Shopify is a popular E-commerce platform that supports over a million stores around the world. It provides an easy-to-use interface and helps you set up your online store in a seamless manner. While building a Shopify Website is a straightforward process, consistently boosting Conversions and Sales is a more difficult challenge.
There is no magic formula for improving your website; however, carefully tracking your customer journey and interactions can do immense wonders for your store. This is where the Hotjar Shopify Integration comes into the picture! As a Shopify store owner, you’ll be able to leverage Hotjar’s Behaviour Analytics features to understand your customers better and generate insights that can help boost conversions. You can use intuitive features such as Heat Maps, Session Recordings, and Surveys to analyze and give your customer’s a tailored experience.
This article will provide you with an in-depth understanding of how to set up your Hotjar Shopify Integration effortlessly. It will also help you gain a holistic understanding of what Shopify and Hotjar are all about, along with some key features of each of them! Read along to find out more and get started with Hotjar Shopify Integration.
Table of Contents
- A Shopify Account.
- Working knowledge of Hotjar.
Introduction to Hotjar
Hotjar is a Website Analytics firm that uses heatmaps, session recordings, and questionnaires to analyze website usage and provide feedback. It integrates with online analytics platforms like Google Analytics to provide information into how visitors navigate websites and how they can improve their customer experience.
Hotjar, which was founded in 2014 and is utilized by over 500,000 websites worldwide and is administered remotely by a staff of over 100 people spread across 20 countries.
Hotjar now allows users to collect data on why and how their website or app is being utilized (with using just one script). Hotjar believes that in order to fully empathize with your visitors and achieve the most meaningful and relevant results, you must consider both the what (analytics) and the why (feedback).
Key Features of Hotjar
- Hotjar is a simple and visible approach to comprehending and empathizing with your customers.
- It’s simple to gain buy-in and demonstrate Hotjar’s worth.
- Hotjar assists you in gathering feedback that explains your users’ actions.
- With no steep learning curve, Hotjar provides you with quick product experience insights.
Introduction to Shopify
Shopify is a Cloud-based platform that includes a Shopping Cart as well as an Online Store. It enables businesses to quickly and easily set up an online store. With over 1 million businesses utilizing the platform in over 100 countries, Shopify has become a household name for all-in-one E-Commerce solutions.
Customer support is a top priority for Shopify. They can be reached by phone, email, or web chat at any time. In addition, all of Shopify’s themes are mobile responsive, and the platform comes with a free built-in mobile commerce shopping cart, guaranteeing that your store looks amazing on any device and that your customers can purchase from anywhere.
Key Features of Shopify
- Easy to Set Up and Use: Shopify is a straightforward platform that is easy to set up and use.
- Integration with Other Apps: Shopify is easy to integrate with other apps. Hence, the platform promises a lot of customization options.
- Optimized Search Engine: Once your store is up and operating, it’s vital to make it Search Engine friendly. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is essential for guaranteeing that shoppers looking for your products can easily reach your website.
- Excellent Customer Service: Using this E-Commerce platform, online sellers can get reliable, round-the-clock customer service.
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data helps you integrate and load data from 100+ Different Sources (40+ Free Data Sources) like Shopify to a Data Warehouse or Destination of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner. Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
It helps transfer data from Shopify to a destination of your choice for free. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources allows users to bring in data of different kinds in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ Integrations to SaaS platforms like Shopify, Files, Databases, Analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL Databases to name a few.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources (including 40+ Free Sources) such as Shopify that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo Team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set up the Hotjar Shopify Integration
Here is the step by step procedure for the Hotjar Shopify Integration:
Step 1: First, you need to select an Online Store from your Shopify dashboard. To do this, go through the dashboard menu and you’ll find the “Online Store” button.
Step 2: Once you’ve selected your Online Store, select Themes from the drop-down menu. You can find this in the panel on the left.
Step 3: Now, click on Edit Code from the Action Menu in the top right corner.
Step 4: Once you’ve entered the code editor, you now need to select theme.liquid from the layout menu. You can do so as follows:
Step 5: Scroll down the page until you come across the </head> tag in your theme.liquid file.
Step 6: Just before the closing </head> tag, paste your Hotjar tracking code. Each website you add to your Hotjar account will have its own Tracking Code that you will need to install. Go to Sites & Organizations and click the TRACKING CODE button next to the website you want to install your Tracking Code for.
Step 7: Once you’ve added the tracking code, you can save and publish your theme. To do so, click Save and Publish. Your Storefront should now have the Hotjar Tracking Code loaded. You’ll need to install the Tracking Code in another section to track order confirmations as well, this is where the Hotjar Shopify Integration starts!
Step 8: Now, open settings, click the gear symbol in the lower-left corner.
Step 9: You now need to find the checkout option. Typically, checkout is the last option you’ll find in the bottom left corner of your Shopify settings page.
Step 10: Once you’ve clicked on it, scroll down until you see the box labelled as “Additional Scripts”. Here, you’ll need to add the Hojar tracking code. You can direct paste the code and click on save.
Step 11: In the final steps of Hotjar Shopify Integration, you’ll need to verify the integration from your Hotjar Website Dashboard. You need to wait a few minutes for Hotjar to check if the Hotjar Tracking Code is installed correctly after you’ve added it to your website. This normally happens as soon as your website is loaded with the Hotjar Code, but you can speed up the process by visiting the page yourself.
The Site Dashboard will display a notification similar to the one below once Hotjar has discovered the Tracking Code on your website:
Your Hotjar Shopify Integration is complete!
Understanding the Benefits of Hotjar Shopify Integration
Here are some of the amazing benefits of setting up Hotjar Shopify Integration:
- You can determine which pages have a high exit rate.
- On essential pages, you can look for the greatest (and worse) elements.
- You can examine how visitors engage with key pages on your website.
- You can set up a survey after a user/visitor has purchased anything.
This article provided you with an easy step-by-step guide to help you set up Hotjar Shopify Integration in no time! In addition, it introduced you to the fantastic benefits of integrating your Shopify Store with Hotjar. It also provided you with an in-depth understanding of both platforms, along with a detailed list of features these platforms have in store for you.
You might wish to take your business growth a step further after learning about the Hotjar Shopify Integration by employing Data Analytics techniques on your Shopify data. This will necessitate the deployment of different complex ETL techniques to transfer data to a Data Warehouse.
Extracting complex data from Shopify and numerous other platforms can be challenging & require immense engineering bandwidth, and this is where Hevo saves the day!
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data with its strong integration with 100+ Data Sources (Including 40+ Free Data Sources) like Shopify allows you to not only export data from your desired data sources & load it to the destination of your choice, but also transform & enrich your data to make it analysis-ready so that you can focus on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools. It helps transfer data from Shopify to a destination of your choice for free. It will provide you with a hassle-free experience and make your work life much easier.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of setting up the Hotjar Shopify Integration in the comments below!