As your Shopify business starts growing, it may become tiring to send personalized emails to your customers manually. Yet, it is crucial you promote your services to more customers, notify them of updates and discounts, and alert them on abandoned carts.
Of course, it might seem easier to create a template for each type of email and filter them with respective customers’ names than to build personalized emails. But customers rarely click on such impersonal emails. The smartest solution to this problem is ActiveCampaign Shopify integration.
If you want to create high-response emails quickly for your Shopify customers, you need to integrate ActiveCampaign with your Shopify store. ActiveCampaign allows you to automate functions like personalized email creation, email marketing, and customer segmentation in your Shopify store. Read on to learn how to establish ActiveCampaign Shopify Integration.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Shopify
Shopify is an online platform where people buy and sell goods and services. Owners of Shopify stores can sell physical goods, digital products, professional services, memberships, and even lessons.
While trading online, business owners need to market their products, deliver goods to buyers, receive payments, and resolve customer complaints. This is why Shopify also offers services like shipping, marketing, customer service, and online payment tools to its users.
With Shopify, business owners without physical stores can sell their goods easily. Consumers also enjoy access to a variety of goods with minimal restrictions on distance.
Various products or services that you can sell on Shopify:
- Physical Products: Shopify supports door-step delivery of your manufactured products such as jewelry, t-shirts, mugs, etc. You can schedule the delivery of various products using Shopify.
- Digital Products: With Shopify, you can provide digital services such as e-books, audio files, course materials, etc. to your customers.
- Services and Consultation: If you provide services like Life consultation, home-cooked delicacies, event planning, or anything else, Shopify has got you covered.
Features and Functions of Shopify
Here are a few salient features of Shopify:
- Design Themes and Templates: Shopify offers many design themes and templates that users can customize to suit their preferences.
- Domain Name: You can create a domain name that fits the kind of Shopify store you run.
- Access to Shopify Experts: If you are new to e-commerce, you can seek help from professionals on the platform.
- Blog: Shopify lets users create their personal Shopify blog where they can create articles related to their products and review various items in their store.
- Integration with Payment Platforms: Shopify allows its users to link their store to payment platforms like Paypal.
- Tax Management: Shopify manages country and state tax rates on products on behalf of their users.
- Access to Standard Shipping Rates: Shopify will provide information on standard shipping rates from major shipping companies like FedEx and UPS.
- Customizable Shipping Rates: You don’t have to charge the standard shipping rate when delivering a product to your customer. With Shopify, you can edit shipping rates whenever you need to.
- Search Engine Optimization: Users can change the titles of their products to favor related high-ranking keywords. Using such keywords will help your target customers find your products easily on search engines.
- Video and Image Display: You can add optimized videos and images to show your customer how the product works.
- Discussion Forums: Shopify has discussion forums where users can ask and answer questions about business-related topics like marketing, accounting, and customer engagement.
- Inventory Management: You can add new products, restock existing products, and change prices of products directly on your Shopify interface.
- Multiple Language Options: On Shopify, you can publish checkout information in about 50 languages. The system will also translate your checkout information if you are working with a foreign customer.
- Access to Customer’s Contact Information: Shopify reveals a customer’s email and phone number when you click on their profile. The system even allows you to call a buyer or send them an email directly from the store.
Introduction to ActiveCampaign
ActiveCampaign is a platform that facilitates effective communication between businesses and their customers all over the world. It does this by automating time-consuming administrative processes in marketing, sales, and CRM. Examples of automated services on ActiveCampaign include customer segmentation, CRM organization, personalization, and email marketing campaigns.
Once you register on the ActiveCampaign website, you can link your account to various online platforms like:
- Ecommerce platforms (like Shopify and BigCommerce)
- Social media platforms (like Facebook)
- Payment platforms (like Paypal and Stripe).
- Video creation platforms (like Bonjoro, Vimeo, and Yondo)
- Inbound marketing platforms (like Zendesk, Unbounce, and Xoxoday Plum)
- Meeting scheduling platforms (like Google Calendar and Calendly)
- Form creation platforms (like Google Forms, NativeForms, and Typeform)
- Analytics tools (like Google Analytics and Segment)
- CRM platforms (like NimbleCRM)
ActiveCampaign is easy to use. Users can easily create their accounts and integrate the software with other online platforms even if they have no prior coding experience.
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data helps you integrate and load data from 100+ sources (including 40 Free Data Sources like Shopify) to a destination of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources allows users to bring in data of different kinds in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Transformations: Hevo provides preload transformations through Python code. It also allows you to run transformation code for each event in the Data Pipelines you set up. Hevo also offers drag and drop transformations like Date and Control Functions, JSON, and Event Manipulation to name a few. These can be configured and tested before putting them to use.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ integrations to SaaS platforms, files, databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Amazon Redshift, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL databases to name a few.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration from data sources like Google Analytics and Shopify, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Benefits of ActiveCampaign Shopify Integration
When you connect your ActiveCampaign account to your Shopify store, you can easily send information about customer purchases and cart abandonment in your Shopify store to ActiveCampaign. This information will help you create personalized emails for your customers on ActiveCampaign.
10 Steps to Set up ActiveCampaign Shopify Integration
Before you can establish ActiveCampaign Shopify Integration, you must be on one of the following ActiveCampaign plans:
Once you have subscribed to one of these plans, you can take the following steps to begin your ActiveCampaign Shopify Integration:
- Step 1: Log in to your ActiveCampaign account, and click on the gear icon on the top right of your screen to reveal the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Step 2: Select ‘Integrations’ on the tab to start the ActiveCampaign Shopify Integration.
- Step 3: You will be directed to the ‘Connected Integrations’ page. Select ‘Add an Integration’ on this page.
- Step 4: You will see a window listing the platforms available for ActiveCamapign Shopify Integration. Click on ‘Shopify’.
- Step 5: The system will display a dialog box stating Shopify’s Terms of Service. Click on ‘Accept’ at the bottom of the dialog box after reading the content carefully.
- Step 6: Another modal window titled ‘Shopify Integration’ containing an empty field will appear. Input the name of your Shopify store in the field and click on ‘Connect’.
- Step 7: Your system will open a new tab in your browser. Follow the steps in the tab to sign in to Shopify.
- Step 8: Once you have successfully logged in to your Shopify account, you will find a page titled ‘You are about to Install ActiveCampaign CX Automation’. Select ‘Install App’ at the bottom left of your screen.
- Step 9: The system will direct you back to your ActiveCampaign account. Then, a confirmation tab will appear. Select Done to complete the ActiveCampaign Shopify integration.
- Step 10: To confirm that the ActiveCampaign Shopify integration is successful, click on the ‘Settings’ icon, and select ‘Integrations’ to go to the ‘Connected Integrations’ page. If you see the ‘Connected’ box beside the Shopify tab, you have completed your ActiveCampaign Shopify integration.
This tutorial explained Shopify and how it works. We have also discussed how ActiveCampaign can help automate personalized communication between you and your clients on Shopify. And with the step-by-step explanation above, you are now ready to establish ActiveCampaign Shopify Integration. Feel free to contact our Support Team if you encounter any difficulties while integrating the platforms.
Extracting complex data from a diverse set of free data sources such as Shopify can be a challenging task and this is where Hevo saves the day!
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data offers a faster way to move data from 100+ data sources such as SaaS applications such as Shopify or Databases into your Data Warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.