Every company, irrespective of the products or services it has to offer, needs effective Marketing Campaigns to increase its brand awareness among the users. These Marketing Campaigns generate an overwhelming amount of data from which the company tries to extract valuable insights so that it can understand the mindset and expectations of its consumers. The results obtained post-analysis of this data acts as the basis for the Sales Teams’ actions and also helps in planning the company’s future decisions. Although essential, this process can consume a large amount of time and resources of any organization.
Salesforce is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool that is popular among companies to manage their Customer and Sales related data. Also, for deriving valuable insights from Marketing data, many Enterprise-level companies are tuning towards Google Analytics 360 (GA360), which is a Marketing Platform that provides sophisticated Data Analytics facilities. Both of these tools are great when it comes to providing solutions to their users, however, companies are now looking to level up their performances even more by setting up the GA360 Salesforce Integration. This combination is delivering extraordinary results and the companies which have implemented it successfully have seen a huge boost in their Customer Relationships and their Sales and Marketing Team’s performances.
This article will introduce you to GA360 and Salesforce and also discuss their key features. Furthermore, it will provide you a step-by-step guide for setting up your GA360 Salesforce Integration. The article will also discuss the various benefits that you and your business can experience, once these 2 tools are combined. Read along to understand the process of setting up the GA360 Salesforce Integration and learn its benefits!
Table of Contents
- A Google 360 account.
- Permission to Edit the Google Analytics property for setting up the initial link and audience publishing.
- A Salesforce account.
Introduction to Google Analytics 360
Google Analytics 360 (GA360), Google’s advanced Marketing Analysis Platform is designed to cater to the needs of large organizations. This tool specializes in providing scalability, integration, and support to businesses. Google Analytics 360 enables you to develop a better understanding of your customers. This way you can get valuable insights into their requirements and that can lead you to make better business decisions. Moreover, it will allow you to customize your Website and Marketing Campaigns according to your target users.
Key Feature of Google Analytics 360
Google Analytics 360’s high cost is justified by the following features that can enhance the outcomes of your Marketing efforts many folds:
- Google Analytics 360 provides easy integrations with numerous other products available on the Google Marketing Platform like Google Ads, Google Display and Video 360, Google Optimize. Moreover, other popular software tools like Salesforce Marketing Cloud can also be connected to GA360 for enhanced functionalities.
- Google Analytics 360 also supports a feature called Query-time Import, which allows you to view your historical data in the interface and also monitor the new incoming data. The specialty of this feature is that even if you change the import process after the data was originally collected, it will still work smoothly.
- Google Analytics 360 directly sends the Hit-level data to Google BigQuery. Hit-level data allows you to access the hits that were sent to Google Analytics. This will enable you to perform your own aggregations based on the criteria of your choice. This feature provides you the opportunity of performing more complex analysis on your data and can also act as a conduit to export more granular data into the Data Warehouse. Google BigQuery can help you to analyze customer’s journeys, by using the data the Google Analytics 360 directed towards the Data Warehouse.
- Google Analytics 360 offers several advanced reporting tools including Advanced Analysis, Data-Driven Attribution, and more. On top of that, it also provides enhanced custom Funnel Reporting which improves the reporting flow for on-site actions across various users and sessions. This feature comes in handy when visualizing multiple Lead Conversion paths through your website.
To learn more about Google Analytics 360, visit here.
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce, a Cloud-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool, is designed to support companies in managing their Sales and Customer related data. This highly rated CRM software contains various tools that can customize its inbuilt features according to your requirements and preferences. You can use the Salesforce CRM without any technical background as it is easy to set up and manage. It has redefined the relationship between businesses and their customers by developing a more meaningful connection between them. By providing a single view for each of your client interactions, Salesforce CRM can give you unique insights into the customer’s journey and at the same time empower you with tools that can enhance your customers’ experience.
Also, Salesforce is Cloud-based, which implies that it can provide high flexibility and scalability to its users. Salesforce is the ultimate solution for your business as it provides all the necessary elements for your business on an automation platform with embedded intelligence.
Key Features of Salesforce
Salesforce is one of the most widely used CRM tools and the following features are responsible for its immense popularity:
- Ease of Setup: Unlike its peer CRMs, which on average take up to nearly a year to get installed and deployed, Salesforce can be set up from scratch and be deploy ready within few weeks only.
- Straightforward: Businesses don’t have to spend much time training their employees for using this CRM. It is quite straightforward and does not require much training or technical experience.
- Customizable: Salesforce’s specialty lies in the customization that it offers. Users can customize this CRM tool according to their business requirements. This particular feature plays a huge role in Salesforce’s immense popularity.
- Account Planning: Salesforce supplies you with enough insights about each Lead so that your Sales Team can tailor-make their approach for every potential Lead. This will surely increase their probability of success and the customer will also get a personalized experience.
- Accessibility: Salesforce being a Cloud-based software, is accessible from all remote locations if you have a working internet connection. Moreover, Salesforce offers an application for mobile phones thus making it super convenient for the users.
To learn more about Salesforce, visit here.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to Load Data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. Out of the 100+ data sources that it supports, many sources like Salesforce and GA360 can be used for free and data can be easily loaded from them onto the Data Warehouse of your choice. Hevo also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without writing a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set Up the GA360 Salesforce Integration
GA360 Salesforce Integration can enhance the work of your Marketing and Sales Teams and improve your business growth. You can easily set up your GA360 Salesforce Integration by using the following steps:
- Step 1: To set up your GA360 Salesforce Integration, open your Google Analytics account and sign in using your personal details. The Google Analytics homepage is shown in the below image.
- Step 2: Select the Admin option, and go to the Property you want to link with GA360. The Admin and Property menus are shown in the below image. Once you will select Analytics 360 account as the source for your GA360 Salesforce Integration, the possible destinations for it will be listed as shown in the below image.
- Step 3: Now you need to set your Salesforce account as the destination. Go to the Property column and look at the PRODUCT LINKING menu and select the Salesforce Marketing Cloud option as shown in the below image.
- Step 4: To complete the GA360 Salesforce Integration, select the Create Link option, and then from there, log in to your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account as shown in the below image. Once the login is successful, click on Next.
- Step 5: Finally, enter a suitable name for your link and click on Save.
That’s it, your GA360 Salesforce Integration is complete!
Benefits of the GA360 Salesforce Integration
Business 2 Business (B2B) companies around the world put great efforts to increase traffic on their Websites and Ads to gain more Leads. Now the activities involved in this process like tracking the phone calls, monitoring your Leads, etc, are measured by Google Analytics, and the Leads acquired are followed up by your Sales Teams. The interactions of your Sales Teams with Leads are monitored by Salesforce. In this process, Google Analytics helps you to prioritizes your Leads, out of the vast visitors that you have and saves your time and effort by allowing you to concentrate on the most important Leads. This optimization method rates those Channels and Pages higher, which delivers a bigger Lead Volume.
Now, GA360 takes it a step further. It has an in-built connector that can set up the GA360 Salesforce Integration. This GA360 Salesforce Integration will build a connection between these 2 platforms and the high-priority Leads will be directly passed from GA360 to Salesforce. Moreover, once your Sales Team has acted upon these Leads, the information of that process is sent back from Salesforce to GA360. This 2-way transfer of vital information allows you to use the GA360 tool to optimize the Leads selection process based on the potential Business Values of these Leads. Thus, GA360 Salesforce Integration provides a more sophisticated approach as compared to optimizing based on Lead Volume.
Following are the benefits that the GA360 Salesforce Integration can provide to your Sales and Marketing Teams:
- The GA360 Salesforce Integration makes the GA360 data visible in Salesforce Marketing Cloud and provides you a better understanding of the performance of your Marketing Campaigns. For example, if you send emails to frequent shoppers to promote your product, you will be able to collect insights from the Marketing Cloud, such as the number of pages people have visited, how many times people have viewed, the number of clicks on a product’s details, and how many people added the product to their cart and converted.
- The GA360 Salesforce Integration using your Marketing Cloud can provide you important customer information which you can use for taking effective actions in Marketing Channels even outside of the Google Advertising platform, such as email, SMS, or push notifications. For example, you can create a GA360 audience from customers who purchased a TV from your Website and came back later to find home theater accessories and use that list in Salesforce to advertise a new presenter with up-to-date, timely emails.
- With the GA360 Salesforce Integration, in addition to gaining new insights and additional data for attribution models, you can combine Salesforce data (such as sales milestones or changes) with behavioral data from your digital assets to create more audiences and develop smarter transactions.
- With the GA360 Salesforce Integration, you’ll soon be able to incorporate offline conversions into your attribution model with Google Attribution 360, giving you a more complete Return of Investment (ROI) view for each of your Marketing Channels. This will also allow you to see how your most valuable customers interact with your digital assets.
- Because offline conversion data is shared between Salesforce Sales Cloud and Google Analytics 360, it can be uploaded to Google Ads and Search Ads 360. Moreover, this data can also be imported into Google Ads and DoubleClick Search. Making decisions based on such centralized data using the GA360 Salesforce Integration will give you the confidence that the information you receive from the dataset and the actions you take is optimal.
The article discusses Google Analytics 360 and Salesforce and listed their key features. It also provided a step-by-step method of setting up your GA360 Salesforce Integration easily. Furthermore, the article explained the various benefits that you and your business can obtain by implementing the GA360 Salesforce Integration. These 2 tools when combined can revolutionize your entire Marketing process.
However, on certain occasions, you will require to transfer your data from GA360 or Salesforce to a Data Warehouse to perform further Data Analytics on the data. This is a complex process and would require you to manually create a custom-coded ETL Pipeline.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data can simplify this task for you as it can automate your data transfer process, hence allowing you to focus on other aspects of your business like Analytics, Customer Management, etc. This platform allows you to transfer data from 100+ multiple sources, many of which like GA360 and Salesforce could be used for free, to Cloud-based Data Warehouses like Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, etc. It will provide you a hassle-free experience and make your work life much easier.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your understanding of GA360 Salesforce Integration in the comments section below!