Nearly 1.18 billion websites are present over the Internet, and about 252,000 new websites are created per day, which is 10,500 websites per hour. However, creating and publishing a website is not enough to convert or attract users. You also have to ensure that the website is organized and designed in a way that enhances user engagement. Many tools like Google Analytics and Divi, when used in tandem, assist you in enhancing engagement and attracting customers, while Divi Google Analytics Integration helps you analyze web traffic and make data-driven decisions based on customers’ actions.
In this article, you will learn about Google Analytics, Divi, and methods to connect Google Analytics to Divi theme websites.
Table of Contents
- Fundamental knowledge of analytics and website themes.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a Cloud-based Data Monitoring Tool that measures and generates real-time insights into website traffic. In other words, with Google Analytics, you can get actionable insights into Visitor Engagement. Google Analytics provides you end-to-end reports of your website including, source of traffic, popular or least engaged content, location of your audience, and more. Using such meaningful insights, you can make data-driven decisions to serve your customers better.
According to Builtwith Stats, nearly 29 million websites worldwide use Google Analytics to analyze web traffic and generate real-time insights. Google Analytics not only helps in understanding and engaging the audience but also assists in online advertising with Marketing Strategies.
Since Google Analytics provides credible statistical data insights into your website audience, you can easily engage with your sponsors and affiliates to promote your business/website.
What is Divi?
Designed and developed by Elegant Themes, Divi is one of the most popular premium WordPress Themes used to create websites worldwide. Divi is not just a WordPress theme but also a complete Website Building Framework or platform that allows users to design beautiful websites without any technical or coding knowledge. With Divi’s drag and drop features, you can design and customize every part of your website from scratch. The visual editing feature of Divi helps you design your page and instantly see real-time results.
The Elegant Themes offers a plugin for the Divi theme called Divi Builder. This plugin allows you to add a Divi theme’s Page Builder to any website you create using WordPress, incorporating the features of Divi. Divi has been regularly updating and improving its features to provide a user-friendly Website Development experience for users.
However, since it is a premium theme, it needs to be purchased from the Elegant Themes website. Divi from Elegant Theme has yearly and lifetime plans, providing you unlimited access to other products in the Elegant Themes’ portfolio.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline, helps load data from any data source such as WordPress, WooCommerce, Google Analytics, Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources (including 40+ free data sources) and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo not only loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination but also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. It helps transfer data from Google Analytics, WordPress and WooCommerce to a destination of your choice for free.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Its completely Automated Pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
How to Setup Divi Google Analytics Integration?
Here are the 2 methods for Divi Google Analytics Integration:
Divi Google Analytics Method 1: Manual Method for Connecting Divi Google Analytics
- Step 1: Initially, you have to create a Google Analytics account. For that, click this link and select the “Start for free” button.
- Step 2: If you have already created and opened your Google account in your browser, it automatically links and starts your new Google Analytics account. If not, you can create a new Google account and sign up with Google Analytics.
- Step 3: After that, you will be redirected to the homepage of Google Analytics. On the homepage, click the “Start Measuring” button.
- Step 4: You will be prompted to fill the account setup form in the next step. Set a suitable account name and check the boxes for selecting the appropriate data sharing options. Enable or disable the data sharing options by checking or unchecking the respective checkboxes. You can also leave it as default and click on the “Next” button.
- Step 5: In the next step, you have to enter the property details representing a business’ web or app data. Give a name for a property. You can also provide your website name to easily distinguish each property.
- Step 6: Next, you have to specify the reporting time zone and currency. Both depend on the country and city you are living in. After entering your appropriate property name, time zone, and currency, click on the “Next” button.
- Step 7: Now, you will be asked to fill in some basic information about your business. It asks for industry category, business size, and how you intend to use Google Analytics for your business.
- Step 8: You can select your respective industry category from a dropdown menu. Then, specify how many employees are working with you in your business by clicking on the appropriate radio button. Finally, it asks you how you intend to use Google Analytics for your business. For that, check the boxes according to your use cases. After filling the form, click on the “Create” button on the left bottom corner.
- Step 9: The popup box will appear asking you to read and accept the Google Analytics terms of service agreement. Check the box and click on the “I Accept” button.
- Step 10: You have successfully created your Google Analytics account, which is now ready to connect with Divi manually.
- Step 11: Go to the “Admin” section of your Google Analytics and click on Data Streams under the “Property” menu.
- Step 12: It asks you to choose between Web, Android, and iOS platforms. Click on the Web option since you are about to connect Google Analytics with your website.
- Step 13: Now, you will be led to the “Set up your Web Stream” section. In that, you have to provide your website URL, stream, or website name. You should also provide different metrics that you need to measure on your website. The metrics include page views, scrolls, file downloads, outbound clicks, site search, and much more. By default, it allows you to measure six different user metrics. You can add or remove user metrics based on your preferences by clicking on the gear icon. Once the details are filled in, click on the “Create Stream” button.
- Step 14: Now, you will be provided with stream URL, stream name, measurement ID, tagging instructions, and other details.
- Step 15: Scroll down to the tagging instructions and copy the tracking code by clicking the copy icon as shown in the above image. Now, you are all set to integrate Google Analytics with the Divi website.
- Step 16: Log in to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Step 17: Go to Divi in the left side panel and select “Theme Options.” Divi Theme Options tab will be opened. In that, click on Integration and paste the previously copied Google Analytics tracking code to the “Add code to the <head> of your blog” section. After pasting the code, click the ‘Save changes” button above the Divi Theme Options tab.
Divi Google Analytics Method 2: Connecting Divi Google Analytics using a Plugin
Instead of dealing with any codes, you can use plugins for Divi Google Analytics Integration. Here, you will use a plugin called Google Site Kit that is completely free.
Google Site Kit plugins provide the service of Google products including, Google Analytics, AdSense, Google Search Console. With this plugin, you can manage Google Analytics services for your Divi website from your WordPress dashboard. To install this plugin, follow the below steps.
- Step 1: In your WordPress Dashboard, go to Plugins and click on Add New.
- Step 2: Search for Google Site Kit and click on install now. After installing, click on Activate. You can also download it externally from the WordPress plugin directory.
- Step 3: After activating, you have to set up the plugin by clicking on the “Start Setup” button.
- Step 4: It will ask you to verify your account. For that, click on the “Sign in with Google” button and choose your Google Analytics account. Then, click on the Allow button to grant permissions.
- Step 5: Next, click on the “Proceed” button to complete the verification process.
- Step 6: Now, it will ask you to allow your Divi website to access your Google account data. For that, click on the “Allow” button. It automatically pulls all the properties you created in Google Analytics.
- Step 7: In the final step, click on the “Go to my Dashboard” button. You will be redirected to the Google site kit dashboard. Now, you can use Google Site Kit to set up Google Analytics on your Divi website.
- Step 8: Go to your Google Site Kit workspace and click on “Connect More Services.” You can find the Google Analytics option. From that, click on “Set up Analytics.” After granting permission, you have successfully connected Google Analytics with your Divi website using the Google Site Kit plugin.
This completes the Divi Google Analytics Integration!
In this article, you have learned about Google Analytics and Divi theme. You have also learned different methods to connect Divi Google Analytics. However, similar tools are available to generate your website’s insights and reports. Each analytics tool has its own features and functionalities from which you can select based on your use cases.
With the complexity involved in Manual Integration, businesses are leaning towards Automated Integration. It is hassle-free, easy to operate, and does not require any technical background. In such a case you can explore more of Hevo Data. Hevo Data supports 100+ data sources (including free data sources like Google Analytics, etc.)
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of setting up Divi Google Analytics Integration in the comments section below!
No-code Data Pipeline for Google Analytics