Google Salesforce Integration: 5 Critical Aspects
Marc Benioff founded Salesforce.com in 1999, and today, Salesforce is one of the most dominant software on the planet. Salesforce, a Cloud-Based Customer Relationship Management (CRM), provides a full-fledged Customer Relationship Management solution to businesses without spending much effort on building one. Salesforce’s services allow businesses to use Cloud Technology to better connect with clients, customers, and partners.
Table of Contents
Apart from its traditional Customer Relationship Management service, Salesforce has now started offering many more services such as Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Mobile Connectivity, etc. As companies begin to explore the number of ways in which they use Salesforce, they look for the possibility of integrating it with various third-party apps and services to facilitate Sales operations of a success-driven organization.
Marc Benioff announced the Google Salesforce strategic partnership in 2017, revealing plans to integrate Google’s G Suite with Salesforce’s core platform, along with a mutual commitment to use each other’s products moving forward. Customers can now use their Google and Salesforce technology together for a better experience.
In this article, you’ll be shown how to best use Google alongside Salesforce in order to boost your productivity and create more time to spend on value-added Sales activities. Before getting into the details, let’s discuss both platforms in brief.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Salesforce
- Introduction to Google’s G Suite
- Salesforce G Suite Integration
Introduction to Salesforce
For plenty of Entrepreneurs, Business Owners, and Corporations, Salesforce is the king of CRM. Salesforce is the most popular and robust Cloud-Based CRM software used by online businesses. With a name that big, Salesforce CRM doesn’t compromise its reputation.
Salesforce will help you to accomplish several Marketing Goals by automating a lot of your Marketing Efforts, saving you valuable time, and increasing your Sales. It stores and keeps track of all your Customer Data, Contact Data, and Marketing Leads. You can also generate Sales Forecast Reports with Salesforce to convert your leads. Salesforce also supports Email Integration with applications like Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, etc. They really have just about everything that you could possibly think of when it comes to operations in a business and managing their customers.
Salesforce follows a subscription-based model and offers a variety of pricing options, ranging from $25 to about $300 per user on a monthly basis.
You can possibly think of combining your Salesforce data with data coming from various other sources, in your Data Warehouse to get valuable insights for your business. You can use Automated Tools like Hevo Data to integrate data between Salesforce and other sources, to a Data Warehouse of your choice.
Also, check out our Ultimate Guide on Salesforce.
Introduction to Google’s G Suite
G Suite is Google’s suite of intelligent apps. G Suite is an essential all-in-one business productivity and communication hub with all the tools and apps you need for your business to maximize Productivity, Communication, Project Management, and other key areas of Business Performance.
G Suite gives your business access to a custom Business Email, you can create as many Gmail accounts as you like for your company. You’ll be able to manage users with G Suite Admin, get more storage in Google Drive, and access a variety of apps and features including:
- Gmail: The most popular Email client
- Google Contacts: A Contact Management tool
- Google Calendar: A Calendar tool to keep your schedule organized
- Google Sheets: Cloud Spreadsheets
- Google Drive: Secure Cloud Storage to store, access, and share your files
A place where ideas flow freely and businesses run better when your apps all begin with a G.
Simplify Salesforce ETL and Data Integration using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up data integration from Salesforce (one of the 30+ Free Data Sources) and 100+ Data Sources and will let you directly load data to a Data Warehouse or the destination of your choice. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.Get started with hevo for free
Let’s look at some of the salient features of Hevo:
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and map it to the destination schema.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100’s of sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within Data Pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Salesforce G Suite Integration
Being a Salesperson, you know that closing a deal means keeping everyone involved on the same page. The combination of Google and Salesforce will help you make sure your deals go smoothly by keeping your tools and people on the same page. The Salesforce Google integration lets you keep a complete record of all your communications. The Google Salesforce partnership has gained momentum.
There are a few notable integrations that a Salesforce user can do with his Google account in order to improve productivity and save time. Let’s have a sneak peek into the following five Salesforce G Suite integrations.
- Salesforce Gmail Integration
- Salesforce Contacts to Google Contacts Sync
- Sync Salesforce Events with Google Calendar
- Migrate Salesforce Data to Google Sheets
- Google Drive Integration With Salesforce Files
Salesforce Gmail Integration
Salesforce Lightning is a Chrome extension that integrates your Gmail account with your Salesforce. Follow the below-mentioned steps to set up the integration.
- Login to your Salesforce Lightning account and click on the “Setup” tab.
- Type “Lightning for Gmail and Sync” in the Quick Find box and then proceed to select the same.
- You can now enable “Lightning for Gmail” and “Lightning Sync” based on your specific requirements.
- Once the integration is enabled from your end, simply install the Salesforce Lightning Chrome extension to connect Gmail to Salesforce.
Once you’re done with the installation, you’ll be able to see a Salesforce Sidebar added to both Gmail and Google Calendar.
- With Lightning for Gmail, you’ll be able to see relevant customer information in your Gmail interface directly from your CRM.
- You’ll also have access to your Salesforce Email templates within Gmail, helping you speed up email responses for common tasks.
- With the Log Email feature, you can associate an Email with a Salesforce object, and a copy of the Email will be visible in Salesforce alongside the relevant account, opportunity, or case. This allows you to keep an eye on the deal progress.
Salesforce Contacts to Google Contacts Sync
A Salesforce user can sync all his Salesforce Contacts to Google Contacts.
For this, you can enable “Lighting Sync” as discussed in the previous section. This server-side integration requires your Salesforce admin to initiate contacts sync. Lightning Sync creates a label in Google Contacts called Salesforce Sync. Any contacts that have synced from Salesforce to Google are found in the Salesforce Sync group. A Google Configuration can be set up to specify a Salesforce Contact filter.
- There’s absolutely no need to duplicate contacts in your Google Workspace and vice versa. This saves you time and increases productivity.
- Depending on the settings your administrator selected, Google Contacts can also be synced with Salesforce Contacts.
Sync Salesforce Events with Google Calendar
Along with Emails and contacts, Calendar Events can also be synced with Google. This is also a component of “Lightning Sync”.
Once your administrator has enabled “Lightning Sync” for Google, your events sync automatically from Google Calendar to Salesforce. Depending on the configuration setup, events can sync in both directions. With the Lightning Chrome extension, a Salesforce Sidebar is added to Google Calendar to enable easy access and improve navigation.
- A shared calendar improves coordination and makes it easy to schedule around all kinds of meetings. You can easily overlay all of your Sales and Marketing appointments from Salesforce to make sure you’ve got the best date.
- With the Log Event feature, you can associate an event with a Salesforce object, and the selected Calendar Event will now appear alongside the account in Salesforce.
Migrate Salesforce Data to Google Sheets
Email and Calendars are only a part of the picture, creating Spreadsheets has never been easier. You can now import your reports and custom data queries directly from Salesforce into Google Sheets. Google Sheet has Salesforce as one of the Data Sources. You can use Data Connector for Salesforce, a Google Sheets add-on developed by Google Cloud, to establish this integration. Once you’re done with the installation, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to import data into Google Sheets.
- Open a sheet in Google Sheets and click on “Add-ons” located at the top.
- Select “Data Connector for Salesforce” and click on “Login to Salesforce”.
- From the dropdown menu, choose the Salesforce environment you want to sign in to, and click on “Authorize”.
- Login to your Salesforce account.
You can now import, update and delete your Salesforce data very easily.
- With this synchronization, you can always have access to the most recent information with real-time updates.
- Get in-depth analysis of your customer data by leveraging Data Analytics and Visualization capabilities that aren’t offered by Salesforce Reporting.
Google Drive Integration With Salesforce Files
The ability to share information between Salesforce and Google Drive enables streamlining business processes. You can now seamlessly integrate Google Drive files with your Salesforce using connectors. Salesforce Files Connect, as the name suggests, lets you access documents stored in Google Drive from within Salesforce. Follow this detailed and extensive guide to establish the integration.
After the integration is set up, Google Drive files are displayed within the “Files” component of Lightning Pages.
- Any document that resides in Google Drive can be attached to a lead that resides in Salesforce.
- With this synchronization, any changes made to a file in real-time can be reflected on both platforms without any delay.
- Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Presentations need not be downloaded and uploaded manually into Salesforce, saving you a lot of time.
- While Salesforce offers limited storage, Google Drive has ample amount of storage space for businesses.
As the companies are getting increasingly reliant on Cloud-Based CRMs like Salesforce, it has become essential to leverage third-party integrations to enhance productivity. Google Salesforce integration allows users to spend more time building relationships with customers instead of wasting time on manual tasks. Salesforce Google integration is everything you need to make sure that you and your company are reaching your destination faster.
This article walked you through a few notable Salesforce Google integrations used by organizations to save time and increase productivity. You probably understood how easy it is to integrate Google and Salesforce, and also got familiar with the benefits of Salesforce G Suite integration.
If you are an advanced user of Salesforce, you are most probably dealing with a lot of data sources, both internally and from other Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offerings. Having all this data in one place helps in analysis and accelerates the Decision-Making Process. Accomplishing this requires integration to all such third-party apps and services. Salesforce’s Scheduled Data Load is a recommended approach by Salesforce. But this approach can be ineffective when you’re dealing with a large number of diverse data sources. In such cases, Hevo Data can be a great asset in your ETL tool portfolio.visit our website to explore hevo
Hevo Data, with its strong integration with 100+ Sources & BI tools such as Salesforce (Free Data Source), allows you to not only export data from sources & load data in the destinations, but also transform & enrich your data, & make it analysis-ready so that you can focus only on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools. You can easily extract data from Salesforce using Hevo to track the performance of your business and optimize it further to increase revenue.
Give Hevo Data a try and sign up for a 14-day free trial today. Hevo offers plans & pricing for different use cases and business needs, check them out!
Do you use Salesforce? Share your experience of working with Google Salesforce integration in the comments section below.