom Object through an API. You can also create new Custom Objects HubSpot by using workflows or manually with an import. This section will discuss the steps you can follow to create a Custom Object in HubSpot using the manual method:
- Step 1: Navigate to your contacts, companies, deals, or tickets index page in your HubSpot account. Next, click on the name of the index page in the upper left section. From the dropdown menu, choose your Custom Object. This will bring you to your Custom Objects index page.
- Step 2: Click on Create [Custom Object] in the upper right section. Next, you need to enter the property values for your new record and click on Create.
- Step 3: If you wish to import your Custom Object records, click on the Import option from the contacts, companies, deals, or tickets index page. Select the File from the Computer option and click on Next.
- Step 4: Similarly select One File followed by the Next button. Then, select One Object or Multiple Objects based on your file. Click Next to go to the next step.
- Step 5: Select your Custom Object Type. In case you’ve selected Multiple Objects, you have to select the other object types included in your import file. Click on Next to complete the import process.
Steps to Create HubSpot Custom Fields
You can use Properties to store data on HubSpot’s Standard CRM Objects, Products, and Custom Objects HubSpot. You can carry out the following operations on HubSpot Custom Fields:
- Edit Existing Properties.
- Create Custom Properties to store data on HubSpot’s objects.
- Export Your Properties for analysis.
- Create and Edit property groups to organize HubSpot’s properties.
- Grant specific teams or users access to edit a property and restrict others.
These are the steps you can follow to create HubSpot Custom Fields:
- Step 1: Click on the Settings icon in your HubSpot account. In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Properties.
- Step 2: Click on the Dropdown Menu in the Select an Object section and Choose [Object] Properties for the object you want to create a property for.
- Step 3: Click on the Create Property option in the upper right. In the right panel, you need to set up your property by providing the Group, Label, Description, and Object Type information and click on Next.
- Step 4: Click on the Field type dropdown menu and select a field type for this specific property. For the field types with different options like dropdown select, radio select field types, etc., you need to enter the different options for the property. This includes the In Forms, Label, Add an Option, Clear All, and Load Options fields. The property is included as an option for fields in your HubSpot bots, pop-up forms, and forms by default. You can clear the Show in Forms checkbox if you don’t want this property as an option. Click on Create to finish the process.
This blog talks about the different Custom Objects HubSpot in great detail. This includes the key features of HubSpot Custom Objects, Fields, and how to create them for your unique business case.
Integrating your customer data from a diverse set of sources into your CRM application such as HubSpot can be challenging and this is where Hevo Activate comes into the picture.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Activate allows you to automate your data transfer process, hence allowing you to focus on other aspects of your business like analytics, customer management, etc. It helps you directly move data from 100+ data sources such as Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, etc., to any SaaS application, CRMs such as HubSpot, etc., in a fully automated and secure manner without having to write the code repeatedly. It will make your life easier and make data migration hassle-free. It is user-friendly, reliable, and secure.
Want to take Hevo Activate for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich suite and the power of Hevo Activate first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.