E-Commerce is one of the growing industries right now. Everyone having an offline business wants to make it available online using their E-Commerce website or online store. As the number of E-Commerce websites is increasing, so is the competition to get maximum customers. But not everyone knows how to build an E-Commerce website. WooCommerce is a no-coding plugin that helps you set up your WordPress website into a fully functional E-Commerce website.
Managing the E-Commerce website while handling Marketing and Business becomes a tedious job. Automating a few of the processes will help store owners save time. GitHub is a Version Control System (VCS) platform that helps Developers automate their work and collaborate with other Developers. GitHub WooCommerce Integration is the easiest way to sync WooCommerce customer data and automate your entire order processing.
GitHub WooCommerce Integration makes it easier for Developers to collaborate and boost the efficiency of the internal processes and automate other operations in GitHub. In this article, you will learn about GitHub, WooCommerce, and the steps to set up GitHub WooCommerce Integration. You will also read about its benefits and how it helps users automate their workflow and keep track of code.
Table of Contents
- An active WooCommerce website.
- An active GitHub account.
Introduction to GitHub
GitHub is the world’s largest community for developers that is a web-based code hosting platform for Version Control and Software Development collaboration. It uses Git, an Open-source Version Control software that lets multiple users make changes in the code at the same time. Microsoft acquired GitHub for a whopping $7.5 billion in 2018 as it is the most active user of GitHub. GitHub offers various functionalities that include Task Management, Bug Tracking, Continous Integration, feature requests, etc.
GitHub offers its services in 3 packages – the Free version allow individuals and organizations access limited resources, the Team version is available for $4 per month per user that includes advanced collaboration tools, and the Enterprise version is available for $21 per month per user that includes all the features of Team version and security, compliance, and flexible deployment. It supports integration with many 3rd party apps and services for Continous Integration, code performance, code review automation, Error Monitoring, and Task Management for Project Management.
Key Features of GitHub
A few features of GitHub are listed below:
- Team Administration: GitHub allows organizations to simplify access and permission management across their projects and teams.
- Automation: Users can use GitHub for Continous Integration/Continous Deployment, testing, planning, Project Management, onboarding, etc.
- Collaborative Coding: Using GitHub, Developers can contribute to a project with an automatic environment setup.
To learn more about GitHub, click here.
Introduction to WooCommerce
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin that allows users to integrate with your existing WordPress site and turns your website into a fully functional E-Commerce website and adds functionalities such as payments, shipping, order management, etc. More than 90% of the E-Commerce sites available on WordPress use WooCommerce. Apart from the default features, you can add more features to your E-Commerce site using WooCommerce extensions. WooCommerce offers a user-friendly interface that allows users to quickly set up their online store.
You don’t need any coding experience as it comes with many themes that make it easier for users to customize and set up their E-Commerce website with the products or services they want to sell. WooCommerce works on WordPress, it creates SEO-friendly E-Commerce websites that can easily rank up higher on Search Engine Results.
Key Features of WooCommerce
A few key features of WooCommerce are listed below:
- Secure Payments: WooCommerce comes with multiple payment solutions as it allows users to check out using major credit cards, bank transfers, checks, and cash on delivery. You can integrate with various payment gateways such as WooCommerce Payments, Stripe, PayPal, Square, Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.
- Customizable Themes: WooCommerce offers hundred of themes that users can use directly to their E-Commerce site and customize accordingly. You can customize themes using the drag and drop feature.
- Reporting: WooCommerce allows users to keep track of all the activities and analyze their Sales stats, refunds, top winning products, and categories, etc.
To know more about WooCommerce, click here.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as GitHub, WooCommerce, Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ Data Sources such as WooCommerce & GitHub for free (including 30+ free data sources) and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo not only loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination but also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set Up GitHub WooCommerce Integration
Now that you have understood about GitHub and WooCommerce. In this section, you will go through the steps to set up GitHub WooCommerce Integration. For this Integration, the Pipedream platform will be used to connect GitHub WooCommerce. The steps for GitHub WooCommerce Integration are listed below:
Step 1: Connecting to GitHub
- Log in or Sign up to the Pipedream account here.
- Go to the “Workflows” option from the side navigation bar.
- Click on the “New +” button located on the left side of the screen, as shown in the image below.
- Here in the search box, type “GitHub“.
- Select the GitHub app and select a trigger that you want to create with the GitHub WooCommerce Integration, as shown in the image below.
- Now, click on the “Select an account” option, as shown in the image below.
- Then, click on the “Connect GitHub” option, as shown in the image below.
- It will prompt you to enter the valid credentials for your GitHub account.
- After, successful login, it will ask you to grant permission to let Pipedream access your GitHub data. Grant the permissions.
- Now, choose the GitHub repository from the drop-down menu “Repo” that you want to use in GitHub WooCommerce Integration.
- Then, select the desired “Branch” from your selected repository.
- Add all other details needed based on the trigger you have selected like, for the trigger New Commit where it will ask you to add a commit.
- Then, click on the “Create Source” button.
Step 2: Configuring GitHub WooCommerce Integration
- Now, click on the “+” button.
- Here, it will show you the “Add a step” section, and in the search box type “WooCommerce“. Select the “WooCommerce” app, as shown in the image below.
- Click on the “Connect WooCommerce” button, as shown in the image below.
- Log in to your WordPress account.
- From the side navigation bar, click on the “WooCommerce” option, then click on the “Settings” and switch to the “Advanced” tab and then there click on the “REST API” option, as shown in the image below.
- Then, click on the “Add Key” button, and you will be taken to the “Key Details” and here provide all the necessary details.
- Click on the “Generate API Key“, as shown in the image below.
- It will provide you with the new API Key details, as shown in the image below.
- Copy the “Consumer Key” and paste it in the previous tab in the “key” text field, as shown in the image below.
- Similarly, copy and paste the “Consumer Secret” to the “Secret” text field.
- Enter the URL of your WooCommerce site as in format – “yourSiteName.com”
- Provide a nickname as “GitHub WooCommerce Integration“.
- Then, click on the “SAVE” button.
- Now you can send requests and receive responses using Node.js and edit them according to your needs.
That’s it! You have completed GitHub WooCommerce Integration successfully.
Benefits of GitHub WooCommerce Integration
A few benefits of using GitHub WooCommerce Integration are listed below:
- GitHub WooCommerce Integration will automatically add a Collaborator in GitHub on a New Customer in WooCommerce.
- GitHub WooCommerce Integration allows users to automatically add an order note in WooCommerce on a new issue in GitHub.
- GitHub WooCommerce Integration adds an issue in GitHub on a modified product in WooCommerce.
In this article, you learnt about GitHub, WooCommerce and went through the steps to set up GitHub WooCommerce Integration. You also read about a few benefits of using GitHub WooCommerce Integration and how it helps Developers and site owners automate the workflow and boost efficiency. WooCommerce is a widely used platform and helps beginners set up an E-Commerce site within minutes.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
To stay ahead of your competition, E-Commerce site data should be available in the analysis-ready form to perform analysis. Hevo Data offers a No-code Data Pipeline solution to transfer all your WooCommerce and Klaviyo data to any Data Warehouse. It fully automates the process of transferring data from WooCommerce & GitHub for free and 100+ Data Sources to any Data Warehouse without writing a single line of code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of learning about GitHub WooCommerce Integration in the comments section below!
No-code Data Pipeline For your Data Warehouse