WordPress started as an Open-Source Content Management System (CMS), that was written in PHP supplemented with a MariaDB or MySQL database. It was developed as a blog-publishing system but it evolved to support other types of web content like Forums, Traditional Mailing Lists, Online Stores, to name a few.
This blog talks about the sites where you can avail the best Web Hosting for WordPress. It also gives a brief introduction to WordPress and its salient features before diving into the different aspects of WordPress Website Hosting.
Table of Contents
What is WordPress?
WordPress is currently one of the most widely used CMS in the market, with over 41% of the top 10 million websites leveraging it. WordPress has also found uses across other fields such as Pervasive Display Systems (PDS) (application domains such as healthcare, computing, etc).
To start working on WordPress, you need to install it on a Web Server, where a computer runs the software package WordPress.org to serve as a Network Host or as a part of a hosting service like WordPress.com. You can use a local computer for learning purposes and single-user testing.
WordPress ensures more human-readable permalinks by directing all requests for non-static URIs to a single PHP file. This file can parse the URI and identify the target page.
Key Features of WordPress
Here are a few key features of WordPress:
- Ease of Publishing: WordPress became popular because of how easy it was to publish any form of content to the Internet with it. You can pen down pages and posts, plug in different types of media, and format them seamlessly in a matter of a few clicks. Once you have ironed out the details, you can get your content on the web with just a click with WordPress.
- Publishing Tools: You can manage your content seamlessly with WordPress. You can glance through post revisions, create drafts, and even schedule publications. You can decide if you wish to make your content private or public. If you wish to make some content private, you can secure it with a password in a hassle-free fashion.
- Simplicity: The WordPress interface allows you to get publishing very quickly, with a simplistic UI to supplement your user experience.
- User Management: You can decide the different levels of access for your website. Every website has several people associated with it. An Editor works on content, the Administrator manages the site, Contributors and Authors write the content, and subscribers have a profile to manage.
- Flexibility: WordPress allows you to develop almost every type of website imaginable, ranging from a personal blog to an eCommerce website. You can improve your website with custom themes built for specific use cases and supplement it with various plugins to work on a better user interface for your users. WordPress also grants you the freedom to build a website from scratch and build it to completion in no time flat.
- Optimized for SEO: WordPress has been optimized for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) right out of the gate. To achieve a more fine-grained SEO control, you can utilize various SEO plugins offered by WordPress.
- Media Management: The ability to add media seamlessly is imperative for a CMS. With WordPress in place, you can simply drag-and-drop media to the uploader to add it to your website. Apart from the ability to add captions and alt text, WordPress houses a few image editing tools that you can play around with.
- Easy Installation and Upgrades: WordPress is very easy to install and upgrade. Numerous web hosts offer One-Click WP Installers. If you prefer an FTP program, you can start with creating a database, uploading WordPress with FTP, and then running the installer.
What is WordPress Hosting?
WordPress Hosting is a Web Hosting product that has been pre-configured to host a WordPress propelled website effectively. You can use WordPress Hosting to secure, simplify, and speed up a WordPress install as compared to a WordPress install on a typical Linux server.
Generally, WordPress Hosting Plans base the pricing on the forecasted number of visits or the number of installs instead of allocated resources. This might simplify the hunt for a viable solution, but it also means that you have to reframe what you are paying for as compared to traditional Web Hosting. For instance, on a shared Hosting Plan with no limits on domains, you can probably run 12 microsites that are powered by WordPress. You could also run a single WordPress website with say 40,000 visits per month. Since you’re handling the resource allocation, you have the freedom to choose.
What Makes the Best WordPress Hosting?
Here are a few key factors you should look for in a good WordPress host:
- Dedicated Support Team
- Server Resources (Bandwidth, Memory, Processors, etc.)
- Specifics on Caching, Memory Allocation, etc.
- Unique and Hard to Create Configurations (NGINX, Staging, etc)
- Plan Bonuses (WordPress Plugin, WordPress Theme, Builders, Free SSL Certificate, etc.)
- Performance (Pageload Tests with Pingdom and UptimeRobot can be used to ascertain the performance of different candidates)
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data helps you integrate and load data from 100+ Data Sources such as WordPress (including 40+ Free Data Sources) to a destination of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources allows users to bring in data of different kinds in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- Transformations: Hevo provides preload transformations through Python code. It also allows you to run transformation code for each event in the Data Pipelines you set up. You need to edit the event object’s properties received in the transform method as a parameter to carry out the transformation. Hevo also offers drag and drop transformations like Date and Control Functions, JSON, and Event Manipulation to name a few. These can be configured and tested before putting them to use.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ Integrations to SaaS platforms such as WordPress, files, databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Amazon Redshift, Firebolt, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Databricks, Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL databases to name a few.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Top 12 Best WordPress Hosting in 2021
Here are the best WordPress Hosting websites available in the marketplace for 2021:
Best WordPress Hosting Providers: SiteGround
SiteGround is reportedly the best overall WordPress host at $3.99/month. The company has been steadily rising through the ranks owing to its for-WordPress Optimized Servers along with Managed WordPress Hosting at a pricing range that is quite affordable. On top of this, SiteGround is one of the few hosts officially recommended by WordPress.org.
SiteGround offers multiple packages to choose from StartUp, GoGeek, and GrowBig packages. It is recommended to leverage the GrowBig or GoGeek plans as they come with additional perks that include premium wildcard SSL certificates, Staging, Advanced Caching (tailored by SiteGround), and free PCI compliance if you wish to run an eCommerce store as well.
You can get WordPress up and running on SiteGround in just a few clicks. You can choose your server location during the setup process as well. There are five data centers to choose from in Asia, the USA, and Europe.
SiteGround also offers top-tier customer support to its users through phone, tickets, social media, and chat. The SiteGround customer support can easily access your account and quickly fix any issues. On top of this, their support agents have in-depth knowledge of WordPress Hosting and WordPress. This allows them to help you out with a range of other issues that might not be hosting-related.
Best WordPress Hosting Providers: BlueHost
BlueHost is another cheap WordPress hosting solution. But it is the only website in this list that does not offer a dedicated monthly package. The minimum requirement is a 12-month commitment which is compensated for by a strong money-back guarantee policy.
Apart from the standard cPanel options, BlueHost provides one-click WordPress installations that are handled by a service called MojoMarketPlace. Service through chat support is friendly and fast when it comes to BlueHost.
Best WordPress Hosting Providers: Kinsta
Kinsta is known as a boutique hosting provider for WordPress that can primarily focus on optimized managed hosting setups. Despite Kinsta falling under the boutique category, it has the full power of the Google Cloud Platform behind it. It can take Google’s infrastructure and make it easier and more accessible to use. Kinsta does not leverage the traditional cPanel UI. Instead, it provides a custom panel to its users that puts the focus on what’s important while hiding everything else.
Since Kinsta is a managed WordPress hosting provider, they can easily handle every server-management-related task for you.
While setting up your account, you can tell Kinsta to install WordPress on your hosting account for you by simply ticking one box. As far as customer support is concerned, Kinsta provides its users with 24*7 ticket and chat support. The Kinsta representatives are well-versed with WordPress and can easily help you with anything that you might be struggling with. Since you don’t have to deal with cPanel, it can drastically reduce the number of times you need to contact support for help.
Best WordPress Hosting Providers: Hostinger
Hostinger is one of the most sought-after WordPress Hosting providers owing to its entry-level pricing. At just $1.99/month, you can build an entire website and host up to 10,000 visitors/month. Apart from this, you also get a free SSL and one email account.
Plus, Hostinger also has a couple of WordPress-specific features for its users. This includes a guided installation guide that has an in-house site-building site wizard to speed things up. Once you get WordPress running, you don’t have to worry about maintenance. Most of the things like plugin and core updates are easily handled by Hostinger and can occur automatically. To improve the speed of your website, Hostinger leverages LiteSpeed Cache (pre-configured).
Hostinger offers its users with one-click installation and you can choose from eight data center locations across the globe. This includes Indonesia, the UK, USA, Brazil, India, Singapore, Lithuania, and the Netherlands.
While logging in for the first time, you can surf through the site-setup wizard. You can also choose from a vast array of Hostinger’s pre-approved themes and pick one that suits your website the best.
Hostinger offers 24*7 customer support to its users. Its customer support team is fairly easy to contact, plus, they can help you out with all kinds of queries (WordPress or otherwise). But, you might have to wait a couple of minutes before garnering a response from the customer support team.
Best WordPress Hosting Providers: Flywheel
Flywheel gives you a very enticing offer if you want managed WordPress hosting for your website but can’t afford a lot of money for the same. It has a $13/month plan that allows you to host one WordPress website while handling up to 5,000 website visitors monthly (20 GB of bandwidth). You can also avail of 5 GB of free site migration and disk space. All Flywheel servers run on the Google Cloud Platform.
Flywheel provides you with handy features like multisite support, daily backups, staging (this can be used if you wish to test new things before rolling them out to the public), SFTP, and a free SSL certificate. They can also take care of your WordPress updates through the main Flywheel panel instead of letting you stumble around with that from the wp-admin.
Flywheel offers a couple of ways of installing WordPress. First, you can migrate your existing site from your previous host for free, or you can use a tool called Local by Flywheel to build a site locally that you can then export to your live Flywheel setup, or you can also create a new site from the Flywheel dashboard in a matter of a few simple clicks.
Flywheel provides free chat support 24*7. You can also submit support tickets when you feel the need to.
Best WordPress Hosting Providers: WP Engine
The entry-level plan for WP Engine allows you to have 1 WordPress Install, and it can handle up to 25,000 visits a month. The whole sign-up process is pretty straightforward for WP Engine. At the end of the signup, WP Engine sends an email to you with all the access credentials and important data concerning your website.
WP Engine offers great support options through both chat and helpdesk. You can also avail of their phone support if you’re on a higher pricing plan.
Best WordPress Hosting Providers: DreamHost
DreamHost offers slick account signup and the major selling point for DreamHost happens to be its SSD servers. DreamHost, similar to a lot of the other providers on the list, offers one-click install options. On top of this, the DreamHost interface is fairly straightforward to navigate.
You can easily reach customer support through chat and hope for a speedy resolution of your issue.
Best WordPress Hosting Providers: A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting broke out onto the scene owing to their affordable prices and impeccable performance as compared to other similarly priced hosts. The company boasts more than 10 years of experience in the hosting world, which has helped them establish its foothold in this market. Their WordPress Website Hosting offering is set on some key principles: offering high security, being developer-friendly, good performance, and a WordPress-optimized environment.
All the WordPress hosting accounts with A2 Hosting are provided with WordPress pre-installed. You can also install new instances of WordPress with the help of Softaculous’ one-click installer. A2 Hosting also provides you with 24*7*365 support. They claim to pick their support team from a bustling crowd of vastly knowledgable technicians. When contacting support, you can use phone calls, live chat, or email.
Best WordPress Hosting Providers: InMotion Hosting
InMotion provides you with a lot of hosting options. To look at its WordPress hosting options, you can look through its “WordPress Hosting” section. The plan “Launch” is the most affordable of the lot. In this plan, you get SSD disk space without any additional fees. Plus, you have two websites on this plan, and you also get a free SSL certificate.
Similar to A2 Hosting, you get WordPress pre-installed. All you have to do is tick the checkbox on the right-hand side of the window during checkout. Also during install, you can select your preferred “max speed zone”. You can choose from west and east. Depending on what you choose, the website is going to be faster in some parts of the globe as compared to others.
Once you’ve signed up, you can see that InMotion Hosting offers multiple tutorials and guides on various hosting-related matters. On top of this, chat support is offered 24*7.
Best WordPress Hosting Providers: HostGator
You can easily signup with HostGator after which you are greeted by a pretty traditional cPanel setup on the backend without any incidents. You can use the in-built cPanel WordPress installer to seamlessly install WordPress for HostGator.
In terms of chat support, you might hit a slight snag with a wait time of up to 8 Minutes on chat. As compared to the other items on the list, chat support is a little difficult to navigate through for HostGator.
Best WordPress Hosting Providers: GoDaddy
GoDaddy enjoys the biggest market share for hosting, despite its not-so reputable interface. You can sign up to GoDaddy without a hitch which will lead you to an easy-to-navigate backend. You can use the built-in installer to install WordPress on GoDaddy. GoDaddy also boasts a supremely professional and friendly support staff.
GoDaddy has a pricing range starting from as low as 199 INR/month for their basic plan to their eCommerce plan starting from 999 INR/month. If you choose to opt for an annual plan, you can save upto 33% on costs for the eCommerce plan.
Best WordPress Hosting Providers: GreenGeeks
You can turn to GreenGeeks if you want an environment-conscious choice since this WordPress hosting platform has been built with the principle of “maximum use”. This means that the architecture ensures that no resources are wasted whatsoever. The company also claims that every amperage they pull from the grid is re-invested three times over in the form of renewable energy through the Bonneville Environmental Foundation.
GreenGeeks provides you with 1-click WordPress install options. Plus, you also get automatic updates. This makes managing the site consistently more seamless. You can use chat, email, or phone support to resolve any issues you may face. GreenGeeks also provides you with a vast array of tutorials and a comprehensive knowledge base on their site.
This blog talks about the different aspects of WordPress Hosting after a brief introduction to WordPress. This includes the 12 best hosting service providers in the marketplace for 2021 that include the likes of GoDaddy, Kinsta, GreenGeeks, Hostinger, and much more.
Extracting complex data from a diverse set of data sources such as WordPress can be a challenging task and this is where Hevo saves the day!
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data offers a faster way to move data from WordPress and 100+ Data Sources (Including 40+ Free Data Sources), other SaaS applications, or Databases into your Data Warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.