Most modern businesses rely on various forms of Digital Marketing techniques in order to reach their potential customers. Along with the ability to reach a wider audience, these Digital Marketing techniques also offer businesses the ability to keep track of all metrics required to measure the performance of their Marketing Campaigns. One of the most well-known Digital Marketing techniques is Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This article will help you understand the various SEO Google Analytics strategies that can help you severely improve the performance of your website on search engines.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a Cloud-based Web Analytics tool by Google to analyze website traffic and report customer behavior. It contains numerous features to integrate with different platforms and extract the website traffic data. It helps users segregate their campaigns upon various metrics to understand how their campaigns perform and make data-driven decisions to improve performance. It is the most popular choice for industries due to its extensive reporting capability.
Some of the most well-known features of Google Analytics are as follows:
- Google Analytics tracks the website and collects all metrics such as region, user, clicks, products, time spent, conversions, etc for all visitors. With the information collected, it generates an extensive report that allows businesses to analyze the performance of their marketing efforts.
- Google Analytics Dashboard helps businesses understand customer behavior by analyzing the sources of traffic, the volume of Organic traffic, keywords, sentiments, etc.
- Google Analytics offers easy integration with other Google products such as Google Search Console, Google Ads, Google Data Studio, etc allowing users to perform an in-depth and accurate analysis.
- Functionality to keep track of various metrics such as page speed, mobile-friendliness, etc that can help businesses measure the performance of their websites is also provided by Google Analytics.
- It also helps businesses study the performance of their competition and drive strategic decisions based on the customer segment and engagement.
Introduction to SEO
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and is a widely used method to increase the quality and quantity of traffic on your website from Organic Search Engine Results Page (SERP). It is an activity carried out by digital marketers to improve search engine ranking. Implementing an effective SEO strategy will help you improve the ranking of your website on SERP which means that the possibility of someone coming across your website when they wish to avail a service offered by you will be higher.
The SEO practice majorly focuses on the following three points:
1) Quality of Traffic
Quality of traffic means that the traffic coming to your website is genuine traffic and is not biased or influenced or incorrectly redirected by search engines. For example, your content has a keyword – Apple Products, and Google is redirecting traffic that is looking for information on Apple products to your webpage, but traffic that is looking for an Apple (Fruit) seller being redirected to your website is not quality traffic. Quality traffic refers to the traffic that is genuinely interested in buying your product.
2) Quantity of Traffic
Once you have the right content and keywords, it would match the search intent of more users that are interested in paying for a product or service offered by you. This would increase the ranking of your website on SERP and hence, the volume of potential customers visiting your website will also increase. A high volume of potential customers means a high Return on Investment (ROI).
3) Organic Results
Organic traffic is the one that you don’t have to pay for and is not influenced or redirected through paid advertisements. Most modern search engines offer businesses the opportunity to set up paid advertisements. This means that their website would be displayed at the top of SERP whenever a user searches for a given set of keywords. These paid results, however, usually have a small message below that result clarifying that it is a paid advertisement.
The goal of Search Engine Optimization is to increase the volume of Organic traffic coming to your website.
Hevo is a No-code Data Pipeline. It supports pre-built data integrations from 100+ data sources including Google Analytics for free. Hevo offers a fully managed solution for your fully automated pipeline. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.
Get Started with Hevo for free
Let’s look at Some Salient Features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-day Free Trial!
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Steps to Improve SEO Performance Using Google Analytics
There are various SEO Google Analytics strategies using which you can improve the performance of your website on search engines and attract Organic and quality traffic to your website. These strategies are as follows:
1) SEO Google Analytics Strategy: Connect Google Search Console Account
Google Search Console helps you identify keywords that people are using to find your content on search engines. By understanding the keywords, you can analyze and optimize the content further to include keywords that have a high search volume. This will severely improve the performance of your website on search engines and increase its ranking.
2) SEO Google Analytics Strategy: Create SEO Related Goals
Setting up goals can bring significant improvement in SEO performance. The goal can be for metrics such as the leads generated by Organic traffic and Organic visitors. The performance of your website on SERP will improve as your Lead Conversion Rate increases.
3) SEO Google Analytics Strategy: Filter and Segment Traffic
Filtering the unwanted/spam traffic can help you segment the Organic traffic for accurate reporting. By filtering the spam/paid/referral traffic, you can truly measure the volume of Organic traffic.
4) SEO Google Analytics Strategy: Compare Segment Traffic
Once you filter the traffic, your Google Analytics Dashboard will be divided into Organic and Non-Organic Traffic Segments. You can compare these segments to understand the sources of traffic to your website. This information can then be used to plan future strategies accordingly to ensure growth in segments that are not generating much traffic.
5) SEO Google Analytics Strategy: Update Content
Regularly check the content on your website to ensure it is up-to-date and create a report of best-performing content. This analysis can then be used to answer various questions such as the following:
- Are there any pages that have significantly low Organic traffic as compared to other pages?
- Is there any content whose ranking has decreased severely?
- Are there any pages that attract a lot of Organic traffic but do not generate many leads or revenue?
The answers to these questions can be used to understand which content on your website might not be relevant or up-to-date anymore. This information can then be used to update content to make sure they have up-to-date information and includes information that people are looking for at that moment.
6) SEO Google Analytics Strategy: Create Custom Dashboards
The best way to measure SEO is to create a custom dashboard by cherry-picking key metrics to the dashboard that provides the overall picture in one single frame. You can segregate different metrics like geographical locations, redirects, organic traffic, etc., and create one frame to visualize them all in real-time.
This will reduce the navigation between different dashboards and improves efficiency and performance.
7) SEO Google Analytics Strategy: Custom Alerts
Google Analytics allows you to set up triggers that can send you quick notifications when a certain event occurs. You can set the triggers on custom parameters such as changes in Sessions Traffic beyond a certain threshold and many more. Quick notification of such incidents allows you to minimize the risk and act on them accordingly quickly.
Digital Marketing is the key component to promote your web pages and run your Marketing Campaigns. With platforms like Google Analytics, it is easier to track various Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and make data-driven decisions easily. The article provided you with an understanding of the various metrics you can track in the Google Analytics Dashboard that can help you improve the performance of your website on SERP.
Most businesses today use various Digital Marketing platforms to advertise their products and services. Although Google Analytics offers easy integration with other Google products such as Google Ads, the process to integrate data from products that are not developed by Google can be a complex task. The data has to be either imported manually or integrated using the product’s API. This is a complicated task with a high possibility of error. Businesses can instead use automated data integration platforms like Hevo.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
No-code Data Pipeline For Google Analytics