Data Extraction, Data Cleaning, and Data Analysis play a crucial role in a company’s growth. Cleaned, formatted and well-analyzed data can help you a lot in predicting the future industry trends and shaping your strategies accordingly which in result will increase your Sales and Revenue. But the amount of data being generated in recent times is impossible to be processed manually. The heterogeneity of sources, diverse nature of data, and complex handling mechanisms are raising the demand for data ETL Reporting Tools.
ETL is one such toolset that provides the features of Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading. ETL is a Business Intelligence tool assisting businesses to extract data from different sources, transform and clean it for analysis, and load it into the company’s Data Warehouse. So in short, the ETL Reporting Tools help businesses to accurately and quickly analyze their data and get valuable insights.
Table of Contents
- What is ETL?
- What is ETL Reporting?
- Benefits of Using ETL Tools
- Use-Cases of ETL Tools
- Top 10 ETL Reporting Tools
What is ETL?
ETL stands for Extract Transform Load, which is a Data Integration process. It includes collecting data from multiple data sources and transforming it into a single data store by applying business rules, cleaning, filtering, joining, transposing, validated consistently and uniformly to load into a Data Warehouse or other target system.
What is ETL Reporting?
ETL Reporting includes understanding and defining requirements, analyzing requirements, developing estimates, designing and developing solutions. With the help of ETL Reporting tools, companies can evaluate the exact business requirements and how to set up Data Warehouse, structure the Schema, and facilitate migration.
Benefits of Using ETL Tools
The staggering amount of data being generated in today’s business world has made the use of ETL Reporting Tools inevitable. The processing speed, generation of optimized data, and accuracy of analysis results have made ETL an essential part of every data processing space.
Following is the list of major advantages of using ETL tools.
- Enhanced Performance: ETL Reporting Tools ensure fast access to huge, integrated, and transformed sets of data for business users to facilitate them in decision making, hence delivering a considerable performance boost.
- Robust Operating Mechanisms: Along with the provision of quick access to data, ETL also provides great operational resilience. ETL Tools’ default error handling mechanisms generate alerts and notifications for the errors that would require the user’s attention. These operating mechanisms significantly reduce the chances of errors going unchecked and ensure Data Integrity.
- Ease of Use: The majority of the modern ETL applications allow users to interact with them through Graphical User Interface (GUI), eliminating the need for technical knowledge to use and operate the tools. The ease of use has relieved companies of hiring technical workforce and constant supervision to develop and maintain their Data Warehouse.
Use-Cases of ETL Tools
Following are the three major use-cases of the ETL Reporting Tools.
1. Creation of Data Lake: Data Lake is a Central Data Repository that contains the organization’s data in raw format. This Data Lake contains all kinds of data from structured and unstructured Data Sources. Data Lakes are built to accommodate all kinds of data and are considered to be a use case without any schema defined to filter the data before entering into Data Lake.
ETL Tools are useful in building such Data Lakes from a variety of sources in a hassle-free manner
2. Building Data Warehouse: A Data Warehouse is a structured and organized environment where all the company’s data is stored. From the most crucial information to the most ordinary credentials, the Data Warehouse contains all types of company data.
In most companies, Data Warehouses are considered to be the ultimate truth point from where they can verify or cross-check their information.
So, to make this ultimate truth point more reliable and integrated, the data needs to be cleaned, optimized, and transformed before loading it into the Data Warehouse.
An ETL tool can prove to be an ideal choice for building a reliable Data Warehouse.
3. Facilitating Data Migration: System up-gradation or Data Migration is another vital use case of ETL Tools. Most of the time when organizations shift from legacy systems to modern systems, Data Migration becomes a challenging task because of the disparity in the formats of old and new systems.
ETL Tools prove to be the most reliable option in such situations with its optimized transformation capabilities, standardized formats and structures, and synchronized schema of a compatible Data Source with the target system.
Simplify Data ETL and Data Integration using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up data integration from 100+ Data Sources (including 30+ Free Data Sources) and will let you directly load data to a Data Warehouse or the destination of your choice. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.Get started with hevo for free
Let’s look at some of the salient features of Hevo:
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and map it to the destination schema.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100’s of sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within Data Pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Hevo also helps you to start moving data from 100+ sources to your data warehouse in real-time with no code for the price of $249/month!Sign up here for a 14-day free trial!
Top 10 ETL Reporting Tools
Let’s discuss the top 10 ETL Reporting Tools that can be used for Data Cleaning, Transformation, and Analysis.
- Fly Data
- Informatica Power Center
- Oracle Data Integrator
- SQL Server Integration Services
- Ab Initio
- SAP-Business Objects Data Integrator
X-plenty is a Cloud-based Data Processing Tool. It can smoothly integrate data from various Data Sources. The tool is a highly user-friendly, Graphical User Interface-based tool to build Data Pipelines between Data Sources and destinations.
X-plenty can be integrated with more than 100 popular Data Stores that make the process of Data Transformation and Loading smoother.
Along with these features, X-plenty also offers high scalability, improved security, and great customer support. To improve the security of users’ data X-plenty has introduced the feature of Field Level Encryption that allows users to encrypt and decrypt important data fields using their own encryption key.
Talend is an open-source Data Integration ETL tool, compatible with local and virtual Data Sources on the cloud along with hundreds of pre-built integrations.
Talend provides a variety of solutions for Data Integration, Data Quality, Data Management, Data Preparation, and Big Data. Talend also provides plugins to get integrated with the Big Data ecosystem easily.
To meet the needs of larger enterprises, Talend has also introduced a paid Data Management program with additional tools and features for Design, Productivity, Management, Monitoring, and Data Governance.
3. Fly Data
Fly Data is the fastest ELT tool; it is real-time Cloud-based Data Integration software. Fly Data supports the data from numerous sources with different structures. High speed with reliable transfer and integration of data has made Fly Data one of the most beneficial tools for e-commerce businesses.
4. Informatica Power Center
Informatica Power Center is an enterprise Data Integration Tool. It is a mature, feature-rich ETL platform for huge data processing. It is a suite of Cloud Data Management Tools.
Informatica Power Center is a Database neutral solution with high performance and enhanced compatibility with various Data Sources including SQL and non-SQL Databases.
Being an expensive tool with a challenging learning curve makes it less suitable for smaller organizations or companies with limited resources.
5. Oracle Data Integrator
Oracle Data Integrator is a part of Oracle’s Data Management System. It is an ELT Tool with Graphical User Interface.
It provides a declarative design model to define Data Transformation and Integration processes leading to faster and simpler development and maintenance models. Oracle Data Integrator guarantees the optimal performance for the execution of data processing at a very affordable cost.
Stitch is a no-code, high-speed Data Transfer Tool. It can transfer data from up to 130 Data Sources into a Data Warehouse.
Stitch is an open-source Data Integration Tool that extracts data from valuable Data Sources, loads it into leading data platforms, and then analyzes it with leading analysis tools. It also offers self-service ELT and automated Data Pipelines, making the process simpler.
Fivetran is an easy-to-use cloud-based ETL solution. It offers its users more than 90 SaaS sources and the option to create custom integrations. Fivetran supports Data Integration with all the big Data Sources including Redshift, Big Query, Azure, and Snowflake Data Warehouses.
8. SQL Server Integration Services
SQL Server Integration Services is an enterprise-level Data Integration and Transformation Tool. It is a platform that offers optimal solutions for Data Integration and Transformation processes.
It offers extraction from a wide range of sources including Flat Files, XML Data Files, and Relational Data Sources, and loads the data into one or more destinations.
The tool’s integration services include a set of built-in tasks and transformations, Visualization Tools for building packages, and Integration Services Catalog Database where the organization can store, run, and manage packages.
The tool is highly user-friendly and does not require any coding for integration. But if you want to have customized integration as per your organizational needs, the tool offers you an Integration Services Object Model to create packages programmatically.
SQL Server Integration Services provides integration solutions for complex business problems.
9. Ab Initio
Ab Initio is a high-performance Data Integration Tool. It is designed to meet the complex Data Integration needs. Ab Initio offers automation and self-services that quickly adapt to the evolving needs of data processing and are robust enough to provide optimal solutions for complex data processing and management challenges in business computing.
Ab Initio is one of the powerful Data Processing Tools with an intuitive Graphical Interface for easy execution and editing of applications.
10. SAP-Business Objects Data Integrator
SAP-Business Objects Data Integrator is a performance management tool that can bring data from heterogeneous sources into one environment to make the decision-making process more reliable and trusted.
The tool can extract data from any source regardless of the nature and structure of data and transform, format, and integrate the data into any target Database.
Moreover, SAP-Business Objects Data Integrator also optimizes the data to fit in into the analytical environment to get useful insights. The tool is mainly designed for Data Extraction and Transformation. The tool also provides a set of internal commands to cleanse and document the data.
The tool is highly user-friendly with easy to operate Graphical User Interface. It also supports the intuitional use of commands to build integration models.
With growing data size and its potential advantages, the need for ETL Reporting Tools is growing day by day, and to cater to this need we have listed the top 10 ETL Reporting Tools for you. You can select the tool that meets your organizational requirements and Data Integration needs. All the tools provide efficient Data Extraction, Transformation, Loading, and Integration features.visit our website to explore hevo
Hevo Data with its strong integration with 100+ Sources & BI tools such as Shopify, Salesforce, HubSpot, etc, allows you to not only export data from sources & load data in the destinations, but also transform & enrich your data, & make it analysis-ready so that you can focus only on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools.
If you’re not yet convinced and still looking to discuss which ETL Reporting Tool will be the best for your business, drop your queries in the comments section below or get in touch with our Support Team.