There is always a need for better planning and management of projects to make business efforts more impactful. As your business grows, Project and Task Management become important to run all business operations efficiently. Companies use various tools and services as a part of their workflow. The process becomes tedious as the number of tasks increases and companies are unable to keep track of all the activities. Asana is a Project Management online platform that allows companies to organize, assign and monitor projects.
With better Project Management in your hands, you can easily assign tasks and estimate the time for every task. Time plays a vital role in running any successful business. Harvest is a time tracking application that helps users keep track of business activities. It helps companies take the pulse of business and achieve their goals. Using Harvest Asana Integration allows companies to add time-tracking utilities in Project Management that will make their work a lot easier.
Harvest Asana Integration lets teams track time spent on each task and help them complete tasks on or before time. It will add the timer icon on all the tasks on Asana, and users can track the time spent on the tasks. In this article, you will learn about Asana, Harvest, and the steps to set up Harvest Asana Integration. You will also read about the benefits of using Harvest Asana Integration and how it helps teams track time and optimize their workflows.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Harvest
- Introduction to Asana
- Steps to Set Up Harvest Asana Integration
- Benefits of Harvest Asana Integration
- An active Asana account.
Introduction to Harvest
Harvest is a Cloud-based time-tracking app built on the Ruby on Rails framework. It comes with invoicing, time tracking, expense tracking, and time-based reporting. Harvest is used by freelancers and businesses of all sizes for team management, scheduling, and Project Management purposes. Companies use Harvest to send automated messages to the clients for invoicing and dues.
Harvest offers a free trial for 30 days and then charges $12 per month. It provides its services to many 3rd party apps and platforms that companies use for daily activities, such as Asana, Jira, Basecamp, GitHub, and Quickbooks. Harvest is available as a mobile application to deliver flexibility in time-tracking activities.
Key Features of Harvest
Harvest is a widely used time tracking and Project Management tool. A few features of Harvest are listed below:
- Integrations: Harvest offers integration with many 3rd party platforms that companies use for Project Management and task management. It simplifies and streamlines the workflow that helps in saving more time.
- Reporting: Harvest comes with a wide selection of visual reports that help teams keep the projects running smoothly. It allows users to dig into the details and let them export reports in CSV format.
- Automated Invoice Management: Harvest supports integration with Stripe and Paypal for faster invoicing. The invoice management lets users turn tracked time and expenses into invoices.
To know more about Harvest, click here.
Introduction to Asana
Asana is Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) designed to enhance Project and Task Management enabling seamless team collaboration. It is founded by Moskovitz and Rosenstein and officially launched in April 2012. Asana allows teams to monitor, track, organize tasks effortlessly, and optimize their workflows. It offers customization services that let users break down projects into smaller tasks and handle each task individually.
Asana comes with customizable dashboards that help users streamline tasks, handle projects, and generate reports. Asana helps companies of any size to analyze their work progress, performance, and issues regarding projects in one place.
Key Features of Asana
Asana helps companies and teams easily manage and optimize their daily business activities. There are many features of Asana that make it one of the best collaboration tools. A few features of Asana are listed below:
- Integrations: Asana comes with streamlined integrations with many 3rd party apps and services that companies use daily as a part of their workflow. It integrates with Dropbox, Salesforce, Google Calendar, and Slack, and many more.
- Customizable Dashboards: Asana offers fully customizable Dashboards that allow users to flexibly organize their workspace and easily track the progress of every project. It also lets managers and stakeholders view the progress of each involved participant in the project.
- Mobile Support: Asana also offers its services on a mobile application that helps users monitor activity, assign tasks and manage the workflow even while traveling.
To know more about Asana App, click here.
Simplify Data Analysis with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Asana, Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources (including 30+ free data sources) and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo not only loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination but also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set Up Harvest Asana Integration
Now that you have understood about Asana and Harvest. In this section, you will learn the steps to set up Harvest Asana Integration. The following steps to integrate Harvest Asana are listed below:
Step 1: Enabling Harvest for Asana
Here, you will learn to enable Harvest Asana Integration for yourself, teams and workspaces. The steps are listed below:
- Enabling Asana Harvest Time Tracking For Individuals
- Enabling Asana Harvest Time Tracking For Teams
- Enabling Asana Harvest Time Tracking For Workspace
1) Enabling Asana Harvest Time Tracking For Individual
- Log in to your Asana account here.
- Go to your profile located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Here, select the “My Settings” option, as shown by the below image.
- Now, switch to the “Apps” tab in the My Settings pop-up window.
- You will see the “Harvest Time Tracking” app under the “Available Apps” section, as shown by the below image.
- Toggle the switch to active to turn on Harvest Asana Integration, as shown by the below image.
2) Enabling Asana Harvest Time Tracking For Teams
- Go to Asana and click on the three dots option against any of the teams in your organization.
- Then, select the “Edit Team Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on the “Advanced” tab of the “Team Settings” Window, as shown by the below image.
- Here, check the box for the “Enable Harvest integration for the Support Team” option.
3) Enabling Asana Harvest Time Tracking For Workspace
- Only the Administrator can enable Harvets Asana time tracking for the workspace.
- Click on the profile photo on the top right corner of the screen.
- Then select the “Admin Console” option.
- Next, click on the “Settings” option located on the left side menu.
- A new pop will open up, here switch to the “Harvest Integration” tab, as shown by the below image.
- Check the box to enable Harvest Integration.
- Then, click on the “Done” button.
Step 2: Tracking Time in Asana Using Harvest
- After enabling Harvest Asana Integration, you can track time in those areas for which you enabled the Asana Harvest Time Tracking.
- Select any task in your Asana account.
- Then from the task description panel, click on the timer icon.
- A timer window will open up. Here, select the project and task for which you want to track time.
- Then, click on the “Start Timer” button, as shown by the below image.
- You can also add duration or start and end value for time, then click on the “Save” button.
- Once the task is complete, you can stop the timer by clicking on the timer icon again and clicking on the “Stop Timer” button.
That’s it! You have completed the Harvest Asana Integration.
Benefits of Harvest Asana Integration
Harvest Asana Integration helps teams and individuals keep track of time spent on every task they complete. It helps in optimizing the overall workflow and managing projects effectively. A few benefits of Harvest Asana Integration are listed below:
- Harvest Asana Integration helps Project Managers and teams to analyze how their time on the project is spent.
- Harvest Asana Integration allows users to track time for their tasks without switching away from Asana and get insights from the reports on where the time is spent.
- It allows users to import projects and people from Asana and send them an E-Mail invitation for automatically adding them to projects.
In this article, you learnt the steps to set up Harvest Asana Integration. You also read about the benefits of using Harvest Asana Integration and how it helps teams work efficiently on the same project. Keeping track of time using Harvest Asana Integration makes Project Management and analysis easier. Organizations growing on timely commitments with stakeholders are likely to achieve more remarkable successes.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Asana contains valuable data related to projects, teams, and operations. A company needs data from multiple sources like Asana and other Project Management tools to run analytics and optimize its workflow. Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline solution that helps to transfer data from Asana and 100+ sources to desired Data Warehouse. It fully automates the process of transforming and transferring data to a destination without writing a single line of code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of learning about Harvest Asana Integration in the comments section below!