Marc Benioff, together with Parker Harris, Dave Moellenhoff, and Frank Dominguez founded Salesforce.com in 1999, and today, Salesforce is one of the most dominant software companies on the planet. Salesforce, a Cloud-Based Customer Relationship Management (CRM), provides a full-fledged Customer Relationship Management solution to businesses without spending much effort on building one. Salesforce’s services allow businesses to use Cloud Technology to better connect with clients, customers, and partners.
While businesses primarily use Salesforce CRM to manage their customer records and engagement, Salesforce now offers many more services such as Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Mobile Connectivity, etc. As companies begin to explore the number of ways in which they use Salesforce, they look for the possibility of customizing and automating a lot of their Marketing Efforts.
ActiveCampaign, a Cloud-Based Marketing Automation platform, has been in the ranks of the best Customer Experience Automation software. The company offers you Email Marketing, Marketing Automation, and CRM tools you need to create incredible customer experiences.
While ActiveCampaign and Salesforce are quite helpful on their own, businesses want to reap more benefits by integrating them. With the ActiveCampaign Salesforce direct integration launched in 2019, customers can now use their Salesforce and ActiveCampaign technology together for a better experience. In this article, you’ll be shown how to set up an ActiveCampaign Salesforce integration in order to automate your Marketing Efforts and enhance Customer Experience. Before getting into the details, let’s discuss both platforms in brief.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Salesforce
For plenty of Entrepreneurs, Business Owners, and Corporations, Salesforce is the king of CRM. Salesforce is the most popular and robust Cloud-Based CRM software developed to make organizations function more efficiently and profitably.
Salesforce will help you to accomplish several Marketing Goals by storing and keeping track of all your Customer Data, Contact Data, and Marketing Leads. You can also generate Sales Forecast Reports with Salesforce to convert your leads. Salesforce also supports Email Integration with applications like Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, etc. They really have just about everything that you could possibly think of when it comes to operations in a business and managing their customers.
Salesforce follows a subscription-based model and offers a variety of pricing options, ranging from $25 to about $300 per user on a monthly basis.
You can possibly think of combining your Salesforce data with data coming from various other sources, in your Data Warehouse to get valuable insights for your business. You can use Automated Tools like Hevo Data to integrate data between Salesforce and other sources, to a Data Warehouse of your choice.
Also, check out our Ultimate Guide on Salesforce.
Introduction to ActiveCampaign
ActiveCampaign is a leading Marketing Automation platform trusted by over 150,000 companies over the world. ActiveCampaign provides Marketing Automation and Email Marketing functionalities, along with a CRM, suitable for midsize & small-scale businesses.
Staying organized in managing leads is never an easy task. ActiveCampaign CRM lets you focus on selling and building customer relationships by keeping you organized and informed about your customers and leads. ActiveCampaugn optimizes your Marketing Process by automating critical routine tasks, saving you time for building strong customer relationships. The ActiveCampaign CRM automatically generates new leads based on the completion of forms or responses to Emails. You can better organize your work by setting timelines and scheduling messages for different tasks. With ActiveCampaign one can find the right blend between customer intelligence and your business.
ActiveCampaign uses different techniques such as Site Tracking, App Integrations, and Artificial Intelligence to help you grow your business online. You can also get your hands on hundreds of pre-built templates to create efficient Email Marketing Campaigns.
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up data integration from Salesforce (one of the 30+ Free Data Sources) and 100+ Data Sources and will let you directly load data to a Data Warehouse or the destination of your choice. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.
Get started with hevo for free
Let’s look at some of the salient features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-day free trial!
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and map it to the destination schema.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100’s of sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within Data Pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Purpose of Activecampaign Salesforce Integration
One of the most powerful ways to use Customer Experience Automation is to really leverage the data that you already have. ActiveCampaign Salesforce integration streamlines the process of data flow across both the tools to create a more personalized customer experience that turns leads into customers.
A few benefits of the ActiveCampaign Salesforce integration are listed below:
- Customer experience is critical for businesses that want to grow. So, intuitive Automation Workflows mean you spend less time performing repetitive tasks and more time on nurturing leads or cultivating repeat customers.
- Businesses of all sizes can create personal connections by entering a lead or contact directly from Salesforce into the ActiveCampaign Automation platform.
- It offers two-way data sync between ActiveCampaign and Salesforce.
- It automates data sync in real-time and updates immediately when a contact or lead record changes in either platform.
- Upon integration, you can send a Marketing Campaign created in ActiveCampaign to a lead or contact from their Salesforce record.
- The ActiveCampaign Salesforce integration works seamlessly with Lightning Experience. This is not compatible with Salesforce Classic.
- This integration requires your Salesforce admin to complete the setup. The ActiveCampaign components need to be added to the “Lead and Contact” page layouts in Salesforce.
- An Email address must be associated with Salesforce’s leads and contacts to be synced into ActiveCampaign.
- You can link your Salesforce account with only one ActiveCampaign account.
- Upon uninstallation, data will no longer sync between both platforms. However, the previously synced data will not be affected.
To set up an ActiveCampaign Salesforce integration, you’re expected to have:
- A Salesforce Lightning account
- An ActiveCampaign account
- Working Knowledge of Salesforce Lightning
- Working Knowledge of ActiveCampaign
ActiveCampaign Salesforce Integration
The combination of ActiveCampaign and Salesforce will help you make sure your leads are well managed. Integrating the two platforms lets you create personalized Email Marketing Campaigns and manage them efficiently.
The integration is pretty much straightforward. The following steps to set up ActiveCampaign Salesforce integration are listed below.
Step 1: Installing the ActiveCampaign for Salesforce App
First things first, make sure a custom domain is enabled for Salesforce Lightning in order to install the “ActiveCampaign for Salesforce” App. Follow the below-mentioned steps to install the ActiveCampaign Salesforce App in your Salesforce account.
- Log into your Salesforce account.
- Click the dots located on the top left corner of your homepage, and then click the “Visit AppExchange” button.
- Search and select the “ActiveCampaign” App.
- Click the “Get it now” button and allow Salesforce to access your ActiveCampaign account.
- Go on to install the app by clicking on the “Install for Admins Only” button.
- Approve access for third-party websites and continue the installation.
- Once the installation is completed, the ActiveCampaign App will be listed in your Salesforce App Launcher.
Step 2: Assigning Permission Sets to Salesforce Users
Once the ActiveCampaign for Salesforce app is installed, you can give specific users in your Salesforce account permission to:
- Configure and maintain the integration – ActiveCampaign Package Manager Permission set
- Interact with ActiveCampaign components and view ActiveCampaign activities – ActiveCampaign Standard User Permission set
Follow the below-mentioned steps to assign permission sets to Salesforce users.
- Click on the gear icon located at the top right corner of your Salesforce page and then click on “Setup”.
- Click on “Users” in the left menu and select “Permission Sets“.
- Once the “Permission Sets” page loads, click on the respective permission set (ActiveCampaign Package Manager or ActiveCampaign Standard User) to assign users.
- Click on the “Manage Assignments” button.
- Click on the “Add Assignments” button.
- Select the users you would like to assign the permission set to, and click on the “Assign” button.
Step 3: Setting Up System Connections
To share data across both platforms, you will need to set up a connection between the two. Follow the below-mentioned steps to establish the connection.
- Open the App Launcher from your Salesforce account by clicking on the dots.
- Select the “ActiveCampaign Setup Assistant” App.
- Click on the “Get Started” button on the “Setup” page.
- Under the API access tab, enter your ActiveCampaign account name in the field provided.
- Enter your ActiveCampaign API key into the API Key field, and click on “Authorize”.
- Upon successful authorization, you’ll see a green bar saying “Connected”.
- Click on “Next”.
- Under the Authorize ActiveCampaign to Salesforce tab, click “Authorize”.
- You’ll then be asked to log in to your Salesforce account. Sign-in, and allow access to your Salesforce account.
- Upon successful authorization, you’ll see a green bar saying “Connected”.
- Click on “Finish”.
Step 4: Dynamic Field Mapping
With dynamic field mapping, you can map contact fields from ActiveCampaign to contact and lead fields in Salesforce. This step is optional as “Standard Lead” and “Standard Contact” field mapping is already configured for you. However, if you want to use a custom mapping, you can do so by clicking the “Continue” button located on the ActiveCampaign setup page.
To modify the default mappings, use the dropdown provided for the Salesforce fields you wish to map.
Similarly, you can also add custom mappings for the lead and contact fields by clicking on the “Add Mapping” button under respective sections.
Once you’re done with all the sections of dynamic mapping, you can click on “Finish”.
Step 5: Configuring Sync Settings
Based on the configuration, the selected Salesforce leads and contacts will sync over to ActiveCampaign. You can configure outbound sync settings by clicking the “Continue” button located on the ActiveCampaign setup page.
Select which leads and contacts should sync to ActiveCampaign from the “Sync Selection” and “Contact Sync Selection” tab respectively. Once selected, click on “Next“.
Now, it’s time to determine how often data will sync from Salesforce to ActiveCampaign. Navigate to the “Job Schedule” tab to configure the sync frequency. Choose your desired sync frequency from the “Job Frequency” dropdown.
Once you’re done with the selection, click on “Schedule“, and then click the “Finish” button.
Step 6: Enabling ActiveCampaign CX Automation
The last step is to enable the ActiveCampaign CX (Customer Experience) Automation component. You can do so by clicking the “Continue” button located on the ActiveCampaign setup page.
Then, click on “Finish” to set up the automation. That’s it, you’ve successfully established the ActiveCampaign Salesforce integration.
You see the connected integration by clicking on “Settings” in your ActiveCampaign account. Select “Integrations” from the left menu. You can see the ActiveCampaign Salesforce integration listed.
As the companies are getting increasingly reliant on Cloud-Based CRMs like Salesforce, it has become essential to leverage third-party integrations to enhance productivity. ActiveCampaign Salesforce integration helps companies optimize their Marketing Campaigns and make data-driven decisions. It also allows companies to organize and automate their workflow.
This article provided a detailed guide on how to set up an ActiveCampaign Salesforce integration. The article also talked about the benefits you can reap while using this integration.
If you are an advanced user of Salesforce, you are most probably dealing with a lot of data sources, both internally and from other Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offerings. Having all this data in one place helps in analysis and accelerates the Decision-Making Process. Accomplishing this requires integration to all such third-party apps and services. Salesforce’s Scheduled Data Load is a recommended approach by Salesforce. But this approach can be ineffective when you’re dealing with a large number of diverse data sources. In such cases, Hevo Data can be a great asset in your ETL tool portfolio.
visit our website to explore hevo
Hevo Data, with its strong integration with 100+ Sources & BI tools such as Salesforce (Free Data Source), allows you to not only export data from sources & load data in the destinations, but also transform & enrich your data, & make it analysis-ready so that you can focus only on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools. You can easily extract data from Salesforce using Hevo to track the performance of your business and optimize it further to increase revenue.
Give Hevo Data a try and sign up for a 14-day free trial today. Hevo offers plans & pricing for different use cases and business needs, check them out!
Do you use Salesforce? Share your experience of working with ActiveCampaign Salesforce integration in the comments section below.