When you use the Shopify platform to sell your products, the question of how to link your domain name to Shopify will undoubtedly arise. Shopify allows its customers to purchase a domain name. But, in case you have already owned a website domain from a different Domain Registrar (such as GoDaddy), you have the option to link it to Shopify and have it hosted there.
GoDaddy is the world’s largest and most trusted Domain Registrar, enabling people with creative ideas to prosper in the digital world. GoDaddy makes buying a domain name simple and helps you choose the perfect website domain for your company. It also provides other solutions such as Website Builder tools, SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Certification, Web Hosting, and many others. On the other hand, Shopify is an all-in-one platform to meet your all E-Commerce needs and helps you set up an online store with ease. It works with companies of all sizes to promote and sell their products through a variety of platforms, including Social Media, Websites, and many more.
This article will guide you through the process of setting up GoDaddy Shopify Integration using 3 simple steps. It will provide you with a brief overview of GoDaddy and Shopify with their key features. You will also explore the benefits of setting up GoDaddy Shopify Integration in further sections. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- An active GoDaddy account.
- An active Shopify account.
- Existing GoDaddy Domain Name.
- Working knowledge of E-Commerce Platforms.
Introduction to GoDaddy
GoDaddy is one of the popular Web Hosting companies around the globe that was founded by Bob Parsons in 1997. GoDaddy is well recognized for being the largest Domain Registrar in the market, and this remains its primary focus. However, it is also expanding its other services such as Website Builder, SSL Certificate, Marketing tools, and much more to provide its customers with more growth-oriented tools and services.
GoDaddy’s latest solution includes the Marketing tools and “GoDaddy Insight”, a smart learning system that leverages data to guide you towards your goals. They’ve also recently released “Websites + Marketing,” a new and enhanced website builder. GoDaddy’s “Website + Marketing” is an ideal solution for any entrepreneur or small business that is looking to get online without the long-winded hassles. Thus, with a multitude of solutions at your disposal, it should come as no surprise that GoDaddy excels in providing high-quality service to its customers.
Today, GoDaddy employs over 6,000 people worldwide, serves 17 million businesses, and is largely regarded as the world’s largest Web Hosting company. Furthermore, their annual revenue exceeds the GDP (Gross Domestic Product) of several developing countries.
Key Features of GoDaddy
GoDaddy has gained significant popularity in the market. Some of the key features of GoDaddy include:
- Dedicated Server Plans: GoDaddy provides dedicated service plans for customers who want the best performance, security, and control. You can choose GoDaddy’s dedicated server plans if you have a large site with thousands of monthly visits.
- Web Hosting: GoDaddy offers 4 different hosting options: Shared, Dedicated, Virtual Private Server, and Reseller. All 4 hosting services differ in Server Space, Data Center Infrastructure, Website Management Level, and additional resources.
- WordPress Hosting: WordPress is one of the most widely used Blogging platforms in the world, accounting for 17% of all websites. This type of hosting is suitable for those who run a WordPress-based website.
- E-Commerce Solutions: Users can utilize GoDaddy’s E-Commerce solution to create an online store. It’s basically a GoDaddy hosting plan with pre-installed WooCommerce.
To know more about GoDaddy, visit this link.
Introduction to Shopify
Shopify is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform that allows companies to set up online E-Commerce stores. Shopify differs from other popular CMS (Content Management System) platforms such as WordPress and Blogger in a way that it is exclusively used to create websites for E-Commerce businesses. Small and medium-sized businesses choose Shopify to expand their business as it gives them access to a broader audience that helps them boost sales.
E-Commerce businesses can use Shopify’s services to handle all of their Shipping and Payment needs. Shopify also provides access to thousands of pre-built website templates that users may edit to fit their needs. It enables businesses to sell and advertise their products through a multitude of platforms, including Facebook and Instagram. It also includes a number of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tools to help businesses boost their search engine rankings.
Shopify has gained immense popularity over time and today it serves more than 1 million customers in over 170 countries across the world. Shopify is the preferred platform for many industry-leading brands including FitBit, Penguin Books, Hyatt Hotel Corp, RedBull, Kylie Cosmetics, and others to meet their E-Commerce needs.
Key Features of Shopify
Shopify offers a wide range of features to improve the user experience. Some of the key features of Shopify include:
- Shopify Dropshipping: Shopify Dropshipping enables businesses to collaborate with wholesalers and lists third-party items on their websites. This is especially beneficial to small businesses who want to sell a wide range of products via their online stores.
- Shopify Analytics: Users get access to a comprehensive dashboard that displays all essential analytics data, such as Total Sales, Customer Actions, Demographics, and many more, allowing them to make quicker and more efficient business decisions.
- SEO Tools: Shopify provides a multitude of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tools that can help businesses boost their search engine rankings. It also supports a variety of third-party SEO integrations like Smart SEO, Booster SEO, AVADA SEO, and many more to assist users to improve the performance of their websites.
- Mobile-Friendly Design: Shopify’s Mobile-Friendly design allows customers to shop on E-Commerce sites using their smartphones and tablets. By simply downloading the Shopify app, you can log in to your Shopify account and begin managing your store from your mobile device.
To know more about Shopify, visit this link.
Hevo Data helps you directly transfer data from Shopify and 100+ other data sources (including 30+ free sources) to Business Intelligence tools, Data Warehouses, or a destination of your choice in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo takes care of all your data preprocessing needs required to set up the integration and lets you focus on key business activities and draw a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set Up GoDaddy Shopify Integration
Now that you have a basic grasp of both technologies let’s try to understand the procedure to set up GoDaddy Shopify Integration. This procedure requires you to have an existing GoDaddy domain name. Below are the steps you can follow to set up GoDaddy Shopify Integration:
Step 1: Log In to your Shopify account and Navigate to Domains
The first step in setting up your GoDaddy Shopify Integration is to log in to your Shopify account. In case, you don’t have an account, you can sign up for a Shopify account as shown below.
- Go to Online Store in your Shopify Admin, then click Domains as shown below.
Step 2: Connect your Existing GoDaddy Domain
Once you have navigated to the Domain section, you can follow the below-mentioned procedures to connect your existing GoDaddy domain:
- Click on Connect existing domain as shown below.
- Fill in the domain that you’d want to connect and then hit the Next button as shown below.
- Click on Connect automatically button.
Step 3: Log In to your GoDaddy Account and Click on Connect
After you have successfully connected your existing GoDaddy domain to the Shopify account, you need to log in to your GoDaddy account as shown below.
- Click Connect after you’ve logged in to your GoDaddy account as shown below.
With this, you have successfully set up your GoDaddy Shopify Integration. Now you can leverage GoDaddy Shopify Integration to manage all of your E-Commerce needs with ease.
Key Benefits of Setting Up GoDaddy Shopify Integration
Most companies seek to integrate GoDaddy and Shopify to boost their sales and make the best out of it. GoDaddy Shopify Integration has numerous benefits. Some of the key benefits of setting up GoDaddy Shopify Integration include:
- GoDaddy Shopify Integration allows store owners to manage all of their products and inventory from one place. This integration will allow you to effortlessly manage all of your shipping and payment needs as well.
- GoDaddy Shopify Integration enables businesses to do analytics on E-Commerce data, allowing users to make more informed business decisions. Users also get access to a comprehensive dashboard that displays all key analytics data, including Total Sales, Consumer Actions, Demographics, and more.
- GoDaddy Shopify Integration can help you build a smooth user experience. It enables users to purchase things without disrupting their experience.
- GoDaddy Shopify Integration offers a high level of Security and Reliability to its users. Moreover, these requirements are regularly nurtured through maintenance and upgrades to deliver the best overall experience.
These were some of the key benefits of setting up GoDaddy Shopify Integration.
In this article, you learned how to set up GoDaddy Shopify Integration. It also gave an overview of GoDaddy and Shopify with their key features. You also learned about the key benefits of setting up this integration. You can now create your GoDaddy Shopify Integration to obtain all of your E-Commerce needs in one place and get the most out of it.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Businesses can use automated platforms like Hevo Data to set the integration and handle the ETL process. It helps you directly transfer data from Shopify, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence tools, or any other desired destination in a fully automated and secure manner without having to write any code and will provide you with a hassle-free experience.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of setting up GoDaddy Shopify Integration in the comments section below!