Salesforce helps companies build a holistic view of their customers. As a result, companies generate more Leads, make more data-driven decisions and multiply their chances of success and growth. But Salesforce customers are not spared from the challenges that come along with the advantages of the platform. These range from Limited Storage Space to exorbitant additional Storage Costs. The silver lining to these problems are External Storage Systems that can be seamlessly integrated with Salesforce.
One of those viable External Storage Solutions is Dropbox. Dropbox is one of the most popular File Hosting Services that offer a wide range of services to its customers. This modern workspace is designed to reduce workload and provides a central hub for Online File Storage, File Sharing, and Synchronization. Dropbox also offers several Cloud Storage options that allow businesses to securely store everything in the Cloud and access file uploads from multiple devices. Owing to these features a Dropbox Salesforce Integration makes absolute sense.
Upon a complete walkthrough of this article, you will gain a decent understanding of Dropbox and Salesforce along with the salient features that they offer. You will also learn about the steps required to set up a Dropbox Salesforce Integration from scratch. Read along to learn more about Dropbox Salesforce Integration!
Table of Contents
- An active Salesforce account.
- An active Dropbox Business Plan.
Introduction to Dropbox
Dropbox is one of the oldest and most popular Cloud Storage Services available in the current scenario. When you subscribe to Dropbox, you are allocated a certain amount of storage space on an online server known as the Cloud. After installing the Dropbox application on your PC, Mobile Device, or both, any files you save locally on your computer will also be copied to the Dropbox Server. If you make changes to these files in one place, the updates will automatically reflect everywhere. By syncing your Dropbox files locally and online, you can easily access these files from anywhere and seamlessly share them with other people.
Key Features of Dropbox
Some of the key features of Dropbox are as follows:
- Version Control: Dropbox maintains a history of your files with Version Control, allowing you to restore them in case of malware or accidental deletion.
- File-Sharing: One of the main reasons for its popularity is the ease with which the feature of File Sharing is enabled. You can control the Permission Levels and share files and folders with specific people via a link or make files public so that everyone with the appropriate link can access your data.
- Collaboration: Dropbox even supports some collaboration tools like Dropbox Spaces that teams can use to collaborate on Documents, Share Notes, and Edit in real-time.
- Cost: Dropbox’s basic service is free and includes 2 GB of Online Storage. Dropbox Plus costs $ 10 per month and provides Storage Space to 2TB. Dropbox Professional is the highest tier, priced at $ 20 per month, and offers up to 3TB of storage with additional functions such as fast Full-Text Search and an extended 120-day file history with Version Control.
For further information on Dropbox, click here to check out their official website.
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is one of the most popular Cloud-Based Customer Relationship Management Platforms that emphasize on optimizing business operations like Sales, Marketing, and more. With continued development and efforts, Salesforce has also specialized in Data Analytics, Marketing Automation, Customer Service, and Platform Development applications.
Salesforce automates repetitive daily tasks for administrators so that they can focus on more strategic business activities. It is a holistic solution for companies that want to easily manage customer data from different channels such as Email, Chat, and Social Media. Salesforce allows you to design Sales Pipelines and Marketing Campaigns that will automatically track Leads, Manage Contacts and Generate Reports for further analysis.
Key Features of Salesforce
Some of the salient features of Salesforce are as follows:
- Lead Management: Salesforce enables companies to track their Leads and continuously optimize their Campaigns across all channels so that they can make data-driven decisions and boost growth.
- Simplified Account Management: Salesforce enables companies to have a holistic view of their customers. It allows you to always have access to the Activity History, Customer Communication, Important Contacts, Internal Account Discussions, etc.
- File Sync and Sharing: Salesforce gives companies the ability to easily share files, collaborate with the entire team, and track its content in real-time. Users can also leverage the Quick Search option to search a specific section of the content.
- Sales Data: With Salesforce, companies can get easy access to the Sales Data in real-time which can be used to connect with Leads and increase Marketing productivity.
- Reports and Dashboards: Salesforce Dashboards provide a real-time and intuitive view of your business performance. It enables companies to view detailed reports that can be seamlessly accessed by any of the team members.
- Workflow and Approvals: With Salesforce Visual Workflow, companies can quickly design and automate business processes by leveraging the drag-and-drop functionality that can be used to drive success with flexible approval processes for Expenses, Customer Discounts, Trial Periods, and more.
For further information on Salesforce, click here to check out their official website.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDKs, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources (including 30+ free sources) and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse, enriches the data, and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without writing a single line of code. It helps transfer data from Salesforce to a destination of your choice for free.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.
Get Started with Hevo for free
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ data sources and integrations to SaaS platforms such as Salesforce, files, databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, and Firebolt Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, MongoDB, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL databases to name a few.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set up Dropbox Salesforce Integration
The Dropbox Salesforce Integration is a three-step process that enables teams to access and sync their Dropbox files in Salesforce. In order to set up a Dropbox Salesforce Integration, you must have a Dropbox Business Plan. Follow the steps given below to set up Dropbox Salesforce Integration:
Step 1: Install the Dropbox for Salesforce Package
The first step involved in setting up Dropbox Salesforce Integration requires you to install the Dropbox for Salesforce Package. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Login to your Salesforce account.
- Click here to get redirected to the Dropbox for Salesforce Listing page.
- Click the Get it Now button, present in the top right corner of the page.
- Once you have clicked on the Get it Now button. You will be given two options to install the Dropbox for Salesforce Package.
- Installing in your Production Environment gives you access to all your end-users whereas Installing in a Sandbox creates a copy of production, which you can use to test new applications.
- Select your desired way to install the package and click on Confirm and Install.
- Select the option for whom you want to install the Dropbox for Salesforce package
- Click on the Install button, to begin with, the installation process, and this marks the first step for Dropbox Salesforce Integration.
Step 2: Connect and Configure Salesforce to Dropbox
The second stage in setting up Dropbox Salesforce Integration involves configuring the settings. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Login to your Salesforce account and navigate to the Salesforce App Launcher.
- Enter Dropbox in the Salesforce App Launcher search bar.
- Click on the Dropbox option, and then select the option Connect to Dropbox and then click on Continue.
- Login to Dropbox with your credentials. If there is a session already running in your browser it will not prompt you to log in again.
- In the next screen, you can select either of the following options to set up Dropbox Salesforce Integration as per your requirement and close the window.
- To configure Dropbox for Salesforce, you must give it access to your organization’s Salesforce Tooling API by adding or updating the Remote Site Setting.
- Click on the Remote Site Setting button to automatically create a Remote Site Configuration.
- Configure the Page Layout by selecting Update Layouts. This will add the Dropbox component to the Page Layouts of the Account, Contact, Case, and Lead objects.
Step 3: Share the Salesforce Documents Folder
Now that you have configured the Remote Site Settings, the final step in setting up Dropbox Salesforce Integration involves testing the Dropbox Salesforce synchronization. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- To add a file to Dropbox, click on Add Files in the widget and select the file that you wish to upload.
- The file that you select will be uploaded to Dropbox and the Salesforce Documents folder will be created in your Dropbox account.
Once you follow all the instructions in the correct sequence, you will be able to set up Dropbox Salesforce Integration in no time.
The Dropbox Salesforce Integration enables users to add files to Dropbox folders and view the same file in Salesforce under the respective contact, as it supports two-way integration. In addition to creating the files, you can also create folders in one application and experience automatic syncing in another. Dropbox Salesforce Integration has the potential to maximize the output of any team working on a project. Integrating and analyzing your data from a diverse set of data sources can be challenging and this is where Hevo Data comes into the picture.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data provides its users with a simpler platform for integrating data from 100+ sources such as Salesforce for Analysis. It is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you combine data from multiple sources. You can use it to transfer data from multiple data sources into your Data Warehouse, Database, or a destination of your choice. It also helps transfer data from Salesforce to a destination of your choice for free. It provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to managing data in real-time, ensuring that you always have Analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!
Share your experience of learning about Dropbox Salesforce Integration! Let us know in the comments section below!