Last year, 91% of firms spent money on Facebook Advertising. When you look at the numbers, it’s clear to see why, more than 1.4 billion people use Facebook every day, and each individual spends more than 50 minutes/day on Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram on average.
That’s a significant amount of attention! And no matter who your Target Audience is, Age, Gender, Occupation, (nearly) anything, Facebook Ads will ensure that you reach them. This is where Facebook Ads Manager Comes into the picture. It helps Marketers Create, Manage and Analyze their Facebook Ads.
This post will tell you everything about Facebook Ads Manager, including how to manage and evaluate your Facebook Ads, as well as how to build in-depth Ad Reports that your team will enjoy.
Table of Contents
What is Facebook Ads Manager?
At first sight, Facebook Ads Manager may appear intimidating. But have no fear, once you get below the surface, Facebook Ads Manager is a fantastic tool that provides everything you need to optimize your Ads and run effective campaigns.
Where to find Facebook Ads Manager?
To access Facebook Ads Manager, go to the left sidebar and click on any Facebook Page’s “Ad Center” drop-down arrow, select “All Ads” from the drop-down (or use the Facebook Ads Manager Mobile App), and then click on “Ads Manager” at the bottom of the page.
You’ll be taken to your Facebook Ad Accounts page, which will provide you with a short summary of your Ad Account(s). If you have access to multiple Ad Accounts, this is where you may choose which one to administer.
Alternatively, you can head to https://www.facebook.com/ads/manager. You’ll be taken straight to your own Ad account’s Facebook Ads Manager. If you manage many Ad accounts and want to move to a different one, you can do so using the account drop-down option.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline, helps integrate data from 100+ other sources (including 40+ free data sources like Facebook Ads, etc.) and load it in a data warehouse of your choice to visualize it in your desired BI tool. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of loading data from your desired source and enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without writing a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled securely and consistently with zero data loss.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination. It allows you to focus on key business needs and perform insightful Analysis using BI tools such as Tableau and many more.
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled securely and consistently with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and your data volume grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Simplify your Data Analysis with Hevo today!
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
How to set up an Ads account?
If you want to give your coworkers access to your Ad Account so that they can manage and create Facebook Advertisements, you’ll need to grant them access and assign them the proper Advertising roles. Here are a few short steps to get you started:
Step 1: Ad Account Settings
Hover over “All Tools” and select “Ad Account Setting” from the hamburger menu icon. (You might be in your Facebook Business Manager if you don’t see this option.) You should first select “Ads Manager” and then proceed with the instructions outlined above.)
Step 2: Adding a User
To add a teammate to the Ad Account, select “Account Roles” from the left column and click the “Add a User” option.
Step 3: Assigning Roles
The final step is to assign your partner to the appropriate role. The following are the various positions and associated advertising permissions:
- Your Ad Performance is visible only to an “Analyst.” This position is ideal for someone who only needs to view and report on Facebook Ad data.
- An “Advertiser” can view and update your advertising, as well as create new ones, using the payment method linked to your Ad Account. This position is ideal for someone who needs to create Ads on your behalf but does not have access to your Payment Information (e.g. a freelance marketer or a partner agency).
- On top of everything else that an “Analyst” and “Advertiser” can accomplish, an “Admin” can update Payment Data and Manage Roles. This function is for someone who has to manage Ad Account Access Permissions, Billing, Payment Information, and Ad Spending Limits.
Finding your way around the Facebook Ads Manager Dashboard
Through your Facebook Ads Manager Dashboard, you’ll be able to manage every part of your Facebook Ad experience. It’s got a lot of stuff on it! All of the necessary tools, menus, and buttons may be found here.
- Top Navigation Bar
- Create Ad
- Spending in the last 7 days
- Reporting Table of all your Facebook Ads
- Facebook Ads Filters
- Stats Filters
Find your way around Facebook Ads Manager
Here’s a quick rundown of the most important settings on the top navigation bar:
- Menu: Facebook’s Dashboard was recently modified, and the majority of the options were transferred to this menu. By selecting the hamburger menu symbol, you can access all of Facebook’s Advertising Tools, including Ads Manager, Power Editor, Ad Account Settings, and more.
- Search: You may use the search bar to look for your Campaigns, Ad Sets, Advertising, and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Business Alerts: When you click the globe icon, you’ll only see the notifications from your Facebook Pages.
- Your Pages: You may instantly access any of your Facebook Pages by clicking on the flag icon.
- Help: This option provides access to Facebook Advertising tips, FAQs, and an ad vocabulary.
How to Create Ads using Facebook Ads Manager?
Using the Facebook Ads Manager to create Ads is a breeze. Simply click the conspicuous green “Create Ad” button in the upper-right corner of your Facebook Ads Manager to begin crafting an Ad. You can choose from 15 Various Ad objectives when you decide to create a new Ad, such as promoting your Facebook Page, Gaining App Installs, and Boosting your Posts.
How to edit Ads using Facebook Ads Manager?
It’s possible that you’ll want to make changes to your Facebook Advertising at some point. For example, you might not notice an error in your Ad until after it has been published. Alternatively, you may wish to boost the Budget for an Ad Package that is working well.
Hover over the Ad Name and click the edit icons to make changes to an existing Facebook Campaign, Ad Set, or Ad. From the right, a popup will appear, allowing you to adjust the Campaign, Ad Set, or Ad.
Facebook Ads Manager is a nice tool that allows you to update several Facebook Campaigns, Ad Packs, or Ads at the same time. Check the boxes in the first column and choose “Edit” from the navigation bar that appears above to bulk edit a group of Campaigns, Ad Sets, or Adverts.
You can use it for Campaigns:
- Change the Campaign’s Name
- Limit the amount of money you can spend on a Campaign (optional)
- Activate or Deactivate the Campaign
You can carry out the following operations while creating Ad Sets:
- Change the Name of the Ad Set
- Change the Ad’s Location
- Make changes to the Budget and Schedule
- The Target Audience should be modified
- Revise the Optimization and Distribution (i.e. what your Ad Set is optimized for)
- Turn On or Off the Ad Set
For advertisements, you have a few options.
- Change the Ad’s Name
- Make changes to the Destination (i.e. the Facebook Page where your ad is coming from)
- The Ad’s Creatives should be edited (Image, Text, Link, Call-To-Action)
- Activate or Deactivate the Advertisement
Ads Filters: Finding the relevant Campaigns, Ad Sets, or Ads
Four fast techniques to sift through and search for individual ads or groups of ads are available on Facebook:
- Date Range
- Ad Tier
1) Search: You can look for your adverts using the following criteria:
- Campaign Name
- Ad Set Name
- Ad Name
- Campaign ID
- Ad Set ID
- Ad ID
2) Filters: The Ads can be filtered based on:
- Saved Status: Filters you’ve previously generated and saved.
- Delivery: The status of your adverts in terms of delivery.
- Goal: The objective of your Ad must be clear.(e.g. Brand Awareness or Conversions)
- Payment Type: The way you pay for your adverts is determined by the type of purchase you make (e.g. Auction or fixed price)
- Placement: Where your adverts appear is known as Placement (e.g. Facebook right column or Instagram)
- Metrics: Specific metrics for your adverts (for example, lifetime spend of less than $50).
- Date Last Updated: This is the date when your adverts were last updated.
3) Date Range: You can choose from the following Data Ranges:
- Last 7 days
- Last 14 days
- Last 30 days
- Last month
- This month
4) Ad Tier: Filtering by Ad Tier (campaigns, ad sets, or ads) is distinct from the other three options. It’s near the left side of the dashboard, just above the reporting table. You can choose from the following options using this drop-down:
- All Campaigns
- All Ad Sets
- All Ads
You can use many filters at the same time. For example, you can look for all of your Ad Sets that have a “Conversions” aim and a lifetime spend of less than $50 in the last 30 days.
If you frequently use this collection of filters, you may save them as a custom filter for easy access in the future.
Stats Filters: Getting the Important Data for your Ad Reporting
Facebook gives you a wealth of data for all of your Advertising, as well as a robust method for customizing the reporting table to show only the information you need. Columns and Breakdown are the two basic ways to personalize your Reporting Table.
There are numerous presets of columns you may pick from to assist you in quickly discovering the necessary data:
- Performance: Results, Reach, Costs, Amount Spent, and so on.
- Delivery: Reach, Frequency, CPM, Impressions, and so on.
- Engagement: People Taking Action, Reactions, Comments, Shares, and so on.
- Video Engagement: Impressions, 3s Video Views, Cost per 3s Video Views, and so on.
- App Engagement: Mobile App Installs, Mobile App Actions, Cost per Mobile App Install, and so on.
- Carousel Engagement: Reach, Frequency, Impressions, Clicks, and so on.
- Performance and Clicks: Results, Reach, Cost and, so on.
- Cross-Device: Website Actions, Mobile Apps Install, Website Action, Conversion Value, and so on.
- Messenger Engagement: Link Clicks, Messaging Replies, Blocked Messaging Conversations, and so on.
- Offline Conversions: Purchase, Purchase Conversion Value, Cost per Purchase, and so on.
If none of these presets meet your requirements, you can either further edit them or create your own from scratch by selecting “Customize Columns…” from the Columns: drop-down menu. A pop-up will display, allowing you to deselect or add more Metrics (or columns) based on your requirements. By clicking on the title for each column in the reporting table, you can sort the data. Hover on the “i” (info) beside the metric if you’re not sure what it means, and a popup with explanations will display. To learn more, switch between “Overview,” “Details,” and “Related.”
By breaking down the data further, you may gain additional information into your Facebook Ads. You can sort the information by:
- Obtainment (e.g. Age, Location, or Platform)
- Taking Action (e.g. Conversion Device, Destination, or Video View Type)
- The passage of Time (e.g. Day, Week, or Month)
Each area allows you to choose up to one criterion (e.g. one from Delivery, one from Action, and one from Time). For example, you can examine the results of your adverts split down by Age Groups, Devices, and Weeks. This is an example of how your Reporting Table might look after you’ve chosen the right columns and breakdown:
Exporting, Sharing, and Saving Facebook Ads Reports
You can Export, Share, or Save the data that you need for your Report once you’ve located it.
- Export: The data can be downloaded as an Excel or CSV file.
- Share: This option allows you to share a link to the data view you created with anyone who has access to your Ad Account.
- Save: The Save button is distinct from the Export and Share buttons. It can be found at the dashboard’s upper-left corner. You may quickly save data views to come back to later using reports, or you can schedule an email to send the report to you every day, week, or month.
Facebook Ads Manager Reports
1) Audience Insights
Audience Insights is a tool that aggregates information on your Target Audience’s Demographics, Location, Activity, and more to help you understand more about them.
For example, if you want to discover more about people who liked your Facebook Page, go to the “People Connected to” column on the left and select your Facebook Page. Audience Insights will show you their Demographics, Favourite Pages, and Geography, among other things.
If you want to reach this audience, click the green “Design Ad” button to create an Ad specifically for them.
2) Power Editor
Power Editor is for individuals who want to make a huge number of Ads at once and have complete control over how they’re served. The power editor may be found under “Create & Manage” in the Facebook Ads menu.
The Facebook Pixel is a collection of lines of code that allows you to use the activities visitors take on your website to improve Facebook Ads. You may analyze conversions on your website, optimize your advertising for conversions, and remarket to people who have visited your website or made specified actions on your website by adding the pixel code in the header of your website.
To create a new Facebook Pixel and track conversions, go to “Pixels” under “Assets” in the Facebook Ads menu.
Facebook Ads Manager Mobile Apps
Facebook has released a Facebook Ads Manager app for iOS and Android users who want to manage their Facebook Ads on the move. You may use the app to Create Ads, Manage Campaigns, Receive Notifications about Ad Performance, and view Ad Stats.
Facebook’s Creative Hub
One of Facebook’s newest tools for advertisers and marketers is the Creative Hub. It allows you to build ad mock-ups, examine them as if they were live on Facebook or Instagram, and interact and exchange ideas with your team. There’s also an Inspiration Gallery where you can see how other companies are employing Ad formats like Carousel and 360 video. For further information on Facebook Creative Hub, check out the official website here.
Facebook Advertising Tips
Facebook has compiled a list of ideas and tips for enhancing the quality of your Facebook Ads. It covers everything from drafting ad copy to making mobile-friendly movies to making the most of the Facebook pixel. You can find it here.
This article introduced you to Facebook Ads Manager and took you through various aspects of it which you can consider to run a successful Ad Campaign. If you want to integrate data from Facebook Ads to carry out an insightful analysis of your Marketing Campaign and Strategies, then Hevo Data can be the one-stop-shop solution for your needs!
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data provides its users with a simpler platform for integrating data from 100+ sources such as Facebook for Analysis. It is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you combine data from multiple sources. You can use it to transfer data from multiple data sources into your Data Warehouse, Database, or a destination of your choice. It provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to managing data in real-time, ensuring that you always have Analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!
Share your experience of learning about Facebook Ads Manager! Let us know in the comments section below!