Salesforce is one of the best Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms available in the market today. It enables you to provide a word-class tailor-made experience to your customers by leveraging insight derived from their journey. Gainsight, on the other hand, is a robust Customer Success platform. With Gaighsight in place, you can get granular details about your customer, starting from Onboarding to Product usage and challenges.
Setting up Gainsight Salesforce Integration thus allows you to enhance transparency and alignment across all customer-facing employees, ensuring a consistently good experience for your customers. In addition, it helps provide a holistic crystal-clear view of your customer’s experiences to your Sales, Professional Services, and Customer Success teams. You may utilize these insights to customize engagements for a specific end-user section and provide them with a tailor-made experience and quick solutions.
This article will provide you with an in-depth understanding of how to set up your Gainsight Salesforce Integration effortlessly in just eight easy steps. It will also help you gain a holistic understanding of what Salesforce and Gainsight are all about, along with some key features of each of them! Read along to find out more!
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Gainsight
- Introduction to Salesforce
- Steps to Set up Gainsight Salesforce Integration
- Understanding the Benefits of Gainsight Salesforce Integration
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.
- Working knowledge of Gainsight.
- SFDC users must use the same credentials to log in to Gainsight and access APIs.
Introduction to Gainsight
Jim Eberlin and Sreedhar Peddineni built Gainsight, Inc. in 2009 as a privately held SaaS startup. The company’s headquarters are located in San Francisco, California. Bessemer Venture Partners, Battery Ventures, and Lightspeed Venture Partners are among the company’s investors. The company presently employs over 650 people and provides solutions for SaaS Industry’s Customer Success and Product Experience use cases. Forbes named Gainsight, a Top 100 Cloud Company in 2018.
Gainsights’ platform enables clients to get insights from data about their own customers and make informed decisions in areas like Marketing and Customer Engagement. Customers can use the platform to predict and manage Customer Risk, as well as optimize the Customer Life Cycle, using data.
Gainsight also offers apps such as Gainsight CS (Customer Success), Gainsight PX (Product Experience), Gainsight CX (Customer Experience), and others. The applications can take feedback from customers and use Artificial Intelligence (AI) to detect trends. Clients can also use the app to ensure tailor-made engagement through Media or Personal Customer Attention.
Key Features of Gainsight
- Centralize your Client Data: With sophisticated integrations, you can easily connect multiple data sources and integrate your client data into your Customer Success Platform to make it the heart of your Technology Stack and Analysis.
- Granular Data Architecture Control: Gainsight gives you complete control over your Object Structure, Schema, and Data. Using an accessible administrative interface, you can easily update your Data Design.
- Get More out of your Customer: With Drag-and-Drop functionalities, you can combine and alter Customer Data from diverse sources to generate more meaningful datasets for further Analysis.
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform that is among the best in the world. Their platform helps your company’s Marketing efforts expand by allowing you to collaborate effortlessly from anywhere in the world. With Salesforce, you can increase productivity, delight consumers, and ensure you Sell Smarter, Become More Relevant, and Expand Quickly.
Salesforce CRM does not require any technical knowledge for you to set up and manage. It redefines how organizations communicate with their customers, resulting in a more meaningful relationship. It also provides you with unique insights into the Customer Journey as well as tools to help you improve the Customer Experience. Salesforce has the ability to integrate with a wide range of third-party products, resulting in increased process efficiency.
Key Features of Salesforce
- Simple Customization: It’s easy to set up and enables organizations to customize the Salesforce CRM to their specific requirements.
- Dynamic Dashboards: They give you a complete view of how well your company is doing based on important metrics like Market Trends and Customer Behavior. It also simplifies the creation of Dashboards and Real-time Reporting.
- Several Ads Campaigns: Businesses can operate through a single Salesforce platform. To have a deeper understanding of these projects, companies may even use Real-time Analysis.
- Easy Collaboration: Salesforce’s collaboration capabilities enable workers from different teams to work in tandem in real-time.
Simplify Salesforce ETL using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipelines
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up data integration from Salesforce for free and 100+ Data Sources (including 30+ Free Data Sources) and will let you directly load data to a Data Warehouse or the destination of your choice. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Its completely automated Data Pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set up Gainsight Salesforce Integration
You can set up Gainsight Salesforce Integration by following the steps given below. Once you follow these steps in the correct order, you’ll be able to integrate the Gainsight Salesforce platforms effortlessly.
Step 1: To start setting up your Gainsight Salesforce Integration, you first need to access the Connections page. To do this, go to Administration > Connectors 2.0 > Connections.
Step 2: Now, from the Connector dropdown list, choose Salesforce.
Step 3: You now need to create a connection. You can do this by clicking on the Create Connection option for Gainsight Salesforce Integration. The dialogue box for creating a connection will now appear on your screen.
Step 4: Here, you’ll need to first provide a name for your connection.
Step 5: From the dropdown list, choose the desired Salesforce Org type. You can choose from the following two options:
- When you select the PRODUCTION Org type, the Authorization window will navigate to login.salesforce.com for Authorization (When No Custom Domain is Defined).
- When you select the SANDBOX Org type, the Authorization window will navigate to test.salesforce.com for Authorization (When No Custom Domain is Defined).
Step 6: To finalize your Gainsight Salesforce Integration, click Authorize. The OAuth window for Salesforce will now appear.
Step 7: You now need to enter the essential Salesforce credentials complete permission configuration for the Gainsight Salesforce Integration.
Step 8: Once the Salesforce confirmation dialogue appears, click on Allow.
Once you’ve established a connection with Salesforce, go to the Context Menu in the Salesforce connector and click on Link Gainsight to Salesforce option. You’ll now be able to see the current Gainsight account in your connected Salesforce platform.
When you choose this option, you can use the Gainsight Rules Engine and Reporting Applications to access SFDC Objects. If you only want to sync data from Salesforce to Gainsight, you don’t need to pick this option.
Your Gainsight Salesforce Integration is now complete! This is how you can integrate Gainsight and Salesforce in just 8 easy steps.
Understanding the Benefits of Gainsight Salesforce Integration
Here are some of the benefits of Gainsight Salesforce Integration:
- You can access Gainsight NXT directly using your Salesforce Login.
- You can leverage Gainsight data through the Gainsight Widget in Salesforce.
- Gainsight Salesforce Integration is bi-directional. It allows you to sync data, activities, tasks, and opportunities from Gainsight to Salesforce and vice versa.
- To achieve Customer Success, you can create reports based on Salesforce data, analyze them in Gainsight, and take the appropriate actions on the significant issues.
- You can provide Gainsight business solutions based on Salesforce data, such as Renewal Management, Customer Health Scoring, Adoption Explorer and more. All using Data Analytics, surveys and programs configuration, and so on.
This article provided you with an easy step-by-step guide to help you set up Gainsight Salesforce Integration in no time! In addition, it introduced you to the fantastic benefits of integrating your Salesforce CRM with Gainsight’s Customer and Product success platforms. It also provided you with an in-depth understanding of both platforms, along with a detailed list of features these platforms have in store for you.
You might wish to take your business growth a step further after learning about the Gainsight Salesforce Integration by employing Data Analytics techniques on your Salesforce data. This will necessitate the deployment of different complex ETL techniques to transfer data from Salesforce to a Data Warehouse.
Extracting complex data from Salesforce and numerous others platforms can be challenging & require immense engineering bandwidth, and this is where Hevo saves the day!Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data allows you to transfer data from 100+ multiple sources like Salesforce (for free) to Cloud-based Data Warehouses like Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, etc. It will provide you with a hassle-free experience and make your work life much easier.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of setting up the Gainsight Salesforce Integration! Let us know in the comments section below!