Domo Salesforce Integration: 14 Easy Steps
Domo as an integrated platform focuses on delivering BI leverage at a cloud-scale in record time. Data Innovators prefer Domo because it allows you to build a data-driven business, improve internal data utilization, grow external data value among others. Salesforce is a popular Customer Relationship Management Platform that can be used to connect marketing, sales, service, and IT to provide tailored solutions for any size industry or company while guaranteeing a high Return on Investment (ROI).
Table of Contents
The Domo Salesforce connector integration will allow you to extract data from API-enabled editions of Salesforce. In this article, you will get an idea about Domo Salesforce Integration. You will need to authenticate to Salesforce and then grant Domo permission to access their data for this. Generally, the Domo connector is used for pulling data from any API-enabled editions of Salesforce, such as leads, pipeline activity, and so on.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Domo
- Introduction to Salesforce
- Understanding the Steps in Domo Salesforce Integration
- Verifying the Domo Salesforce Connector Installation
Introduction to Domo
Domo offers a wide range of tools like Data Science and Machine Learning tools to name a few. Domo’s full-stack, modern BI platform helps you connect all your data and systems, visualize results, and run your analysis. This helps you optimize your Data Science practice for more confident and faster business decisions.
Domo’s AutoML is integrated with Amazon Sagemaker Autopilot that accelerates model development and makes it possible to share Machine Learning Insights with your teams through apps and visualizations. Here is how AutoML strives to help you move from data to build models and extract insights to influence outcomes pretty quickly:
- Reduced Churn: AutoML allows you to dramatically reduce costs while retaining valuable talent. It also allows you to improve your service/product and increase your customer renewals which goes a long way in reducing Customer Churn.
- Model Cash Flow: AutoML provides a Model Cash Flow for your business that greatly improves forecast accuracy, implements propensity scoring on all marketing and sales activities, recommends revenue-generating activities, and helps you get a better understanding of the events that drove lift. It also gives you the next best action recommendations.
- Remote Work Optimization: AutomL can be used to optimize remote work by modifying your hiring plan, understanding the financial impact, and maximizing cost-efficiency.
Domo takes security and governance pretty seriously when it comes to customer and user data. Here are a few measures that ensure a robust front in terms of security:
- Trusted Attributes: Domo allows you to create policies based on user attributes instead of individuals.
- Custom User Roles: You can manage and create custom user roles apart from the built-in roles in Domo. This can be used to restrict access to Domo.
- User Management via API: By utilizing the Accounts API you can manage a large number of users and their accounts at scale.
- DomoStats: With DomoStats you can better understand your Domo usage, including your dataset information, login trends, along with deletion and creation of content.
- Personalized Data Permissions: You can create entitlement policies to grant data access all the way to the row-level only to authorized groups and individuals.
- Bring Your Own Key (BYOK) Encryption: This provides extra protection of your data through the company keys which can be used to encrypt data.
- Multi-Factor Authentication: You can set up two-step authentication to increase security further.
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce strives to deliver the personalized experiences expected by your customers. Salesforce achieves this through its Salesforce Customer 360 Platform. Here are a few benefits of Salesforce that make it an indispensable tool, to begin with:
- Easy to Manage: Salesforce distinguishes itself by allowing anyone from small-scale organizations to large enterprises to leverage it for their use. Salesforce also offers a training program that will train you from user to administrator in a very accessible manner.
- Flexibility: Salesforce is well known in the marketplace for its adaptability. The objects that can be found in Salesforce can be aligned with your needs at any time. Salesforce ensures that you are not tied into certain workflows, processes, and set page layouts that make it more flexible than similar products in the marketplace.
- Standard API Links: In addition to the countless app integrations in its AppExchange Salesforce offers third-party app integrations as well. As an extensive web-based platform a lot of suppliers offer standard API links on Salesforce. This means you get to choose from several options the tool that suits your needs the best.
- Extensive Web-Based Platform: Salesforce is one of the world’s largest ecosystems that undergo constant evaluation from its users which is used by its dedicated team of developers to provide the best experience to its users. It ensures that as a user you will be utilizing the most up-to-date tooling at your disposal.
Simplify your Data Analysis with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo helps you integrate data from 100+ data sources (Including Free Sources like Salesforce) to a BI tool of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner. Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources provides users with the flexibility to bring in data of different kinds, in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
To create a DataSet and connect to your Salesforce account you must have the following:
- The username and password for your Salesforce account. If you don’t have it. You can create it here.
- The username and password for your Trailblazers account. If you don’t have it. You can create it here.
Understanding the Steps in Domo Salesforce Integration
The Domo Salesforce Connector Package will allow Salesforce users to import their data into Domo. Follow the below steps to download and install the Connector Package from the AppExchange.
- Step 1: Log In to https://trailblazer.me/settings and click on the Settings.
- Step 2: Click on the Connect button to connect Trailblazers account to Salesforce.
- Step 3: Provide your Salesforce account credential and click on the Login button. You should see the following page:
- Step 4: Click on the Link Account. You should see the following page:
- Step 5: Next, Go to the Salesforce AppExchange using the URL https://appexchange.salesforce.com, search for “Domo Connector Package“. You should see the following page:
- Step 6: Next, Click on the Domo connector package. You should see the following page:
- Step 7: Click on Get It Now. You should see the following page:
- Step 8: Click on “Install in Production“. You should see the following page:
- Step 9: Accept the terms and conditions then click on the Confirm and Install. You will be asked to provide your Salesforce login credentials:
- Step 10: Provide your Salesforce login user and password then, click on the Login button. You will be asked to register your mobile number:
- Step 11: Provide your mobile number and click on the Register button. You will get a code on your mobile:
- Step 12: Provide your code and click on the Verify button. You should see the following page:
- Step 13: Select Install for All Users and click on the Install button. After the installation has been completed, you should get the following page:
- Step 14: Click on the Done button to finish.
Verifying the Domo Salesforce Connector Installation
At this point, the Domo Salesforce connector package is installed. Now, you will need to use Domo Salesforce Managed Package Validator to verify the installation.
Follow the below steps to verify your installation:
- Step 1: Create an account on Domo at https://www.domo.com/start/free. Once you are logged in, you will be redirected to the Domo dashboard:
- Step 2: Select your Salesforce and click on the CONNECT. You should see the following page:
- Step 3: Select your account credential and click on the Next button. You should see the following page:
- Step 4: Click on the Next button. You should see the following page:
- Step 5: In the Update menu select Manually and click on the Next button. You should see the following page:
- Step 6: Define your DATASET NAME and click on the SAVE button. You should see the following page:
- Step 7: Click on the SETTINGS menu. If everything has been set up correctly, you should see the message “Validation Success: You have set up your Salesforce Managed Package correctly.”
This concludes the Domo Salesforce Integration verification process.
This article talks about the steps you can follow to set up Domo Salesforce Integration. It sheds light on the benefits and features of Domo and Salesforce before diving into Domo Salesforce Integration. It wraps up with the steps you can follow to verify the Domo Salesforce connector installation.
Extracting complex data from a diverse set of data sources to carry out an insightful analysis can be a challenging task and this is where Hevo saves the day! Hevo offers a faster way to move data from Databases or SaaS applications like Salesforce into your Data Warehouse/Database to be visualized in a BI tool for free. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for the 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.