Setting Up Asana QuickBooks Simplified: 2 Easy Steps
Asana and QuickBooks are both tools for managing and performing business tasks but the difference is that QuickBooks is good for only Accounting and Asana is good for the management of the business. For running a business efficiently these two features work simultaneously side by side and to perform these tasks on two different platforms becomes inconvenient and a little bit challenging.
Table of Contents
Therefore, in order to make it more convenient and fast, you will learn about the Asana QuickBooks. After which you will be able to perform all your business activities on just one platform. Let’s start by introducing you to the key features of both software first and then you will learn how to integrate them.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Asana
- Introduction to QuickBooks
- Steps to Set Up Asana QuickBooks Integration
- Benefits of Asana QuickBooks Integration
Introduction to Asana
Asana is a Software-as-a-Service platform for project management and team collaboration. It allows teams to manage projects and tasks in one central location. Asana is a Project Management tool that allows teams to create projects, allocate work to peers, set deadlines, and communicate about assignments in real-time. Other features include additional reporting tools, file attachments, calendars, and more.
In April 2012, Asana made its API available to third-party applications. Thanks to Asana’s open API, you can obtain data from it, input data into it, and create automation all from within the app. This allows clients or third-party developers to customize the Asana platform to meet the demands of their teams. Common use cases include automating repetitive tasks, chaining processes, automating task and project reporting, and syncing with databases or other tools.
To read more about Asana, visit the official website here.
Introduction to QuickBooks
QuickBooks is the most popular Accounting software for small businesses, and it’s used to track financial health and manage income and expenses. Customers can be billed, invoices may be paid, reports can be generated, and tax returns can be submitted. QuickBooks offers a variety of solutions that anyone, from a freelancer to a small business, may use.
QuickBooks offers a variety of choices, but we recommend QuickBooks Online for most new businesses. QuickBooks Online offers a 30-day free trial with no credit card required.
To explore the key features of QuickBooks, refer to QuickBooks Guide. Visit the official QuickBooks homepage here.
Simplify Data Analysis with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline, helps load data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources (including 40+ free data sources) and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination and enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled securely and consistently with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Simplify your Data Analysis with Hevo today!SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL!
Steps to Set Up Asana QuickBooks Integration
Asana QuickBooks Integration can be done in 2 easy steps by using a CSV file. At some time in your organization, you may need to upgrade, convert, or create a new CSV file. At that moment, the QuickBooks CSV import option will come in handy. In its entire form, CSV stands for Comma-Separated Values.
CSV files are simple text files that often include tabular data. As a result, in any file, commas are used to divide the fields. You’ll need the QuickBooks Import Excel and CSV tools installed on your computer to import transactions into QuickBooks from a CSV file. This toolkit includes the CSV and XLS examples folders, as well as the permitted fields and the Import from Excel and CSV documentation. In the CSV example folder, there are four samples of CSV files for each list type. The XLS sample folder contains a single Excel file with four worksheets illustrating each list type.
The allowed fields section is a reference guide that outlines which fields can be imported using CSV and Excel. Instructions, notes, and best practices are frequently included in the documentation for importing data from CSV and Excel using Asana QuickBooks Integration. You’re ready to start importing QuickBooks CSV files after you’ve downloaded and installed this toolkit.
Step 1: Export Data as CSV from Asana
To export data from Asana, you will have to first create your desired project. Follow the steps below:
- To create a project click on the “+” option on the right corner as shown below.
- Then name your project e.g. QuickBooks. When you open your project, go to the options of your project, where you will find the option of “Export/Print“.
- From there select the option of “CSV”. It will download a CSV file on your computer.
Step 2: Import CSV file to QuickBooks
The steps to import a CSV file into QuickBooks are as follows.
- Select ‘Banking‘ from the left menu.
- ‘Update drop-down‘ or ‘Upload transactions manually‘ are the options.
- Select ‘File to upload‘/’File Upload‘ from the drop-down menu.
- Then click ‘Browse‘ to find the.
- You’ve saved a CSV file.
- Choose ‘Next‘.
- Select the account to import from the QuickBooks account.
- Choose ‘Next‘.
- Depending on what you’re looking for.
- Map the fields in a CSV file.
- Click on ‘Next‘.
- Choose the CSV files you want to import.
- Click on ‘Next‘.
- Answer ‘Yes‘ to the notification’s phone number.
- After receiving confirmation of the import, click ‘Finish‘.
- The transactions imported from CSV files will appear in the Downloaded Transactions window.
Hurray! you have successfully exported data using the Asana QuickBooks set up.
Benefits of Asana QuickBooks Integration
Now that you have understood the steps to set up Asana QuickBooks Integration, let’s understand some of the benefits offered by this Integration:
- The Asana QuickBooks Integration is extremely useful to carry out business activities on one platform. This is the best way to integrate them easily and quickly.
- With Asana QuickBooks Integration, you can perform your different business activities and business accounting simultaneously in a very convenient and reliable way.
- This simple Asana QuickBooks Integration will help you to perform your business very efficiently as it will be providing you information on all your business activities as well as accounting details through QuickBooks.
In this article, you learned about Asana and QuickBooks. You learned the steps to set up Asana QuickBooks Integration. At the end of the article, you explored some of the key benefits of Asana QuickBooks Integration.
Extracting complex data from a diverse set of data sources like Asana can be a challenging task and this is where Hevo saves the day! Hevo Data offers a faster way to move data from Databases, SaaS Applications, Cloud Storage, SDKs, and Streaming Services into your Data Warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO EXPLORE HEVO
Want to take Hevo for a spin?
SIGN UP and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of setting up Asana QuickBooks in the comments section below!