Bing Ads is one of the paid Search Marketing techniques that can be used to increase your brand awareness. These ads run over Google’s network. Still, Bing Ads aren’t as popular as Google AdWords as an advertising tool.
Research indicates that 46 million Marketers perform paid search advertising. However, all your ads might not connect to your target audience. This is the reason for Bing’s growth across 23% online search. As most of the Marketers opt for Google AdWords Marketing, Bing lowers the competition.
YouTube Analytics is another effective platform for analyzing the effectiveness of your Marketing Strategy. From gauging Key Metrics to implementing specific goals within your strategy, there’s a lot that can be done. Integrating these two platforms can even reap greater benefits for your Marketing approach.
This article introduces the concepts of Bing Ads and YouTube Analytics along with their key features. You will read about how Key Metrics in YouTube Video Ads work, and how you can set up a Bing YouTube Analytics Integration in the simplest manner.
Table of Contents
- Working knowledge of Bing Ads.
- Working knowledge of YouTube Analytics.
- An Active Bing Ads account.
- An Active YouTube account.
- Basic Understanding of CSV/Excel Files.
Introduction to Bing Ads
Bing Ads is a Microsoft Advertising pay-per-click (PPC) platform, essentially designed to build a stronger brand presence, increase your ROI, and drive more traffic on websites. Usually, Bing Ads run on Bing Search Engine and its partners like AOL, Yahoo, etc. The ads you run can be seen at the top, bottom, or on the overall Search Engine Results Page (SERP). On any Microsoft product, Bing opens by default.
Following a similar sort of strategy as Google AdWords, Bing Ads offers advertisers an opportunity to show their ads to users who have searched for that particular keyword. So to run a successful Bing Ads campaign, the Marketers need to make a thorough search for keywords so that it appears on the Search Result Page. In exchange, the Marketers need to pay a small amount for every ad clicked.
The best that Bing Ads offers is a platform where you can get sure-shot hyper-specific customers, and target a potential audience with the wider search of keywords. This strategy is evident to be successful because of millions of active users researching or making an immediate purchase. According to Microsoft’s report, 6 billion searches occur on the Search Engine platform every month. With lowered pay-per-click cost (PPC), Marketers should not let the opportunity to gain higher ROI.
Key Features of Bing Ads
Bing Ads comprise excellent features which promise to reach millions of people each day. These are as follows:
- Better Reach: It is a well-known fact that Bing Ads don’t account for a maximum percentage in the global Search Engine market. With only 6% of the Search Engine market holder, Bing Ads reach a total of 63 million users per day. Advertisers must not lose such an opportunity. Its growth is rising every moment, promising to provide not only clear visibility but also wider reach.
- Demographics: Bing Ads source-target audience depending upon their demographics. For Marketing your products, Bing Advertising is valuable because it’s better to target the audience based on their gender- age, context, specific area, and many more.
- Cost-Effective: Creating interactive Bing Ads is quite affordable. This aspect depends upon your budget for selecting keywords. As it holds less share in the Search Engine Market, its budget is defined much lower. The interesting fact about using Bing Ads is that you can create a Microsoft account for free. You need to pay only for the keywords that you are thinking of adding.
- Flexible Click-Through Rates: Bing Ads have reached their target audience which means higher CTR and more engagement. It depends upon the optimization of Bing Ads, the better the ad campaign, the better is the CTR.
- Higher Conversion Rates: Bing Ads target a higher conversion rate for ads clicks landing to the desired page. Overall, 2.94 % is the average conversion rate, which is a decent number. Bing promises to see a higher conversion rate, and you can check these through Ad Metrics in Microsoft Advertising Platform.
For further information on Bing Ads, you can check out their official site
Introduction to YouTube Analytics
YouTube Analytics is the correct path that guides you throughout your Marketing Efforts. Shooting a video, and posting it on YouTube with some random title is not worth it. You must know how the video will be successful! You need to keep a strong track of every action happening on YouTube. YouTube Analytics depicts an insight to observe and monitor your Performance Metrics. Not only does it help in observation but it also contributes to achieving specific goals like increasing the number of subscribers, improving the number of views, and identifying the growth rate.
Marketers get an opportunity to track their real-time Video Metrics and even seek which videos are viewed maximum times by the viewers. YouTube Analytics is beneficial only after following some key constraints. Firstly, it needs dedicated improvement every time. YouTube Analytics data can help you achieve specific goals only if your video content is liked by the viewers. You need to put an effort into curating high-quality content. You must create a connection with your viewers.
Why is YouTube Analytics important? Just to give you a clue to some fascinating ways for improving Video Metrics or Marketing Efforts. It monitors the quality of the content, claims content with updated data metrics, and stores it into reports. This report comprises several views, traffic sources, and demographics.
Key Features of YouTube Analytics
Some contemporary features of YouTube Analytics are mentioned below:
- Watch Time: Watch Time represents the time spent by the user watching every video. This is one of the ranking features for YouTube videos. It influences the search time algorithm on YouTube which means if your video has received higher watch time, then it will consider recommending your video over top search results. Higher watch time can result in improved brand awareness.
- Audience Engagement: The next amazing feature of YouTube Analytics is one that updates you about audience retention. It measures metrics to check how long the audience watches your videos. If the audience quits watching your video before the end, then the Analytics generates some patterns structuring the issues. Furthermore, you can work on improving the content, or reducing the time length to some extent.
- Demographics: To give more clarity about the target audience, demographics are the most important to consider. Using variant factors like age, gender, location, device, etc you can find out who is viewing your video. This feature enables communication effectively with the target audience.
- Marketing Campaign & Growth Rate: YouTube Analytics can probably improve the growth rate of subscribers and overall channel growth. YouTube provides an opportunity to run campaigns to increase brand awareness and achieve fruitful views.
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo helps you integrate data from 100+ data sources like YouTube Analytics and Bing Ads (including 30+ Free Data Sources) to a destination of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner. Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources allows users to bring in data of different kinds in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ integrations to SaaS platforms, files, databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, MongoDB, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL databases to name a few.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
You can try Hevo for free by signing up for a 14-day free trial.
Understanding Key YouTube Analytics Video Ad Metrics
As mentioned previously, YouTube Analytics grants an opportunity to improve the Video Ad content. Sometimes creators can be confused about what video content they must focus on. To measure the performance of Video Ads, YouTube offers two views widely.
The first Ad data view is to measure the video content, on using it as an ad. You will get to see the data quickly, once you run the ad. The second one is the Organic data view which measures the performance of the video content when the users watched the video in an organic context. With the help of Video Ad metrics, you can ensure audience retention, measure viewer’s engagement, and viewer’s performance.
Steps to Set up Bing YouTube Analytics Integration
Now that you have an idea about what Bing Ads and YouTube Analytics bring to the table you can better understand the process behind setting up a Bing YouTube Analytics Integration. Setting up Bing YouTube Analytics Integration is quite easy. This integration enables the Advertisers or Marketers to observe their Performance Metrics and find ways of improvement if any. The setup of Bing YouTube Analytics Integration is divided into two simple steps. They are as follows:
Step 1: Export Data from YouTube Analytics as CSV/Excel Files
This is the first step that you need to follow while setting up a Bing YouTube Analytics Integration. In this step, the present Performance Metrics data is exported as CSV or Excel files. The Performance Metrics comprise the number of views per video, audience retention, demographics, the growth rate of several channels, and subscriber growth rate. This data is exported as CSV files or Excel files. You can export data based on channel-specific or video-specific data. Follow the steps below to export the data from YouTube Analytics and lay a foundation of Bing YouTube Analytics Integration:
1. Open your favorite browser, search for YouTube.
2. Sign in using Google Account. Click on the profile option present at the left.
3. Under the Profile Section, Select YouTube Studio.
4. Scroll down and click on Analytics.
5. Find the Report that you want to download. Some changes can be done as per your requirement.
6. At the top, select Export current file, and choose the format.
This completes the step 1 of setting up Bing YouTube Analytics Integration.
Step 2: Import YouTube Ads Data to Bing Ads
Microsoft Advertising platform, Bing Ads can import the data file of some other online Marketing Campaign. Remember, the file must be in CSV format or Excel format to set up a Bing YouTube Analytics Integration. Follow the steps below to import the YouTube Ads data file to Bing Ads:
1. Head over to the Bing Ads Microsoft Advertising page, at the top click Import Campaigns.
2. Then click on Import from file explorer.
3. On the home page, click on Browser and select the import file option.
4. Click on Continue. Check for all the adjustments as they must match with the Data File.
5. Choose Import Options, to select specific terms like Bid URL, Landing Page, Tracking template, and add the extension.
6. Click on Import. Review the Import Summary. Click on View Imported Campaign. This will mark the last step of Bing YouTube Analytics Integration.
This is how you ca set up Bing YouTube Analytics Integration using the CSV Files.
Limitations of Manually Setting up Bing YouTube Analytics Integration
While setting up a Bing YouTube Analytics Integration, you might come across some hurdles. This setup of Bing YouTube Analytics Integration is a bit challenging due to the following reasons:
- Less Throughput: The CSV file contains more than 500 records. Due to the large volume of data, sometimes the platform lacks in providing stable throughput. Due to this, while importing data you may face some delay.
- Inconsistent Data: While Exporting data from YouTube Analytics cross-check whether you are exporting the data properly. Because if you fail this step, you may get an error while importing the file.
- Performance: Due to lack of Throughput and Latency, your system may sometimes take some time to respond or hang for several times. This degrades your performance.
- Manual work: Following the steps for Integration of Bing Ads with YouTube Analytics is tedious and time-consuming. It requires a lot of manual work and proper attention. There’s a tendency for human error.
This article teaches you how to set up a Bing YouTube Analytics Integration. It provides in-depth knowledge about the concepts behind every step to help you understand and implement them efficiently. These methods, however, can be challenging especially for a beginner & this is where Hevo saves the day.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps you integrate &transfer data from a source/s of your choice such as YouTube Analytics and Bing Ads in a fully automated and secure manner without having to write the code repeatedly. Hevo with its strong integration with 100+ sources & BI tools (free as well as paid sources) allows you to not only export & load data, but also transform & enrich your data, & make it analysis-ready in a jiffy.
Want to give Hevo a shot? Sign up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Tell us about your experience of setting up Bing YouTube Analytics Integration! Let us know in the comments section below.