Every day, different writers publish thousands of articles on similar topics, and each writer tries to make their article stand out using keywords. Probably because there are many keyword tools available online, it is easy to get confused when choosing the right tool.
Google Keyword Analytics has an edge over other keyword tools being the most popular search engine product. It is, thus, the best tool for blogs that want to rank at the top of search engines’ results. However, many blog owners do not know how to explore Google Keyword Analytics for best results. This article discusses Google Keyword Analytics, its features and functions, and how to use it to help you get the best out of the tool.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Google Keyword Analytics
It’s impossible to explain Google Keyword Analytics without mentioning Google Keyword Planner because the two tools work closely with each other. When you log on to Google Keyword Planner and insert a keyword in the search bar, you’ll get a report about the keyword’s performance. This report is known as Google Keyword Analytics.
Google Keyword Planner is an SEO research tool that helps you find the right keywords for your website articles and Google Ads so that you can appear on the front pages of search engine results, particularly Google. When you visit the Google Keyword Planner website, the system will request that you input base keywords and your business niches in the search bar. The information is processed to generate appropriate keywords for your business.
Google Keyword Analytics highlights the amount of traffic your keyword received on Google within a specific period. It also shows the cost of using the keyword in a Google Ad. Therefore, writers can use Google Keyword Analytics to research the performance of keywords related to their niche. The report will help them decide whether to use a keyword or pick a similar one with fewer users.
Advertisers can also use the report to determine the keywords to place their bids on when creating a Google Ad. This way, they don’t have to waste their marketing funds on low-performing keywords.
Understanding the Features of Google Keyword Analytics
- Keywords Analysis: In this section, the Google Keyword Analytics tool analyzes the performance of your keyword ideas. This report includes the number of times your potential audience has used the keyword and the cost of placing a bid on the word or phrase in Google Ads.
- Keyword Suggestions: Here, Google suggests similar keywords in your niche and indicates their performance.
- Average Monthly Searches: This feature indicates the number of times your potential audience used a particular keyword on Google. While you may be tempted to use keywords with the highest number of average monthly searches, this may not always be the right decision.
- Competition: Here, Google indicates how frequently websites use a keyword. Keywords with a high frequency of usage are marked ‘High’, while those with low frequency are marked ‘Low’. Businesses whose website is new should target keywords with ‘Low’ competition for optimum performance.
- Top of Page Bid: The ‘Top of Page Bid’ shows Google’s estimated cost of placing a bid on a particular keyword in Google Ads.
- Keyword Refining: This feature is unique to Google Keyword Analytics, and it is one of the reasons the tool’s reports are accurate. In this section, you can remove base keywords that are not relevant to your niche. For instance, if you run an online women’s clothing store on your website, you can use the refined keyword feature to remove keywords like ‘men’s clothing’ and ‘kids store’ in the keyword suggestion area.
- Location: If residents of a particular area are your target audience, you can use the ‘Location’ feature to eliminate keyword ideas from other regions. The ‘Location’ option is also unique to Google Keyword Analytics.
- Language: With this option, Google allows Keyword Analytics users to change the language from ‘English’ to the language spoken in their target location. This feature is exclusive to Google Keyword Analytics.
- Period: You can use this option to track the performance of keywords within a particular period.
- Download: With the Download option, you can download your Google Keyword Analytics as a Google Sheets file for record purposes.
Besides keywords, Google also takes into account a website’s content relevance and authority. So, a website with many reviews, backlinks, and a loyal audience base is more likely to rank higher in Google search results than a new website with few reviews and no backlinks, even if both websites use the same keywords.
So, considering Google’s search engine algorithm, your new website would probably get lost on Google’s last page if you use keywords with a high search volume.
Nevertheless, popular and top-ranking websites may miss some high-performing keywords. You can leverage such keywords for growth if your website is new. To know keywords in this category, study the “competition” section in Google Keyword Analytics.
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo helps you integrate and load data from 100+ different sources like Google Ads to a destination of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner. Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources allows users to bring in data of different kinds in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Transformations: Hevo provides preload transformations through Python code. It also allows you to run transformation code for each event in the pipelines you set up. You need to edit the event object’s properties received in the transform method as a parameter to carry out the transformation. Hevo also offers drag and drop transformations like Date and Control Functions, JSON, and Event Manipulation to name a few. These can be configured and tested before putting them to use.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ integrations to SaaS platforms, files, databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL databases to name a few.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources, that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Understanding the Functions of Google Keyword Analytics
Here are a few functions of the Google Keyword Planner that make it an indispensable tool:
- Free Keyword Research: Google Analytics provides websites with active keywords to rank their content, generate traffic, and attract their targeted audience.
- AdWords Analysis: Google Keyword Analytics offers advertisers accurate reports on keywords related to their niche to help them launch successful adverts on Google. With Google Keyword Analytics, advertisers can determine the right keywords and set a budget for their ad campaigns.
Understanding the Google Keyword Analytics Setup
Now that you understand what the Google Keyword Analytics tool means, the next section will discuss how to use the tool. This section will highlight the steps you need to take to get the best out of the report:
Step 1: Logging to Google Keyword Planner
To access Google Keyword Planner, type ads.google.com/keyword planner. Users who do not have a Gmail account may need to create one before visiting the website.
Step 2: Getting Your First Keyword Analytics Report
On the website’s homepage, select ‘Discover New Keywords’ to get a Google Keyword Analytics report. The system will take you to the Keyword Analytics page, where you will be asked to input your keyword ideas.
Once you enter your keyword ideas, you will receive your first report about the keyword’s performance, competition, estimated bid costs, and similar keyword suggestions.
Step 3: Changing Your Target Location and Language
At the top of your Google Keyword Analytics reports, you will find the ‘Location’ and ‘Language’ set to default. When you select each option, Google will take you to the Location and Language pages so that you can insert your desired location and language.
Step 4: Using the Refined Keywords Language
The refined keywords section helps users of Google develop personalized reports. For instance, you can eliminate unrelated keywords by removing the ‘check’ sign in front of them. This will prompt Google to exclude those keywords, and present you with a filtered report in seconds.
You have created a Google Keyword analytics report to track your traffic sources, the performance of your keywords. Leverage the report for increased traffic and conversion on your website. Contact the Google Support Team if you encounter any problems while using the tool.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Extracting complex data from a diverse set of data sources can be a challenging task and this is where Hevo saves the day! Hevo offers a faster way to move data from Databases or SaaS applications like Google Ads into your Data Warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.