Airtable is a virtual platform for creating and sharing Relational Databases that is simple to use. The user interface is straightforward, colorful, and user-friendly, allowing anyone to quickly establish a database.
Asana is a flexible Administrative Center Content Control Device (CMS) that can be customized to meet the needs of a wide range of organizations. It’s clear that it’s a difficult organizational tool designed to help streamline tasks.
In this post, you will learn the main features of both Airtable and Asana, and get a deep understanding of Airtable vs Asana.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Airtable
- Introduction to Asana
- Airtable vs Asana: What is the Difference?
- Airtable vs Asana Recommendation: Which is the Better Tool?
Introduction to Airtable
Airtable is an easy-to-use virtual platform for creating and sharing Relational Databases. The user interface is simple, colorful, and friendly, allowing anyone to create a Database in minutes. You may check through personnel directories, product inventories, and even apartment listings to shop, organize, and collaborate on statistics about anything. You ought not even to analyze what SQL stands for, let alone any scripting.
Key Features of Airtable
Airtable offers pre-made templates, custom perspectives, document garage, project management, and tracker. Here’s a closer look at Airtable’s features:
1) Pre-made templates that will help you quickly create your first Airtable base
As put in the Airtable workspace can be without a doubt complex for new Airtable users, the software affords hundreds of pre-made templates to help you out.
These templates variety from non-public initiatives to standard business topics, together with:
- “User Research”
- “Social Media Campaigns”
- “Bug and Issue Tracker”
Regardless of what you operate an Airtable database for, you can locate pre-made templates that’ll cater to your desires inside the Airtable universe.
2) Custom perspectives for distinct programs
The Airtable application lets you create different custom Airtable perspectives, just like the Calendar view, to help you adapt to your group’s desires.
These consist of:
- Classic Spreadsheet: presentations a spreadsheet/ grid view similar to Excel and Google Sheets.
- Calendar: the Calendar view presentations Airtable information according to thus far columns, like submission dates.
- Gallery: a card-orientated view that indicates document attachments like photos and files.
3) Task control and tracking
You can use the tables for your Airtable workspace to enter challenge data, like how long someone spends on a project. In this manner, you get brief overviews of project statuses, provided you manually update them on a regular basis.
For further information on Airtable. check out the official website here.
Introduction to Asana
Asana is a customizable Administrative Center Content Control Device (CMS) that’s designed to help a huge range of agencies obtain their organizational wishes. More evidently, it’s a complicated organizational tool to assist streamline tasks.
Asana is made so that offices of any size can analyze their development and cope with troubles multi functional vicinity, getting rid of the want for regular meetings, electronic mail updates, and memos.
Key Features of Asana
1) Asana Workspace & Organization
A workspace is intended for a group of human beings that don’t belong in a commonplace corporation and may join up the usage of their private electronic mail.
The workspace helps you to invite individuals out of your Admin Console or without delay from the venture. While inside the company, you need to send a shareable invite hyperlink.
2) Asana’s Interface
Whether you be a part of thru workspace or a corporation, Asana will offer you a smooth interface that you’ll be sure to love. Asana’s interface is divided into four specific areas. Each one holds a selected function or purpose.
- Main pane
- Top bar
The sidebar is the region wherein you may get entry to your homepage, favorites (initiatives, people, and tags), and reports.
3) Goal Tracking System
This function lets you create quick-term goals to align your participants to the work priorities. If you’re a business proprietor, you can additionally link your company project along with your lengthy-term desires.
In growing a purpose, don’t forget to pick out the appropriate private setting – private or public. This way you could manage who can see and get admission to it.
Simplify ETL & Analysis with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data helps you integrate and load data from 100+ Data Sources (including 40+ Free Data Sources) to a destination of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- Transformations: Hevo provides preload transformations through Python code. It also allows you to run transformation code for each event in the Data Pipelines you set up. You need to edit the event object’s properties received in the transform method as a parameter to carry out the transformation. Hevo also offers drag and drop transformations like Date and Control Functions, JSON, and Event Manipulation to name a few. These can be configured and tested before putting them to use.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ integrations to SaaS platforms such as Quickbooks, files, databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Amazon Redshift, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL databases to name a few.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Airtable vs Asana: What is the Difference?
Asana is often online project management, the work-tracking device at the same time as Airtable is greater than a spreadsheet/database hybrid. Both assist to work with teams.
Asana and Airtable are both software programs as a structure but have particular capabilities and capabilities, serve unique purchaser bases, and have a barely distinctive pricing version.
Asana most often falls into the “Project Management” category even as Airtable lands within the “Spreadsheets as a Backend” category.
Both have an intensive listing of features. One most important region of difference is that Airtable offers custom reviews at the same time as Asana does now not. Kanban Boards, Lists, Gantt Charts, Timelines, and Calendars are also built into Asana’s platform. Airtable gives several perspectives (grid, calendar, gallery, and Kanban) and “extends its answer” with Airtable Apps.
Both structures provide some model of the following customer support/aid:
- Knowledge base
- Community forum
- Training films
The most significant distinction is that if you pay, Airtable adds phone help and/or tailored education (see: Enterprise plan). Asana no longer offers phone support.
In the following paragraphs, you will have a decent overview of Airtable vs Asana critical aspects for choosing between them.
1) Airtable vs Asana: Ease of Use
This factor plays an important role while choosing Airtable vs Asana. Ease of use is important because you never want software programs getting in the manner of online project management and the works to be completed.
- Airtable stresses graphics to contextualize and prepare your tasks and techniques, despite the fact that it is built on spreadsheets. The pics utilized in Kanban Boards and Shared Calendar obligations upload to its enticing feel.
- Asana additionally strives to make onboarding pain-free for brand spanking new users. When you initially enter onto Asana, you can choose from dozens of templates for your first task, which includes:
- Bug monitoring
- Digital fundraising marketing campaign
- Editorial calendar
- Meeting time table
- New worker onboarding
- Product roadmap
Most project software program makes a specialty of the venture manager, however, the Asana venture manager and workload control function will help save you group member burnout. The workload tab lets you see group and man or woman workloads, and you could assign an attempt level for each challenge.
2) Airtable vs Asana: Support and Customer Service
Customer guide is important to preserve your project control software walking. You should know all your options, online, one-on-one, unfastened, paid, to maintain the whole thing from grinding to a halt when you stumble upon an issue. This factor plays an important role while choosing Airtable vs Asana.
Airtable gives fashionable customer support and assists alternatives:
- Email help for all plans
- Knowledge base
- Community forum
- Online tutorials
- Training films and webinars
Airtable gives telephone assist or one-on-one education simplest if you have the company plan. With different plans, the information base is your quality first choice to locate solutions for your questions.
Asana presents widespread customer service options:
- Email assist
- Knowledge base
- Community discussion board
- Online tutorials
- Training films and webinars
Asana no longer offers telephonic support, thus its knowledge base, like Airtable’s, is your best first resource for information.
3) Airtable vs Asana: Pricing
Pricing is one of the most crucial factors to look for when comparing Airtable vs Asana.
Airtable has 4 plans:
- Free: Includes unlimited bases with two gigabytes of record space and 1,2 hundred records per base, and has grid, calendar, form, kanban, and gallery views, and real-time collaboration and commenting via the web, computing device, iOS, and Android apps.
- Plus: $10/month in keeping with the consumer — Increases storage space to 5 gigabytes and five,000 records per base.
- Pro: $20/month according to the user — Increases garage area to 20 gigabytes and 20,000 facts in keeping with base, and provides superior calendar features, custom branded forms, non-public and locked views, password and domain limited stocks, and priority customer support.
- Enterprise: Quote-based — Increases storage area to one,000 gigabytes consistent with base, and provides unlimited workspaces, an enterprise-huge admin panel, more desirable deletion healing, individualized onboarding and education, and a devoted purchaser achievement manager.
Airtable works pleasant for innovative groups, together with photo layout or advertising corporations, that provide services and products to customers. The price consistent with the person on the pro stage, which is the plan even smaller businesses want to get right of entry to necessary functions, raises the monthly cost dramatically even for small groups.
Asana also has an unfastened plan and 3 paid alternatives:
- Basic: Create obligations the use of the list, board, and calendar perspectives, assign responsibilities and due dates, use cell apps and a Chrome extension, and employ software integrations with up to 15 group participants.
- Premium: $thirteen.Forty-nine/month in keeping with user — Adds the timeline view, advanced seek and reporting, custom fields, unlimited loose guests, forms, regulations, milestones, admin console, and personal teams and projects.
- Business: $30.49/month consistent with the consumer — Adds portfolios, workload monitoring, custom policies builder, approvals, proofing, lockable custom fields, and superior integrations with Salesforce, Adobe Creative Cloud, Tableau, and another software program.
- Enterprise: Quote-based — Adds consumer provisioning and de-provisioning, facts export and deletion, custom branding, priority support, move-regional backups, and a ninety-nine. 9% uptime provider stage settlement (SLA).
Asana is likewise a great suit for smaller groups with huge budgets. Like Airtable, groups of 10 customers are searching at greater than $a hundred/month for the top-class plan that still does not have workload monitoring or includes Adobe Creative Cloud integration.
Airtable vs Asana Recommendation: Which is the Better Tool?
Airtable and Asana are exceptional perfects for the same customers: smaller, innovative venture groups. Airtable comes out on pinnacle due to its ordinary features set, which includes superior reporting, external billing and invoicing, and Airtable Universe.
Asana could still be a viable preference, however, if you opt for more local integrations, want to use its workload reporting function, or are simplest doing in-house initiatives.
In this post, you have learned the main features of both Airtable and Asana and got a deep understanding of Airtable vs Asana. Each has a variety of functions to apply to rely on your particular requirements and offerings. If you want effective challenge management and database answer that’s smooth to install and organize your information, Airtable is a top preference. If you need a committed challenge management device without another agency record integrated, Asana might be the solution for you. You can use Hevo to pull B2B customer data into your data warehouse.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data provides its users with a simpler platform for integrating data from 100+ sources such as Airtable and Asana for Analysis. It is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you combine data from multiple sources. You can use it to transfer data from multiple data sources into your Data Warehouse, Database, or a destination of your choice. It provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to managing data in real-time, ensuring that you always have Analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!
Share your experience of learning about Airtable vs Asana! Let us know in the comments section below!