As a business evolves, the number of employees, workers, departments, and projects also scale up in unison. With an increasing number of teams such as Product Development, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and so on, management and collaboration across cross-functional teams have become a daunting problem. For continuous development, an effective Project Management Platform is required that will automate the processes and boost productivity. In this article, we’ll elaborate upon Asana Gmail Integration.
Asana is a Project Management tool that can strengthen businesses to achieve success seamlessly with Workspace Management Dashboards. It provides many advanced tools allowing companies to manage projects. Asana offers significant customization for planning and organizing projects to help teams boost productivity and deliver requirements within the timeline. Leveraging its excellent reporting features you can get insights into your business performance and can take the required actions accordingly.
In this article, you will gain information about Asana Gmail Integration. You will also gain a holistic understanding of Asana, Gmail, their key features, and the steps involved in setting up Asana Gmail Integration. Read along to find out in-depth information about Asana Gmail Integration.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Asana
Asana is a Cloud-based Project Management Software that helps business teams manage, organize, and design their Workflow. It is offered both as a SaaS platform as well as a Mobile app. Here, you don’t need to spend hours writing emails or on unproductive meetings to follow up on the project status. With Asana you can easily assign tasks to team members, set task priorities, and track project progress, keeping everyone on the same page. You can add subtasks to a project and add Task Dependencies to see what needs to be done by whom.
You may need to organize an event at your place or write your next blog, Asana can help manage your deadlines and goals. When you manage your work in Asana, you have the freedom to organize your projects in a way that is best for you and your team. This helps your team focus on the most important tasks with less effort. Whether it is for personal use or if you are building a new company, you can get started right away as it is free for a team of up to 15 folks. As your business grows, you can opt for Paid Business Plans that provide more flexibility to automate your Workflows with no user limit.
Asana runs on the Work Graph Data Model which provides a fully connected, accurate, and up-to-date map of the work happening in your organization. It represents all the units of work such as tasks, ideas, goals, agendas, relevant conversations, files and status information, etc.
For further information about Asana, you can follow the Official Documentation.
Key Features of Asana
The developers at Asana have put in continuous efforts to enhance the platform by taking regular Customer Feedback. Working to make Projects across Businesses manageable, they have come up with some of the most intuitive features:
1) Remote Access
You can go online and access all your projects from any location, anytime, and from any device of your choice.
2) Asana Timelines
Through Asana Timeline, you can set stages for your project and check the status of various tasks as things get done.
3) Asana Portfolios & Workload
According to different departments, you can build separate Portfolios and see an overview of each team’s performance. The Workload tab lets you see how much work is assigned to whom, allowing you to distribute responsibilities efficiently.
4) Asana Calendar View
In Asana Calendar View, you get the list of tasks assigned to you and your team that needs to be completed on a specific due date in a bird’s eye view.
With each task mentioned in the Asana Calendar View, you and your team members can attach files, leave comments, and appreciate someone’s work using the Like button.
Based on your style, you can customize and design your Workflow process. You can start building Asana Calendar, Boards, Timelines from scratch or use the templates provided in the catalog.
7) Online Communities and Support
If you get stuck at something in Asana, there is a well-established online Asana Community Forum that can assist you to easily solve your queries so that you can quickly get back on track with your work. It also provides other resources such as Asana Help where you can get instructions from an Asana expert. You can also access webinars, training, and other courses to increase your knowledge about Asana. It also provides Asana Guide through which you can access documentation on how to leverage Asana to the optimum potential.
Introduction to Gmail
Gmail is a Google-provided free email service. It works in the same way as other email providers. You can send and receive emails, create an address book, block spam, and do other basic email operations with Gmail. Gmail also has a number of additional unique features that make it an excellent online email service.
You’ll need a Google account to access Gmail, as it’s only one of the numerous services Google offers to its registered customers. Signing up for a Google account is free, and you can customize your Gmail address during the process.
Gmail has a lot of handy tools that can help you improve your email experience. Spam Filtering, Discussion View, Built-in Chat, and Dialing Phone are examples of these functions.
Key Features of Gmail
Google has developed some of the most intuitive features to make Gmail more productive and beneficial for users across different domains:
1) Smart Replies
While composing an email, Gmail uses Machine Learning to deliver intelligent ideas to complete your phrases. In addition, the autocorrect tool corrects any spelling or grammatical issues in the mail.
For emails containing sensitive information, you can establish copying permissions, expiration dates, and a passcode. For your data, Gmail uses 128-bit Industry-Standard Encryption. You may also add levels of security to your Gmail account for secure login.
3) Email Scheduling
Gmail recognizes that users aren’t constantly available. As a result, there is a tool that allows you to plan emails to be sent at a specified time or date.
Gmail filters spam from your inbox using multiple algorithms and automatically deletes spam mails after 30 days. If Gmail detects that a message is originating from an untrusted source with encrypted files, it displays a warning at the top of the message, urging you to read the message before responding.
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data helps you integrate and load data from 100+ different sources (including 40+ free sources) to a Data Warehouse or Destination of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner. Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources allows users to bring in data of different kinds in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Transformations: Hevo provides preload transformations through Python code. It also allows you to run transformation code for each event in the pipelines you set up. You need to edit the event object’s properties received in the transform method as a parameter to carry out the transformation. Hevo also offers drag and drop transformations like Date and Control Functions, JSON, and Event Manipulation to name a few. These can be configured and tested before putting them to use.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ integrations to SaaS platforms, files, Databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL Databases to name a few.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources (Including 40+ free sources) that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Understanding Asana Gmail Integration
Asana is the ideal tool for managing tasks and projects, and with Asana Gmail Integration, you can use Asana to convert emails into tasks without leaving your Gmail inbox.
Email is fantastic for communication, but it was not designed for to-do lists or project management. When you convert your emails into tasks and monitor them in Asana with your teammates, everyone knows who is doing what and by when thus helping you to keep track of the task workflows.
Key Features of Asana Gmail Integration
1) Capture tasks without Leaving Gmail
With the Asana Gmail integration, you can create Asana tasks directly from your Gmail inbox. You can convert an email into a task, assign it to yourself or a teammate, set a deadline, include attachments, and add it to a project. Any tasks you create from Gmail will have the context from your email, so you never miss any of the important details.
2) Easily Search for Asana Tasks
For referring to an Asana task while composing an email, you don’t need to open Asana rather you can use the Asana for Gmail add-on to simply search for that task directly from your Gmail inbox.
3) Take Action
If you want to create or search for a task in Asana, you can comment or complete it from Gmail directly. You won’t even lose action items in your inbox.
For further information on Asana Gmail Integration, you can follow the Official Documentation.
Implementing Asana Gmail Integration
The steps followed to implement Asana Gmail Integration are as follows:
- Step 1: From the Google Workspace Marketplace, download the Asana for Gmail add-on.
- Step 2: Sign in using the Gmail account that your Asana account is associated with.
- Step 3: Open any email in Gmail and then click the Asana icon in the right-side panel. (You might need to refresh your browser the first time you try to access the Asana for Gmail Add-on).
- Step 4: Once you’ve implemented Asana Gmail Integration, you can create, search for, comment, and complete tasks from within Gmail without even opening Asana.
- Step 5: You can then use Rules to automatically trigger actions on Asana tasks created from Gmail.
In this article, you have learned about Asana Gmail Integration. This article also provided information on Asana, Gmail, their key features, and steps involved in implementing Asana Gmail Integration.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to manage data transfer between a variety of sources and a wide variety of Desired Destinations with a few clicks.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data with its strong integration with 100+ data sources (including 40+ Free Sources) allows you to not only export data from your desired data sources & load it to the destination of your choice but also transform & enrich your data to make it analysis-ready. Hevo also allows integrating data from non-native sources using Hevo’s in-built Webhooks Connector. You can then focus on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools.
Want to give Hevo a try? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You may also have a look at the amazing price, which will assist you in selecting the best plan for your requirements.
Share your experience of understanding Asana Gmail Integration in the comment section below! We would love to hear your thoughts.