Over a year into the Covid-19 pandemic, businesses have gradually adapted to the ever-changing realities. Unified Communication and Collaboration (UC&C) Tools like Microsoft Teams, etc., have been reliable resources during this transition. Work-from-home policies would not have been this effective if not for these Collaboration Tools.
Although Microsoft Teams is one of the most popular and widely used Unified Communication and Collaboration Tools for its unique features, it is always recommended to have Asana Microsoft Teams Integration for your business. Asana Microsoft Teams Integration allows everyone in your team to remotely work together effectively and efficiently.
This article introduces you to Asana and Microsoft Teams and their key features. It also introduces you to Asana Microsoft Teams Integration and provides you with a simplified guide to manually set up Asana Microsoft Teams Integration.
Table of Contents
Listed below are the prerequisites for setting up Asana Microsoft Teams Integration:
- An Asana account.
- A Microsoft Teams account with administrator privileges. Make sure you are allowed to install and use applications.
Introduction to Asana
Asana is a Customizable Workplace Content Management System (CMS) so that your business can address needs and progress. It eliminates the need for constant meetings, E-Mail updates, and memos. It is an advanced Content Management System that helps you streamline all your projects. It provides you with a platform where you can connect with your team members, analyze their performance, and also address issues all in one place.
Asana is a web-based software that simplifies project management. It helps teams stay on top of their game, so they can accomplish more together. For example, Dropbox, Pinterest, Airbnb, and Deloitte are just a few of the many companies that use Asana to stay ahead of the competition.
Key Features of Asana
Listed below are the key features of Asana:
- Project and Task Management Tool: Asana will help you stay on top of your projects with its easy-to-use project and task management tools. The board for each project will detail all the initiatives, meetings, and programs involved in that project. In addition, you can break the project down into subtasks to make it more manageable and list all the steps to complete it.
- Communication Tool: With Asana, you can track all your messages, and assign tasks to these messages. Moreover, it allows you to use project conversations to redirect or conclude an ongoing discussion.
- Management and Reporting Tool: With Asana’s reporting tools, you can keep project updates organized and send update reminders to your team when necessary. You can use Asana to set goals for your team and at the same time track everyone’s progress to reward and encourage hard work. You can also craft status updates for projects and portfolios, and check your Dashboard for the status.
For more information on Asana, click here.
Introduction to Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is a powerful Collaboration Tool that offers many features for business communications, including Document Sharing, Online Meetings, a persistent Chat-based Collaboration Platform. Shared workspace software makes this much easier to achieve, especially if you have a team in a very large company or if some members are based remotely.
Microsoft Teams is Microsoft’s core Cloud-based Unified Communications (UC) product. With its combination of chat, voice, and video features, Microsoft Teams is designed to help your business communicate more efficiently. For example, you can share screens with any team member or talk to them via voice or video chat.
Key Features of Microsoft Teams
Listed below are some of the key features of Microsoft Teams:
- Chat: Microsoft Teams provides you with a Chat-based Collaborative Workspace that offers you both the features – one-on-one and group chats. Both the features are persistent which eliminates the need to search for conversation histories. Microsoft Teams’ chat also has modern messaging features like text formatting, emoticons, superiority flagging, etc.
- Meetings: With Microsoft Teams, you can set up meetings with your team members (up to 250 users per session). However, you can simultaneously stream your meeting for up to 10,000 viewers. For that, you will have to integrate Microsoft Teams with Microsoft Stream.
- File-Sharing: With the Document Management feature provided by Microsoft Teams, you can share your files with your team members. The team members can further store, share and edit files within Microsoft Teams. Moreover, you can also collaborate with others on the same document in real-time.
For more information on Microsoft Teams, click here.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to Load Data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDKs, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse, enriches the data, and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without writing a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.
Get Started with Hevo for free
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and your data volume grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Importance of Asana Microsoft Teams Integration
Listed below are the importance of Asana Microsoft Teams Integration for your business:
- With Asana Microsoft Teams Integration, you can easily convert your Microsoft Teams conversations and meetings into Asana tasks. This makes it easier for you to keep track of all the tasks assigned to every individual during the meeting.
- Asana Microsoft Teams Integration allows you to have group conversations in Microsoft Teams when simultaneously working on an Asana project.
- Asana Microsoft Teams Integration increases context switching and decreases visibility into the work, resulting in effective and purposeful team collaborations.
- Asana Microsoft Teams Integration allows you to create structured tasks and projects. This converts the discussion between the members into actions. Moreover, it also allows you to search for the information or data your need without actually leaving Microsoft Teams.
Steps to Set Up Asana Microsoft Teams Integration
Now you have a basic understanding of Asana and Microsoft Teams and the importance of their collaboration for your business. Let’s move on to the steps you must follow to set up Asana Microsoft Teams Integration:
Step 1: Log In to your Microsoft Teams Account
Log in to your Microsoft Teams account (it is recommended to use the desktop app) as shown in the image below. In case you do not have a Microsoft Teams account, click here to create a new account.
Step 2: Add Asana App
Follow the steps below to add the Asana app to your Microsoft Teams account:
- Under the left navigation bar, click on the “Apps” tab.
- Search for the Asana app and then click on the “Add” button as shown in the image below.
Step 3: Login and Verify your Asana Workspace
Once you have added the Asana app to your Microsoft Teams account, the Asana bot will show up in your chat. It will prompt you to log in and verify your Asana workspace. Complete that and you will be all set to use the Asana Microsoft Teams Integration.
That’s it! You have successfully set up Asana Microsoft Teams Integration.
The article has introduced you to Asana and Microsoft Teams and their key features. It also provided you with the significance of Asana Microsoft Teams Integration for your business. Furthermore, the article also provided you with a comprehensive step-by-step guide that would come in handy while setting up Asana Microsoft Teams Integration manually.
With the complexity involved in Manual Integration, businesses are leaning towards Automated Integration. It is hassle-free, easy to operate, and does not require any technical background. In such a case Hevo Data is the right choice for you!
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of setting up Asana Microsoft Teams Integration in the comments section below!