If you’re running any kind of Facebook Ads, you’ll need to use Facebook Pixel to assist you in improving your campaigns. In a nutshell, Facebook Pixel is a Facebook Ad version of Google Analytics! It allows you to better target your Adverts and track how well they convert clicks into Sales.
In this article, you will learn two ways to connect Facebook Pixel to WordPress. You will also learn how to check if Facebook Pixel is working correctly.
Table of Contents
- What is WordPress?
- What is Facebook Pixel?
- How to add Facebook Pixel to WordPress Manually?
- How to add Facebook Pixel to WordPress with Pixel Caffeine Plugin?
- How to Test if Facebook Pixel is Working?
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a free and Open-Source platform for creating, publishing, and managing websites. WordPress powers more than 40% of the top ten million websites on the internet. It’s a simple and user-friendly system that makes publishing content online easier for bloggers and publishers. The nicest part of WordPress is that it doesn’t require any coding knowledge to create and maintain a website.
WordPress.com is a blogging platform first and foremost. It was designed to be a blog Content Management System (CMS), therefore it includes a lot of features tailored to that purpose. It can also be used for non-blogging WordPress websites.
What is Facebook Pixel?
The Facebook Pixel is a snippet of code that you add to your website. It gathers information that allows you to measure conversions from Facebook Advertisements, Improve Campaigns, Create Targeted Audiences for future Ads, and remarket to those who have already visited your website. Some key advantages of Facebook Pixel are:
- Recognize how your cross-device Ads affect Conversions.
- Make sure your Adverts are seen by the people who are most likely to respond.
- Dynamic Advertisements allow you to show website visitors the products they’ve looked at on your website, as well as similar products.
Simplify Facebook ETL with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipelines
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline, helps integrate data from 100+ other sources (including 40+ free data sources like Facebook Ads, etc.) and load it in a data warehouse of your choice to visualize it in your desired BI tool. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of loading data from your desired source and enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without writing a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled securely and consistently with zero data loss. It also helps you to carry out processes like Facebook Pixel to WordPress data transfer.Get Started with Hevo for Free
It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination. It allows you to focus on key business needs and perform insightful Analysis using BI tools such as Tableau and many more.
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled securely and consistently with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and your data volume grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Simplify your Data Analysis with Hevo today!Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
How to add Facebook Pixel to WordPress Manually?
Two steps are required to manually add Facebook Pixel to WordPress:
- If you haven’t done so previously, go to the Facebook Website and create a new Facebook Pixel.
- In the <head> section of your WordPress website, paste the Tracking Code from the Facebook Pixel.
Step 1: Create a new Facebook Pixel via Facebook Ads Manager
Go to the Pixels Tab in Facebook Ads Manager to get started. If you haven’t previously done so (you can only have one Pixel per account), you can create a new Facebook Pixel by clicking the green Create a Pixel button:
A box should pop up asking for a Name, and all you have to do now is click on Create. Following that, you should see a few options for how to integrate the Facebook Pixel into your website. Select the option to manually install the code:
The Facebook Pixel Tracking Code should now appear as follows:
Keep this code somewhere safe because you’ll need it in the next step.
Step 2: Add Facebook Pixel Tracking Code to WordPress <head> Section
While there are several ways to add Code Snippets like this to WordPress, but one of the most straightforward techniques is to use a free plugin called Insert Headers and Footers.
This is how you do it:
- Install and Activate the free Insert Headers and Footers Plugin.
- Go to Settings and click on Insert Headers and Footers.
- In the Scripts in Header box, paste the Facebook Pixel Tracking Code.
- Make sure you Save your modifications.
That’s all there is to it! You’ve just learned how to add Facebook Pixel to your WordPress website.
At the end of this article, you’ll also get to know how to check if your new Facebook Pixel is operating correctly. But first, let’s briefly discuss the Plugin Technique to add Facebook Pixel to your WordPress website.
How to add Facebook Pixel to WordPress with Pixel Caffeine Plugin?
AdEspresso, a famous Facebook Ads Manager Tool, offers Pixel Caffeine as a free plugin. Pixel Caffeine has the following advantages over the approach described above:
- Right from your WordPress Dashboard, you may create custom audiences based on WordPress Actions.
- If you’re utilizing a WooCommerce Store, you may create Facebook Dynamic Ads for WooCommerce.
- Conversions can be easily tracked thanks to specialized integrations for WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads.
This feature is very useful if you’re using WordPress to run an E-Commerce store. However, even if you only have a conventional website, the Specific Audiences feature can be useful for more skilled Facebook Advertisers.
You must first create a Facebook Pixel in the Facebook Ads Manager before you can use the Plugin (you can follow the same instructions outlined in Step 1 of the previous section if you need help).
How to Configure Pixel Caffeine?
Install and Activate the Pixel Caffeine Plugin as you would for any other Plugin. Then:
- In your WordPress Dashboard Sidebar, go to the new Pixel Caffeine Section.
- Select General Settings from the drop-down menu.
- To connect to Facebook, click the FACEBOOK CONNECT button (this is necessary if you want all the bonus functionality).
You’ll receive a prompt that says “Pixel Caffeine would like to manage your business” once you click that button. To proceed, click OK. You’ll then be directed back to your WordPress Dashboard, where you can choose your Ad account and Pixel ID:
That’s all there is to it! You’ve just learned how to add Facebook Pixel to your WordPress website using Pixel Caffeine Plugin.
You can use the Custom Audiences and Conversions/Events tabs to access Pixel Caffeine’s more complex features:
How to Test if Facebook Pixel is Working?
After you add Facebook Pixel to WordPress, there’s one more thing you need to do:
Check to see if the Facebook Pixel is active:
- Install the Facebook Pixel Helper Chrome Extension to do so.
- Visit the website where you installed Facebook Pixel once you’ve activated the Chrome Extension.
- When you click on the Extension, you should see something like this if your Pixel is working:
And there you have it! That’s all you need to do to add Facebook Pixel to WordPress. Enjoy your Custom Audiences, Remarketing, and Conversion Tracking!
In this article, you’ve learned two ways to add Facebook Pixel to WordPress. In case you want to export data from a source of your choice such as Facebook Ads, WordPress into your desired Database/destination then Hevo Data is the right choice for you!Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data provides its users with a simpler platform for integrating data from Facebook Ads, WordPress 100+ sources for Analysis. It is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you combine data from multiple sources. You can use it to transfer data from multiple data sources into your Data Warehouses, Database, or a destination of your choice. It also helps you to carry out processes like Facebook Pixel to WordPress data transfer.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!
Share your experience of learning about two ways to add Facebook Pixel to WordPress! Let us know in the comments section below!