Most businesses consider Digital Marketing as one of the most reliable techniques to reach potential customers. These platforms can help businesses improve upon and automate a lot of processes making the job of their Marketing teams easier and faster. There are various tools used by Marketers today for running their Marketing Campaigns. One of the most popular tools used by businesses is LinkedIn Ads.
This article will help you understand what Asana and LinkedIn Ads are and how you can easily set up Asana LinkedIn Ads Integration to maximize the effects of your Marketing Campaigns.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Asana
Asana is a popular mobile and web application designed to help teams organize, track, and manage their work seamlessly, simplifying team-based work management. It is a simple project management solution that can help teams reach their goals. It allows businesses to track tasks, define workflows, and manage their work efficiently.
Some of the most popular features of Asana include the ability to create a comprehensive list of tasks, set deadlines, and easily share details on actions performed on various aspects of the whole project. This allows businesses to ensure that all employees have a list of goals assigned to them that can be tracked as per requirement. It also helps plan out projects since it gives businesses the ability to spot potential risks and bottlenecks early on and ensure the project flows as effectively as possible.
More information about Asana can be found here.
Introduction to LinkedIn
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network that can help users find the right jobs, connect and strengthen professional relationships with people worldwide working in different domains and companies, and learn any skills that you wish to. A complete LinkedIn profile can help users connect with opportunities by showcasing their unique professional story through their education, skills, and experience. Users can access LinkedIn using a desktop using a browser, LinkedIn mobile app available on Android and iOS, or the LinkedIn Lite Android mobile app.
Along with LinkedIn for general users, LinkedIn offers functionality for businesses called LinkedIn for Business that lets them create a business profile for their organization. Using the business profile, businesses can create job postings, search through profiles to learn about potential clients and vendors, etc.
LinkedIn also houses an Ad targeting system called LinkedIn Ads. It is an advertising service that shares paid advertisements on LinkedIn which are targeted at a particular section of the audience. It’s a bidding system that charges users based on the section of users targeted, and the frequency and conversion rate of the advertisement.
More information about LinkedIn can be found here.
Understanding the Need for Asana LinkedIn Ads Integration
It is essential for businesses to set up Asana LinkedIn Ads Integration as it can increase their productivity and ensure better coordination between team members. One of the two applications acts as a trigger and as a source of updates. For example, the new leads that businesses generate on Linkedin Lead Generation Forms can be exported to your Asana instance. Some metadata about these leads can also be exported with them.
In this case, Asana sends a triggering action when any selected action is performed on it. The source kicks off the automation. The other application acts as a receiver. Upon receiving the update trigger, it will perform a pre-defined action. In the previous example, LinkedIn would post it as a status update, post it on your company page, etc.
Finally, these leads can be categorized and assigned to team members for further action on Asana. The related metadata of these leads can be used to classify them, give prospective business value or weightage, and delegate to team members based on hierarchy and competence.
Hevo helps you directly transfer data from Asana, LinkedIn Ads, and 100+ data sources (including 30+ free sources) to Business Intelligence tools, Data Warehouses, or a destination of your choice in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo takes care of all your data preprocessing needs required to set up the integration and lets you focus on key business activities and draw a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo with its strong Integration with 100+ Sources (including 30+ Free Sources), allows you to transfer data quickly & efficiently. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Tremendous Connector Availability: Hevo houses a large variety of connectors and lets you bring in data from numerous Marketing & SaaS applications, databases, etc. such as HubSpot, Marketo, MongoDB, Oracle, Salesforce, Redshift, etc. in an integrated and analysis-ready form.
- Simplicity: Using Hevo is easy and intuitive, ensuring that your data is exported in just a few clicks.
- Completely Managed Platform: Hevo is fully managed. You need not invest time and effort to maintain or monitor the infrastructure involved in executing codes.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Explore more about Hevo by signing up for the 14-day trial today!
Methods to Set up Asana LinkedIn Ads Integration
Users can set up Asana LinkedIn Integration by implementing one of the following methods:
Method 1: Setting up Asana LinkedIn Ads Integration via Asana Connect Utility
Users can set up Asana LinkedIn Integration using Asana Connect by giving access to LinkedIn to your Asana instance via the Asana Connect utility. Asana Connect is an API collection provided by Asana, that allows third-party applications like LinkedIn to access Asana without sharing your username or password. Asana Connect uses OAuth2.0, which is an industry-standard for login and authentication in an easy and secure way.
You will have to authorize LinkedIn to connect to Asana. You can also use Asana Personal Access Tokens to allow custom scripts to access Asana API and integrate them with LinkedIn to achieve the desired functionality.
Limitations of using Asana Connect
- You will have to regularly review your access permissions granted and revoke the ones no longer needed.
- This has to be managed and updated continuously. For example, if an employee profile changes or leaves the company, you would want to rethink access
Method 2: Setting up Asana LinkedIn Ads Integration via LinkedIn Application Builder
You can set up Asana LinkedIn Integration using the LinkedIn Application Builder on LinkedIn Developer Portal, create a new application to start advertising your product/service via LinkedIn. This application acts as a vehicle that carries forward your advertisements to the target audiences. When you start building a new application, the following form appears:
After specifying relevant authentication, settings, products, etc., it asks you to create any Webhooks if required. Webhooks are like callback methods. When a certain event happens, its related webhook sends intimation to the specified URL (subscriber) about the event along with any required data. In this case, Asana will be the subscriber and LinkedIn Ads will be the publisher. You can now fill in all necessary details about the Webhook.
When you register a Webhook you must provide three items of information:
- Name: A unique name describing the Webhook.
- Endpoint URL: The URL to post execution context information to.
- Authentication: One of three authentication options. For any type of authentication, you must provide the keys that will identify the request as legitimate.
Finally, configure your Asana instance to receive updates via Webhook and perform the appropriate action.
Limitations of using LinkedIn Application Builder
- This method requires programming expertise and is error-prone.
- You will need to make changes in configurations of both LinkedIn and Asana if a change is needed or an API update appears.
- Webhooks on LinkedIn will be re-validated every 2 hours after the first validation. If the re-validation check fails three times in a row, it will get blocked and no data can then be sent.
Method 3: Setting up Asana LinkedIn Ads Integration using Microsoft Power Automate and Asana Connector
Microsoft Power Automate is a service that allows you to create automated workflows between Microsoft apps/services, with your third-party apps and services allowing them to send notifications, synchronize files, etc. There is an Asana Connector provided that can facilitate Microsoft Power Automate to talk with Asana. Using this Asana Connector, you can create tasks, add comments, complete tasks, list projects, list teams, etc. on Asana.
Microsoft Power Automate’s LinkedIn Connector can be configured in tandem to post company updates like hitting a major development milestone, share an article on LinkedIn, etc. The following image shows how you can create a flow using Microsoft Power Automate:
Limitations of using Microsoft Power Automate
- This method requires an in-depth understanding of Microsoft Power Automate and both of its connectors.
- This method requires programming expertise and could be error-prone for beginners.
- There are some regions like the US Government (GCC High) and parts of China Cloud where this method not work.
This article provided you with an understanding of how you can set up Asana LinkedIn Integration using numerous methods along with its limitations.
Most businesses today use multiple platforms to carry out their day-to-day operations. As a result, all their data is spread across the databases of these platforms. If a business wishes to perform a common analysis of their data, they would first have to integrate the data from all these databases and store it in a centralized location. Building an in-house data integration solution would be a complex task that would require a high volume of resources. Businesses can instead use existing automated No-code data integration platforms like Hevo.
Hevo helps you directly transfer data from a source of your choice to a Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, or desired destination in a fully automated and secure manner without having to write the code. It will make your life easier and make data migration hassle-free. It is User-Friendly, Reliable, and Secure.
Details on Hevo’s pricing can be found here. Give Hevo a try by signing up for the 14-day free trial today.