HubSpot Email Reports: 101 Effective Guide to Key Metrics & Custom Email Templates
Communication has evolved in tandem with the fast transformation of Digital Marketplaces. Understanding how your Prospects or Customers react to your Sales & Marketing Communications may help you build a stronger relationship with them. Tracking their activities and behaviour, such as Email Engagement, Open Rate, Click Rate, and Content Insight, is critical to developing a great Customer-Centric Business.
Table of Contents
HubSpot Email Reports aims to bridge the gap when it comes to transparent and full-fledged Email Campaign Tracking. HubSpot Email Reports provide unique Insights, Impactful Follow-ups, and features like Scheduling Emails for the “Optimal Times”. Knowing when your Customers are most likely to check their Email helps you to adjust your Emailing Schedule so that your Content is not buried underneath a pile of other Business Emails they may be getting and gives you a Competitive Advantage by timing it correctly.
When it comes to Email Tracking and important KPIs, it might get a little daunting at times. That is why we created this HubSpot Email Reports comprehensive guide to assist you in better understanding important Email Campaign KPIs that Marketers should measure, as well as HubSpot’s Customisable Email Templates which you can create to simplify your Workflow and Customer Updating Process.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to HubSpot
- HubSpot Email Reports: Key Metrics
- HubSpot Email Reports: Custom Email Templates
Introduction to HubSpot
HubSpot is an All-in-One Inbound Marketing Dashboard & Reporting Tool that acts as a Single Source of Truth (SSoT) for all of your Marketing, Sales, and Customer Support Data. HubSpot is a Cloud-based Service that provides a free CRM Suite as well as Marketing, Sales, Support, and CMS Hubs that may be implemented separately or in combination for maximum flexibility and scalability.
HubSpot offers a comprehensive Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Solution that enables your company to grow, with the help of Custom Integrations and Tools. HubSpot is a useful Tool for Content Creation, Social Media Management, Lead Collection, Workflow Automation, Sales Pipeline Mapping, Performance Tracking and many more essential Business Tasks.
HubSpot’s scalability capabilities let businesses grow at any stage, with options for quickly upgrading subscription plans without losing out on anything. While there are many alternative CRM Systems in the market, HubSpot stands out in terms of allowing your employees to focus more on the Customers by providing helpful information and best inbound practices, in affordable pricing plans.
Thousands of businesses choose HubSpot Products for their business needs due to its easy-to-use User Interface and inexpensive price options. Here are a few more things that you can do on HubSpot:
- Build Custom Dashboards & Reports in Seconds
Growing businesses require speedy responses to One-Time Inquiries. When you have to rely on Spreadsheets for all of your reporting or wait for assistance from an Analyst every time you need a new report, that’s a hefty order. HubSpot’s Easy-to-Use, Intuitive UI and No-code Tools make it easy for you to leverage information without any technical expertise.
- Create Up to 300 Dashboards to Bring your Team Together
Flexible Dashboards consolidate various reports onto a single canvas, allowing everyone to focus on the most important indicators. You can build high-level Executive Dashboards quickly, set up Dashboards to enable team members to track the progress of their goals and personalise the layout with a simple drag and drop interface.
HubSpot also offers pre-built Marketing, Sales, and Service Dashboards based on typical use cases. You can check out HubSpot’s Dashboard Template Library here.
- Get Safe and Secure Data Management
With Advanced Reporting Permissions, you can provide everyone access to the data they need, while keeping sensitive data safe. For further control over your data, you may set Visibility in Reports and Dashboards as Public or Private, or limit access to specific Users and Teams.
Streamline HubSpot ETL Using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up data integration from 100+ data sources including HubSpot and will let you directly load data to a Data Warehouse or the destination of your choice for free. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Let’s Look at Some Salient Features of Hevo:
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
HubSpot Email Reports: Key Metrics
There are numerous reasons why Email is such a Powerful Marketing Tool. Not only is Email a fantastic method for Customers to connect, but Businesses use it every day to reach out to new, existing, and potential Customers. It outperforms Social Media by allowing for the delivery of Private, Transactional Communications, which results in increased Customer Retention and higher profitability chances. You may quickly customise your Emails to appeal to a specific consumer persona. In addition, Email Campaigns are targeted since it allows you to communicate directly to your Customers at their convenience.
HubSpot Email Reports is one such remarkable feature in HubSpot that lets you review Email Campaign Performance and compare its Engagement with another Email Campaign that you’ve sent previously. HubSpot Email Reports with essential KPIs enables you to decide, act and optimise your future Email Marketing Campaigns for the growth of your business.
Here are the four most critical Email Marketing KPIs that Marketers should keep an eye on to make sure their efforts are paying off:
- Deliverability Rate
- Time Spent Viewing Email
- Engagement over Time
- Contacts Lost
The greatest approach to build your business is to provide valuable experiences for your Prospects and Customers. Inbound Marketing, it turns out, is perfectly linked with Email Deliverability, because Email Deliverability is based on trust rather than gimmicks. Your Customers are more likely to engage with your emails over time if they are relevant and noteworthy. With this in mind, HubSpot prioritises Email Delivery in HubSpot Email Reports.
HubSpot Email Reports offers some amazing features to get started with effective Email Deliverability and getting better success rates. Here are some worth mentioning:
- HubSpot Email Reporting allows filtering out contacts who haven’t responded to your past Emails, ensuring that you’re only delivering to individuals who want to hear from you. To guarantee that you don’t send too many Emails to a single contact, you can set a Send Frequency Cap. You may quickly and simply View, Categorise, and Export Deliverability Reports for your Emails.
- Unlike other CRM Services, HubSpot Email Reporting is a Smart System. It doesn’t stop at “Undeliverable”; it digs further into why an Email wasn’t delivered in the first place and adjusts your Email Lists accordingly. Plus, HubSpot’s Algorithms continuously update your Email Lists when more undeliverable data comes in, making them even better at optimising efficiency for your next Email Delivery.
In addition, HubSpot Email Reports employ Machine Learning to forecast the performance of an Email Campaign, whether it’s performing beneficially or harming your business’ reputation, so you can decide & act accordingly.
Time Spent Viewing Email
In the HubSpot Email Report Performance pages for Emails, you can see Time Spent Viewing Email information. This information lets you know the amount of time spent by your Customers engaging with your Emails. This data can be presented in a Chart format, or it can be broken down at the top of the page by the percentage of Viewers who opened the email, who Glanced, Skimmed or Read your Emails. HubSpot’s Email Reporting’s terminology for these words goes as follows:
- Glanced: The proportion of people who opened the email and looked at it for less than two seconds.
- Skimmed: The proportion of people who opened the email and looked at it for two to eight seconds.
- Read: The proportion of recipients who opened and watched the email for at least eight seconds.
Engagement Over Time
The Engagement Over Time metric shows how many times your Customers have Opened and Clicked on your Emails over time. This data may help you determine the Best Times of day to send your Email Campaigns to your Email Lists. Additionally, if you use Automation Workflow in HubSpot Email Reports, scheduling your Emails for the best times can ensure maximum Customer Engagement and Customer Response.
With HubSpot Email Reports, you can test what works best for your company, capture and analyse real-time results, and schedule your Emails. HubSpot Email Reports lets your filter the number of Opens and Clicks by the first 24 hours, the first week, and the first month.
Contacts Lost is essentially the Unsubscribed Customer List in your Email Campaigns. This information presents insights into whether Customers are actively interested in interacting with your Content or are they finding it dull. This lends you a Consumer perspective that fuels better Content Creation and Business Growth.
In addition, looking at the Unsubscribe Rate in conjunction with Spam Reports and Hard Bounces can help you understand the wider context of “Contacts Lost.” By integrating these three Indicators, you can get a comprehensive picture of the health of your Email List and take action simultaneously.
HubSpot Email Reports: Custom Email Templates
You can create and save Repetitious Email Content with HubSpot’s Customisable Email Templates. You can personalise and tailor the Content of a Template before sending it to your Recipients. Templates are available in the HubSpot CRM and when sending Emails from your Inbox.
Template permissions allow Users to Create, Amend, and Delete available Templates. However, HubSpot has certain restrictions when it comes to utilising Templates. Only first five Templates made in the account are available to Free Users. This means that if a Free User is added to an account that already has five or more templates, the Free User will only be allowed to see and utilise the first Five Templates.
How to Create a Custom Email Template
To get started with creating and using Customised Email Templates in HubSpot Email Reports, do the following actions:
Step 1: Go to Conversations > Templates in your HubSpot Dashboard.
Step 2: After clicking New Template, select “From Scratch”.
Step 3: Give your Template a Name and a Subject.
Step 4: Click the Shared with everyone dropdown menu and select Private to make the template Private, hence allowing you to access and use it. On the Templates Dashboard, you can change these settings later on, if you wish to share this with specific Users or Teams.
Click the Select a folder dropdown menu if you wish to add the Template to a pre-existing folder.
Step 5: Fill in the rest of your Email’s body. Further elaborate details on the pop-up window have been explained below.
- To change the Text Format, you can use the formatting options at the bottom of the editing window.
- Click the More dropdown menu to change the font type and size, as well as the text alignment.
- Click the Link icon link to add hyperlinked Content.
- Click the Image icon insert image to insert an image.
- Click the Personalize dropdown menu to include personalization tokens in your Email Template.
- Click the Insert dropdown menu to add Snippets, Sales document, Meeting link, or a Video.
Step 6: Click Save template after you’re through with creating your Template.
You can now send Template Emails from the CRM and your Email Inbox using the Sales extension, or Add Template Emails to your sequences.
- Templates must include text. Templates with images only will not attach successfully to your Email in HubSpot or your Email Client.
- Templates containing curly brackets create difficulties with HubSpot’s Template Rendering Service. Instead, you may use a Placeholder token to encourage Customers to fill in the missing information before sending the Email.
- In addition to linking your Email to HubSpot, if you want to utilise HubSpot’s Sales Email Templates, HubSpot will scan the text of your sent Emails to discover suitable Templates for usage by Users in your HubSpot account.
The idea behind setting up HubSpot Email Reports and gathering insights enables Marketers to drive more effective Email Campaigns, have an overview of Customer Engagement and Content Insight that performs. This article aimed to present essential Email Performance Tracking KPIs, and Customised Email Setup Guide to analyse and ease your Workflow.
In Marketing Businesses, as more and more Customer Data accumulates up, it becomes an overwhelming task to organise, store and analyse data with ease. Hevo with it’s No-code, fault tolerant architecture aims to help businesses migrate their data from popular CRM Solutions like HubSpot to Data Warehouses like Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Google BigQuery, and Firebolt (Integration Coming Soon!) within minutes with just a few clicks for free.
Hevo with its strong integration with 100+ sources & BI tools(Including Free Sources like HubSpot) allows you to not only export data from sources & load data in the destinations, but also transforms & enriches your data, & make it analysis-ready so that you can focus only on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Give Hevo a try and Sign Up for a 14-day free trial today.
Share your experience of learning about HubSpot Email Reports and Custom Templates in the comments below. We would love to hear from you!