Getting more customers is the most important part of running a successful business. Most companies get Leads from different sources, but the most popular one is Lead Forms. It allows companies to gather data on new target audiences and their user information. YouTube Video Ads also feature Lead Form Ads that allow companies to get leads directly from YouTube Video Ads without redirecting to another website.
YouTube Lead Form use YouTube Webhooks to send the details of the contacts to the company’s CRM platform. It becomes essential for companies to send all the user information from YouTube Lead Forms to the CRM platforms so that companies can use the data for Marketing and Sales purposes. YouTube Webhooks automate the transferring of leads data to CRM platform in real-time. It also allows users to know if there any update occurs in the video, title, or description of any existing videos.
CRM platforms help companies manage all their workflow in one place and optimize it. YouTube Webhooks Integration is one of the efficient ways to communicate with CRM. In this article, you will learn the steps to set up YouTube Webhooks Integration for push notification and Lead Form events.
Table of Contents
Introduction to YouTube
YouTube is an online video-sharing platform owned by Google that allows people across the globe to share their video content for free. It is the second most used website that has more than a billion monthly users. People can post videos for sharing knowledge, branding, Marketing, entertainment, and other business purposes.
According to the latest updates, users can now post content types like stories, videos, and songs. Companies use YouTube to increase brand awareness through video content and publishing advertisements. YouTube features its paid version that is Ads free and charges for a few listed movies and songs.
Viewers can also like, dislike, comment, and share videos. Most companies use Lead Form ads on YouTube that allow them to get E-Mail list of interested audiences directly into their CRM (Customer Relational Management) platform.
Key Features of YouTube
YouTube is a widely used platform among companies and other content creators to connect to the community through videos. A few features of YouTube are listed below:
- Creator Studio: YouTube helps content creators access and manage their channels easily via YouTube Studio. It features many tools and features to upload, manage and monitor the performance of videos.
- Channel Analytics: YouTube allows channel managers to analyze the performance of their videos and channel in every aspect using its Analytics data.
- Live Streams: YouTube allows content creators to connect with people or subscribers on live streams and earn money using super chats.
To learn more about YouTube, click here.
Introduction to Webhooks
Webhooks are one of the ways applications communicate with other apps or platforms. It is similar to how you receive a notification when any new message arrives. Webhook pushes information to the target when any specified event gets triggered. The automated messages are sent to the unique URL for every event triggered.
Webhooks use HTTP GET requests to transfer data from one app to another. HTTP callbacks are triggered for every event, and target apps get all the information embedded in the URL. Webhooks are generally used to connect to different platforms, and it is a cost-effective solution. A user can connect its E-Commerce platform with Slack using webhooks for getting notifications on new orders, stock, etc.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Salesforce, Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources including YouTube Analytics and 30+ data sources for free and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo not only loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination but also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set Up YouTube Webhooks Integration
Now that you have understood about YouTube and Webhooks. In this section, you will earn about 2 YouTube Webhooks Integrations for push notifications and Lead Form events. The steps to YouTube Webhooks Integrations are listed below:
YouTube Webhooks Integration for Push Notifications
In this method, YouTube Data API will be used for YouTube Webhooks Integration. It supports push notifications via PubSubHubbub that is a server-to-server publish/subscribe protocol for accessing web resources.
The YouTube Webhooks for push notification can use HTTP callback that receives Atom feed notifications when any of the listed below events happens:
- A new video is uploaded.
- Title of the video updated.
- Description of the video updated.
The steps to set up YouTube Webhooks Integration for push notifications are listed below:
- Firstly, you need to set up a callback server that can handle all the incoming Atom feed notifications, for example, CRM platform servers or application servers where the YouTube Webhooks callback will reach.
- Now, go to the Google hub by clicking here to subscribe to receive push notifications, as shown in the image below.
- Here, set the mode to “subscribe” or “unsubscribe“.
- Then, set the callback URL the same as you used while setting up a callback server.
- Now, set the “topic URL” to “https://www.youtube.com/xml/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=CHANNEL_ID“, where the CHANNEL_ID in the last of the URL is the YouTube channel ID that you want to use for YouTube Webhooks Integration push notifications.
YouTube Webhooks Integration for Lead Form Events
Companies use YouTube Webhook Integration to connect their YouTube Lead Form to CRM platforms. It allows them to collect the list of contacts interested in their product or services advertised on YouTube. Companies can get the leads in real-time directly into their CRM systems after integrating the YouTube webhook.
Firstly, you need to generate a YouTube Webhooks URL and Key. The YouTube Webhooks URL is the delivery path that will take all the lead information from the Lead Form placed in YouTube. Once the person submits the URL, the information will be sent to the connected CRM platform using HTTP GET requests, as shown in the image below.
The Advertiser configures the ads in Google Ads and adds YouTube Webhooks to Google Ads, then publishes Ads on YouTube. Users fill the Lead Form on YouTube, and all the information is sent to CRM via YouTube Webhooks Integration. The steps to YouTube Webhooks Integration for Lead Form Events are listed below:
- Log in to your Google Ads account here.
- On the page, the menu navigates to Campaigns and then clicks on the “+” button.
- Now, select the “New campaign” option, and in the “goal” option, click on the “Leads” option, as shown in the image below.
- Select the Campaign type and then click on the “Continue“.
- Now, enter all the details on campaign settings.
- From the “Ad Extensions” list, select the “Lead Form extension” option.
- Now, click on the “Create Lead Form extension” option and fill in all the details about your Lead Form.
- Now create or design your Lead Form.
- Then under the “Webhook Integration” option enter your YouTube Webhook URL and Key.
- Click on the “Send test data” and test CRM receives data.
- Click on the “Save” button.
That’s it! You have completed YouTube Webhooks Integration.
Benefits of YouTube Webhooks Integration
YouTube Webhooks Integration allows companies and channel managers to seamlessly organize and automate the data flow between their CRM and YouTube. A few benefits of YouTube Webhooks Integration are listed below:
- Companies can seamlessly send all their leads data from the Lead Form published on YouTube using YouTube Webhooks Integration.
- YouTube Webhooks Integration allows users to get notifications in their applications or platforms for every update on video, title, or description.
- It allows companies to nurture and educate audiences about the brand and get the contacts of the most interested customers.
In this article, you learnt the steps to set up YouTube Webhooks Integration for push notifications and Lead Form events. You also read about the benefits of using YouTube Webhooks Integration and how it helps companies gather more contacts. YouTube being the second most used website allows companies to gather potential customers with the help of Lead Form ads. YouTube Webhook automates the process of sending leads from YouTube Video Ads to CRM platforms.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
YouTube and CRM platforms store essential company data that can be used to analyze and generate insights from it. Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you transfer data from YouTube Analytics for free to desired Data Warehouse. It fully automates the process to load and transform data from 100+ sources to a destination of your choice without writing a single line of code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of learning about YouTube Webhooks Integration in the comments section below!