Striking the right balance between Sales data accessibility and retaining control over your Pipedrive account can be quite challenging. This is where exporting data from Pipedrive to MySQL can come in handy. Many businesses want to use MySQL’s capabilities to quickly run complex analytical queries across large volumes of data.
In this article, you will gain a decent understanding of Pipedrive and MySQL along with the key features that they offer. Further in this article, you will explore the key methods that can be leveraged to set up Pipedrive MySQL Integration. At the end of this post, you will discover some of the amazing benefits offered by the Pipedrive MySQL Integration. Read along, to gain more insights and understand how this integration can help your use case.
- Basic understanding of APIs.
What is Pipedrive?
Pipedrive is a web-based Sales CRM and Pipeline Management solution that allows businesses to plan and track their sales activities. Pipedrive, which was created using an activity-based selling methodology, streamlines every step involved in converting a potential deal into a successful sale. Pipedrive is completely customizable which means you can create your own distinct Sales Processes and Patterns without relying on any pre-existing standards. One of the most significant advantages of using Pipedrive is its incredible flexibility.
Pipedrive exists not only to remind and report users on pipeline stages but also to efficiently correlate them with data. Many sales professionals arrive at Pipedrive with a slew of spreadsheets and perplexing data patterns in order to convert them into actionable information.
Key Features of Pipedrive
Some of the key features of Pipedrive are as follows:
- Reporting: Pipedrive contributes to greater insight and active reporting. Measuring a company’s performance against a specific set of objectives becomes critical when developing an optimized Sales technique.
- Automation: One of the primary reasons businesses prefer Pipedrive is that it automates various sales operations.
- Third-Party Integrations: Businesses can use Pipedrive in conjunction with a number of third-party applications to increase sales and generate invoices. This is a standard requirement, especially when a company’s management is attempting to access customer information and make changes via their mobile phones. Pipedrive also allows employees to use their existing set of applications in conjunction with it.
- Custom Templates: Employees can use Pipedrive to create their own templates and insert images & context to improve their Sales Funnel. A customized format or template can also assist employees in fine-tuning metrics that must be observed when comparing.
You can also click here to learn more about Pipedrive.
What is MySQL?
MySQL is a SQL-based RDBMS (Relational Database Management System). A database is a structured collection of data and a relational database, in particular, is a digital store that collects and organizes data using the Relational Model. Tables in this model are made up of rows and columns, and all relationships between data elements adhere to a strict logical structure.
An RDBMS is simply a collection of software tools used to Implement, Manage, and Query a database.MySQL is a critical component of most of the popular software stacks used for developing and managing everything from customer-facing web applications to powerful, data-driven B2B services. Owing to its open-source nature, stability, and rich feature set, combined with ongoing development and support from Oracle, MySQL backends are used by Internet-critical organizations such as Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, Wikipedia, and YouTube.
Benefits of using MySQL
Some of the key advantages of using MySQL are as follows:
- Easy to Deploy: MySQL allows businesses to set up and run SQL queries on their data in minutes. MySQL enables them to develop new applications faster than proprietary databases.
- High Speed: It goes without saying that if you’re working with large datasets, you would not want to spend a lot of time working with datasets and tables. Unlike other databases, MySQL is relatively faster and can query data from large datasets, which aids in business intelligence activities.
- Industry Standards: Whether you are a developer who needs to develop software or a freelancer who wants to work with databases, MySQL has been in use for over 20 years and you can rely on it to be a fully integrated Transaction-Safe, ACID-Compliant database.
How to Set up Pipedrive MySQL Integration?
In this section, you will understand how to set up Pipedrive MySQL Integration using the following 2 methods:
Method 1: Load Data from Pipedrive to MySQL using Hevo’s No-Code Data Pipeline
Hevo provides an Automated No-code Data Pipeline that helps you move your Pipedrive data swiftly to MySQL. Hevo is fully-managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your 150+ data sources but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo’s fault-tolerant architecture will enrich and transform your data securely and consistently and load it to your destination without any assistance from your side. You can entrust us with your data transfer process by both ETL and ELT processes to a data warehouse and enjoy a hassle-free experience.
You just need to follow a simple 3 step process to connect Pipedrive to MySQL using Hevo:
Step 1: Configure the Source
- Login to your Hevo account using the appropriate credentials.
- Navigate to the Asset Palette and click on the Pipelines option.
- Click on the +Create button to create a new pipeline and search for the required source.
Step 2: Configure the Destination
- In the Select Destination Type page, select your destination. Here, we are selecting MySQL.
- In the Configure your MySQL Destination page, specify the MySQL settings to configure your destination.
- Once you have entered all the configuration details, click on Save & Continue.
- In the Destination Table Prefix field, provide a prefix if you want to modify the Destination table or partition name, else, you can leave the field blank.
- Now, click on Continue to proceed further
Step 3: Test the Connection
- After filling in the details, click on the TEST CONNECTION button to test connectivity to the Destination MySQL.
- Once the test is successful, save the Destination by clicking on SAVE DESTINATION.
Once you have followed all the above three steps, you will be able to set up Pipedrive MySQL Integration in no time.
Here are more reasons to try Hevo:
- Smooth Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to your schema in the desired Data Warehouse.
- Exceptional Data Transformations: Best-in-class & Native Support for Complex Data Transformation at fingertips. Code & No-code Flexibility designed for everyone.
- Quick Setup: Hevo with its automated features, can be set up in minimal time. Moreover, with its simple and interactive UI, it is extremely easy for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Try Hevo to easily set up Pipedrive MySQL Integration
SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL!
Method 2: Load Data from Pipedrive to MySQL using Pipedrive REST APIs
Pipedrive provides a wide range of endpoints that can help you interact with the platform. These endpoints can be used to execute queries like adding a new person to your contact list. In addition, you can also use it to retrieve data from your contact list.
A unique differentiator of the Pipedrive API is the presence of a companion resource for many of the resources that manage any custom fields that you may have created for the resource. This provides the users of the platform with maximum flexibility. Some of the resources that can be accessed using Pipedrive APIs are listed below:
- Activities: Appointments, Tasks, and Events in general that are associated with a deal and your Sales Pipeline are referred to as activities.
- Activity Fields: These are the custom fields associated with your activities.
- Currencies: It represents the currency values that can be used to represent the monetary value of a deal.
- Deals: Deals represent ongoing, lost, or won sales to an organization or to an individual.
- Deal Fields: Deal Fields represent the schema for a deal in the context of the authorized user’s company.
- Email Messages: These are the email messages sent or received via Pipedrive’s designated e-mail account.
- Files: Files refers to any type of document (images, spreadsheets, text files, etc.) that is uploaded to Pipedrive.
- Mail Messages: These are the mail messages that have been synced with Pipedrive via 2-way sync or the Smart Email BCC feature.
- Organizations: Companies and other types of organizations with which you do business are referred to as organizations.
- Persons: Persons represent the customers or contacts you are dealing with.
- Stages: A stage is a logical component of a Pipeline, and essentially a bucket that can hold a number of Deals.
- Pipelines: Pipelines are basically an ordered collection of stages.
- Users: Users are the people having access to your Pipedrive account.
The above are just a few data resources you can export from Pipedrive to MySQL to set up the Pipedrive MySQL Integration. To learn about other data resources and their respective endpoints, refer to the Pipedrive API Documentation.
Advantages of setting up Pipedrive MySQL Integration
Now that you have understood the various methods of setting up Pipedrive MySQL Integration, let’s check out some of the key benefits this integration offers:
- Produce Actionable Insights: You can leverage the Pipedrive MySQL Integration to gain deep insights into your business by harnessing the power of Data Analytics. Large amounts of historical data can be managed and processed without affecting performance.
- Create Backup of Important Data: You can load data from Pipedrive to MySQL to create a backup for critical data. If you lose Pipedrive data due to a server breakdown, an accidental deletion, or other disasters, you can restore it or move it to another machine.
- Build Interactive Dashboards: You can also use a Data Visualization tool to build interactive dashboards using the migrated data.
In this article, you gained a basic understanding of Pipedrive and MySQL. You also explored the 2 methods to set up Pipedrive MySQL integration. At the end of this article, you discovered the various advantages of setting up the Pipedrive MySQL Integration. However, knowing where to start and how to combine consumer data from various applications can be a challenge for many companies. This is where Hevo can help save your day!
VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO EXPLORE HEVO
Hevo Data is a No-Code Data Pipeline that offers a faster way to move data from 150+ Data Sources such as Pipedrive to a destination of your choice such as MySQL. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin?
SIGN UP and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share with us your experience of learning about the methods used for setting up Pipedrive MySQL integration in the comments below.