Digital marketing campaigns have become one of the most beneficial ways to promote products and services, as it allows organisations to reach out to more customers, markets, geographies, etc. It helps them build a vast and diverse customer base, thereby helping them boost customer retention, generation and profits. Running a fruitful or profitable marketing campaign requires businesses to have a holistic understanding of their customers, which allows them to optimise their content to make it more appealing, customer-centric and provide a more personalised experience. One such tool that can help organisations and marketers achieve this is Salesforce Pardot. It allows them to deliver dynamic and personalised content, offers and experiences to their customers, thereby boosting profits and customer growth.
This article aims at providing you with a step-by-step guide to help you set up Pardot Google Data Studio integration for a fruitful analysis of your marketing data. Upon a complete walkthrough of the content, you will be able to visualise your Salesforce Pardot data using Google Data Studio with ease! It will help you draw crucial insights about your marketing performance and customers. You will be able to provide an enhanced personalised experience to your customers, target them better, & carry out analytics on your customers’ entire journey across numerous channels.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Salesforce Pardot
- Introduction to Google Data Studio
- Methods to Set Up Pardot Google Data Studio Integration
Introduction to Salesforce Pardot
Salesforce Pardot is a robust B2B marketing automation & lead nurturing platform that helps marketers set up automated email-based sales and marketing campaigns. With Salesforce Pardot in place, marketers can keep track of the effectiveness and performance of their marketing campaigns & strategies across various channels by monitoring how a user interacts with their offerings such as ads, marketing emails, etc.
It houses an intuitive & easy to use UI and allows marketers to draw crucial insights about their customers/prospects by monitoring their entire journey taking into consideration numerous actions such as clicks, opens, emails views, forms, etc. Using Salesforce Pardot, marketers can further segment customers based on their behaviour, preferences and a lot more and target them better with personalised, dynamic and interactive offerings such as offers, ads, emails, landing pages, etc.
Key features of Salesforce Pardot
- Lead Management: Salesforce Pardot allows users to leverage dynamic content to carry out intuitive tasks such as nurturing(emails and journeys), lead qualification (scoring and grading) and segmentation (slicing and dicing).
- Lead Generation: The first step towards nurturing a lead is getting the user’s email address. Salesforce Pardot provides users with robust tools such as dynamic landing pages, drag-drop forms, etc., to collect data about the user.
- Email Marketing: Salesforce Pardot provides users with a base package, capable of supporting up to 10,000 emails addresses. It also allows users to scale along with their growing data needs by purchasing numerous blocks and set up dynamic customer-centric email campaigns.
- Reporting: Salesforce Pardot houses a diverse set of reporting tools that help measure communication and determine ROI with ease.
For further information on Salesforce Pardot, you can check the official website here.
Introduction to Google Data Studio
Google Data Studio is a powerful reporting analytics tool made available to users by Google, free of cost. It supports robust integration with almost 200+ connectors and allows users to create informative dashboards and business reports with ease. With Google Data Studio in place, you can generate business reports based on a mix of crucial KPIs from diverse data sources without writing code. It also provides users with a built-in dashboards template library, thereby helping them always track the right set of metrics.
For further information on Google Data Studio, you can check the official website here.
Ways to Visualise Salesforce Pardot Data using Google Data Studio
Using third-party connectors to integrate Salesforce Pardot and Google Data Studio is one such way. This method requires you to leverage a third-party Salesforce Pardot connector for Google Data Studio by providing it access to your Salesforce Pardot and Google accounts. You can then access Salesforce Pardot data directly to build compelling business reports and draw actionable insights.
A fully managed, No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data, helps you integrate data from Salesforce Pardot and numerous other marketing applications and visualise it in your desired BI tool such as Google Data Studio effortlessly. Hevo, with its minimal learning curve, can be set up in a matter of minutes making the users ready to load data without compromising performance. Its strong integration with various sources such as databases, files, BI tools, marketing applications, etc. gives users the flexibility to bring in data of all different kinds in a way that’s as smooth as possible, without having to write a single line of code.
Get started with Hevo today! Sign up here for a 14-day free trial!
- Working knowledge of Salesforce Pardot.
- Working knowledge of Google Data Studio.
- A Salesforce Pardot account.
- A Google account.
Methods to Set Up Pardot Google Data Studio Integration
There are multiple ways in which you can set up the Pardot Google Data Studio integration:
- Method 1: Using Third-Party Connectors to Set Up Pardot Google Data Studio Integration
- Method 2: Using Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline
Method 1: Using Third-Party Connectors to Set Up Pardot Google Data Studio Integration
Google Data Studio allows users to visualise their data and create informative & compelling business reports, thereby allowing them to draw crucial insights. It houses numerous in-built and third-party connectors to help users establish a connection with their desired data source and analyse their data with ease. However, currently, there is no connector developed by the Google team for connecting Salesforce Pardot to Google Data Studio, thus, you will have to make use of a third-party connector to achieve this.
To leverage any third-party Salesforce Pardot connector, you will have to grant access to it to access your Salesforce Pardot, and Google accounts to start visualising your data in Google Data Studio.
You can implement this using the following steps:
- Step 1: Signing In to Google Data Studio
- Step 2: Locating a Pardot Connector for Google Data Studio
- Step 3: Configuring the Pardot Google Data Studio Connector
Step 1: Signing In to Google Data Studio
To start setting up the Pardot Google Data Studio integration, you first need to login to Google Data Studio. To do this, go to the official website of Google Data Studio and log in with your credentials such as username and password. You can also log in using a signed in and associated Google account.
Step 2: Locating a Pardot Connector for Google Data Studio
Once you’ve signed in, click on the connect to data option, found at the top of your screen to start searching for a Salesforce Pardot connector. Once you’ve clicked on it, a new page representing a list of numerous connectors that you can use to connect Google Data Studio will now open up on your screen.
Here, you need to scroll down to the section of partner connectors, where you’ll find numerous third party connectors for Salesforce Pardot and other marketing & ads data sources.
Alternatively, you can also leverage a Salesforce-based third-party connector to connect with Salesforce and Pardot. To do this, you can directly use the search bar to search for Salesforce and then select a connector of your choice.
Step 3: Configuring the Pardot Google Data Studio Connector
Once you’ve selected a connector of your choice, you will now need to configure and authorise it. To do this, click on the “authorise” button on your screen.
A new window will now open up on your screen, where you’ll need to provide Salesforce Pardot, access to your Google Data Studio account. To do this, first, choose the desired Google account that you want to use and then click on allow.
With your Google account now linked, you need to authorise Google Data Studio to use the third party connector. To do this, click on the “authorise” button.
Once you’ve authorised Google Data Studio, a new dialogue box will now open up on your screen. Here, you’ll need to sign in with your Salesforce Pardot account by providing your credentials such as username and password; to set up the Pardot Google Data Studio integration.
Once you’ve logged in successfully, a new window will now open up on your screen, representing a dashboard for your Salesforce Pardot account.
This is how you can set up the Pardot Google Data Studio integration using third party connectors.
Limitations of Using a Third Party Connector
The following are some of the challenges that you will face while setting up the Pardot Google Data Studio integration:
- Currently, Google doesn’t provide an official Salesforce Pardot connector developed by them, and hence you will have to leverage third-party connectors to achieve this. Using and providing access for your Google & Pardot accounts to a third party connector can result in a data & security breach.
- It does not allow you to load data from Salesforce Pardot to Google Data Studio in real-time.
Method 2: Using Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline
Say goodbye to the tedious challenges of unifying your marketing data! Use Hevo Data, a No-code Data Integration Platform, to connect Salesforce Pardot with various marketing applications to bring in integrated data in a matter of minutes and visualise it in Google Data Studio. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only bringing in your data from multiple sources but also transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Gone are the days of sitting down and manually optimising your data to get rid of inconsistencies, silos and managing data losses. Hevo takes care of all your pre-processing needs and lets you focus on key business activities and develop a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers and take your business to new heights of profitability.
Steps to use Hevo Data
Hevo focuses on three simple steps to get you started:
- Connect: Connect Hevo with Salesforce Pardot and various other sales & marketing data sources by simply logging in with your credentials.
- Integrate: Consolidate your marketing data from several sources in Hevo’s Managed Data Integration Platform and automatically transform it into an analysis-ready form.
- Visualise: Connect Hevo with your desired BI tool such as Google Data Studio and visualise your unified marketing data easily to gain better insights.
Check out what makes Hevo amazing
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a safe & consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its interactive UI, is simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Robust Integration with BI tools: Hevo supports connecting with numerous BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, etc. in a matter of minutes and lets you analyse your sales & marketing data in a completely secure and hassle-free manner in real-time.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilisation of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
This article teaches you how to set up the Pardot Google Data Studio integration with ease. It also provides in-depth knowledge about the concepts behind every step to help you understand and implement them efficiently. Carrying out an in-depth analysis of your marketing data requires you to integrate data from a diverse set of marketing data sources.
Integrating such diverse data can be challenging and tiresome, especially for a beginner & this is where Hevo saves the day. Hevo Data, helps you easily integrate data from multiple marketing sources and applications and visualise it in your desired BI tool. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only bringing in your data from multiple sources but also transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. You can easily visualise your unified marketing data using your desired BI tool and create informative business reports.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign up here for the 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!
Tell us about your experience of setting up the Pardot Google Data Studio integration! Share your thoughts in the comments section below!