As a data engineer, you hold all the cards to make data easily accessible to your business teams. Your marketing team just requested a HubSpot to Databricks connection on priority. We know you don’t wanna keep your data scientists and business analysts waiting to get critical business insights. As the most direct approach, you can go straight for the CSV files exporting if this is a one-time thing. Or, hunt for a no-code tool that fully automates & manages data integration for you while you focus on your core objectives.
Well, look no further. With this article, get a step-by-step guide to connecting HubSpot to Databricks effectively and quickly, delivering data to your marketing team.
Replicate Data from HubSpot to Databricks Using CSV
To start replicating data from Hubspot to Databricks, firstly, you need to export data as CSV files from Hubspot, then import the CSV files into Databricks and modify your data according to the needs.
- Step 1: Suppose you want to export your Contacts data from HubSpot. In such a scenario, navigate to Contacts > List. Now select the list you want to export and click Export. An export window will appear. You can select the properties you want to export and click Next. You can select the File format as CSV in the dropdown menu. Now click Export, and you will receive an email based on the email id you used to log in to your HubSpot account.
You can download by selecting Download your export file by navigating to your mail inbox.
- Step 2: In the Databricks UI, you must click on Data by navigating through the Sidebar menu. Click on Create Table, after you browse your files from the local computer, or simply drag your CSV files into the drop zone and upload them. Your path will look something like this: /FileStore/tables/<fileName>-<integer>.<fileType>. After uploading, your data can be simply viewed by clicking the Create Table with UI button.
- Step 3: You can modify and read the CSV data after you have uploaded the data in a table in Databricks.
- Click on Preview Table after selecting a Cluster. You can now read your CSV data in Databricks.
- In Databricks, the data types are string by default. You can change the data type to the appropriate one from a drop-down list.
- The data can be easily modified with the help of the left navigation bar. The left navigation bar has the following options; First Row Header, Multi-line, Table Name, File Type, and Column Delimiter
- Click on Create Table, once all the above parameters are configured.
- The CSV files can be read easily from the cluster where you have uploaded that file.
This 3-step process using CSV files is a great way to effectively replicate data from HubSpot to Databricks. It is optimal for the following scenarios:
- One-Time Data Replication: Your marketing team needs the HubSpot data only once in a long time.
- No Data Transformation Required: This method is ideal if there is a negligible need for data transformation and your data is standardized.
Automate the Data Replication process using a No-Code Tool
In the following scenarios, using CSV files might be cumbersome and not a wise choice:
- Frequent changes at Source Data: You will need to perform the entire process frequently to access updated data at your destination to achieve two-way sync.
- Time Consuming: If you’re exporting your data regularly, then the CSV method might not be a good fit since it takes time to replicate data using CSV files.
You can use automated pipelines to avoid such challenges. Here are the following benefits:
- Automated pipelines allow you to focus on core engineering objectives while your business teams can directly work on reporting without any delays or data dependency on you.
- Automated pipelines provide a beginner-friendly UI that saves the engineering teams’ bandwidth from tedious data preparation tasks.
For instance, here’s how Hevo, a cloud-based ETL tool, makes HubSpot to Databricks data replication ridiculously easy:
Step 1: Configure HubSpot as a Source
Authenticate and Configure your HubSpot Source.
Step 2: Configure Databricks as a Destination
In the next step, we will configure Databricks as the destination.
Step 3: All Done to Setup Your ETL Pipeline
Once your Hubspot to Databricks ETL Pipeline is configured, Hevo will collect new and updated data from Hubspot every five minutes (the default pipeline frequency) and duplicate it into Databricks. Depending on your needs, you can adjust the pipeline frequency from 5 minutes to an hour.
Data Replication Frequency
|Default Pipeline Frequency
|Minimum Pipeline Frequency
|Maximum Pipeline Frequency
|Custom Frequency Range (Hrs)
In a matter of minutes, you can complete this No-Code & automated approach of connecting HubSpot to Databricks using Hevo and start analyzing your data.
Hevo offers 150+ plug-and-play connectors(Including 40+ free sources). It efficiently replicates your data from HubSpot to Databricks, databases, data warehouses, or a destination of your choice in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo’s fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled securely and consistently with zero data loss. It also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
Hevo’s reliable data pipeline platform enables you to set up zero-code and zero-maintenance data pipelines that just work. By employing Hevo to simplify your data integration needs, you get to leverage its salient features:
- Fully Managed: You don’t need to dedicate time to building your pipelines. With Hevo’s dashboard, you can monitor all the processes in your pipeline, thus giving you complete control over it.
- Data Transformation: Hevo provides a simple interface to cleanse, modify, and transform your data through drag-and-drop features and Python scripts. It can accommodate multiple use cases with its pre-load and post-load transformation capabilities.
- Faster Insight Generation: Hevo offers near real-time data replication, so you have access to real-time insight generation and faster decision-making.
- Schema Management: With Hevo’s auto schema mapping feature, all your mappings will be automatically detected and managed to the destination schema.
- Scalable Infrastructure: With the increase in the number of sources and volume of data, Hevo can automatically scale horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with minimal latency.
- Transparent pricing: You can select your pricing plan based on your requirements. Different plans are clearly put together on its website, along with all the features it supports. You can adjust your credit limits and spend notifications for any increased data flow.
- Live Support: The support team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Take our 14-day free trial to experience a better way to manage data pipelines.
Get started for Free with Hevo!
What Can You Achieve by Migrating Your Data from HubSpot to Databricks?
Here’s a little something for the data analyst on your team. We’ve mentioned a few core insights you could get by replicating data from HubSpot to Databricks. Does your use case make the list?
- How likely is the lead to purchase a product?
- How do Paid Sessions and Goal Conversion Rates vary with Marketing Spend and Cash in-flow?
- How to identify your most valuable customer segments?
- Which demographic region contributes to the highest fraction of users?
Summing It Up
Exporting and importing CSV files is the right path for you when your marketing teams need data from HubSpot once in a while. However, a custom ETL solution becomes necessary for real-time data demands such as monitoring campaign performance or viewing the recent user interaction with your product or marketing channel. You can free your engineering bandwidth from these repetitive & resource-intensive tasks by selecting Hevo’s 150+ plug-and-play integrations.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Saving countless hours of manual data cleaning & standardizing, Hevo’s pre-load data transformations get it done in minutes via a simple drag n drop interface or your custom python scripts. No need to go to your data warehouse for post-load transformations. You can simply run complex SQL transformations from the comfort of Hevo’s interface and get your data in the final analysis-ready form.
Want to take Hevo for a ride? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and simplify your data integration process. Check out the pricing details to understand which plan fulfills all your business needs.
Share your experience of replicating data from HubSpot to Databricks! Let us know in the comments section below!