Do you want to transfer your data from Jira to Chartio? Is it true that you are finding it challenging to set up the Chartio Atlassian(Jira) integration? Assuming indeed, you’ve arrived at the correct spot! This article will answer all your questions and diminish the strain of discovering a really efficient arrangement. Follow our simple bit-by-bit manual to help you ace the expertise of proficiently moving all your valuable data from Jira to Chartio.
Give this article a go, and by the end of it, you will be able to establish the Chartio Atlassian(Jira) connection seamlessly. The connection will help you perform in-depth analysis in real-time, helping you take your business to new heights of profitability.
Table of Contents
- What is Jira?
- What is Chartio?
- Methods to Set up Chartio Atlassian(Jira) Integration
- A Jira Atlassian account.
- A working Chartio account.
- Basic understanding of Data replication.
- Working knowledge of CSV files.
What is Jira?
JIRA is a software/tool developed by an Australian Company named Atlassian. This product is utilized for bug tracking, reporting issues, and project management. It is extensively used for project management within firms. Your software development team can use it to create roadmaps and distribute tasks across the team and plan sprints. The fundamental utilization of this platform is to track issues and bugs identified within your product and mobile applications.
The JIRA dashboard comprises numerous valuable capacities and highlights, which make dealing with issues simple. It can help you deliver your product faster by making smarter plans for the team. To learn about how to load Data from JIRA to the Data warehouse, click here.
Key Features of Jira
- Project Tracking: You can track your ongoing project at any stage using Jira. The customized query language of Jira (JQL) gives you the liberty to filter or sort different issues based on certain parameters.
- Reports: Jira provides legitimate data in a helpful arrangement called reports. There are numerous reports accessible in Jira that can help you uncover insights on various product situations.
- Security: The security settings in Jira software restrict access to a certain bug, only to the people of a team who are working together at a given security level.
- Roadmap: Jira allows the users to build roadmaps for a larger piece of work, several months in advance
- Agile Development: Agile development is Jira’s major application and it offers smooth use of the multitude of highlights of Scrum boards and Kanban boards.
- Dashboard: Your dashboard is the first thing you see when you sign in to Jira. You can make an individual dashboard and add devices to monitor tasks and issues you’re working on. Dashboards are intended to show gadgets that assist you in sorting out your tasks and accomplishments using numerous graphs and visualizations.
To know more about Jira, you can click here to check out their official website.
What is Chartio?
Chartio is a popular Cloud-based Business Intelligence tool that helps users analyze data from various sources and build reports and dashboards. It provides the users with different functionalities to perform exploratory analysis and a central dashboard to display specific information to the users.
Users can also share dashboards via scheduled emails or reports and view historical data and track various business metrics with the help of Chartio’s Snapshot feature. The data is SSL-encrypted and is transferred via a reverse SSH tunnel, providing control over the connection and data to the users.
Key Features of Chartio
- Easy to Use: Chartio is streamlined in such a way that it can be used even by users having a non-technical background.
- Speed and Simplicity: Chartio can be set up easily and the maximum potential of Chartio can be utilized when speed is required. Once integrated, Chartio can process data within seconds.
- Flexible: Chartio’s adaptable settings can allow users to switch data storage as often as they need to.
- Drag and Drop User Interface: Chartio consists of a drag and drop UI, which is mostly useful for users who are not technically sound.
For further information on Chartio, click here to check out their official website.
Ways to Set up Chartio Atlassian(Jira) Integration
This method involves exporting the CSV file from Jira to Chartio to view, analyze and report it on Chartio. A CSV file is a delimited text file that uses a comma to separate values. This is more of a manual approach in which you have to export your data from Jira in CSV format and then import it to Chartio and set up a Chartio Atlassian(Jira) integration.
Hevo Data provides a hassle-free solution and helps you directly transfer data from Jira to Chartio and numerous other BI tools without any intervention in an effortless manner. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Hevo’s pre-built integration with Jira along with 100+ other data sources will take full charge of the data transfer process, allowing you to focus on key business activities.
Get started with Hevo today! Sign up here for the 14-day free trial!
Methods to Set up Chartio Atlassian(Jira) Integration
There are multiple ways to set up a Chartio Atlassian(Jira) integration, but we have hand-picked two of the easiest methods to do so:
- Method 1: Chartio Atlassian(Jira) Integration using CSV Files
- Method 2: Using Hevo Data to Set up Chartio Atlassian(Jira) Integration
Method 1: Chartio Atlassian(Jira) Integration using CSV Files
In this method, you can export your data be it issues, reports, or some other data in a CSV file and then you can import the CSV file to Chartio to perform exploratory analysis as per your requirements. To do this you need to have a working Jira and Chartio account. Once you have all this you can refer to the following steps:
- Step 1: Connect to your Jira Atlassian Account
- Step 2: Sign in to Jira using your Credentials
- Step 3: Open Jira Software from the Available Options
- Step 4: Exporting the Jira Data in the CSV Format
- Step 5: Import the CSV File to Chartio to Set up Chartio Atlassian Integration
Step 1: Connect to your Jira Atlassian Account
To begin setting up the Chartio Atlassian(Jira) integration, you first need to connect to your Jira account. To do so, click here to open Jira in your web browser.
Step 2: Sign in to Jira using your Credentials
Click on the dropdown box on the top right corner of the page and choose My account. Sign in using your credentials.
Step 3: Open Jira Software from the Available Options
Once you’ve logged in to your Jira account. You will be directed to a page that will show you some helpful links and products that the company offers. You can select the Jira Software from the available options as follows:
Step 4: Exporting the Jira Data in the CSV Format
Click on this link to open your organization’s page. Once you land upon your organization page. Click “Directory” from the menu bar and choose “Managed accounts” from the vertical navigation bar shown on the left. Click the “Export users” button shown on the top right corner of the screen. An email will be sent to you with a link that you can use to download the CSV data for your users. Click that link to download the data.
These are the steps you need to follow to extract the user’s data in the CSV format to begin setting up the Chartio Atlassian(Jira) Integration.
Step 5: Import the CSV File to Chartio to Set up Chartio Atlassian Integration
Once you have exported the data in the CSV format from Jira. Now you need to import the same file to Chartio to complete the Chartio Atlassian(Jira) integration. Now, there are certain things you need to remember before exporting a CSV file.
Things to remember before exporting a CSV file:
- The CSV file should not be greater than 100 MB in size.
- If the size of the CSV file is greater than 100 MB then in that case try segregating the larger file into multiple smaller files.
- Your CSV file should be in a tabular format i.e the data must be represented by rows and columns.
- The header should not contain any special characters like @,#,*, etc.
Once you have taken care of the above things then you are ready to import your CSV file to Chartio.
- Go to the navigation menu and select data sources.
- Click on add data sources.
- Upon clicking, you will get hundreds of sources to import your data from. Select CSV from the options.
- You can give a name to the CSV file as a data source alias.
- Then select the file you want to import from the directory or you can simply drag and drop the file into Chartio.
- Upon uploading the CSV file, you can edit the column name as per your requirement.
- Once you are satisfied with the names of the columns. Click on upload.
Limitations of Integrating Jira and Chartio using CSV Files
- Exporting the data on your own can be gruesome.
- This method is limited to minimal data as you can only import files up to 100MB to Chartio at a particular instant of time.
- Real-time analysis is often a limitation with the manual approach as you can only have historical data to perform analysis.
To overcome the limitations of the manual approach you can always opt for a No-code Data Pipeline Solution such as Hevo Data because it allows you to transfer data in real-time without the hassle of coding or making such exports. Check out the next method for better understanding!
Method 2: Using Hevo Data to Set up Chartio Atlassian(Jira) Integration
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps you directly transfer data from Jira and 100+ other data sources including multiple SaaS applications and databases to Business Intelligence tools such as Chartio, Data Warehouses, or a destination of your choice via its Managed BigQuery Warehouse offering in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo takes care of all your data preprocessing needs and lets you focus on key business activities and draw a much more powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination. To gain more insights, click here.
Hevo allows you to set up Chartio Atlassian(Jira) Integration in just 3 simple steps:
- Configure: Connecting Hevo with Jira or any other data source is as easy as it can get. Just log in with your credentials and let Hevo do the job of extracting the data in a seamless manner.
- Integrate: Consolidate your data from several sources in Hevo’s Managed Data Warehouse Platform and automatically transform it into an analysis-ready form.
- Visualize: Connect Hevo with your desired BI tool which is Chartio in this case and easily visualize your data to gain better insights.
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
This article gave you a step-by-step guide on connecting and transferring your data from Jira to Chartio. It also gave you an overview of both Jira and Chartio along with their features. Overall, Chartio Atlassian(Jira) Integration can be set up using either the manual method or by using Hevo, but if time and ease of use are constraints to you, using automated data platforms like Hevo help you to set up Chartio Atlassian(Jira) Integration seamlessly!
In case you want to integrate data from data sources like Jira into your desired Database/destination and seamlessly visualize it in a BI tool of your choice such as Chartio, then Hevo Data is the right choice for you! It will help simplify the ETL and management process of both the data sources and destinations.
Want to give Hevo a shot? Sign up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Tell us about your experience in Integrating Jira and Chartio. Share your thoughts in the comments section below.