Paper contracts are becoming obsolete, and E-signing alternatives are gaining popularity. There will be no more dealing with printers that are out of ink or don’t work, or using a bunch of papers and clipboards, or any of the other hassles that come with paper agreements. Everything is going digital these days, and similarly, contract signing is no exception. DocuSign relieves you of the effort of implementing and maintaining Digital Signature Systems. The DocuSign Salesforce Integration allows you to simply Create, Customize, Deliver, and Track DocuSign envelopes for a Contact, Company, or Deal record in your Salesforce account.
This article will walk you through the processes of DocuSign Salesforce Integration. You’ll also learn about the benefits of DocuSign Salesforce Integration, as well as other features. A basic introduction to DocuSign and Salesforce is discussed before all of this.
Table of Contents
Introduction to DocuSign
DocuSign is the leading provider of Digital Signatures and Approvals around the world. DocuSign is a service that allows you to submit Contracts/Agreements to all of your signees that require digital signatures to be legally valid. The signees will receive an email with a link to the DocuSign site, where they may peruse the contracts and sign them by providing basic personal information, and the contracts will become legally enforceable. The signed contracts can then be downloaded or forwarded to all parties involved. DocuSign is one of the most trusted and trustworthy solutions for electronic signatures and approvals in the world.
Key Features of DocuSign
- Signer Authentication: Verify that your signers are who they claim to be. Multiple rounds of Authentication raise the bar for signers to establish their identity before being granted document access.
- Archiving and Document Retention: DocuSign’s Tamper-Evident Storage technology maintains signed documents and audit trails, allowing for convenient but secure access.
- Data Fields: Integrate DocuSign with other apps to automatically fill out forms, saving your Time and Reducing Errors. DocuSign’s powerful Form and Field Validation features automate business logic, allowing signers to submit data more quickly while maintaining complete control over the data collected.
- Signing Workflow: You can choose and order any number of signers with DocuSign. You have complete control over every step of the process, including assigning recipients different roles and access beyond signing rights.
- Security: DocuSign safeguards your sensitive information by Encrypting and Tamper-Proofing each document. Authentication tools help establish that signers are who they claim to be at the time of signing, ensuring that your documents will not be challenged in court. Document Security, Electronic Signature Authentication, and System Security are all major objectives for DocuSign.
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a popular Customer Relationship Management (CRM) program that automates Sales and Marketing processes. It is a San Francisco, California-based Subscription-based Pay-As-You-Go American company. Salesforce is the most well-known and successful company CRM software, with customers across a wide range of sectors. It assists your Marketing team in gathering, recording, storing, sorting, and evaluating essential customer data, as well as managing your database and providing appropriate feedback and ideas.
Salesforce also has a variety of built-in applications that are used by internal departments including Sales, Marketing, and Analytics. It also contains a number of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) for accessing and moving data within your company.
Key Features of Salesforce
Salesforce makes it easier for businesses to communicate with their consumers. It provides a standardized platform for businesses to manage their Interactions and Customers. It is the most popular CRM software when it comes to offering organizations a high-productivity environment. Some of Salesforce’s most essential features are as follows:
- Analytics and Forecasting: Salesforce includes configurable dashboards that provide key performance data and reporting tools for your business. This Analysis can help you make better business decisions.
- CRM Automation: Salesforce’s intelligent technology automates a variety of business processes, such as Task Assignment and E-Mail Alert production. It has a process builder that enables you to generate recommendations with only one click. It gives advice on how to proceed with a commercial transaction.
- Account Management: Salesforce gives companies a 360-degree perspective of their consumers. At any moment, users can access Activity Logs, Customer Conversations, Contacts, Internal Account Discussions, and other data.
- Einstein Analytics: It is a Salesforce product that provides intelligent Business Analytics. Users can leverage this data to extract information, forecast Sales, and much more. It allows organizations to create interactive Dashboards and Reports that can be shared.
- Nurturing Lead: Its innovative Lead Nurturing strategy aids firms in increasing Sales. It focuses on attracting and converting customers.
- Opportunity Management: Salesforce allows customers to analyze their products, rivals, and other important information for each transaction with Opportunity Management. When compared to other solutions, this makes it a popular pick.
For further information on Salesforce, check out the official website here.
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up data integration from Salesforce (one of the 30+ Free Data Sources) and 100+ Data Sources and will let you directly load data to a Data Warehouse or the destination of your choice. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.
Get Started with Hevo for free
Let’s look at some of the salient features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-day Free Trial!
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and map it to the destination schema.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100’s of sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within Data Pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Steps to Set up DocuSign Salesforce Integration
The following steps need to be carried out to build the DocuSign Salesforce Integration:
Step 1: Configuring DocuSign in Salesforce
From Salesforce AppExchange download the DocuSign App and set up your account. Now, in your Salesforce account, go to the DocuSign tab:
- Log in as an Administrator to Salesforce.
- Go to the Salesforce App Launcher grid and click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, choose View All.
- Locate the DocuSign eSignature tile and click on it.
- At the top of the website, click on the DocuSign Admin tab.
- Go to the DocuSign tab and click on it. A new tab appears with your connected DocuSign account.
Step 2: DocuSign Salesforce Integration using OAuth
At the top of the DocuSign account page, click on the Settings option. In the left-hand navigation bar, click on the Connect option under the Integrations header. Select the button that says “Add Configuration.” From the dropdown menu, choose Salesforce. The Salesforce Connect icon will appear.
Now, complete the following steps:
- Select the OAuth Radio button.
- Select the OAuth Connect button.
- From the dropdown menu, choose a version of the Salesforce SOAP Web Services API.
- Environment for Salesforce: Choose between Production, Test, and URL.
- Your OAuth access token should be entered here.
- Choose the Connect option.
You have successfully integrated DocuSign and Salesforce. OAuth is used for DocuSign Salesforce Integration. Salesforce usernames and passwords can’t be altered or erased, therefore the connection is safe.
Signature Areas in the Docomotion Designer
Instead of adding signature locations in DocuSign, you can use the Docomotion Designer to define them.
- Add the following text s1 where you want the Tag Information for the first signer to appear while designing the Form in the Designer.
- Using s2 etc., you can add a Location for more than one signer.
- To ensure that the text is not visible in the output, use a white font.
Accessing Output Document of DocuSign Salesforce Integration
To add all required signers/reviewers, click Add Recipients in DocuSign Status Window.
By clicking Next, select the desired position for All Signatures on the Envelope page.
Send the message to transfer the DocuSign Document.
Signature Location in DocuSign and Docomotion Designer
1) Signature Location in DocuSign
2) Signature Location in Docomotion Designer
Key Benefits of DocuSign Salesforce Integration
- DocuSign Salesforce Integration is a Salesforce-integrated eSignature service. Any workflow or approval can be made Simple, Safe, and Totally Digital using DocuSign. DocuSign allows you to Transmit, Sign, and Track Agreements & Approvals from any device, at any time.
- You may use Docomotion to generate a finely designed document based on information from any standard or customized entity in Salesforce that can be signed using DocuSign after you’ve integrated DocuSign and Docomotion.
- If you can integrate DocuSign with Salesforce, you can send your contracts directly from Salesforce to the Proposed Signees. As the contracts are sent via Salesforce, it’s easy to Track and Manage them. You get a single unified view of the stage your deal is in, and the participation of your Salesforce contacts/companies. This reduces the friction for the Sales team as they no longer need to leave Salesforce to send the DocuSign envelopes, moreover they get a single point of Execution and Management of their deals/leads.
This detailed guide provided insights on DocuSign Salesforce Integration. Even after DocuSign Salesforce Integration, syncing data can be time-consuming. Users/business teams should have a Salesforce account and authorize appropriate permissions to set up DocuSign Salesforce Integration for such procedures. This is where Hevo saves the day.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data provides its users with a simpler platform for integrating data from 100+ sources such as Salesforce for Analysis. It is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you combine data from multiple sources. You can use it to transfer data from multiple data sources into your Data Warehouse, Database, or a destination of your choice. It helps transfer data from Salesforce to a destination of your choice for free. It provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to managing data in real-time, ensuring that you always have Analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!
Share your experience of learning about DocuSign Salesforce Integration! Let us know in the comments section below!